Closed Thread
Page 329 of 337 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 327 328 329 330 331 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,870 of 10105
    edward1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cd24747 View Post
    I don't have time to read through all of the pages to answer my questions. I came across this method and I would like to give it a shot. Should I do any cardio? If so, when? Can I train just on BCAAs or is it best to have a protein shake?
    bcaa on fasted training would be best. imo, look for bcaa mixture that contain beta alanine. BA helps me when i need that extra push. for cardio, just do martin said, 45 min brisk walking.
    Last edited by edward1986; 02-01-2011 at 06:03 AM. Reason: adding post

jdinolfo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by apace View Post
    lucky you that you can't eat that much , i am finding it difficult to reduce my calories as post workout i can down 2500 cal real easy , my biggest problem is that i love having a nice dessert after my meal and even if it is healthy its still loaded with calories
    Usually or i make 2 large protein bars or a whole mix of casein/ whey protein , cottage cheese , cereals , fruit and peanut butter or mixed nuts , easily taking over 1000 calories from that only .

Any solution how can i can get a good dessert with 1/2 the calories but still be filling
    I like protein pudding: a box of sugar-free pudding, 2 scoops of whatever whey you like and 2 cups of FF milk. Around 600 cals for the whole thing and its A LOT of dessert.
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger" - Neitzsche

cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How often should you do the 45 minutes of brisk walking? I train 6 days a week.

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Invented View Post
    Yeah, I think Martin has said that you can use whey in a pinch but I think he greatly prefers the use of BCAA instead.

And on another note, I wanted some help with macros and diet specifics so I inquired with Martin about consultation back in October. He was backed up and it didn't look like I'd be able to start with him for a number of months, which was disappointing.

I decided to sign up for a Shelby Starnes program instead. I'm just taking his diet, applying the leangains principles, and the fat is just melting off. I'm setting PRs left and right in the gym. He has me doing more cardio than Martin recommends but the results have been crazy. My weight hasn't dropped a ton but I'm the leanest I've ever been. I'm still not close to halfway through the 12 week program either. Interested to see where this takes me, but if things keep up I'll easily be in the best shape of my life.

I'm starting to look skinny though, I'll need to put on some size after this is done

I was worried about being hungry when I first saw the diet but it hasn't been an issue at all. Leangains is awesome.
    I'm also in the client queue for a consultation, though further back than you are (I only got to him in early november). Still, I'd rather wait for him than try to sign on another program. I think I've already applied most of the basics correctly so if I just go on autopilot for the next couple of months I think he'll have gotten back to me by then.

chuntbaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuntbaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuntbaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuntbaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuntbaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuntbaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuntbaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuntbaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuntbaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuntbaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chuntbaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    any thoughts on controlled labs glycergrow whilst on IF / leangains ... i love this product but according to the label its classified as a "fat" thus has calories per serving which i guess means its a no go for my fasted training ... any thoughts?
    what can you possibly say to a guy thats ripped up like mother @$%#! rambo

vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guys! thought id share an article about IF by my favorite naturopathic doctor, Jade Teta, who owns Metabolic Effect

go to blog dot metaboliceffect dot com (it doesnt let me post links!) and in the search bar type in "alternate day fasting"

there is great research on the benefits of IF, although I don't know about doing it every single day. I know it's pretty common in the BB world to do this 3x a week, alternating days.

Also, a huge thing that Jade always recommends is BCAAs- especially during fasting bc it controls hunger (I put it in my black coffee!)

BCAA powder with Arginine powder wil get you through your workouts during the fasted state. BTW, I've started to incorporate this here and there and it is amazing how good you feel when you do it.

Also, he recommends doing the majority of the fast while you sleep (easier mentally!)...so basically, night time fasting, with only a few hours of the fast occurring during the day.
    SO you never really realize you're fasting. For those of us who have a hard time with hunger or cravings or just the habit of eating every 2 hrs, doing the majority while you sleep works wonders. I can typically do it from 5pm-12pm the next day.

frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankky4fingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question

I keep reading conflicting posts...

