Thread: Stupid problem

Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dad_in_KC is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Stupid problem

Due to circumstances beyond my control I am now only able to train on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I may be able to sneak cardio in some eveing other than that but my lifting days are only the 4 I mentioned. I have been loving the DC training I have been doing but do not see anyway that I can continue it with the new schedule limitations. I figured I could go back to a 4 day split, but wonder if lifting 4 days in a row with 3 days in a row off will be worth it... I gotta lift and figure out the best way to do it with the days available. Any ideas are appreciated...

Mike
    Squats make my arms bigger.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    If you can only train on those days, then train on those days. Who's to say whether or not it won't be optimal? Think about the positive-you've got 4 days to train, something many people can't manage, at all. Don't worry about what you can't do. Can't just left town.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    If you can only train on those days, then train on those days. Who's to say whether or not it won't be optimal? Think about the positive-you've got 4 days to train, something many people can't manage, at all. Don't worry about what you can't do. Can't just left town.
    ^This

+ Olympic lifting on every day you can train.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    x3

It's BETTER to exercise than not exercise at all. Your body will thank you for it.

The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just try it and see how your body reacts. No harm in trying is there? If that's all you have avail to lift, then lift on those days.

Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dad_in_KC View Post
    I figured I could go back to a 4 day split, but wonder if lifting 4 days in a row with 3 days in a row off will be worth it...
    Abso-friggin-lutely
    Obsession is a word used by the weak to describe the dedicated

DorteeClan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DorteeClan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DorteeClan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DorteeClan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DorteeClan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DorteeClan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DorteeClan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DorteeClan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DorteeClan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DorteeClan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DorteeClan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Due to circumstances beyond my control I am now only able to train on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I may be able to sneak cardio in some eveing other than that but my lifting days are only the 4 I mentioned. I have been loving the DC training I have been doing but do not see anyway that I can continue it with the new schedule limitations. I figured I could go back to a 4 day split, but wonder if lifting 4 days in a row with 3 days in a row off will be worth it... I gotta lift and figure out the best way to do it with the days available. Any ideas are appreciated...

Mike
    It's definitely worth it. You gotta keep up the training. As long as you are not overtraining your muscles, you should be good. Make sure your schedule allows for down-time to get healed up between workouts. Any days to work out are better than the alternative. Work with what you have and change your regimen around accordingly. Good luck!
    If you argue with a madman, it is extremely probable that you will get the worst of it; for in many ways his mind moves all the quicker for not being delayed by the things that go with good judgment. He is not hampered by a sense of humor or by charity, or by the dumb certainties of experience. He is the more logical for losing sane affections. The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason. -- G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    When life give ya lemons make lemonade.......... ya gotta do what ya gotta do........
    Was friends with Methuselah

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Mike

I am currently working a 3 on, 4 off schedule. Not optimal, but that's where life has me right now. You should still be able to continue using some of Dante's basic principles. Rest/pause, widow makers, the stretching etc...it's not the routine that makes the difference, it's what you put into every rep of every set that counts.

spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

When/How...

Split the drill in half... now split the half in half. Do the first half on the first two days and the last half the last two days... or, the first half one week and the second the next week (alternate).
    Tom W.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Fifty+ View Post
    .......it's not the routine that makes the difference, it's what you put into every rep of every set that counts.
    qft; a simple statement, but it carries the weight of the world, as far as bodybuilding training goes.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i assume you mean you cannot weight train on those 3 days? i've been playing around with a heavy/light split on chest....one day per week i do heavy db bench....and then one day a week, i do "light" at home, which is high volume perfect pushups.

what say you did that on one of the "off" days?

btw, i am very optimistic. i've been gaining lean muscle mass at an unprecedented rate for me. my db bench in the last 2.5 months has gone from using 55's to 95's. my perfect pushups has gone from struggling with 20, to 308 during the first quarter of the giants game on sunday.

just an idea.

Originally Posted by boathead View Post

btw, i am very optimistic.
    Which is a big part of the reason why you're making good progress; where the mind goes, the body follows.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I figured I could go back to a 4 day split, but wonder if lifting 4 days in a row with 3 days in a row off will be worth it...
    As opposed to what, giving up altogether?

Also for what its worth I now only train one day a week and would have more muscle mass (even after my not insignificant fat mass subtracted) and strength than most in my gym. At my peak I trained 2 days per week Mon and Thurs and could do 4 sets of 5+ reps with 315 lb on the bench among other things (briefly peaked at benching 3*365 lb). Had 19" arms at a fairly lean 210 lb (not my current 275 lb). All on 2 days per week.

The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by boathead View Post
    my perfect pushups has gone from struggling with 20, to 308 during the first quarter of the giants game on sunday.
    Holy mackrel!!! Was that all in one setting or over the course of the entire quarter???

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I see his problem being that he's doing DC training, which is very principled as far as days are concerned. But having said that, I only see you needing to carve out or trade off one more day! Either Wed or Mon. Could it be a night or morning session on Mon or Wed? Friday will finish my 5th week into DC training, and I'm really loving it. It might just be me, but it's just what I was looking for and I'd hate to quit it. You're going to have to sacrifice somewhere to get that one day you need to be able to do the cycle.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."