Page 221 of 274 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 271 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,630 of 8191
    ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Think I am going to have a rest day today myself. Perhaps some light stretching and foam rolling.
    Rest is under-rated on this site; it's easy to lose track of the fact that we only grow when we're out of the gym (provided, of course, that all our other ducks are in a row).

We get pretty crappy weather over here, in general, so we can handle a bit of a blizzard but the thing you guys got hit with was insane. Just gotta be well prepared I guess.
    I realize that the weather in the UK is generally seen as being somewhat disagreeable by the population of the rest of the world, but I can only go by my own experience; my wife and I visited London in June of '08 for 4 days, and the weather was beautiful for the entire time we were there---sunny and in the 70's every day. We kept wondering where that famous London fog and continuous rain was at.

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/...bfcL&ocid=iehp
    Story ^

http://www.naplesautocollection.com/...0d26ecafe99a7/
    Car ^

Great training in here crazy leg press numbers. Thought I would share these links with you. If you have a spare 50K laying around that looks like a huge bargain.
    Wow, that is a good deal. Those cars were sold to be used to road race rather than for street use; they have the best of everything that's needed to go fast, turn tight, and stop on a dime; the ceramic disc brake package was a very expensive option all by itself. When they first were offered, the were selling for closer to $85K at the time, and were nearly impossible to get. I think only one dealer in the entire state of WV had one for sale at the time. If I had garage space in which to store it, I'd seriously consider it, Tim. That particular car is pretty much at the top of the heap in regards to performance passenger cars from GM. The only other thing better would be a Z06 Corvette---at nearly double the cost.

I've seen some chatter in the car magazines that GM (Chevy, actually) is going to bring that option package (Z28) back out some time after the first of the year. No exact details were offered as to specific equipment were mentioned, but I assume it'll be similar to the 2014 package; big all-aluminum engine, manual trans only, super-stiff suspension, huge brakes, minimal exhaust system, and a larger fuel tank.

What are your thoughts on Bro splits or body part splits BTW? I have never run one but trying a MAX OT style program for awhile. So far I am enjoying it, feel kind of lazy. Interested in if you ever had any success with that type of programming. My joints are feeling very good at 2-3 weeks in, but I have always thought more volume and more frequency was more better.
    I think MAX OT is a good program for you.

It's all about the trainee's experience level; when you're a noob, high frequency and low-to-moderate volume is what generally works best for just about everyone; training the entire body in each of three weekly workouts comprised of just the basic exercises fills the bill perfectly. But as the trainee progresses, he's always eventually going to get to a point where he needs more than the usual 5 or 6 basic exercises always included in a FB program in order to move further forward. At that point, it's just not practical to try to work the entire body in one workout with multiple sets of 20+ different exercises; even if the trainee had enough energy (highly unlikely), he'd be in the gym for 4 hours, three times a week.

That's when it becomes practical to 'split' the body parts up, generally in some type of Push/Pull/Legs arrangement, or one of the dozens of other commonly-used routines. The term 'bro split' came about because the 'bros' usually recommend such routines (split training) even for beginners, the exact population group that will benefit the least from such infrequent (once a week) training of body parts.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Wow, that is a good deal. Those cars were sold to be used to road race rather than for street use; they have the best of everything that's needed to go fast, turn tight, and stop on a dime; the ceramic disc brake package was a very expensive option all by itself. When they first were offered, the were selling for closer to $85K at the time, and were nearly impossible to get. I think only one dealer in the entire state of WV had one for sale at the time. If I had garage space in which to store it, I'd seriously consider it, Tim. That particular car is pretty much at the top of the heap in regards to performance passenger cars from GM. The only other thing better would be a Z06 Corvette---at nearly double the cost.

I've seen some chatter in the car magazines that GM (Chevy, actually) is going to bring that option package (Z28) back out some time after the first of the year. No exact details were offered as to specific equipment were mentioned, but I assume it'll be similar to the 2014 package; big all-aluminum engine, manual trans only, super-stiff suspension, huge brakes, minimal exhaust system, and a larger fuel tank.
    That's what I thought too, looks almost too good to be true. It would almost be worth buying for the resale value alone in a few years. Certainly collectible and could have some fun with it and keep the miles relatively low. I'm not sure what kind of gearing those cars come with 373 or so I'm guessing? Drop that to a 410 gear and would hardly need to put any miles on it to have a lot of fun . I'm not sure I agree on the vette though, they have just never done anything for me except the old split windows. I like the lines of the new retro Camaro better than the somewhat over the top aerodynamic styling of the newer vettes.

