rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Confused about fruit

I've heard so many things about fruit, I don't know what to believe anymore. I've heard that you should eat a lot of fruit throughout the day, and I've heard that you should only eat limited amounts of fruit. I've also heard that the only time you should eat fruit is post-workout. A few things I've gotta know:

1) Do most fruits contain fast-digesting or slow-digesting carbohydrates?

2) When is the best times to eat fruit?

and this one kinda ties into the last one, but

3) Do you want to eat fast-digesting or slow-digesting carbs immediately upon waking up in the morning?

Please help me! Thanks!

GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rjn001 View Post
    I've heard so many things about fruit, I don't know what to believe anymore. I've heard that you should eat a lot of fruit throughout the day, and I've heard that you should only eat limited amounts of fruit. I've also heard that the only time you should eat fruit is post-workout. A few things I've gotta know:

1) Do most fruits contain fast-digesting or slow-digesting carbohydrates?

2) When is the best times to eat fruit?

and this one kinda ties into the last one, but

3) Do you want to eat fast-digesting or slow-digesting carbs immediately upon waking up in the morning?

Please help me! Thanks!
    EAT FRUIT! whenever you want, however much you want! fruit gets such a bad rap on here and it's complete and utter BS.

1. mainly fast digesting (as well as lots of fiber)
    2. anytime!
    3. personally i always drink a glass of OJ upon waking, not sure if it's nutritionally required to have quick digesting carbs then, but i like to!

fruit is also packed with other phytochemicals, vitamins, and fiber. i say again EAT IT!
    "hey fukktard, this is a squat rack, not a dance floor, so get the fukk outta my way so i can squat!"

ain't found a way to kill me yet
    eyes burn with stinging sweat...
    ~alice in chains

owe reps to:
    abs_pls
    Dennis71

Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GeneralLee_1 View Post
    EAT FRUIT! whenever you want, however much you want! fruit gets such a bad rap on here and it's complete and utter BS.

2. anytime!
    3. personally i always drink a glass of OJ upon waking, not sure if it's nutritionally required to have quick digesting carbs then, but i like to!

fruit is also packed with other phytochemicals, vitamins, and fiber. i say again EAT IT!
    x2

On top of all the health benefits it can help curb sweet cravings.
    My powerlifting and death/thrash metal log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141720221&p=843503391&posted=1#post843503391

chocs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chocs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chocs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chocs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chocs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chocs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chocs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chocs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chocs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chocs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chocs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have heard grapes make you fat and I think bananas. A couple of apples are ok, any time I guess.

kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kstevo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The deal with fruit is the main type of carb that it contains is Fructose. Fructose is metabolised by the liver and (from what I've read) once Liver Glycogen is full it can only be transported to fat storage and also it transports it to unusual areas.

They do, on the postive side, contain lots of anti-oxidents and are very low in calories.

The choice on fruit is up to the consumer, at times after high exercise and glycogen depletion, IMO fruit should be eaten. But your choice, there is much contraditing evidence.

The fiber in fruit will slow it's digestion. Bananas are very quickly digested though. I'm sure there is a chart around somehwre...
    http://bbaus.pbwiki.com/
    Bodybuilding Australia / FrontPage

Your donation could free those that suffer from diabetes. Help make this a better world for all.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108517271

Owe Reps to:
    UNCfan1
    aussie86 (until he's all the way back in the green :))

RePz 4 LyFe:
    tyler-durden
    Glowstix

Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GeneralLee_1 View Post

2. anytime!

I agree totally.

GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kstevo View Post
    The deal with fruit is the main type of carb that it contains is Fructose. Fructose is metabolised by the liver and (from what I've read) once Liver Glycogen is full it can only be transported to fat storage and also it transports it to unusual areas.
    this is true, however...

in the liver, fructose is converted to glucose. glucose is then transported to the cells to carry out whatever it is they need glucose for. now, when there is an excess of glucose in the body, the body will use that glucose over the already stored fat for energy. this being said, even more excess of glucose will be stored as fat.

NOW

this is basically for a sedentary state. if you are very active, your body will need a constant supply of glucose to keep building tissue, feeding the body, etc.

so eat your fruit, just don't OVEReat it and not lift.

quoted from my nutrition book for school "you better play the game if you are going to eat the food"
    "hey fukktard, this is a squat rack, not a dance floor, so get the fukk outta my way so i can squat!"

ain't found a way to kill me yet
    eyes burn with stinging sweat...
    ~alice in chains

owe reps to:
    abs_pls
    Dennis71

rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rjn001 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This is all good stuff. I knew that fruit wouldn't be recommended to you if it would make you fat. My next question is this: I've heard that watermelon and cantaloupe are the best fruits for you to eat post-workout, is there a particular reason for this? Are they more quickly digested than other fruits?

RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat Your Fruit.

Nut & exer made a science Ultimate Genetics's Avatar
    Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've lost over 100 pounds eating 75% of my carbs from fruit. It was the sole thing that kept me sane without binging on candy and sweets. Not only is it great nutritionally, but it also curbs your sweet tooth when cutting. Suprisingly, it's actually fairly low on the GI. Most fruit rank between 50-60 on the list. So eat up!

Originally Posted by rjn001 View Post
    This is all good stuff. I knew that fruit wouldn't be recommended to you if it would make you fat. My next question is this: I've heard that watermelon and cantaloupe are the best fruits for you to eat post-workout, is there a particular reason for this? Are they more quickly digested than other fruits?
    Not sure about cantaloupe but watermelon is very high on the GI compared to most fruit. I think its between 70-90 on the list, so its a great carb post workout.
    S.T.E.M.

~Does not neg for opposing views~