Closed Thread
Page 51 of 333 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 9967
    Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Finished heavy day for C1W4. I feel confident about getting all 12 reps next week for all but my OHPs and curls. I struggled to get the 11th rep up today with both while using proper form. On the 11th OHP rep of my 2nd work set, I stalled about halfway and screamed to myself, "GET IT UP!!!!!"...and I got it up. Fortunately, I work out at home, HAHA.

I've been too embarrassed to add what I'm working with, but here it is...

Squat - 110
    Bench - 110
    BORs - 90
    OHP - 60
    SLDL - 130
    Curls - 60
    CRs - Body plus 130

We'll see how I do next Monday. I'm going to have to have some strength gains in the next week to get 12 reps up in OHPs and curls...thinking positively about it .
    Last edited by Flyman75; 10-01-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a question...what's the difference between barbell curls and EZ bar curls?

Another question, is the order of exercises listed by all pro definite, or does it make a difference if we mix it up?

WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Barbell curls or upright rows, in your guys' opinion? Any tradeoffs?

batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Flyman75 View Post
    I have a question...what's the difference between barbell curls and EZ bar curls?

Another question, is the order of exercises listed by all pro definite, or does it make a difference if we mix it up?
    It is advisable to follow the order as it is prescribed as I believe there Is logic behind the order. You usually want to nail the most compound lifts first and less compound lifts later during the workout.
    Personally, I always Squat first in any workout. Always.
    -Having a big tool box is great but it means nothing if you lack a set of standard screwdrivers and a hammer.
    -The Pareto principle: 80% of the effects are from 20% of causes. All the other small details will only affect a small portion of results, 80% of causes will contribute to 20% of the effects.

RIPPETOE-STARTING STRENGTH FAQ
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224&pagenumber=

FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This will be my 2nd straight week of 2x heavy workouts.
    Not too happy about this school/work scheduling so far.
    *EDM KREW*
    *Positive Krew*
    *Minotaur kREw*
    *President of Mr.Cooper's Fan Klub krEW*

FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WhatAmIDoing View Post
    Barbell curls or upright rows, in your guys' opinion? Any tradeoffs?
    Barbell curls have a lesser chance of screwing up your rotator cuffs.
    WHatever you do, always make sure to do some rotator cuff warm ups before your routine.
    *EDM KREW*
    *Positive Krew*
    *Minotaur kREw*
    *President of Mr.Cooper's Fan Klub krEW*

Originally Posted by batman37 View Post
    It is advisable to follow the order as it is prescribed as I believe there Is logic behind the order. You usually want to nail the most compound lifts first and less compound lifts later during the workout.
    Personally, I always Squat first in any workout. Always.
    Okay, thanks. The reason I was asking was because I read a weight-trainer saying to save all lower body exercises until after the upper body work was done. Thought I'd pick the brains of the guys here.

allnoob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allnoob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know everyone's different, but are there some guidelines for roughly what would constitute good balance? There's a hint that your bench would be roughly 75% of your squat based on the threshold for "beginner", but how about the other exercises? Just finished the heavy workout of cycle 2, week 5 and here's where I'm starting the next cycle:

Squat: 165lbs
    Bench: 135lbs
    Row (torso parallel to floor): 105lbs
    Press: 75lbs
    SLD: 185lbs
    Curl: 60lbs
    Seated calf machine (I know, not as good as standing): 110lbs

Any thoughts? My legs and back aren't really pounded too bad by the SLD right now, the weak link is my forearms.

WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhatAmIDoing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FattyMcTubbs View Post
    Barbell curls have a lesser chance of screwing up your rotator cuffs.
    WHatever you do, always make sure to do some rotator cuff warm ups before your routine.
    Can you elaborate a bit more on this?

Which stretches would you recommend doing before the AllPro routine in general? Can you name a few so I can Google them and learn how to do them?

Mbuzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry for the noob question. (atleast I am posting in the beginner program sticky and not my own post) I am around 6'1" 130lbs. Yes I am extremely thin. I am trying to bulk up because I am tired of being so small. I have been going to the gym lately doing a 4 day workout. After doing research on here I came across this program. I would like to try this program out but my main issue is I feel like the chest isn't being worked enough. I could be completely wrong here but I literally have no chest at all and want to build that up a lot. Will this workout do that for me? Sorry for the noob question lol I am trying to search and learn about what I should be doing to properly grow but get confused easily. Any input would be great.

daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000) daghetto is just really nice. (+1000)
    just some questions.