I think MAX OT is a good program for you.

It's all about the trainee's experience level; when you're a noob, high frequency and low-to-moderate volume is what generally works best for just about everyone; training the entire body in each of three weekly workouts comprised of just the basic exercises fills the bill perfectly. But as the trainee progresses, he's always eventually going to get to a point where he needs more than the usual 5 or 6 basic exercises always included in a FB program in order to move further forward. At that point, it's just not practical to try to work the entire body in one workout with multiple sets of 20+ different exercises; even if the trainee had enough energy (highly unlikely), he'd be in the gym for 4 hours, three times a week.

That's when it becomes practical to 'split' the body parts up, generally in some type of Push/Pull/Legs arrangement, or one of the dozens of other commonly-used routines. The term 'bro split' came about because the 'bros' usually recommend such routines (split training) even for beginners, the exact population group that will benefit the least from such infrequent (once a week) training of body parts.
    I'm glad you think it will work for me. I was really running myself into the ground for awhile. I think it's worth a fair shake to try. I end up using compounds that give me some indirect work for many things 2X per week, and I can add modify as I need to. I was just concerned that I would lose ground. I hope it works out, I am able to really bring some decent intensity to the lifts that I'm doing, which is good. Doing multiple body parts even on a two day split was leaving the body parts towards the end of the session inevitably lacking a lot of days, not to mention the abuse my elbows were feeling. Thanks. Buy the car, build a bigger garage . 500HP of summer fun.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    That's what I thought too, looks almost too good to be true. It would almost be worth buying for the resale value alone in a few years. Certainly collectible and could have some fun with it and keep the miles relatively low. I'm not sure what kind of gearing those cars come with 373 or so I'm guessing? Drop that to a 410 gear and would hardly need to put any miles on it to have a lot of fun .
    I don't recall what ratio they used for the final drive, but the ratios in the transmission were set to complement it and optimize acceleration through the first 4 gears (it had a 6-speed gearbox), and then the top two were both overdrive.

I'm not sure I agree on the vette though, they have just never done anything for me except the old split windows. I like the lines of the new retro Camaro better than the somewhat over the top aerodynamic styling of the newer vettes.
    Aesthetics are certainly in the eye of the beholder, and while I'll always be a big fan of the midyear Corvettes (1963 thru 1967; I owned a '65 coupe, and my late older brother owned 3 midyear Vettes--a '66 coupe, a '67 Coupe, and a '67 roadster, and we also co-owned a 1961 Corvette drag car) I like the looks of the new Corvettes, and can appreciate their aerodynamics, outrageous performance, and build quality. The level of engineering that goes into designing and building a mass-production car that provides world-class performance and yet has a base price under $60K is mind-boggling to me. In that aspect, Corvette stands alone.

IMO, the 1963-1967 Corvette Stingray is the most beautiful car ever conceived and built. I tip my hat to the late Larry Shinoda for his timeless body design, and to the late Zora-Arkus Duntov for making them fast and well-handling.

I'm glad you think it will work for me. I was really running myself into the ground for awhile. I think it's worth a fair shake to try. I end up using compounds that give me some indirect work for many things 2X per week, and I can add modify as I need to. I was just concerned that I would lose ground. I hope it works out, I am able to really bring some decent intensity to the lifts that I'm doing, which is good. Doing multiple body parts even on a two day split was leaving the body parts towards the end of the session inevitably lacking a lot of days, not to mention the abuse my elbows were feeling.
    That program will work just as well as the effort you put into it.