Some say to have a shake/BCAA BEFORE working out..

Others say to work out fasted and drink BCAA INTRA-workout..

And others say to workout fasted and simply drink BCAA/Protein post workout only..

Can I get clarification?
    Check out my youtube channel..
    https://www.youtube.com/user/larocquefitness

Contest Prep Coach @ Evolve Strength&Conditioning

100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by frankky4fingers View Post
    I keep reading conflicting posts...

Some say to have a shake/BCAA BEFORE working out..

Others say to work out fasted and drink BCAA INTRA-workout..

And others say to workout fasted and simply drink BCAA/Protein post workout only..

Can I get clarification?
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

sihao has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi all, I've started my IF a week ago and I really love it. Will be doing my first fasted gym session tomorrow. This is actually what Martin suggested regarding taking whey or bcaa:

<<BCAA vs whey

What's all this fuss about BCAA and could we not use another protein source such as whey protein? Strictly speaking, no. BCAA contains the three major amino acids intimately involved in activating muscle protein synthesis, including leucine which is the key player. Whey protein contains 25% BCAA. Other high-quality protein sources, such as meat, contain 17-18% BCAA. To get an equivalent amount of BCAAs into circulation during the fasted state would require 120-180 g protein from these sources. That's more than 500 calories (120 g protein plus tag-along carbs and fat), which is not far from a medium sized meal.

With BCAAs we are getting maximal benefits with regards to muscle protein synthesis for a minimal caloric load. The latter point being important to maintain the fasted state and to allow for a liberal 8-hour feeding window later in the day.>>

So basically I'd guess that BCAA would be preferred, as taking Whey would involve much more cal intake.

AnchorNut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I posted this in another thread, and people advised me to come here.

I've been interested in IF since hearing a bit about it recently. I'm never hungry in the morning, and don't really get hungry until the first time in the day that I eat, so it sounds like it might be just right for me.

I have three questions that I was wonder about, though, for those of you who practice it.

1. Do you have no food intake at all until you break your fast later in the day, or do you sip on protein shakes or something?

2. When do you typically work out relative to breaking your fast, and do you have a post-workout meal? If I work out in the morning due to schedule, should I skip a post-workout meal, or just have some whey and then wait 8 hours before eating anything else, or what?

3. Do you do cardio? If so, when, relative to when you break your fast? I've heard that while fasted weight training is typically not any more difficult than unfasted, aerobic performance can be negatively impacted by a fasted state. I do enjoy doing cardio and would prefer not to give it up.

jdinolfo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AnchorNut View Post
    I posted this in another thread, and people advised me to come here.

I've been interested in IF since hearing a bit about it recently. I'm never hungry in the morning, and don't really get hungry until the first time in the day that I eat, so it sounds like it might be just right for me.

I have three questions that I was wonder about, though, for those of you who practice it.

1. Do you have no food intake at all until you break your fast later in the day, or do you sip on protein shakes or something?

2. When do you typically work out relative to breaking your fast, and do you have a post-workout meal? If I work out in the morning due to schedule, should I skip a post-workout meal, or just have some whey and then wait 8 hours before eating anything else, or what?

3. Do you do cardio? If so, when, relative to when you break your fast? I've heard that while fasted weight training is typically not any more difficult than unfasted, aerobic performance can be negatively impacted by a fasted state. I do enjoy doing cardio and would prefer not to give it up.
    All of your answers, plus more, can be found here :leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
    "That which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger" - Neitzsche

mumbru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what do you guys think is optimal for someone who trains in the afternoon (3-4pm) and goes to bed at around 10pm, should they train fasted (with BCAAs) then have their window open from 5-10pm (5h instead of 8), OR follow this setup (quote from leangains)?

