Closed Thread
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jennyg View Post

Damn I am always late!!
    lol..
    Well I mean its all been said. But I just want to say that knowing what is right for you is the most important thing! I have tossed around competing too, but i realized I just like the looks the competitors, I dont want to actually go on a stage and be judged! So I totally get it.

So enjoy some more oatmeal Your new plan sounds great and very doable
    And I am later than Jen!

Oh Ms. T, I am so proud of you for making this decision

LOL I've typed and deleted a whole load of stuff here - and I really can't add anything to what has been said.

*BIG HUGE SQUISHY HUGS*
    when ego is lost, limit is lost

LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO

dukefanregard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dukefanregard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dukefanregard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dukefanregard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dukefanregard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dukefanregard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dukefanregard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dukefanregard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dukefanregard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dukefanregard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your workout looked good.

I know what you mean about your stomach during stressful times. I get the same thing and I get breakouts, I feel like I'm going through puberty again haha!

That's funny about drew thinking that he's an expert griller. Have fun this weekend though regardless of what you do!

push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey - Sorry I havent visited in a few days. I think that it is great that you've decided what you really want and that you can find something that works for you. No matter what you are going to look awsome (cuz you already do girl ). Hope your stomache feels better soon.
    Control it or it will control you

moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your tummy ... as you well know, I can totally relate to that. I think that it is good that you are going to see a doctor to check it out It may just be your body coming down from the school year, the stress of deciding not to do the show [good choice in my opinion] and a combination of the muggy hot weather that have set things into motion. I know that I am affected by changes in temperatures sometimes.

Hope you have a great day ... and TOTALLY relax if you can And no more bad movies!! lol The fact that Katie Holmes is in that one would have turned me off!! lol
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing well!

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by girl22 View Post
    Hi there! Looking good! Glad you are finding a hppy medium! Only you know what works best for you!!! Keep it up!
    Thanks...

Originally Posted by Lckymii View Post
    Wow so much has been going on in here!
    Competing or not you're going to be one hot mama Sorry about your tummy Could it be stress/emotions playing with you? Sometimes that happens to me, and in the exact same way. Eat then it's all gone
    Any how I hope it gets figured out so you won't worry too much.
    Not sure..feeling better so far today!

Originally Posted by AgeRage View Post
    So maybe you should change your journal title
    All is well with your soul.....
    Yeah...I know..I'm bad w/ titles! lol

Originally Posted by jennyg View Post
    Damn I am always late!!
    lol..
    Well I mean its all been said. But I just want to say that knowing what is right for you is the most important thing! I have tossed around competing too, but i realized I just like the looks the competitors, I dont want to actually go on a stage and be judged! So I totally get it.

So enjoy some more oatmeal Your new plan sounds great and very doable
    Yeah..I get too carbophobic sometimes..lol

Originally Posted by kledbetter View Post
    ok so this happens to me when i'm stressed out... like during exams in law school , i'd be like this for 2 weeks straight.

anyways... seems like you are doing well. have a great weekend
    thanks Katie!

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    You know that everyone here will support you no matter what your decision is. This is a very selfish sport and I can't tell you how many things I've given up over the years to get on stage. But this is my passion and it's the choice I've made. My family and friends have been so supportive and understanding...without that I've wouldn't never gone this far.

It's very hard and you need stay focused and dedicated till the end. When it becomes nothing but work and it's no longer fun, then I agree you need to stop now. This doesn't mean you will never get on stage...maybe it just isn't the right time...and there's nothing wrong with that
    Enjoy your weekend hun!!
    Yeah...I think I AM dedicated and focused enough. I just don't want to be on a bikini on a stage! I just want to LOOK like I could be! lol

Originally Posted by kitebean View Post
    And I am later than Jen!
    Oh Ms. T, I am so proud of you for making this decision
    LOL I've typed and deleted a whole load of stuff here - and I really can't add anything to what has been said.

*BIG HUGE SQUISHY HUGS*
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by dukefanregard View Post
    Your workout looked good.

I know what you mean about your stomach during stressful times. I get the same thing and I get breakouts, I feel like I'm going through puberty again haha!

That's funny about drew thinking that he's an expert griller. Have fun this weekend though regardless of what you do!
    Thanks..rainy here!