Thanks. Buy the car, build a bigger garage . 500HP of summer fun.
    Lulz. Don't tempt me.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 12-06-2016 at 04:25 PM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Ironwill2008 V3.0

Thought I posted this yesterday, but apparently I didn't. Anyway, this is yesterday's (Wednesday) training:

Good session today. Tough, but still made a little bit of progress. The sun was shining bright, and light streamed into the gym for a change. Today's training was:

Barbell Lunge
    bar x10 W/U
    95x5 W/U
    135x3
    185x3
    225x3
    265x1

V-Grip Seated Row PWO
    90x10 W/U
    170x10
    170x10
    170x10

Smith Machine Incline Press
    95x10 W/U
    135x10
    165x10
    200x9

Work was finished in right at one hour. Wasn't able to stretch the top set of Lunges to a double, but the rep I got was solid; didn't feel like it ws gonna crush me. Still working these to my goal of 3x275.

Added a rep to Cable Rows, bringing me to 10-across, and punching my ticket to be able to add weight next week. Goal is open-ended on this exercise; I'll continue to add weight and work to 3x10 until such time as I can non longer do so.

Inclines remained at 9 reps again this week; still not quite able to get back that 1oth rep on the top set that I mamaged to reach a few weeks ago. More work needs done here.

That closes out today's work, so after a rest day tomorrow, it'll be back in there on Friday for a go at Romanians, Dumbbell Curls, and Dips.

Simple yet tasty Post-WorkOut meal today was a 6 oz grilled ground sirloin patty, a half-plate of roasted veggies, and a glass of milk

No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Rest is under-rated on this site; it's easy to lose track of the fact that we only grow when we're out of the gym (provided, of course, that all our other ducks are in a row).
    I just finished reading Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Supremacy (#2 in the trilogy), and Jason Bourne says "rest is a weapon" and that certainly applies to our training, too ;-)

OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz
    I agree that rest is unde rated on here. No one focuses on it but I am amazed at how often I read in the supp section about supps that help you sleep.

About to grill a good flat iron steak with a plain baked potato. Similar to that post workout meal
    Your nutrition and workout program determines your success.

FL and NC crew. Lol @ living in PA. Just LOL.

Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    I just finished reading Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Supremacy (#2 in the trilogy), and Jason Bourne says "rest is a weapon" and that certainly applies to our training, too ;-)
    While I'm now out of the loop as far as employment is concerned, in this day of constant hustle and bustle lifestyle, it's probably very difficult to actually get enough sleep/rest. If someone requires an alarm clock to awaken in the morning, as opposed to waking naturally at about the same time every day, they're not getting enough sleep.

Originally Posted by OT2000 View Post
    I agree that rest is unde rated on here. No one focuses on it but I am amazed at how often I read in the supp section about supps that help you sleep.
    Just a guess, but I'd bet a dollar to a donut that the cause of the majority of such inquiries is due to an overuse of other supplements. Pre-workout stuff and those ubiquitous 'energy' drinks immediately come to mind here. This is a stimulant-centered society in which we now live, and no matter what it says on the container, there will always be a price to be paid for such widespread use.

About to grill a good flat iron steak with a plain baked potato. Similar to that post workout meal
    Add the veg of your choice, and you've got the most anabolic meal possible.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good discussion on sleep and rest.

I do have a very hectic life. Demanding work, a 5yo, classes three times a week and, to top it off, I have a sleeping condition that will constantly ruin my nights. it is not rare for me to wake up at 3am and stay up an hour, trying to relax my body. Unfortunately, sleep is what I need to sacrifice to work on my other objectives. I cannot relax work or my studies, so it'd have to be the gym, which I love and need now. Oh well. you gotta do it with what you have.

Originally Posted by mejulian View Post
    Good discussion on sleep and rest.

I do have a very hectic life. Demanding work, a 5yo, classes three times a week and, to top it off, I have a sleeping condition that will constantly ruin my nights. it is not rare for me to wake up at 3am and stay up an hour, trying to relax my body. Unfortunately, sleep is what I need to sacrifice to work on my other objectives. I cannot relax work or my studies, so it'd have to be the gym, which I love and need now. Oh well. you gotta do it with what you have.

I don't know what your condition might be, and it's not likely I'm qualified to advise anyway, but there should be something short of drugs that can be done to get you more actual sleep time.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Bill, just checking in, hope you are doing well.. haven't been to gym religiously due to work and coaching, and updating my journal fell by the wayside until now I at least have been getting in 1-2 times per week, and maintaining or increasing slowly at least... always onwards LOL..

