Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OboePlayaz1988 View Post
    I think you meant to write "Latin Mass" instead of Latin Rite because the OF and EF are technically both part of the Latin Rite of the Roman Catholic Church (as both of their Masses are in Latin lol).
    lol, yes I meant the Latin Mass, not rite.

Pre-Vatican II theology is beautiful and should be taught and more widespread because it's much easier to understand and their is less room for debate and variation in interpretation. Most of the current theology, although saying the same thing as before, is very vague. I am a member of a Catholic Student Association (at school), and the effects of this "vague" theology is so apparent that it makes me frustrated with the group.
    All that is beautiful from the pre-Vatican II area, theologically, is preserved in the teachings of Vatican II. It is heretical to deny the Spirit's guidance and teaching from the epic VII council.

I desire for people (as well as for myself) to have a relationship with God. Part of that relationship means finding out Who He is (and in turn finding out who we are). The more we learn about Him from (reading the Holy Bible and meditating on it, studying the Catechism of Catholic Church, pray (especially prayers of the saints and Church Fathers), and daily recitation of the Psalms (like in the Divine Office for instance or just by chance)), the more we will want to revere Him and worship His as God first and foremost, our deity, Our Lord.
    I agree.

And it is by doing those things that people find that anything less than the Extraordinary Form of the Mass would seem lacking (even though it's not, but we'd have a greater propensity toward giving God the more grandiose). The more come to know Our Lord, the more we realize how sinful and unworthy we are. Naturally, we'll desire to put the Holy Trinity on as high a pedestal as we possibly can and long to adore and glorify Him for the sake of being Him!

The Extraordinary Form inspires submission to the Almighty God and an intense yearning for His salvation and deliverance. To be counted among the righteous. It teaches us to appreciate and to really discover what it means to experience God's grace and mercy in our lives and how everything is dependent upon Him.
    So does the Ordinary Form. While particular forms of worship may elicit different spiritual meanings to people, neither one is better than the other.

I'm sure you've heard all of the typical arguments against the OF (people-centered, meal not sacrifice, priest seemingly arbitrary with a more "symbolic" role, community-centered, etc. . .) so I'm not going to hash at them and dissect them. I will repeat this, though: I wish the OF would be done according to the rubrics in churches that actually looked like Catholic churches.
    They will be, the new Roman Missal is designed to do just that, a direct translation from the actual Latin.

Lighten up on the bleeding-heart liberal Roman Catholics because I'm one of them ;-) I wish I could be half the person Blessed Theresa of Calcutta was.
    haha I don't think you are one, at all. The bleeding heart liberals support abortion, female ordination, homosexual ordination, etc.
    Virile agitur

OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Grinners View Post
    'Catholic' female politician in Australia at the moment rising up the ranks who is pro-abortion...

Talk about hypocritical IMO...

Can one be catholic and pro-abortion??? If you disagree with a position as fundamental as this... your not a believer.
    Heck 2 da no!!! That's one of the 5 non-negotiables, and the FIRST of them at that ^^

OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Yess He isss!!

Originally Posted by Jihoondocks92 View Post
    Jesus can't be 100% man and 100% God... he could be 45.4 percent man and 55.6 percent god.....

fools
    Nope! The beauty of the Mystery of the Incarnation is how God, in His amazing omnipotence, can be 100% God and 100% man at the same time.

That's why we refer to the Christ as the God-man.

There's a beautiful prayer from the Liturgy which acknowledges this very fact:

"O God, Who in creating man didst exalt his nature very wonderfully and yet more wonderfully didst establish it anew; by the Mystery signified in the mingling of this water and wine, grant us to have part in the Godhead of Him Who hath deigned to become a partaker of our humanity, Jesus Christ, Thy Son our Lord; Who liveth and reigneth with Thee, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, world without end. Amen."

That's the prayer recited when the priest blesses the holy water to be mixed with the wine which will become the Precious Blood in honor of the water and blood which flowed from the side of Christ when pierced by the soldier's lance. We are called to share in His divinity just like He humbled Himself to share in our humanity. We should answer Christ's call to divinity and dignity =)

Originally Posted by ONtop888 View Post
    Yes, Opus Dei is an approved papal order, the problem is, they are subject to the jurisdiction of the bishop, period. If they hold their own mass, then that is different, but you can't tell a diocese to perform the EF, it is NOT mandatory.