Originally Posted by push_it View Post
    Hey - Sorry I havent visited in a few days. I think that it is great that you've decided what you really want and that you can find something that works for you. No matter what you are going to look awsome (cuz you already do girl ). Hope your stomache feels better soon.
    Thank you!

Originally Posted by moisy View Post
    Sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your tummy ... as you well know, I can totally relate to that. I think that it is good that you are going to see a doctor to check it out It may just be your body coming down from the school year, the stress of deciding not to do the show [good choice in my opinion] and a combination of the muggy hot weather that have set things into motion. I know that I am affected by changes in temperatures sometimes.

Hope you have a great day ... and TOTALLY relax if you can And no more bad movies!! lol The fact that Katie Holmes is in that one would have turned me off!! lol
    Saw a good one last night..The Bucket List..not bad!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    WEIGHT: 138.2#...down .6 from last week and 1.8 from 2 weeks ago.

My stomach is feeling a bit better so far this morning. I need to clean up around here, then we're off to the graduation party. I hope you all have a great weekend!!

FOOD PLAN:

1: 4 egg whites, 1 TBSP PB, whey shake w/ frozen blueberries

2: chicken, romaine, broccoli, tahini

3: whey muffin w/ flaxseed

4: chicken, veggies, evoo

5: 5 egg whites, 1/2 scoop whey, almond flour

1480 cals
    55 fat
    60carbs
    185 protein

We'll see how it goes..I might have to change a few things b/c of timing and the grad party, but I don't plan on eating there. I might be forced too though, if we're there too long!!
    Last edited by twinnett; 06-14-2008 at 10:06 AM.
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"No, your face does."

Aww...they closed my old journal b/c it was too big

"No, your face does."

Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    Aww...they closed my old journal b/c it was too big
    If this one no longer feels right to you, you can always open a new one under the old title or under a completely new name. I have no doubt that one day you are going to get up on stage, just not in October...
    Do you think that maybe next time you pick a date, you can give yourself a more gradual adjustment into prep? You know, take a week off of lifting before starting for sure, but gradually change your diet rather than switch to something so completely new? You might find more success that way and not so overwhelmed/stressed? I remember still having cheat meals in the beginning of prep and gradually changing out foods. It wasn't such a struggle that way - I wasn't feeling deprived until the final weeks - and I could tell myself at that point that it was only going to be a few more weeks... Just a thought.
    I think during times of stress, we all react a little differently. With all of the change - both with summer starting/change in your daily routine and the anticipation of your job change in the fall - now is not the time to change your diet and workouts dramatically. Why add more stress to an already stressful time? I can see how you would be on overload. Maybe this winter, after you have settled into your new schedule, would be a good time to consider contest prep again...
    Until then... lift hard and heavy, eat reasonably, enjoy family and friends, and laugh loudly and often!!
    Net

LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow, drew ate ezekial bread? i am shocked!

have you ever, by the way, read the rest of the ezekial passage about the bread?

"Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself. You are to eat it during the 390 days you lie on your side. 10 Weigh out twenty shekels [b] of food to eat each day and eat it at set times. 11 Also measure out a sixth of a hin [c] of water and drink it at set times. 12 Eat the food as you would a barley cake; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement for fuel." 13 The LORD said, "In this way the people of Israel will eat defiled food among the nations where I will drive them."

I really hope taht the makers of Ezekial bread use a different type of "fuel" than the Bible recommends!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109800291

Yammin' it up with the Falcon--- my new journal as I seek to get back in shape and tackle some ultra runs and some forestry.

The world is older and bigger than we are. This is a hard truth for some folks to swallow- Edward Abbey.

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi sweetie!!!

I hope you have an amazing time at the graduation party today!!

So - do you feel like a ton of bricks have been lifted off of you without the added pressure? I'm curious if the lifting ever became not as much fun bc of the pressure? I love seeing you happy and care-free...thats what life is about!

Are you getting excited about Chicago or dreading it??
    *Mandy*

How bout them Cowboys?? :D

If you wanna get big - you gotta get nasty!