12-1 PM or around lunch/noon: Pre-workout meal. Approximately 20-25% of daily total calorie intake.
    3-4 PM: Training should happen a few hours after the pre-workout meal.
    4-5 PM: Post-workout meal (largest meal).
    8-9 PM: Last meal before the fast.
    I don't mind either I'm just wondering if they're equally effective or not (aim is to cut for a few weeks then continue my bulk on starting strength.)

papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mumbru View Post
    what do you guys think is optimal for someone who trains in the afternoon (3-4pm) and goes to bed at around 10pm, should they train fasted (with BCAAs) then have their window open from 5-10pm (5h instead of 8), OR follow this setup (quote from leangains)?

I don't mind either I'm just wondering if they're equally effective or not (aim is to cut for a few weeks then continue my bulk on starting strength.)
    Depends if you train well fasted or not. In the end it's going to be how well you respond.

cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cd24747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio

Any ideas on the whole cardio element of IF?

AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Any of you guys drink coffee with milk during your fast? I've been putting in half a cup of milk ~ 75 calories with my large coffee in the morning...Is that too much?

OzzBozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzzBozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzzBozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzzBozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzzBozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzzBozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzzBozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzzBozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzzBozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzzBozz will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzzBozz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    On my 3rd day of IF, and i wokeup and drank 1.5 cups of coffee ( black ) and 3 peices (1/4-1/3) of a grapefruit... did i screw up bad? Should i not eat till later today ( 5:30pm ) when my feast begins?

benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cd24747 View Post
    Any ideas on the whole cardio element of IF?
    Martin recommends liss or miss during the fasted state. he got something on his blog about this, but i can't find where. he said something like taking 12g of bcaa before, then do 45-60 mins of moderate cardio, after that another 12g of bcaa. and the fast continues untill the 16 hour mark. but that is only if you decide to do the cardio while fasted.

look at "how to lose stubborn fat" on his blog, this might answer your questions.

Originally Posted by AndrewChan View Post
    Any of you guys drink coffee with milk during your fast? I've been putting in half a cup of milk ~ 75 calories with my large coffee in the morning...Is that too much?
    Originally Posted by OzzBozz View Post
    On my 3rd day of IF, and i wokeup and drank 1.5 cups of coffee ( black ) and 3 peices (1/4-1/3) of a grapefruit... did i screw up bad? Should i not eat till later today ( 5:30pm ) when my feast begins?
    yeah try that. there is no reason to break while fasting. and Martin hasn't said a thing on what to do if you break the fast(not in the designated time)

its like breaking the fast. Martin say no more than 1-2 spoons of milk(or 1.5) i can't seem to recall.
    ~SCC Crew~
    2014 goals:
    -visit usa
    -get ripped
    -lose virginity
    -get rid of all of my health problems
    -handstand for 30 seconds no wall

IRepBack

-*In Memory of Guy Boyland a Warrior,Friend and a Brother whose life cut short by Hammas - R.I.P*-

reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OzzBozz View Post
    no food

no more grapefruit

spartakis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spartakis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spartakis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spartakis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spartakis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spartakis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spartakis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spartakis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spartakis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spartakis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) spartakis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Anybody do early morning training

I just started if on saturday. Did my training on monday and way more sore then usual today. Not sure if recovery is worth only drinking bcaa's after workout and not having a meal till almost 6 hours later. Will find out tomorrow if any strenght loss and still sore.

anybody else suffer from this?

romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by vanessaromeo View Post
    hey guys! thought id share an article about IF by my favorite naturopathic doctor, Jade Teta, who owns Metabolic Effect

go to blog dot metaboliceffect dot com (it doesnt let me post links!) and in the search bar type in "alternate day fasting"

there is great research on the benefits of IF, although I don't know about doing it every single day. I know it's pretty common in the BB world to do this 3x a week, alternating days.

Also, a huge thing that Jade always recommends is BCAAs- especially during fasting bc it controls hunger (I put it in my black coffee!)

BCAA powder with Arginine powder wil get you through your workouts during the fasted state. BTW, I've started to incorporate this here and there and it is amazing how good you feel when you do it.

Also, he recommends doing the majority of the fast while you sleep (easier mentally!)...so basically, night time fasting, with only a few hours of the fast occurring during the day.
    SO you never really realize you're fasting. For those of us who have a hard time with hunger or cravings or just the habit of eating every 2 hrs, doing the majority while you sleep works wonders. I can typically do it from 5pm-12pm the next day.
    u r gorgeous. will listen to anything u say

[QUOTE=benwin21;621482403]Martin recommends liss or miss during the fasted state. he got something on his blog about this, but i can't find where. he said something like taking 12g of bcaa before, then do 45-60 mins of moderate cardio, after that another 12g of bcaa. and the fast continues untill the 16 hour mark. but that is only if you decide to do the cardio while fasted.

look at "how to lose stubborn fat" on his blog, this might answer your questions.

Awesome thanks.

vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanessaromeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by romajc View Post
    u r gorgeous. will listen to anything u say
    LMAO!!!! thank you!

benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by vanessaromeo View Post
    LMAO!!!! thank you!
    you go to sleep on 5pm? 0_0
    ~SCC Crew~
    2014 goals:
    -visit usa
    -get ripped
    -lose virginity
    -get rid of all of my health problems
    -handstand for 30 seconds no wall

IRepBack

-*In Memory of Guy Boyland a Warrior,Friend and a Brother whose life cut short by Hammas - R.I.P*-

Originally Posted by benwin21 View Post
    you go to sleep on 5pm? 0_0
    hell no! haha. i go to bed around 9 or so but when i do IF i will stop eating at 5

AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000) AndrewChan is just really nice. (+1000)
    anybody else drink coffee or tea with milk during the fasting phase?

RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What is everyones thoughts on using a Fat Loss supplement during the fasting window?

Thinking about using ShredMatrix (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mu...redmatrix.html)

I am been IFing on a 500kcal deficit for 2 weeks now and love it. Just looking to speed things up a bit.

RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50) RockCrawla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    anybody else drink coffee or tea with milk during the fasting phase?
    I do this. Just keep the kcals from the milk as low as possible.

PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Martin strictly says that no calories are to be ingested during the fasted phase, but coffee is fine. And yeah, a half cup of milk is too much and will break your fast. He only recommends a "tiny splash of milk" which is 1/2 to 1 TEAspoon of milk AT MOST.
    Feb 1 - May 1 Cut
    2-1: 150 | 2-8: 149 | 2-15: 148.2 | 2-22: 150.8 | Month Total: +0.8
    3-1: xxx | 3-8: xxx | 3-15: xxx | 3-22: xxx | 3-29: xxx | Month Total:
    4-5: xxx | 4-12: xxx | 4-19: xxx | 4-26: xxx | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 5-3: xxx

Wink

NO MILK!!!! coffee is ok, and i recommend coffee with BCAAs and arginine powder.

ingesting calories means you are not fasting. and milk is loaded with sugar (even skim!) so thats actually even worse

bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PrettyReckless View Post
    Martin strictly says that no calories are to be ingested during the fasted phase, but coffee is fine. And yeah, a half cup of milk is too much and will break your fast. He only recommends a "tiny splash of milk" which is 1/2 to 1 TEAspoon of milk AT MOST.
    ^^ what PrettyReckless said

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

No calories are to be ingested during the fasted phase, though coffee, calorie free sweeteners, diet soda and sugar free gum are ok (even though they might contain trace amount of calories). A tiny splash of milk in your coffee won’t affect anything either (½-1 teaspoon of milk per cup at the most - use sparingly and sensibly if you drink a lot of coffee). Neither will sugar free gum in moderation (~20 g).

Closed Thread