Why can't Catholics go to the Ordinary Form Mass? If they are Catholic then they should know that the language and rituals aren't important, it is Christ and His presence in the Eucharist and amidst our Church. While different forms of worship elicit better spiritual meaning for different people, the Eucharist is ALWAYS the same.

So, the Bishop is not performing Ordinary Mass either?
    Yes and no lol.

See, (and this holds true for EF Masses as well because I've been to some that were like this), if sufficient liturgical abuses are observed, the faithful have an obligation to not participate in that worship. I can find that Law for you, but I'm pressed for time right now (I'm in a fashion show 2nite and I'm really neverous cuz i've never modeled b4 n i dun rly look the type either lol, sooo pray 4 me n wish me luck!! and I'm scrambling to finish a paper before I'm supposed 2 b there!), so I'll have to get back to you with that ^^

Dang!!! Givin me a run for my $$

All that is beautiful from the pre-Vatican II area, theologically, is preserved in the teachings of Vatican II. It is heretical to deny the Spirit's guidance and teaching from the epic VII council.

I agree.

So does the Ordinary Form. While particular forms of worship may elicit different spiritual meanings to people, neither one is better than the other.

They will be, the new Roman Missal is designed to do just that, a direct translation from the actual Latin.

haha I don't think you are one, at all. The bleeding heart liberals support abortion, female ordination, homosexual ordination, etc.
    Wow, you're a tough one ^^, but I will answer this after the show ^^

See ya and blessings+++

Christopher

Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Finally, my response!

I agree.

Very true that all of the doctrine is the same. Unfortunately, there is no emphasis placed on it in most American parishes, and that scares me because people are losing what Catholic identity really means. More doctrine is taught at an EF Mass and also the text of our prayers are a testimony of that doctrine and of the faith in general! It's amazing!!!

The OF in and of itself isn't bad, just how it's not prayed properly and people add too many additions and take liberties [that really they don't have the authority to take]. I'll state some examples:

-Adding words to the text already there.
    -Not paying attention to the proper gests to be made at certain times (some of which are already mentioned in the Ordinary): You're supposed to make a profound bow at certain point in the Nicene Creed, cross yourself at a certain point during the Canon, strike your chest during the Penitential Rite, etc. . . Most people cross themselves maybe three times during the whole liturgy, when there are about 15-20 points at which a pious soul would cross themselves (although that sounded slightly judgmental and that could vary by region, but just sayin'. . .).
    -Vestments
    -Too many Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
    -What people wear (although that is more of a case-by-case thing)
    -Music (lots of Protestant music in the repertoire)

Now, although the new translations of the Missal will be great, it's not going to make people be more reverent; that has to come from within and from praying for the guidance of the Holy Ghost. Even an OF Mass in the current form [as outlined by the Holy See] can be prayed reverently and with adoration. I've seen it!

I am a liberal (but not a democrat ^^ I don't like our political parties lol). I am adamantly pro-life, however. I do not support stem-cell research or in vitro fertilization either. I do not support homosexual "marriage," although I do support legal unions between people of the same gender (marriage to me is not a matter of the state, but purely celestial and spiritual, also marriages need to be consommated which implies that people in a marriage would be committing mortal sins if they were not sexually active so in the case of homosexuality, that's a catch-22 situation because either they're sinning by not having sex or they're sinning by having sexual intercourse). I am for stricter gun-control (don't even bother trying to convince me otherwise, I've heard ALL arguments AGAINST stricter gun-control and although logical, I could not ever be able to assent to it and sleep @ night LOLOL sorryz). I do NOT believe in separation of Church and state. In theory I do not support freedom of religion, although I do not believe it would be appropriate to criminalize someone who is not Roman Catholic. . .hard to explain. Islam is a different story, however. . . I support charity and almsgiving, looking out for the poor and caring for them. I do not support the war in Iraq. I'm not a very good economist, but I'm positive higher taxation going to things I support (aka NOT planned parenthood, but to healthcare in general) would be good, and I'd rather has socialized medicine. Those are just my proofs to show you that I'm really honestly truly a liberal LOL because I feel I'm a very loving person and believe we should take care of each other (not to say that I never get pissed off or get extremely enraged at people, but it's very difficult for me to really say I hate anyone).

I suppose I would be referred to as a "traditionalist" Roman Catholic by today's standards, but I see it as being simply Roman Catholic, and others are "modernist" ^^ (I know I use labels a lot but I used to have an eating disorder so that's where lots of the judgmental and labeling and comparing comes from lololol).