1. do you have to do the warmup sets like 50% and then 75% of your workset? like for example my squat for heavy day is 95lbs. ill do the bar(45lbs) to warm up, then 65lbs for my 2nd warmup and then my 2 worksets of 95lbs, but sometimes on days like light days ill just do the bar once to warmup cause the weight is very little anyways as it is so essentially i did 3 sets; 1 warm and 2 worksets. is that fine?

2.what happens if you fail on one of the excercises on the first cycle like if i cant get 2x11 on say overhead press?

3. isnt this really similar to hst? like what are the main differences between this and hst?

modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Finished heavy day for C1W4. I feel confident about getting all 12 reps next week for all but my OHPs and curls. I struggled to get the 11th rep up today with both while using proper form. On the 11th OHP rep of my 2nd work set, I stalled about halfway and screamed to myself, "GET IT UP!!!!!"...and I got it up. Fortunately, I work out at home, HAHA.

Squat - 110
    Bench - 110
    BORs - 90
    OHP - 60
    SLDL - 130
    Curls - 60
    CRs - Body plus 130

We'll see how I do next Monday. I'm going to have to have some strength gains in the next week to get 12 reps up in OHPs and curls...thinking positively about it .
    Don't feel bad dude I started well below you. Cycle 4 now have improved quite a bit. Also packed on about 18 lbs of weight. Just stick with it and you will gain, its a great program.
    -start -now
    Squat - 85 -115
    Bench - 85 -105
    BORs - 75 -105
    OHP - 45 -55
    SLDL - 115 -155
    DB Curls - 25 -30
    CRs - Body plus 130 -175
    Last edited by modena12; 10-01-2012 at 09:49 PM.

modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) modena12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by daghetto View Post
    just some questions.

1. do you have to do the warmup sets like 50% and then 75% of your workset? like for example my squat for heavy day is 95lbs. ill do the bar(45lbs) to warm up, then 65lbs for my 2nd warmup and then my 2 worksets of 95lbs, but sometimes on days like light days ill just do the bar once to warmup cause the weight is very little anyways as it is so essentially i did 3 sets; 1 warm and 2 worksets. is that fine?

2.what happens if you fail on one of the excercises on the first cycle like if i cant get 2x11 on say overhead press?

3. isnt this really similar to hst? like what are the main differences between this and hst?
    1- I think its 1st set 25% second 50%. Just do the bar if 25% is less than 45lbs. Do the same warm up all 3 days.
    2-If you fail just keep going like normal. try to get 2x12 next week. If I fail on week 5 because of nutrition/lack of sleep/ect then I will retest on day 2. If I fail because I genuinely failed then I will accept it and keep the same weight for the next cycle. I only got 11 reps on my second set on test day and figured I would just add weight anyways. I just ended up failing the next cycle so I would say stick with the program.
    3-no idea

One last post. My SLDL weight is reaching the limit of my grip strength and my forearms were extremely tired after 2x10. After SLDL I move onto curls 2x10 and when I finished my forearm muscle (palm side) had a tingling sensation. No pain, it was almost like a muscle high, similar to a runners high but a different sensation. Is this something to be concerned about? I plan on doing calves in between these exercises to give my forearms a break before curls in the future.

zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you tested your 10RM properly then your chest WILL get a work out (even if you dont feel it in the first couple of weeks).

This program, for a lot of people, feels TOO easy in the first 2-3 weeks and so a lot of people move on before even finishing cycle 1. I just completed Cycle 1 Week 5 test day and passed everything and it was HARD even though it felt easy back in week 2.

Do the cycle all the way through then give yourself a pat on the back THEN do cycle 2 and 3... then you are qualified to (slightly) tweak the program towards your own goals i.e. adding 1 more lift.

If you think that you can do better on another program then fine go do that but if you want to do all pro then do all pro properly because it does work

iHau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iHau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iHau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iHau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iHau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iHau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iHau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iHau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iHau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iHau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iHau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi guys
    So I decided to give this workout routine a go.
    Yesterday I went to the gym for a "test day" to see how much I could lift after about a year or so off of weight training.

