allnatural24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question The last few lbs of fat before comp

I'm having some trouble taking off the last few lbs of fat before competition......Right now I'm 2.5 weeks out 6'2" 191lbs at 3.5%
    30.0" waist (100% natural bodybuilder). Continuing to lose weight is easy but it seems like its mostly muscle coming off and not that last bit off of my abdominal (currently a 5mm fold) and "love handle" area
    Any ideas to bring that ab fold down to a 3mm or so without losing a ridiculous amount of muscle mass?

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    how/when are you doing your cardio?

Right now I'm doing 20-25 minutes of morning cardio with my HR at 150 bpm (I'm 23 yrs old) and afternoon cardio after lifting interval style for 20-25 min

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    is the interval... HIIT style cardio?

ManofSteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManofSteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManofSteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManofSteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManofSteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManofSteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManofSteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManofSteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManofSteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManofSteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManofSteel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What show are you doing?

Just a basic interval.. I'm not familiar with HIIT style cardio

I believe I'll being seeing you at the Presidential cup man of steel....but I'm in the novice division

I think you should give HIIT a try... high intensity cardio seems to be able to harden up the lower body alot better than lower intensity or moderate intensity cardio. Go to the nutrition section and read the sticky called "morning cardio" read the entire thing... it's very long but very much worth it... lots of good info and I give the routine i use in there.
    Peace

freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    5mm abdominal skin fold is pretty good, I had 6mm in this picture. I do know what you're saying though, even though I was down to 3.8%, I could have been harder. I didn't have striated glutes or really wicked striations in my quads. 3mm skinfold is low, even if you are dry as can be and your skin is paper-thin, no measurement will be able to go below 2mm, 2mm is just skin. Your body is becoming very resistant to further fat-loss, to not lose muscle you probably have to trick it by bumping the calories up for a day or two. If your intake of fat is too low, there's no way it will let go of fat at your low bf%, so you may want to add some flax oil to your diet. If you haven't been doing HIIT cardio, that will help since it will be a shock to your body. My advice is to trick your body into losing fat by changing everything up as much as you can. You may want to try something like a Lipoderm-Y as well, although you'll have to quit a week out so you don't have water retention.
    Attached Images

AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hollly **** your going to kick arse
    WHAT do you call a Bodybuilder with big balls ?

A Beginner

Thanks for the input. Yeah I may be a little hard on myself but I hate having any fat at all for a contest. When I dry up it will probably take care of the last bit there. I will try a few of your suggestions though. Probably would have helped if I didn;t balloon up to 232 in the off season haha.