My prayer is that God will hopefully send some strong, devout, faithful Roman Catholic friends who are Latin Massers in my life and that I find a good parish to be a member of where I can make sooooo much progress on my Christian walk (because I am in dire need of it lol). I feel like I have to carry all of my friends' spiritual lives and problems, Catholic and not, but who's gonna carry me when I need it??? LOLOL cuz I have my weaknesses as well. I'm starting to develop more patience, though, which is such a blessing.

OKAY THERE!!!! Beat that rebuttle!!! lolol ^^

jk jk

Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are there any free online RCIA courses that one could take please ?

Wow!

Originally Posted by Turco View Post
    Turco! This is beautiful =) I love Enya, especially Orinoco Flow. This is a great hymn for this Advent Season, and what's really great about it is that it includes all 7 of the great O Antiphons used for Lauds in the the week before the Feast of the Nativity of the Lord!

O Sapientia -- O Wisdom
    O Adonai -- O Adonai (Lord)
    O Radix Jesse -- O Root of Jesse
    O Clavis David -- O Key of David
    O Oriens -- O Morning Star
    O Rex Gentium -- O King of the Nations (I think. . . ^^)
    O Emmanuel -- O Emmanuel (God with us)

Originally Posted by Muclebuilder1 View Post
    Are there any free online RCIA courses that one could take please ?
    Hi Musclebuilder,

yay for people inquiring into the Catholic faith! Any particular reason why you want to take one online? Is there not a Catholic parish nearby?? Just because you're in RCIA does not mean you are obligated to convert ^^ you're allowed to just sit in them to learn, discuss, or just listen

Oops!

The O Antiphons aren't for Lauds, but for Vespers!!!

sorryz. . .

Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Musclebuilder,

yay for people inquiring into the Catholic faith! Any particular reason why you want to take one online? Is there not a Catholic parish nearby?? Just because you're in RCIA does not mean you are obligated to convert ^^ you're allowed to just sit in them to learn, discuss, or just listen
    Thank you. The RCC has always been a big part of my family. Half of my family is Roman Catholic and half of my family is Protestant with a small part being in Judaism.

Thank you. The RCC has always been a big part of my family. Half of my family is Roman Catholic and half of my family is Protestant with a small part being in Judaism.
    Well, please do attend the meetings. Like I said, there's not obligation, just go learn about the one true faith!!!! Although personally, I fear what they could be teaching in RCIA classes lol and if it's really hardcore Catholic doctrine ^^, but i suppose you could check it out. If it starts to sound too Protestant, then yes you shouyld prolly leave and find another.

The Internet has MUCH material, and the Vatican has a website u should check out as well ^^

Hope you're preparing for the coming of Christ!

Christopher

ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    RCIA is great brother, I definitely would encourage you to sit in on an RCIA session, and talk to a priest as well. You have a very diverse and interesting heritage, must make for some interesting/fun family events, lol. RCIA is free brother, here's a good site about it:

http://stfrancisa2.com/rcia/RCIA%20FAQs.html
    Virile agitur

Very true that all of the doctrine is the same. Unfortunately, there is no emphasis placed on it in most American parishes, and that scares me because people are losing what Catholic identity really means. More doctrine is taught at an EF Mass and also the text of our prayers are a testimony of that doctrine and of the faith in general! It's amazing!!!
    I would argue that many Catholics today are largely uncatechized, so whether they are in the EF or the OF, they are going through the motions, and not really understanding the deeper spiritual meaning behind particular gestures.

The OF in and of itself isn't bad, just how it's not prayed properly and people add too many additions and take liberties [that really they don't have the authority to take]. I'll state some examples:

-Adding words to the text already there.
    -Not paying attention to the proper gests to be made at certain times (some of which are already mentioned in the Ordinary): You're supposed to make a profound bow at certain point in the Nicene Creed, cross yourself at a certain point during the Canon, strike your chest during the Penitential Rite, etc. . . Most people cross themselves maybe three times during the whole liturgy, when there are about 15-20 points at which a pious soul would cross themselves (although that sounded slightly judgmental and that could vary by region, but just sayin'. . .).
    A couple things to consider: the Mass has changed dramatically since it was originated. You can document the changes by studying Church history, particularly Justin Martyr and Hippolytus, to see what a 2nd and 3rd century Mass looked like (www.ccel.org/fathers). Now, the EF was institutionalized after the Council ofTrent, hence the name "Tridentine Mass." That dates to the 1500s, and it preserved the core doctrines and gestures of ancient Christianity, and the unbroken Sacred Tradition of the Eucharist, while adding new features that were relevant to its day. Vatican II did the same, although, as you've stated, some people took WAY too liberal actions, and the new Roman Missal will do the same, but it won't be as revolutionary as the prior ones.

-Vestments
    -Too many Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
    -What people wear (although that is more of a case-by-case thing)
    -Music (lots of Protestant music in the repertoire)
    All of these things have changed dramatically over the course of Church history as well , just sayin.

Now, although the new translations of the Missal will be great, it's not going to make people be more reverent; that has to come from within and from praying for the guidance of the Holy Ghost. Even an OF Mass in the current form [as outlined by the Holy See] can be prayed reverently and with adoration. I've seen it!
    True, but the reverence of a believer, as you've said, doesn't come from the EF or OF Mass, it comes from the believer.

I am a liberal (but not a democrat ^^ I don't like our political parties lol). I am adamantly pro-life, however. I do not support stem-cell research or in vitro fertilization either. I do not support homosexual "marriage," although I do support legal unions between people of the same gender (marriage to me is not a matter of the state, but purely celestial and spiritual, also marriages need to be consommated which implies that people in a marriage would be committing mortal sins if they were not sexually active so in the case of homosexuality, that's a catch-22 situation because either they're sinning by not having sex or they're sinning by having sexual intercourse).[/quote]
    Crazy bro, I agree with EVERYTHING you just wrote, must be our new generation of Catholics (serious).

I suppose I would be referred to as a "traditionalist" Roman Catholic by today's standards, but I see it as being simply Roman Catholic, and others are "modernist" ^^ (I know I use labels a lot but I used to have an eating disorder so that's where lots of the judgmental and labeling and comparing comes from lololol).
    Well, I wouldn't call you a traditionalist Catholic, LOL, because that title comes with its own negative theological presuppositions, such as the damnation of everyone who isn't baptized a Catholic (WOW). But then again, a traditionalist in today's Church is probably alot of different, and we would both probably be considered just that.
    Virile agitur

I would argue that many Catholics today are largely uncatechized, so whether they are in the EF or the OF, they are going through the motions, and not really understanding the deeper spiritual meaning behind particular gestures.

A couple things to consider: the Mass has changed dramatically since it was originated. You can document the changes by studying Church history, particularly Justin Martyr and Hippolytus, to see what a 2nd and 3rd century Mass looked like (www.ccel.org/fathers). Now, the EF was institutionalized after the Council ofTrent, hence the name "Tridentine Mass." That dates to the 1500s, and it preserved the core doctrines and gestures of ancient Christianity, and the unbroken Sacred Tradition of the Eucharist, while adding new features that were relevant to its day. Vatican II did the same, although, as you've stated, some people took WAY too liberal actions, and the new Roman Missal will do the same, but it won't be as revolutionary as the prior ones.

All of these things have changed dramatically over the course of Church history as well , just sayin.

True, but the reverence of a believer, as you've said, doesn't come from the EF or OF Mass, it comes from the believer.

I am a liberal (but not a democrat ^^ I don't like our political parties lol). I am adamantly pro-life, however. I do not support stem-cell research or in vitro fertilization either. I do not support homosexual "marriage," although I do support legal unions between people of the same gender (marriage to me is not a matter of the state, but purely celestial and spiritual, also marriages need to be consommated which implies that people in a marriage would be committing mortal sins if they were not sexually active so in the case of homosexuality, that's a catch-22 situation because either they're sinning by not having sex or they're sinning by having sexual intercourse).
    Crazy bro, I agree with EVERYTHING you just wrote, must be our new generation of Catholics (serious).

Well, I wouldn't call you a traditionalist Catholic, LOL, because that title comes with its own negative theological presuppositions, such as the damnation of everyone who isn't baptized a Catholic (WOW). But then again, a traditionalist in today's Church is probably alot of different, and we would both probably be considered just that.[/QUOTE]

We should all pray on the catechesis! It really helps to know lol. Also, I find our doctrines and their explanations very beautiful and interesting ^^ so it definitely gives food for thought.

I looked at that link you wrote, but there weren't any pics of the Mass (if there even are any ^^), if I'm supposed to read, however, I'll have to do that l8r cuz I need to go 2 sleep (class @ 9 lolol).

You do have a point about the Church changing for it's time, so in light of that. . .I don't have much to say, but I'll still say that I'd always ere on the side of caution and suggest that everyone say TLM =)

You agree with me??? Yay! I was honestly anxious to see your response to my political views because I was sure you were gonna reproach me in a minute and then I was gonna have to jump on the defense lol ^^ I will say though that my "political views" on ******** simply says "Papist" (how ya like dat 1?? ;-) ) lol. . .