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

melinda11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melinda11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melinda11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melinda11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melinda11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melinda11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melinda11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey! Great workout and meal plan for today! Enjoy the graduation and hopefully you get to follow your food without the graduation taking too long!
    Have a great weekend

Originally Posted by Net1 View Post
    If this one no longer feels right to you, you can always open a new one under the old title or under a completely new name. I have no doubt that one day you are going to get up on stage, just not in October...
    Do you think that maybe next time you pick a date, you can give yourself a more gradual adjustment into prep? You know, take a week off of lifting before starting for sure, but gradually change your diet rather than switch to something so completely new? You might find more success that way and not so overwhelmed/stressed? I remember still having cheat meals in the beginning of prep and gradually changing out foods. It wasn't such a struggle that way - I wasn't feeling deprived until the final weeks - and I could tell myself at that point that it was only going to be a few more weeks... Just a thought.
    I think during times of stress, we all react a little differently. With all of the change - both with summer starting/change in your daily routine and the anticipation of your job change in the fall - now is not the time to change your diet and workouts dramatically. Why add more stress to an already stressful time? I can see how you would be on overload. Maybe this winter, after you have settled into your new schedule, would be a good time to consider contest prep again...
    Until then... lift hard and heavy, eat reasonably, enjoy family and friends, and laugh loudly and often!!
    Net
    Thank you...I just don't know if competing is right for me you know? I want to LOOK that way and I want to be super dedicated and disciplined, but I just don't know if I need to step on to the stage..I hope that you all don't think that I think I couldn't "cut it" or just want to sit around and be lazy and eat crap..lol..that isn't it.. I just love to lift and I love healthy food and I want to look hot!

Originally Posted by LionChick View Post
    wow, drew ate ezekial bread? i am shocked!

have you ever, by the way, read the rest of the ezekial passage about the bread?

"Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself. You are to eat it during the 390 days you lie on your side. 10 Weigh out twenty shekels [b] of food to eat each day and eat it at set times. 11 Also measure out a sixth of a hin [c] of water and drink it at set times. 12 Eat the food as you would a barley cake; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement for fuel." 13 The LORD said, "In this way the people of Israel will eat defiled food among the nations where I will drive them."

I really hope taht the makers of Ezekial bread use a different type of "fuel" than the Bible recommends!
    hee hee...me too!

Originally Posted by amj0883 View Post
    Hi sweetie!!!

I hope you have an amazing time at the graduation party today!!

So - do you feel like a ton of bricks have been lifted off of you without the added pressure? I'm curious if the lifting ever became not as much fun bc of the pressure? I love seeing you happy and care-free...thats what life is about!

Are you getting excited about Chicago or dreading it??
    Not really...I kind of like having a goal you know? I'm looking forward to it, but I'm nervous at the same time. I like being at home!

Originally Posted by melinda11 View Post
    Hey! Great workout and meal plan for today! Enjoy the graduation and hopefully you get to follow your food without the graduation taking too long!
    Have a great weekend
    I won't enjoy the party...no fun!!! lol

"No, your face does."

push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm glad to hear that your tummy is feeling better
    Congrats on the weight loss... again! You are doing awsome!!
    Have a super weekend

buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buttercup963 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Tara, soo behind but I have been reading and keepin up to date, sorry to hear bout your tummy, exactly what everyone else has said, as soon as I am stressed or nervous it seems to affect my bowels! Glad your feeling better now, has it improved?
    Hope you have a great weekend

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi Tara,
    BBBOOOO
    They closed your old journal. How big was it anyway...
    Congrats on the weightloss..and i'm glad your tummy is feeling better
    You have a nice weekend
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000) Lckymii is just really nice. (+1000)
    It was a huuuuge journal, so much in there, bummer

SATURDAY

Good evening everyone! I've been tired and lazy today!!! I made pancakes for Drew this morning, then we sat and watched this weird Stephen King movie called "The Mist" all morning. We headed out to the graduation party, which was an 1.5 drive...then we only stayed for 30 min. b/c his parents (who we drove with) had to get back for church.

Tomorrow, we're going over to my parents' and we're going to grill out for my dad. I made up some some pepperoni bread and got meat and I"m going to make baked beans. I also made two semi healthy desserts...they have fruit in them! lol....an apple walnut bundt cake that my mom requested and a healthy one for dad...a trifle made w/ angel food cake, fat free cheesecake pudding mixed w/ fat free cool whip and topped off w/ strawberries..you layer it all in a bowl.

