Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A good breakfast meal

I'm starting Ripptoe and I'm making out a food plan. The problem is I don't know what I should eat for breakfast, I hear that should be the biggest meal of the day? Maybe that's wrong but that's not the problem, I wake up at 8:00 AM and Work out at 9:30.

What would be a good meal to start the day with?
    PS, I don't "drink" milk, only in cereal.
    --------------------------------------------
    New Beginning

Age = 21
    Height - 5'10 - 5'11
    Weight - 150-155lbs. Goal = 180-190lbs
    ---------------------------------------------

specialforces has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialforces has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    right when you wake up
    1 scoop whey
    1 banana

Breakfest
    2 cups oatmeal
    1/4 cup raisins
    3 eggs
    3 eggwhites

And you are right the biggest meal should be breakfeast

SetauketYankee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SetauketYankee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SetauketYankee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SetauketYankee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SetauketYankee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SetauketYankee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SetauketYankee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SetauketYankee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SetauketYankee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SetauketYankee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SetauketYankee has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by specialforces View Post
    right when you wake up
    1 scoop whey - 140 Cals
    1 banana - 120 Cals

Breakfest
    2 cups oatmeal - 600 Cals
    1/4 cup raisins - 100 Cals?
    3 eggs - 210 Cals
    3 eggwhites - 90 Cals

And you are right the biggest meal should be breakfeast
    I don't think u have a clue what ur talking about....

1200 Cals ? good luck with that...

plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50) plateau_max will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah I'd like to see how far you'd get in your workout with 1,200 kcals of food in your gut.... wow

The best carb sources in the morning (there are more but here are a few)
    Apples, Bananas, Grapes, Oranges (or variant), Berries, Oats, Brown Rice, Whole Wheat Pasta...

When leading an active lifestyle carbs are key in the morning, so this should be your biggest CARB meal of the day, not your biggest SIZED meal of the day. Try to keep healthy carbs high, protein moderate, and fat very low.

Here's a great recipe:
    2c raw oats
    1TBsp raisens
    1TBsp Craisens
    1TBsp Golden raisens
    1 stick of cinnamon

Cook the oats with water (not milk), mix in the tablespoons of different raisens, and stir with the cinnamon stick the whole time. Tastes great, and it's an amazing first meal of the day for macros.

If you feel you need more protein you can stir in some egg whites.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141149431&p=809424601#post8094246011 - If you think sleep is important

NASM CPT (July 2006)
    NCSA CPT (December 2006)
    BS - Human Biology and Nutrition (May 2011)
    MS - Physiology (May 2013)
    CSCS (July 2013)
    PhD - Physiology (June 2015)

buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by plateau_max View Post
    Yeah I'd like to see how far you'd get in your workout with 1,200 kcals of food in your gut.... wow

The best carb sources in the morning (there are more but here are a few)
    Apples, Bananas, Grapes, Oranges (or variant), Berries, Oats, Brown Rice, Whole Wheat Pasta...

When leading an active lifestyle carbs are key in the morning, so this should be your biggest CARB meal of the day, not your biggest SIZED meal of the day. Try to keep healthy carbs high, protein moderate, and fat very low.

Here's a great recipe:
    2c raw oats
    1TBsp raisens
    1TBsp Craisens
    1TBsp Golden raisens
    1 stick of cinnamon

Cook the oats with water (not milk), mix in the tablespoons of different raisens, and stir with the cinnamon stick the whole time. Tastes great, and it's an amazing first meal of the day for macros.

If you feel you need more protein you can stir in some egg whites.
    that does look good! The only thing I would definitely add, like you said, would be the protein. It needs a lot more protein so either
    -egg whites
    -cottage cheese
    -protein powder (whey, casein, mix)

Registered User deadgearsrising's Avatar
    deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deadgearsrising has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say something good would be:

1 cup oats (dry measure)
    Mix in some whey(1 scoop)
    Have it with A couple eggs, and a tbsp of PB.

waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SetauketYankee View Post
    I don't think u have a clue what ur talking about....

1200 Cals ? good luck with that...
    WTF? Whose oatmeal is 600 calories? Are you adding 1 cup of sugar and a vat of syrup in that as well?

My oatmeal is 190 for 1 cup.

hungover will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungover will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungover will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungover will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungover will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungover will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungover will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungover will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungover will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungover will become famous soon enough. (+50) hungover will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by waytoodeep03 View Post
    WTF? Whose oatmeal is 600 calories? Are you adding 1 cup of sugar and a vat of syrup in that as well?

My oatmeal is 190 for 1 cup.
    what sort of oatmeal are you eating? 190 cals for a cup is very low for oatmeal
    How to Avoid Muscle Loss While Cutting ... forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=6030554&postcount=4

Calipe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Calipe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Calipe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Calipe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Calipe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Calipe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Calipe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Calipe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Calipe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Calipe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Calipe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by hungover View Post
    x2. Mine is 300 per 80 grams of dry Oats.
    EstadoFisico.com

cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cbs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

for me...

Wake: whey shake(1-2 scoops)

1-1.5 hours later at work: 3-4 whole eggs(hard boiled), 1-2 pieces of whole wheat bread(pepperidge farm) with some natty pb..

I look forward to this every single morning....
    ---- COUNTRY MIKE APPRECIATION CREW ----

waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hungover View Post
    Weight Control Oatmeal. Very low sugar. High Fiber. 190 Cals

Maybe you all are eating Cream of Wheat in Milk or something

Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm on a clean bulk atm and my breakfast is usually something like:
    3-4 eggs
    1.5-2 cups quinoa with 3-4 tbsp PB, 1 tbsp maple syrup, fruits (banana, berries etc)
    0.25-0.5 cup nuts (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, all raw)

buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) buckeye7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

well for everyone else's oatmeal and mine included, we eat the original rolled oats, and 1 cup is equivalent to 300 cals, 0 sugar, 6 grams of fat,

240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 240kat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1 cup oatmeal
    1 tsp brown sugar
    2 eggs
    3 egg whites
    16oz milk
    16oz OJ

maybe half a grape fruit...this is what i eat.
    Drew's Deployed BSN Stack-tacular (NOW WITH EVEN MORE GST!!):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122393951

Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xanthippus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by buckeye7 View Post
    that does look good! The only thing I would definitely add, like you said, would be the protein. It needs a lot more protein so either
    -egg whites
    -cottage cheese
    -protein powder (whey, casein, mix)
    yeah, first thing in the morning's one of the most important times for protein.

daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My breakfast:

3 whole eggs over easy with some salsa on top
    Cup of oatmeal with a sliced banana added
    Few slices of turkey bacon
    A slice or two of Whole Wheat Bread
    Big Glass of Milk
    ~Bulking till I hit 200 lbs~I Rep Back~
    People who want something bad enough will find a way and those who don't will find an excuse
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drifterxs12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I eat the same type of oatmeal as you...its quite a bit more calories than that for a cup.