Originally Posted by DieselBro View Post
    Hey Bill, just checking in, hope you are doing well.. haven't been to gym religiously due to work and coaching, and updating my journal fell by the wayside until now I at least have been getting in 1-2 times per week, and maintaining or increasing slowly at least... always onwards LOL..
    Hey, Hello! Yep, life will definitely get in the way; we just have to do our best to fit everything in there . As long as you're making the effort to remain involved, you'll be okay.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Happy to not lose any ground and kept my bench and OH pres slowly moving forward...

Overcast and very cold outdoors today, with the first snowflakes of the season flying about. At least it was a little bit warmer than that in the gym today as I closed out the week's training with a solid session. Numbers didn't move much, but the effort was there. Today's training was:

Romanian Deadlift
    bar x10 W/U
    bar x10 W/U
    95x5 W/U
    135x3
    185x3
    225x3
    275x3
    330x2 heh-vee

Alternate Dumbbell Curl
    20x10 W/U
    45x10
    45x10
    45x6

Dip
    bw +50x8
    bw +50x8
    bw +50x8

Used up an hour on this session. RDLs didn't advance, leaving me 1 rep shy of reps-across. Still working these to 365; it's aapparent I need to work harder.

Curls remained the same as previous, but no problemo; I'll keep working on them on my way to 3x10.

Wrists and hands were okay with Dips today, allowing me to get back to my usual 3x8. I still think the main issue with me and Dips is the cold temps, and while it was cold in the gym today, I somehow managed to add reps. Can't explain it; I've been dealing with RA in my hands and shoulders for so long now that I kind of just take it for granted. I do what I can do on the day, and then move on.

Another week of training in the logbook, and after rest over the weekend, I'll hit Squats, Leg Press, Chinups, and Presses as hard as I'm able on Monday.

Post-WorkOut meal was a 4 oz portion of broiled salmon, a big ol' baked sweet potato with butter, an excellent salad, and a glass of milk.

No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    Is that line in the movie?
    I can't remember...

Ironwill2008 V3.0

Numbers didn't move much today, but still had a good session. Today's training was:

Barbell Squat
    bar x10 W/U
    95x10 W/U
    135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    275x5
    315x2

Leg Press PWO
    400x12 W/U
    580x12
    670x12
    810x10

Chinup
    bw +55x6
    bw +55x6
    bw +55x4

Smith Machine Seated Press
    95x10 W/U
    160x6
    160x6
    160x4

Worked through in an hour and a quarter. Squats are still @ 315x2; goal is a triple, so I need to work harder here.

Met previous numbers on Leg Press and was pretty happy to have been able to do that. Going to work these to 12 reps before adding any more weight.

Chins also didn't advance, but just meeting previous numbers is a victory in my book.

Lost that 3rd-set 5th rep on Seated Press that I picked up last week, but I'm not really concerned. As I've stated here many times already, I'm pretty much tapped on these (like Chinups), so that last rep is liable to see-saw back and forth. I'll stick with these for a few more weeks, then decide on a replacement.

Done for today. After a rest day tomorrow (I feel like I'm gonna need it), I'll work hard to advance Lunges, Rows, and Incline Presses on Wednesday.

Post-WorkOut meal was roast turkey, mashed potatoes (!) with pan gravy, a tossed salad, a cup of store-bought cranberry salad (very tasty), and a glass of milk. I could easily eat this meal once a day, every day.

No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Ironwill2008 V3.0

Had a good session today; numbers again didn't move much, but level of effort was there, and that's what's most important. Today's training was:

Barbell Lunge
    bar x10 W/U
    95x5 W/U
    135x3
    185x3
    225x3
    265x1

V-Grip Seated Row PWO
    90x10 W/U
    175x10
    175x9
    175x7

Smith Machine Incline Press
    95x10 W/U
    135x10
    165x10
    200x9

Took an hour to complete this session. Still stymied at 1 rep on Lunges; I need to work harder in order to break through.

Bumped Cable Rows up by a nickel, got some reps, and a monster back pump in the process. I'll work this new weight back up to 3x10 before attemopting to add more.

