jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

When to take my Post-workout meal?

I take a slice of white bread with a lil honey on top post-workout.(The honey is mainly to help with the insulin). Anyways, I am currently taking the bread with my post-workout shake which consist of whey, creatine, oats and sugar. Is what I am doing now fine? Thanks !

The question here would be, when is it the best time to take my post workout meal?
    JC Fitness: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCewkynsCiJ-lJJqBDdYAzjw/videos

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jerkamania View Post
    I take a slice of white bread with a lil honey on top post-workout.(The honey is mainly to help with the insulin). Anyways, I am currently taking the bread with my post-workout shake which consist of whey, creatine, oats and sugar. Is what I am doing now fine? Thanks !

The question here would be, when is it the best time to take my post workout meal?
    Leaving the sugar subject aside, after exercise at your earliest convenience would be when you would "take" your post-exercise shakie. Or are you referring to your next meal after your post-exercise shakie? If this is the case, an hour or two - give or take - is fine. No need to micromanage. I eat again 2 hours later since I don't feel like being a conveyor belt and I can eat more without feeling overly full.
    Last edited by in10city; 08-26-2008 at 06:21 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GeneralLee_1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    personally, i'd wait like 30 minutes. but that's cuz i have my immediate post workout meal, then get hungry about that time.

nutritionally speaking, it will be just fine to keep doing what you're doing if you want.

i have no sources for this, but i have heard you want to spread out your creatine and protein for about 15 min. creatine first, then protein. so you might wanna look into that.
    "hey fukktard, this is a squat rack, not a dance floor, so get the fukk outta my way so i can squat!"

ain't found a way to kill me yet
    eyes burn with stinging sweat...
    ~alice in chains

owe reps to:
    abs_pls
    Dennis71

TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have always heard to take your PWO meal (not shake) about one hour after your workout. Take your PWO shake immediately after working out.
    Last edited by TulsaCoker; 08-26-2008 at 07:05 AM.

FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've always heard after your workout is a great time to get your post-workout meal in!

jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jerkamania is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

Lots of different opinions here..lol. Well, thanks alot guys for the replies anyways!
    JC Fitness: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCewkynsCiJ-lJJqBDdYAzjw/videos

Nut & exer made a science Ultimate Genetics's Avatar
    Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ultimate Genetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just so you know, honey ranks about the same level as fruit on the glycemic index. It's pretty moderate.. so if you are looking for an insulin boost I would go with straight dextrose, maltodextrin, sucrose or a higher GI fruit like watermelon.
    S.T.E.M.

~Does not neg for opposing views~

maxxpain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxpain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxpain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxpain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxpain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxpain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxpain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxpain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ya

I try to take in at least 50 grams protein within 1 hour of working out

juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jerkamania View Post

Take your PWO ASAP when given a chance. No, I don't mean drop the DBs or BBS after your last set, rush to the locker room and down your shake. Try to have your PWO within 30 minutes after your workout.

I'd also drop the Sugar if I were you, althought it may be good for insulin boost, I don't see it as a "Necessary" food for PWO.
    You may also put on un-wanted fat with sugar.
    American Council on Exercise - Certified Personal Trainer

Smolov Journey COMPLETE!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120831441
    2458, 3423, 4891

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by juiyuanwu View Post
    Take your PWO ASAP when given a chance. No, I don't mean drop the DBs or BBS after your last set, rush to the locker room and down your shake. Try to have your PWO within 30 minutes after your workout.

I'd also drop the Sugar if I were you, althought it may be good for insulin boost, I don't see it as a "Necessary" food for PWO.
    You may also put on un-wanted fat with sugar.
    Personally, I find Alan's suggestion to be on the money (j/k)

4) Right before your last set, pull out the waxy maize + BCAA, pre-mixed in a shaker bottle, position it right next to you so you can access it right after you hit failure plus 3 forced reps from your training partner.
    5) This is the money shot here. Soon as you can't get that last rep, have your training partner HAND YOU THE FOCKING SHAKER BOTTLE. That's the key.
    6) Then it's time do slam the BCAA + WMS, then notice how much more jacked you are than anyone in the gym.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50) juiyuanwu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Personally, I find Alan's suggestion to be on the money (j/k)
    LOL NICE, REPPED(although it's nothing =/)
    American Council on Exercise - Certified Personal Trainer

Smolov Journey COMPLETE!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120831441
    2458, 3423, 4891