Phil is going to join my gym for the summer...he can't stand the Y either..lol

Ok...so I still want to compete I just have this drive and urge to do it, even if it's just once. I know that this fall is NOT the right time though. We have football games every Friday and band shows almost every Saturday. I think I really want to do the Natural Northern in April though. That's a good time. Before all the spring concerts and after marching band season and everything. I just really want to do it!!!!!!! So the plan is to cut this summer, add a little mass over the winter, then cut again! lol...yes..I know..I'm crazy!!!

SLEEP: 7hrs

WATER: 3 or 4 L...not sure

ACTIVITY: nothing...other than walking around the grocery store..lol

NUTRITION:

1: 4 egg whites, 1 TBSP PB, 100 g. blueberries, 30 g. whey

2: 4 oz chicken, 12 g. tahini, lettuce, broccoli

3: 30 g. whey, 2 TBSP flaxseeds (cooked up like a little cake), lettuce (salad at the party..no tomatoes though w/ the scare going on!)

4: 30 g. whey, 15 almonds, 125 g. frozen spinach

5: 6 egg whites, 1/4 c. ff greek yogurt cooked and topped w/ a little whey/ PB sludge

57 fat
    76 carbs
    180 protein

"No, your face does."

pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pga617 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow, so much going on in here! Congrats on your choice to compete. I think you'll feel better, even if you just do it once I highly doubt you'll regret it, but if you never do it, you may some day regret it.

Have fun grilling with your family tomorrow.
    ***Taste is temporary....your body is forever***

Hey - that cake that you are going to make sounds so yummy
    I'm glad that you have figured out what you want to do and have a timeline in mind. Good luck with the new plan of action

Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Net1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    a healthy one for dad...a trifle made w/ angel food cake, fat free cheesecake pudding mixed w/ fat free cool whip and topped off w/ strawberries..you layer it all in a bowl.

Ok...so I still want to compete I just have this drive and urge to do it, even if it's just once. I know that this fall is NOT the right time though. We have football games every Friday and band shows almost every Saturday. I think I really want to do the Natural Northern in April though. That's a good time. Before all the spring concerts and after marching band season and everything. I just really want to do it!!!!!!! So the plan is to cut this summer, add a little mass over the winter, then cut again! lol...yes..I know..I'm crazy!!! [/color][color=dodgerblue]

I am going to high-jack that recipe for my Father's Day thing today! Can always visit your journal for good food ideas!

By doing a cut this summer, you can get a feel for what works, and what is an utter waste of time for when you begin preparing for a spring show. I'll be there with you - although the 2008 schedules aren't out yet, April will be when my show next year is too...

I second Kim when she said this is a truly selfish sport, and not for everyone. I workout in the morning before my family rolls out of bed so that I don't lose time with them in the off-season, but during contest prep I had to give up time in the afternoon for the additional cardio and additional meal planning/prep... Like Kim, I found it to be worth it. I won't be doing more than one show a year (maybe two, and only if they are close together). I will never be one of these competitors that does show after show from the spring to the fall. It would just take too much time away from the other things I do and enjoy. You will find that same balance. You are too smart and too in tune with your feelings to let this stuff consume you.

Have a great day!
    Net

irishgirlma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishgirlma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishgirlma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishgirlma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishgirlma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishgirlma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishgirlma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishgirlma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishgirlma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishgirlma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishgirlma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    checking in on you- how are you feeling?

I love my daddy!!! I'm waiting for Drew to get ready to go to church. I hope you all have a great day. It looks beautiful outside!!! I'm in a good mood...really happy and content w/ my decision to compete in the spring. I was anxious about doing everything this summer and fall and afraid that I'd end up failing at my job AND the competition! lol....this way, I get to concentrate on the job and then give my ALL to contest prep!

Here are the two desserts...the apple cake looks absolutely awesome!!! It's from Dorie Greenspan's book. She's a genious!!

"No, your face does."

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    Well, I've been doing some thinking. I'm not sure that I really want to compete. I know this will surprise some of you and not really shock some of you. I think that what I really want is to LOOK like I could compete you know?

I feel like all of this is starting to be pressure on me, rather than fun. I'm tired and weak and not recovering well from workouts. I still want to cut and look awesome, but I don't really want to get on stage in heels and spend tons of money. I feel like I'm letting my job and my family and my relationship w/ God suffer b/c of this. I hate thinkin that I can't even have an apple until October you know?

