Thread: Caffeine!

fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Caffeine!

Hey guys. I usually drink coffee pre-workout to give me an extra kick but my stomach has been so irritated lately that I can't do it anymore.

Are there any pre-workout caffeine supplements out there that don't cause stomach upset? Or is it basically just the caffeine that is the issue?

TY.
    "The difference between want and need is self control."

"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want now."

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I used to be an ulcer patient and was told to give up coffee because it's so acidic. However, I'm now a Kona coffee farmer and drink my own coffee, and I no longer experience stomach problems because Konas are extremely low in acid, even recommended by gastroenterologists as being one of the rare, few stomach friendly coffees. But the coffee must be 100% Kona and NOT a blend, which is nothing more than a few Kona beans blended in with cheap, highly acidic South American coffees.

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?...&sc3=&id=40478
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

MauiJewell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MauiJewell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MauiJewell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MauiJewell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MauiJewell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MauiJewell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MauiJewell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MauiJewell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MauiJewell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I drink my kona coffee every morning before my workout! I put vanilla protein powder in mine as creamer, maybe you need something like that or milk or a small meal to balance the acidity. Has caffeine always bothered your stomach?

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I doubt it's the caffeine irritating your stomach. It's probably the other components of the coffee. Have you tried taking caffeine pills? They might not bother you, and are cheap.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

denee422 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) denee422 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) denee422 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) denee422 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) denee422 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) denee422 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) denee422 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) denee422 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) denee422 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) denee422 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) denee422 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just don't mix caffeine with dairy, that is a recipe for kidney stones.
    " I am a sacred vessel...and all you have in your stomach is Taco Bell"

HottaChicka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HottaChicka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HottaChicka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HottaChicka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HottaChicka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HottaChicka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HottaChicka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HottaChicka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HottaChicka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HottaChicka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HottaChicka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Guarana might be reasonable replacement for coffee, especially when you consider its protective effects on the stomach:

Phytother Res. 2003 Dec;17(10):1199-202.
    Guarana (Paullinia cupana Mart.) offers protection against gastric lesions induced by ethanol and indomethacin in rats.
    Campos AR, Barros AI, Santos FA, Rao VS.
    Departamento de Fisiologia e Farmacologia, Universidade Federal do Cear?, Fortaleza, CE, Brasil.

The effects of guarana (Paullinia cupana) extract were analyzed in rats on acute gastric lesions induced by ethanol and indomethacin and were compared to those produced by caffeine, a methylxanthine. Guarana (50 and 100 mg/kg p.o.) pretreated animals showed a significant reduction in the severity of gastric lesions induced by absolute ethanol in a manner similar to caffeine (20 and 30 mg/kg p.o.). Against indomethacin-induced gastric ulceration, guarana at a higher dose offered significant protection but caffeine was ineffective at the doses tested. In 4 h pylorus-ligated rats, both guarana and caffeine caused significant diminution in the gastric secretory volume as well as the total acidity. Gastrointestinal transit in mice was not significantly affected by either of these agents. [B]These findings indicate that guarana has a gastroprotective property that needs further elucidation as regards to its mechanism./B] Copyright 2003 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd

bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by denee422 View Post
    Just don't mix caffeine with dairy, that is a recipe for kidney stones.
    Can you please elaborate on that.
    "Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of." - Anonimus -
    "My mind is like a General. And my body's like an Army." - Herschel Walker -
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity...

Recovery is key. Massages, epsom salts baths, foam rolling, sleep masks, contrast showers, it all adds up. Get a foam roller, The Stick, a tennis/baseball, use them and stay healthy, pain and injury free.

fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fashionista87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mixing caffein with dairy = kidney stones? Uh oh.
    "The difference between want and need is self control."

"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want now."

nbrito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbrito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbrito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbrito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbrito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbrito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbrito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbrito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbrito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Redline

I'm horrible. I love Redline products. I know 1 can is 2 servings but I can drink the stuff like water. I only let myself have 1 bottle/can a day. I do the Extreme and the regular Berry flavored ones. They are expensive though. As for the claim of "feel the fat burn off"...yeah right! Mine is still hanging on to my waist. I do sweat like a beast when I drink it before a workout and it does give you that extra push. I'm looking for a cheaper energy rush vice. HTH.
    Naomi

futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

x2 about the pure kona coffee thats been mentioned here, however its can be a pain to find (at least for me being in the mid-west) sooooo if you cant find it folgers has a "breakfast" blend thats made to be easy on your tummy ;0) it says it right on the can, and so far it hasnt given me any problems
    tap out or pass out!

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by futuremd View Post
    x2 about the pure kona coffee thats been mentioned here, however its can be a pain to find (at least for me being in the mid-west) sooooo if you cant find it folgers has a "breakfast" blend thats made to be easy on your tummy ;0) it says it right on the can, and so far it hasnt given me any problems
    True, Kona coffee isn't readily available everywhere. However, you can find it online! I have a link to my handpicked 100% Kona of my Bodyspace page.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by futuremd View Post
    it says it right on the can
    And if it's printed on a can or on the internet, it must be true
    Squat heavy or go home

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/enigmapower

futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futuremd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by EnigmaPower View Post
    And if it's printed on a can or on the internet, it must be true
    yea.....right after i posted that i realized how friggin dumb that sounded.....but remember there are no lies on the internet ;0)
    tap out or pass out!