Reps on Inclines remained 2; still working to get back to that 10th rep on the top set I managed to achieve a few weeks ago. These are getting a bit long in the tooth; if I'm unable to move up within the next few weeks, I'll start considering a change.

Done for today, and after a rest tomorrow, I'll close out the week, and this current 3-week training segment, with a go at RDLs, Curls, and Dips on Friday.

My wife's kitchen expertise is displayed in today's Post-WorkOut meal; two perfectly-poached eggs on buttered Texas toast, fried potatoes, bacon, and a glass of milk.

No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz
    I want to combine those perfectly poached eggs ( they are ) and the turkey

175 on those Vrows

I want to combine those perfectly poached eggs ( they are ) and the turkey
    Both meals were excellent; the turkey provided the base for the best gravy I've made to date.

175 on those Vrows
    Thanks, OT. They hit me just right yesterday; halfway through the warmup set, my upper back and lats were pumped.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    the food in here, as well as the workouts of course, is always amazing!

Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    the food in here, as well as the workouts of course, is always amazing!
    Thanks, NoC. Just tryin to keep it real, and at least demonstrate that you don't need to eat nothing but fish heads and rice 12 times a day in order to build some mass/strength.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

you don't need to eat nothing but fish heads and rice 12 times a day
    you just shattered my meal plan for next week
    ha ha, Bill... too funny

LOL

Thanks, NoC. Just tryin to keep it real, and at least demonstrate that you don't need to eat nothing but fish heads and rice 12 times a day in order to build some mass/strength.
    I would add some curry to those fish heads for maximum anabolism

you just shattered my meal plan for next week
    ha ha, Bill... too funny

LOL
    See the meal tip in the following post:

I would add some curry to those fish heads for maximum anabolism
    Indeed. Might even substitute rice cakes for the plain rice.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Ironwill2008 V3.0

Closed the week's training with a good session. Numbers didn't move, but still was a good effort. Today's training was:

Romanian Deadlift
    bar x10 W/U
    bar x10 W/U
    95x5 W/U
    135x3
    185x3
    225x3
    275x3
    330x2

Alternate Dumbbell Curl
    20x10 W/U
    45x10
    45x10
    45x6

Dip
    bw +50x8
    bw +50x8
    bw +50x8

Burned an hour on this work. Spent an extra 5 minutes on the bike to get warmed-up; it was cold in the gym today. Romanians remained at 2 reps, and I felt fortunate to have gotten the two. Need to work harder here; I've got a long way to go to get to 365.

Curls didn't advance, but I got a good biceps pump, and although that's not an indicator of certain growth, it does indicate where the work is being done. Can't ask for a lot more feedback than that.

Was surprised again today that I was able to get my 3x8 on Dips. Wrists and hands squawked a little, but not enough to keep me from hitting my rep targets.

That'll do it for this week as well as for this current 3-weeks segment of training. Sherman will make his reappearance in here on Monday, signaling the start of another deload week of light training. Geez; these months fly past like weeks.

Made a big pot of chili for the Post-WorkOut meal and beyond, served with garlic toast and a glass of milk.

No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just turned the av's back on today and got to see your new one. Love the 3 plate squat picture Bill. I hope to put a very similar one in the next 3 weeks
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    I just turned the av's back on today and got to see your new one. Love the 3 plate squat picture Bill.
    Thanks, Dave. Figured I should get a shot of it while the gettin' was good.

I hope to put a very similar one in the next 3 weeks
    Good deal. Steady as you go.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

I don't know if it's cold where you are, Bill, but a large bowl of hot chili would be awesome over here right now.

We're covered in frozen snow, and got more coming throughout the weekend.

I don't know if it's cold where you are, Bill, but a large bowl of hot chili would be awesome over here right now.

We're covered in frozen snow, and got more coming throughout the weekend.
    It's been very cold here, down to single-digits at night the last couple of nights. It's warmed up enough for it to rain this morning.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

^ ^ ^ rain...
    the mention of it alone makes me a bit warmer

frigid over here

^ ^ ^ rain...
    the mention of it alone makes me a bit warmer

frigid over here
    Odd weather here, NoC; it was in the 60s yesterday with some scattered light rain; today, it's colder, and it's pouring the rain.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Page 221 of 274 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 271 ... LastLast