I want this to be FUN! I want to be fit and healthy and happy b/c it's what I want and what makes me happy, rather than the pressure of some judge telling me what's wrong with me. Maybe in the future, I will see it differently, but for now, I think it's mentally healthier for me to cut for ME, not for a competition...just typin this is a huge weight off my shoulders!.I do sort of feel like a failure though
    Tara, you are very smart in making this decision. There is nothing that says you HAVE to compete or prove anything to anyone else but yourself. It is perfectly fine to just concentrate on making incremental improvements over time and making an already superb physique look even better, without the pressures of a real "contest prep" and the negative affects it can have on other parts of your life. You are NOT a failure, but a WINNER!

This self same subject I've been thinking about myself lately, not for myself, but some people I know personally and others on the board here. There seems to be so much pressure to "get on stage", especially among females who are new to training. Why are they spending all this money for trainers, supplements, posing suits, travel, etc. etc. and enduring all of the pressures of excessive cardio and " I can' have an apple until October " diets for a trophy?

Keep it fun, learn your body, experiment with different programs and THEN in a few years the circumstances are right and you have that burning desire, then take the plunge. And if you don't, don't.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I hope you had a great day with your family!! Your dad is so lucky to have a daughter like you

Those desserts look amazing!!

You know you'll have all the support in the world from me for when/if you decide to compete!! I might even have to make a trip to see you compete

As long as you feel strong and happy about your decision...it sounds like a good one to me!!
    *Mandy*

How bout them Cowboys?? :D

If you wanna get big - you gotta get nasty!

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am so behind - again! lol

You food you made looks great - especially the strawberry one

I agree with your mindset of wanting to look like one could compete - without always competing. I respect you for wanting to try a competition at least once, but on your terms and when you are ready Bills, new jobs, etc. are all very stressful and hard to balance all at one - then throw in regular life stuff and working out, and it does have a negative impact on some parts of our lives (at least that is how it has felt for me ) I wish you the best of luck and look forward to reading the journey

Barbalicious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barbalicious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barbalicious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barbalicious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barbalicious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barbalicious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barbalicious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barbalicious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barbalicious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barbalicious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barbalicious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm behind as well - this journal moves so fast! Tara, I think the most important thing is that whatever you do decide to do, you are happy with the decision.

Either way, I think you will do great You train so well

Good luck!!

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey Tara, I was doing some reading, and came across this article by Lyle McDonald (the father of fat loss/muscle gain nutrition).

It talks about kidneys (mal)function and high protein intake (and how this is just a 'myth' )

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/Art...onald-pro.html
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post
    Hey Tara, I was doing some reading, and came across this article by Lyle McDonald (the father of fat loss/muscle gain nutrition).

It talks about kidneys (mal)function and high protein intake (and how this is just a 'myth'

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/Art...onald-pro.html
    I actually just read that the other day..lol

Originally Posted by Barbalicious View Post
    I'm behind as well - this journal moves so fast! Tara, I think the most important thing is that whatever you do decide to do, you are happy with the decision.

Either way, I think you will do great
    Good luck!!
    Thanks! I'll do my best!

Originally Posted by AbramsAM View Post
    I am so behind - again! lol

You food you made looks great - especially the strawberry one
    I agree with your mindset of wanting to look like one could compete - without always competing. I respect you for wanting to try a competition at least once, but on your terms and when you are ready Bills, new jobs, etc. are all very stressful and hard to balance all at one - then throw in regular life stuff and working out, and it does have a negative impact on some parts of our lives (at least that is how it has felt for me I wish you the best of luck and look forward to reading the journey
    Thanks Angela! You're always a great support!

Originally Posted by amj0883 View Post
    I hope you had a great day with your family!! Your dad is so lucky to have a daughter like you
    Those desserts look amazing!!

You know you'll have all the support in the world from me for when/if you decide to compete!! I might even have to make a trip to see you compete
    As long as you feel strong and happy about your decision...it sounds like a good one to me!!
    Thanks Mandy! I'm lucky to have a dad like him!!! He's the best!!!

Originally Posted by egoatdoor View Post
    Tara, you are very smart in making this decision. There is nothing that says you HAVE to compete or prove anything to anyone else but yourself. It is perfectly fine to just concentrate on making incremental improvements over time and making an already superb physique look even better, without the pressures of a real "contest prep" and the negative affects it can have on other parts of your life. You are NOT a failure, but a WINNER!

This self same subject I've been thinking about myself lately, not for myself, but some people I know personally and others on the board here. There seems to be so much pressure to "get on stage", especially among females who are new to training. Why are they spending all this money for trainers, supplements, posing suits, travel, etc. etc. and enduring all of the pressures of excessive cardio and " I can' have an apple until October " diets for a trophy?

Keep it fun, learn your body, experiment with different programs and THEN in a few years the circumstances are right and you have that burning desire, then take the plunge. And if you don't, don't.
    thanks...you're right..if it's right for me later, then it is...if not, it's still fun!

Originally Posted by irishgirlma View Post
    checking in on you- how are you feeling?
    Thanks! I'm doing well!

Originally Posted by Net1 View Post
    I am going to high-jack that recipe for my Father's Day thing today! Can always visit your journal for good food ideas!

By doing a cut this summer, you can get a feel for what works, and what is an utter waste of time for when you begin preparing for a spring show. I'll be there with you - although the 2008 schedules aren't out yet, April will be when my show next year is too...

I second Kim when she said this is a truly selfish sport, and not for everyone. I workout in the morning before my family rolls out of bed so that I don't lose time with them in the off-season, but during contest prep I had to give up time in the afternoon for the additional cardio and additional meal planning/prep... Like Kim, I found it to be worth it. I won't be doing more than one show a year (maybe two, and only if they are close together). I will never be one of these competitors that does show after show from the spring to the fall. It would just take too much time away from the other things I do and enjoy. You will find that same balance. You are too smart and too in tune with your feelings to let this stuff consume you.

Have a great day!
    Net
    Thanks! Great advice!

Originally Posted by push_it View Post
    Hey - that cake that you are going to make sounds so yummy I'm glad that you have figured out what you want to do and have a timeline in mind. Good luck with the new plan of action
    Thanks! I'm trying!I keep second guessing myself!

Originally Posted by pga617 View Post
    Wow, so much going on in here! Congrats on your choice to compete. I think you'll feel better, even if you just do it once I highly doubt you'll regret it, but if you never do it, you may some day regret it.

Have fun grilling with your family tomorrow.
    I know..I don't want to have regrets!

"No, your face does."

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good Morning Tara,
    Your dad is very lucky to have a daughter as sweet as you
    Ok..the food in here looks great...as usual
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Good morning everyone! I had a nice Father's Day, for the most part! We went over and grilled out and hung out for awhile.

Phil and I went to see "The Happening" last night. Wasn't too thrilled with it. It was more of an environmental lecture than a scary movie..Mark Wahlberg is hot though...

I wasn't too happy with my nutrition yesterday. I had a bite of the apple cake w/ a little cool whip and a bite of baked beans. Last night, I had some oat/banana cookies (no fat) w/ some whey/PB sludge on them and then had a ton of almonds after the movie...I just need to get with this cutting thing. I keep sabatoging my efforts by going crazy and binging like every 3 or 4 days.

So no more! I need some goals! Tired of making progress and then shooting myself in the foot with a binge!

PLAN FOR MONDAY

SLEEP: 8 hrs

WATER: I will get at least 4 L

ACTIVITY: Leg workout and 30 min. walking w/ Bailey

NUTRITION:

1: 1/2 c. oats w/ 1 TBSP PB, 40 g. Elite whey, 100 g. frozen blueberries

2: 4 oz chicken, 20 g almond butter, 1 c. broccoli

3: 4 oz tuna, 20 almonds, 2 c. lettuce

4: 4 oz chicken, 2 tsp evoo, 1 c. asparagus

5: 8 egg whites, 20 g. almond butter

I take 6 fish oils a day also

1616 cals
    63 fat
    83 carbs
    187 protein

Tomorrow is our 2 yr anniversary. No big plans for it. Today, I need to get some cleaning done. Tomorrow, I'm going back to the endocrinoligist to get my test results back and I'm getting a bone density scan. I'm a little nervous about that. Osteoporosis runs in my family and I did damage with my ED and not getting my cycle, etc.

I'm thinking of taking this week off of my Xpand...I haven't taken a creatine break in a long time. I'm kind of nervous of working out without it! lol
    Last edited by twinnett; 06-16-2008 at 06:59 AM.

"No, your face does."