Traditionalist, although I like the term, seems to be more pejorative unfortunately lol and prolly wouldn't call someone that to their face, but I'd say you, sir, are an 'orthodox' Catholic. There!

Yeah the website has excerpts from the 2nd and 3rd century Mass, not pictures, LOL. orthodox Catholic, I like that, good call dave man.
    Virile agitur

Feast of the Immaculate Conception of the BMV!!!

I am so excited and joyful for this glorious feast of Our Lord's power and majesty!

I was meditating and thinking about it while I was praying Vespers tonight and I got to thinking how beautiful it is that God created so beautiful a creation to be His Mother.

He prepared her especially for His only Son, Whom He loves and for Whom and through Whom ALL was made. Out of all of the Father's gifts to the Son, His Mother is without question the first and best of all of those gifts.

Even the angels and powers of Heaven gaze upon her beauty and marvel at the fact that she is radiant in glory, full of the grace of Our God Most High!

Since the Blessed Virgin is the New Eve, she reverses and stands for everything that our first Eve didn't. Where Eve, in her selfishness and pride disobeyed, Mary, in her humility and love for God, obeyed.

God placed enmities between her and the serpent who is Satan. There is enmity because the enemy knows he has NO power over her because even from the moment of her Conception, her soul was already filled with such grace that it keeps Satan at bay.

Therefore, she is our protector and great intercessor, how powerful is she who rejoices in the Salvation of her Son more than all creation!

"Thou art all fair o Blessed Virgin and the original stain is not in thee!"

"The Lord hath blessed thee by his power, because by thee he hath brought our enemies to nought." (Judith 13: 22)

"Blessed art thou, O daughter, by the Lord the most high God, above all women upon the earth." (Judith 13:23)

"Thou art the glory of Jerusalem, thou art the joy of Israel, thou art the honour of our people" (Judith 15:10)

"And the king shall greatly desire thy beauty; for he is the Lord thy God, and him they shall adore." (Psalm 44:12)

"For she is the brightness of eternal light, and the unspotted mirror of God's majesty, and the image of his goodness." (Wisdom 7:26)

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women." (Luke 1:28)

"I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel." (Genesis 3:15)

--A little prayer by me: Laetentur coeli ! O glorious Virgin Mary, and Mother of Our Lord, I celebrate your holy and Immaculate Conception. By your prayers to Almighty God, may we, lost sinners, be saved by the Salvation of your Son, Our Lord and Our God. Amen. Alleluia+

God chose Mary from the beginning of all creation to be the vessel by which His Beloved would enter the world and save us poor sinners.

She is an example of the perfect love and adoration to God. May she teach us to be faithful servants of the Lord.

Me and the other Catholic Student Association members who live in my apartment building, some of us got together to pray the Litany of the Blessed Virgin (Loreto) and then prayed the Joyful Mysteries of the Holy Rosary in honor of the Immaculate Conception.

AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AreaCode201 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Please pray for me guys. Law school exams start tomorrow.

Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm going to Rome/Vatican for Christmas.

heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Raised Catholic but switched to Protestant around age 14 very good thread though enjoying it very much.
    Next stop 250 lbs both my weight and lost 😁

Highest Weight 500lbs +
    Lowest Weight since joining 264lbs

Current 264 lbs

Time to get to my original dream goal

rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's........awesome. Hoping to get there before the end of my life, LOL. (Well, there and Jerusalem).
    Steve

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Body like a stone, mind like a meatloaf.
    - Eric Cartman

Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
    That's........awesome. Hoping to get there before the end of my life, LOL. (Well, there and Jerusalem).
    I'd like to go to Jerusalem, too. I also would like to visit the sites of Marian apparitions, starting with Mexico City (Our Lady of Guadalupe). Hopefully, I'll get started on that sometime next year.

Deo gratias!!! That'll be amazing =) Make sure you take lots of pics and do lots of prayinnng.

Def let us kno how it was when u get bak!!

Christopher

Originally Posted by heathershubby View Post
    Raised Catholic but switched to Protestant around age 14 very good thread though enjoying it very much.
    Keep reading! Glad you're enjoying everything ^^ don't hesitate to jump in an debate whenever you want! This thread is dead hahahahahaha.