These were the weights that I felt comfortable with
    Squats - 185
    Bench - 135
    Rows - 60
    Shoulder press - 50
    Stiff leg deadlift - 135
    Curls -50
    Calves - 100

Today I went in and did a day 1 of the workout , and found out that I was only able to complete 8 reps on my first workset of the squats , and could only do about 4-5 reps of the last set.
    Also the same with my bench.

Everything else I completed.

I was already sore from the "test day". I went on here and saw that maybe I started out too heavy on my weights for squats and bench. Is it ok for me to adjust maybe -10 or -15 pounds next week on both my squats and bench? So that I can actually finish the whole workset instead of failing? Please help thanks in advance.

Ps my whole body is ready aching and I'm loving it

zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmcpherson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by iHau View Post
    Hi guys
    So I decided to give this workout routine a go.
    Yesterday I went to the gym for a "test day" to see how much I could lift after about a year or so off of weight training.

These were the weights that I felt comfortable with
    Squats - 185
    Bench - 135
    Rows - 60
    Shoulder press - 50
    Stiff leg deadlift - 135
    Curls -50
    Calves - 100

Today I went in and did a day 1 of the workout , and found out that I was only able to complete 8 reps on my first workset of the squats , and could only do about 4-5 reps of the last set.
    Also the same with my bench.

Everything else I completed.

I was already sore from the "test day". I went on here and saw that maybe I started out too heavy on my weights for squats and bench. Is it ok for me to adjust maybe -10 or -15 pounds next week on both my squats and bench? So that I can actually finish the whole workset instead of failing? Please help thanks in advance.

Ps my whole body is ready aching and I'm loving it
    You failed because you didn't rest.dont change your weights you'll be fine

allnoob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) allnoob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mbuzz View Post
    Sorry for the noob question. (atleast I am posting in the beginner program sticky and not my own post) I am around 6'1" 130lbs. Yes I am extremely thin. I am trying to bulk up because I am tired of being so small. I have been going to the gym lately doing a 4 day workout. After doing research on here I came across this program. I would like to try this program out but my main issue is I feel like the chest isn't being worked enough. I could be completely wrong here but I literally have no chest at all and want to build that up a lot. Will this workout do that for me? Sorry for the noob question lol I am trying to search and learn about what I should be doing to properly grow but get confused easily. Any input would be great.
    I'm basically through 2 cycles of this program, I can feel it's pretty well balanced compared to whatever BS I was doing years ago. It can be tempting to emphasize the mirror muscles (pecs and biceps) but you should resist the temptation b/c you'll just stall out on the chest if you add too much more and it'll be really frustrating. It's better to grow more balanced all over so you look muscular, not like a guy that only benchs and curls.

I had this problem for a while (the last time I lifted for a while was in college and it was mostly the mirror muscles and so those are stalling out now while the rest of my body catches up)

Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000)

Squat - 110
    Bench - 110
    BORs - 90
    OHP - 60
    SLDL - 130
    Curls - 60
    CRs - Body plus 130

Originally Posted by modena12 View Post
    Don't feel bad dude I started well below you. Cycle 4 now have improved quite a bit. Also packed on about 18 lbs of weight. Just stick with it and you will gain, its a great program.
    -start -now
    Squat - 85 -115
    Bench - 85 -105
    BORs - 75 -105
    OHP - 45 -55
    SLDL - 115 -155
    DB Curls - 25 -30
    CRs - Body plus 130 -175
    Hahaha, I just wrapped up a round of P90X and started on All Pro's a little over a month ago. Hit my 12 reps this week for pretty much everything except OHP (well, hit 12 reps for that with poor form for the last 3). My numbers look just as bad as y'all.

Squat - 75
    Bench - 75
    BORs - 70
    OHP - 60
    SLDL - 80
    Curls - 40
    CRs - Body plus 80

I could probably do higher SLDLs, but I was worried about my form and hurt my back initially, so I've been treading water there until I can nail down my form.

Originally Posted by Mbuzz View Post
    After six months of intense cutting, I realized that I had almost no muscle mass. So, I started on All Pro's. Honestly, it's been great. I have been eating ~1.1g/lbm and it's been working pretty well.