Blessings to you =)

I really wanna go to Lourdes! I think that'll be my pilgrimage in life. I hate flying, but we'll see ^^

For the moment, I just want to start by visiting a beautiful church even in the US or Canada lol.

rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000)

For the moment, I just want to start by visiting a beautiful church even in the US or Canada lol.
    I'm blessed to live in the NE PA area, and while there are many "70's style protestant like" churches around, there are also some of the most beautiful churches I've ever seen. I live a few miles form Bethlehem PA, , and some of the structures there are simply stunning. (Also home to a number of Moravian churches, college etc., which are quite beautiful as well).

It's kind of fun to visit the different parishes in the area, as we have a real spread of stuff. From very old, gothic style cathedrals, to the more modern stuff.

I also get to frequent the New England states for work. That's another area with a really diverse style of buildings.
    Steve

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Body like a stone, mind like a meatloaf.
    - Eric Cartman

Thank you for the positive message in post # 318.

Even though I am a Protestant, I can see many good points in your message in the post which is true.

I am not here to agrue about the deity of the Virgin Mary but I acknowledge that there are many good points he is making in post # 318.

Awesome Christmas Nativity Message.

Also, just started reading "Hail, Holy Queen" by Scott Hahn. Good stuff.

Yess!!

Also, just started reading "Hail, Holy Queen" by Scott Hahn. Good stuff.
    I own this book! I love it so much. I read it all in one day. I couldn't put it down. It was so good and made so much sense!!!! He's one of my favorite authors. I really want to read At the Lamb's High Feast ^^

heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm blessed to live in the NE PA area, and while there are many "70's style protestant like" churches around, there are also some of the most beautiful churches I've ever seen. I live a few miles form Bethlehem PA, , and some of the structures there are simply stunning. (Also home to a number of Moravian churches, college etc., which are quite beautiful as well).

It's kind of fun to visit the different parishes in the area, as we have a real spread of stuff. From very old, gothic style cathedrals, to the more modern stuff.

I also get to frequent the New England states for work. That's another area with a really diverse style of buildings.
    We have a handful in windsor some well over 100 years old and our university also sprang out of a basilican university.

Assumption

http://www.assumption.rcec.london.on.ca/photos.htm

Parish History

In order to situate properly in time and place the origin of Assumption Church it is necessary to go back to the foundation of Detroit. When Cadillac founded Detroit in 1701, for purposes of fur trade, he invited several Indian tribes to come and make their abodes near the French fort which was named Fort Ponchartrain du Dtroit. Among the Indian tribes which came to Detroit was a remnant of the Hurons and the Ouendots (Wyandottes) from Michilimackinac whose ancestors had been Christianised by the Jesuits in Huronia in the second quarter of the 17th century. For more than a quarter of a century after the Hurons' arrival at Detroit the only spiritual ministrations accorded them were supplied by the Recollect (Franciscan) chaplain of the fort at the Church of Ste. Anne. In time these children of the forests asked for a black robe, i.e. a Jesuit, to be their spiritual chief as had been their wont in Huronia and at Michilimackinac. As a result of this plea in the summer of 1728, Fr. Armand De La Richardie, S.J came from Quebec to establish a mission among them. It was given the imposing title of "The Mission of Our Lady of the Assumption among the Hurons of Detroit."

Fr. de La Richardie decided to change the location of the Huron village and mission. The site chosen was on the south shore at the bend of the river on the fields of the Hurons. There they would enjoy the protection of a fort at a place known as "La Pointe de Montral", where the Ambassador Bridge now crosses the river.

In 1765 the sixty some (French) families living on the south shore petitioned for a parish of their own. Instead of erecting a second religious centre in the same locality, it was decided that the Mission of the Assumption among the Hurons should become the Parish of Our Lady of the Assumption with the care of the souls of both the Hurons and the French settlers. A new church 60 x 30 ft. was built by the settlers to replace the 1749 chapel which was falling into ruins. This integrating development was canonically effected in 1767 when Fr. Potier, the Jesuit missionary of the Hurons, became the first pastor. Beginning October 3, 1767 he opened a new Register of Baptisms and Marriages in which he signed himself as "Jesuit missionary performing the pastoral duties in the Church of the Assumption at La Pointe de Montral du Dtroit." That makes Assumption the oldest continuous parish in the present province of Ontario.

St Ann

http://steannetecumseh.org/PhotoAlbum/Historical/
    Next stop 250 lbs both my weight and lost 😁

Highest Weight 500lbs +
    Lowest Weight since joining 264lbs

Current 264 lbs

Time to get to my original dream goal