I have heard that while All Pro's starts out slow, and while the deload workouts may seem easy at the beginning, they get hard pretty quick. I mean, I currently bench 75 lbs (yeah, I know). If I kept up with this progression for 6 months, I will be benching 125 lbs. At that point, even my deload workouts will be 105 and 90 lbs -- more than what I bench now. In a year, when I'll be benching 180, even my deloads will be 160 and 145. I'm pretty sure you will quite worked at that point, and even your deloads will involve some heavy lifts

VegasBhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegasBhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegasBhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just completed day 1 workout 1 and heres my (Pathetic) weights so far.

SQUAT: 30kg (66lbs)
    BENCH: 30kg (66lbs)
    BOR: 30kg (66lbs)
    OHP: 20kg (44lbs)
    SLDL: 40kg (88lbs)
    CURLS: 12.5kg (27.5lbs) each arm
    CR: 20kg (44lbs)

Now I was cautious to start off light but these have to be the lowest numbers ive saw on this programme! But I tell you this morning my legs are STILL like jelly, it was a struggle walking downstairs after I got out of bed lol
    But do these numbers looks a bit unbalanced? I completed all lifts with good form and only really feel it on my legs today but Im really looking forward to completing thise routine and actually being able to lift a weight heavier than a 14 year old girl!
    Last edited by VegasBhoy; 10-02-2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: *Meant to add im using dumbbells for all lifts

RockStar1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockStar1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockStar1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockStar1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockStar1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockStar1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockStar1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockStar1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockStar1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockStar1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockStar1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Planning to give this workout a go. Guys any before and after pics of people running this workout?? Would really give me some confidence and help in motivation ^_^
    ++ Positive Crew ++

*** Misc Cigar Crew ***

RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Shavershian the king of aesthetics

DwyaneWade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DwyaneWade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Day 3 (light workout)
    Squat 185lb
    Bench 150lb
    BOR 105lb
    OBP 95lb
    SLDL 135lb
    Upright row 65lb
    Barbell Curl 65lb
    Calf raises 235lb

Feel excellent and powerful! Ready for next week!
    Bench 8 x 205
    Squat 8 x 225
    SLDL 8 x185
    Overhead 8 x 115
    BB ROW 8 x 115
    bb curl 8 x 70

steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RockStar1987 View Post
    Planning to give this workout a go. Guys any before and after pics of people running this workout?? Would really give me some confidence and help in motivation ^_^

Here are a couple of profiles to check out!

bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/69cam/

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148265593

And on another note, just finished C2W4 Heavy day, I went in feeling pretty flat, but suprisingly i didnt struggle too much, im fairly confident for next week test day!

themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This workout goes for 3 days per week. Any chance of me adding a fourth day?? any recommended workouts if i was to add a fourth day.

themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10) themanali is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im unsure on which weights to start off with?? I currently weigh 81kg....

VegasBhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegasBhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegasBhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by themanali View Post
    Nothing to do with YOUR weight, its based on what yer 10 rep max is then follow the instructions on the 1st page of this thread.

FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by themanali View Post
    As stated already. Your weight has nothing to do with how much weight you start with.

Go to the gym and do each exercise in order.

For each exercise, pick a weight that you think you can lift between 8-12 times.

Write down the weight and how many reps you did with good form.

Enter the info in the calculator below. Use the " 10 rep max " weight as your starting weight. Good Luck.

http://www.naturalphysiques.com/18/o...max-calculator

Ex: If you can squat 140lbs for 11 reps, your "10 rep max " would be 146lbs. That would be your starting weight for squats. The same fomula applies to the other exercises.
    There is no expiration date on being healthy.

Ten Rep Max Calculator.
    http://www.naturalphysiques.com/18/o...max-calculator

Mbuzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Would it hurt my results if I switched to dumbbells for the 3rd day? I have access to a gym only Monday-Thursday so I can only get in two of the three days at the gym. I have dumbbells at my house that I could use on the 3rd day but I was wondering if it would seriously hurt my results?

frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I snapped a 21 day progress photo (in profile...no pic posting yet) of the back this morning after my wife told me that she could see "ripples". There's definitely something going on.

I will admit that a lot of this, as mentioned repeatedly, is diet. I've been eating at a 750-1000 cal deficit since 8-20 and haven't had a drop of alcohol since 8-13. I'll celebrate with a beer when I hit 175.

Oh, you younger guys should know. As you can see in the pic this workout makes your hair fall out.

69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RockStar1987 View Post
    Here ya go.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=146599373
    The best part of this is, my kids are learning to live healthier because of me.

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 333 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast