Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dreamer_ View Post
    I'm currently doing Bill stars 5x5 and 2x a week kick boxing. Would this be ok to do?

Also its christmas holidays and the gyms and rings are closed. So i cant do anything for 2 weeks bassically. As i don't have any weights. What do you suggest would be the best way to prep myself for endurance for when my next session of kick boxing starts in 2 weeks. I'm really unfit.
    The 5x5 program is good for strength but don't do this forever. Change it every 2-3months to things like Supersets or 2x6-8's to avoid muscle adaptability.

How long do your kickboxing sessions go for?

Yeah the gyms are closed I know. Good for me because I don't have to work lol. But bad for me to because now I have to resort to my home gym which is very complex.
    In the time before the gyms open again do lots of roadwork. HIIT, long-distance running, jump rope, shadow kickboxing. Do bodyweight exercises daily too just for 15 minutes even just to make sure you keep up your strength. Example could be:
    1 Set of Pushups until fatigue
    1 Set of Crunches til fatigue
    1 Set of Squats til fatigue

Just the basic to maintain your strength.
    As I said you can do the above endurance exercises and IMO the most important of these is jump-rope. You can buy a good one from K-Mart for like $4.00. I bought mine, good brand 'Weider' from K-Mart for $5.00. Top-qual stuff.
    Make sure it's thin, strong and plastic. I like them like this because if I miss a skip and it hits my legs, it hurts really bad and kinda teaches you to NOT MISS. Lol.

So just daily running, HIIT, those bodyweight exercises, jump-rope, practice your kickboxing and use the heavy-bag if you have one. No dramas if you don't have one. All these are good for endurance/stamina and for aerobic fitness.

Merry Christmas.

RichYoungXX2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RichYoungXX2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RichYoungXX2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RichYoungXX2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RichYoungXX2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RichYoungXX2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RichYoungXX2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RichYoungXX2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RichYoungXX2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RichYoungXX2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RichYoungXX2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What Can You Learn In 6 Months Training Using Your Routines?

Such if I Start getting into more of Boxing,what would likely be to know by July of 2008?

LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LUCKY_13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KrisWiggly View Post
    whats the best way to train for speed? other than adding wrist weights and ankle weights.

also is there any other way to speed up the process of making my left hit as hard as my right when switching to southpaw? other than just working a heavybag in southpaw stance?

know of any good vids on the net that have some good bag work routines? I used to train in a gym, but quit because of my schedule. now all i have is a heavy and speedbag in the garage...
    For speed I find the most effective thing is Plyometric training. I was fairly fast with my punching but after I read a book by Bruce Lee and his enthusiasm surrounding Plyometrics, I started doing them and my speed increased. Not just throwing a punching but also retracting it to block. If you want more info on plyometrics just ask or look it up.

MMM. As long as you are training both arms the same, they should both hit as hard roundabout. I can't really say anything specific except for what you stated 'hitting the heavybag in southpaw stance'.
    All I can say is if you want to hit hard and right in Southpaw stance, train in that stance on everything you do.
    If you want the same result in Orthodox stance, train that way.
    Train both of them, with the weaker side training a little bit more.
    If you can effectively changes stances and still fight well during a fight, that's a big benefit for you.

I don't know any vids on the net in particular but two places to go would be youtube and www.rossboxing.com
    All my vids are on dvd so I don't really look at training vids on net.
    Try www.rossboxing.com though, he has lots of videos and he is an awesome trainer with great knowledge and training techniques.
    Actually one, in particular is called something like 'working the heavybag'.
    I have seen it and it's really good.

Merry Christmas.

Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Also i did jump rope for like 5 mins the other day and my calves were killing me for around 5 days. i could barely work. I think it has something to do with the fact that i'm hitting the fast twitch fibers and they havent really been used in my calfs.

Would you have any idea what may cause this.

Originally Posted by RichYoungXX2 View Post
    What Can You Learn In 6 Months Training Using Your Routines?

Such if I Start getting into more of Boxing,what would likely be to know by July of 2008?
    Haha. I plan to be back in the ring for competition by the start of July 08. I have set myself 6 months from january. That's if my medicals all pass.

When I first started I trainining, I didn't enter the ring to fight an opponent for about 13-14 months since I started.

However, this was due school, studies, helping my dad at work etc.
    There are plenty of beginners who are well prepared for combat by 6 months time.

If you got into boxing, following what I would teach and giving 100% dedication, by July you would know how to jab, punch, hook, uppercut, block, move around the gym and do combos. Your fitness would have increased. Your speed would have increased so as would your hand-eye-foot co-ordination.

This is being at least 3 times a week for 60 minutes each lesson.

What you learn though in a time frame, depends on your dedication, your trainer and your actual ability to fight.
    Some people have it...some people don't...the ones that don't can get it but will take longer.

Originally Posted by Dreamer_ View Post
    Also i did jump rope for like 5 mins the other day and my calves were killing me for around 5 days. i could barely work. I think it has something to do with the fact that i'm hitting the fast twitch fibers and they havent really been used in my calfs.

Would you have any idea what may cause this.
    =s

It could be that. Do you ever work your calfs? If you don't you really should. Legs are really important.

If it's not this but it could be many things:
    *Your muscles have weak flexibility and you need to stretch more.
    *Your skipping technique is wrong.
    *You are jumping on a hard surface and/or aren't wearing proper footwear.
    *You have muscle damage that may have be seen by a medical professional.

If your techinque is wrong here are some pointers for beginners:
    *Jump with the feet close together, knees bent a little to avoid locking.
    *When you jump, the heels come off the floor first and then the balls.
    *When you land, the balls touch first then the heels.
    *Don't jump to high.
    *Wear proper footwear and don't jump on concrete or similar surfaces.

If you follow these tips and it still happens then, as said, you need to stretch alot more, build up your strength in the calfs and legs or see a medical professional because it could be something else.

Muscles always hurt when trying some new that's strenous but not for 5 days. That's getting bad.
    Make sure you eat right too and get enough rest.

JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    In your days as a boxing coach, have you ever had bodybuilders enter your gym and immediately, due to their size, think they're "the ****" - to which they then received a reality check?

I ask this because a lot of people think just because you lift, that you could beat anyone's ass...but a trained (and normal-sized) boxer could probably take on most untrained bodybuilders...or am I wrong?

AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by RoryOC View Post
    Any advice on a boxing or muay thai weight training program would be great.

Also I was wondering, naturally Im left handed and yet my trainer is training me Orthodox which is fine by me but will I still be able to pick Southpaw up with ease later on?
    then your trainer is retarded and you should get away from him. If your natural power hand is your left you need to train southpaw. Dont **** yourself up doing anything else. You need to learn the basic techniques in you proper stance. good luck

Originally Posted by JMav18 View Post
    In your days as a boxing coach, have you ever had bodybuilders enter your gym and immediately, due to their size, think they're "the ****" - to which they then received a reality check?

I ask this because a lot of people think just because you lift, that you could beat anyone's ass...but a trained (and normal-sized) boxer could probably take on most untrained bodybuilders...or am I wrong?
    Yes. Plenty.
    You get guys who come in with their friends. Punch the bag once. Kick it. Look around and at the training boxers. Giggle and say 'pfft' and act like they are Mike Tyson in a child's playroom.
    You don't often see them getting a reality check though because often they don't attempt to fight anyone or even train very much. They have excuses like "I don't want to waste my time..."......or....."if I fight you I'd really hurt you.."
    But you know if they go in they'd get hit hard and prob die. Lol.

Then there are other guys who come in, act the same but will have a spar with someone and get absolutely smashed around the ring.

In boxing strength counts...but so does speed and skill.
    People think because they are strong they are good fighters. No.
    Power is the main factor of boxing and Power is not the same as strength or speed. It's the conversion of both.

I have seen young 13-14 year old's who are a little built but are good fighters, smack up older guys like 19-20 year olds who are really built.
    Not often but I have seen it.

I don't think I have ever seen a really big, strong guy who actually knows how to box well...come in to a gym and act like he can beat anyone. Normally the really strong, built boxers come in...train hard...and leave.

One more story I have to tell is an old friend of mine, he is like 5'5...prob about 70kgs and a boxer. He would smash me like no tomorrow.
    The story is anyway we went to a club and he was playing up and some big, muscly security guard takes him outside. Fair enough.
    Except this guard doesn't want to just throw him out, he wants to beat him up. Anyway no lie, my mate knocked out this guard cold...but was bashed by 3 other guards who came at him for knocking out the first bloke.
    Anyway went back to the club couple of weeks later and this same guard is at the bar, and my mate walks right up to him and goes..."Hey! You're the guy I smashed. Big guy like you smashed by me. Hey mates this is him. The guy I told you I smashed."
    The guard just turned away and ignored him. Hahaha.

KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LUCKY_13 View Post
    For speed I find the most effective thing is Plyometric training. I was fairly fast with my punching but after I read a book by Bruce Lee and his enthusiasm surrounding Plyometrics, I started doing them and my speed increased. Not just throwing a punching but also retracting it to block. If you want more info on plyometrics just ask or look it up.

MMM. As long as you are training both arms the same, they should both hit as hard roundabout. I can't really say anything specific except for what you stated 'hitting the heavybag in southpaw stance'.
    All I can say is if you want to hit hard and right in Southpaw stance, train in that stance on everything you do.
    If you want the same result in Orthodox stance, train that way.
    Train both of them, with the weaker side training a little bit more.
    If you can effectively changes stances and still fight well during a fight, that's a big benefit for you.

I don't know any vids on the net in particular but two places to go would be youtube and www.rossboxing.com
    All my vids are on dvd so I don't really look at training vids on net.
    Try www.rossboxing.com though, he has lots of videos and he is an awesome trainer with great knowledge and training techniques.
    Actually one, in particular is called something like 'working the heavybag'.
    I have seen it and it's really good.

Merry Christmas.

I'm a big fan of lee and his philosophies! not only his physical but his spiritual as well. what book was it? sorry its just that everytime I try finding anything by him i always end up finding books ABOUT him...
    In Tyler I trust.

Originally Posted by AmericanManiac View Post
    then your trainer is retarded and you should get away from him. If your natural power hand is your left you need to train southpaw. Dont **** yourself up doing anything else. You need to learn the basic techniques in you proper stance. good luck
    Not necessarily. Plenty of good boxers train both stances because they feel comfortable with both. They step-outside the textbook.
    If he can train in both stances equally well and powerful I don't see the harm.
    If the trainer is forcing him to train in one stance and he finds it difficult then I'd suggest not doing it.
    But he has said he doesn't.

I'm a big fan of lee and his philosophies! not only his physical but his spiritual as well. what book was it? sorry its just that everytime I try finding anything by him i always end up finding books ABOUT him...
    The book I can't remember.
    I only remember it was all black and white with heaps of photos and diagrams and was really thick.
    I emailed the Bruce Lee Foundation people and told them what the book looks like and such and they said it sounds like the book called 'Tao of Jeet Kune Do'.

I am not sure though, I haven't seen it for a long time.

EDIT: The guy was a freak. I read about his strength and power and speed etc.
    He could apparently push a 105kg man four metres with his 1-inch-punch.
    He use to be able to split a can (old thick styled cans, not aluminimum) in half with a finger strike.
    Could do heaps of pushups with just his pinky and fore-finger of one arm.
    Is like the only movie-martial artist whose moves had to be slowered down instead of sped-up.
    Amazing...
    Last edited by LUCKY_13; 12-23-2007 at 09:39 PM.

JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JMav18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Anyway went back to the club couple of weeks later and this same guard is at the bar, and my mate walks right up to him and goes..."Hey! You're the guy I smashed. Big guy like you smashed by me. Hey mates this is him. The guy I told you I smashed."
    The guard just turned away and ignored him. Hahaha.
    LMFAO

AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AmericanManiac has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Not necessarily. Plenty of good boxers train both stances because they feel comfortable with both. They step-outside the textbook.
    If he can train in both stances equally well and powerful I don't see the harm.
    If the trainer is forcing him to train in one stance and he finds it difficult then I'd suggest not doing it.
    But he has said he doesn't.
    He said he was being taught Orthodox and he wanted to know if he would be able to pick up Southpaw LATER...this is inferring that he is not being taught southpaw at this moment. The right way to teach someone is in their comfortable stance. To make someone fight in their opposite position is 100% wrong. Also I dont know why he would do this because Southpaw fighters have a large advantage over orthodox fighters. I have been training with Muay Thai for many years so I know what Im talking about.

He said he was being taught Orthodox and he wanted to know if he would be able to pick up Southpaw LATER...this is inferring that he is not being taught southpaw at this moment. The right way to teach someone is in their comfortable stance. To make someone fight in their opposite position is 100% wrong. Also I dont know why he would do this because Southpaw fighters have a large advantage over orthodox fighters. I have been training with Muay Thai for many years so I know what Im talking about.
    Never said you didn't know what you're talking about.
    But to make someone fight in their opposite position is not wrong. Not if they feel comfortable AND as long as they equally train their normal stance.
    As I said, there are some real boxers who can fight really well in both stances, switching between them how they feel right.
    These boxers would of had one stance and learned to switch to the other one. Are these boxers wrong for being taught their opposite position?
    I think not.
    If you read my response to him also I said that if his trainer is ONLY teaching him the one way then it's bad but he should learn both ways.
    All respect to you, but I stand by what I know.

Never said you didn't know what you're talking about.
    But to make someone fight in their opposite position is not wrong. Not if they feel comfortable AND as long as they equally train their normal stance.
    As I said, there are some real boxers who can fight really well in both stances, switching between them how they feel right.
    These boxers would of had one stance and learned to switch to the other one. Are these boxers wrong for being taught their opposite position?
    I think not.
    If you read my response to him also I said that if his trainer is ONLY teaching him the one way then it's bad but he should learn both ways.
    All respect to you, but I stand by what I know.
    I never said knowing both stance was bad because I know that its actually an advantage. The thing is he was saying that his trainer was teaching him orthodox and not southpaw. Im saying that wrong. I dont know what else your talking about because to teach someone the stance they are not comfortable with is a waste of time. They need to be taught in their comfortabe stance first.

I never said knowing both stance was bad because I know that its actually an advantage. The thing is he was saying that his trainer was teaching him orthodox and not southpaw. Im saying that wrong. I dont know what else your talking about because to teach someone the stance they are not comfortable with is a waste of time. They need to be taught in their comfortabe stance first.
    I think there is a bit of mis-communication here but anyway, goodluck in your Muay-Thai.

I think there is a bit of mis-communication here but anyway, goodluck in your Muay-Thai.
    yea we prob. got mixed up...good luck to you and happy holidays

3 Hours until Xmas...well for Australians anyway. >=]

KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KrisWiggly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    EDIT: The guy was a freak. I read about his strength and power and speed etc.
    He could apparently push a 105kg man four metres with his 1-inch-punch.
    He use to be able to split a can (old thick styled cans, not aluminimum) in half with a finger strike.
    Could do heaps of pushups with just his pinky and fore-finger of one arm.
    Is like the only movie-martial artist whose moves had to be slowered down instead of sped-up.
    Amazing...
    Yea and he was also one of the few martial artist who believed in great physical fitness and not only technique. alot of the MA's of the time only believed technique would always win a fight. He even got praise from alot of great BBers like Arnie and a few others.

He also was know to hold a V-sit for 30 mins or more.

anyway, back on topic
    In Tyler I trust.

andr0id is on a distinguished road. (+10) andr0id is on a distinguished road. (+10) andr0id is on a distinguished road. (+10) andr0id is on a distinguished road. (+10) andr0id is on a distinguished road. (+10) andr0id is on a distinguished road. (+10) andr0id is on a distinguished road. (+10) andr0id is on a distinguished road. (+10) andr0id is on a distinguished road. (+10) andr0id is on a distinguished road. (+10) andr0id is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is swimming a good supplement to a normal full body workout?

I have been jump roping Mon/Wed/Fri and I am considering adding in 2 days of running as well. What would you recommend when it comes to how often someone should jump rope and run?

Originally Posted by andr0id View Post
    Is swimming a good supplement to a normal full body workout?

I have been jump roping Mon/Wed/Fri and I am considering adding in 2 days of running as well. What would you recommend when it comes to how often someone should jump rope and run?
    Swimming is more of an endurance exercise because the resistance isn't as great as what is required for strength training. I recommend swimming though if you are familiar with it because it is a whole different impact of the body.
    It can be similar to a whole-body workout because you are basically working every muscle in your body almost.
    Just I wouldn't expect to get very big and/or very strong by just swimming.

Jump rope and run as much as you want...well...can handle.
    If you want to do one of these or both everyday, then go ahead. Though each session I would kinda recommend it like this:
    Beginner - 20-30mins
    Intermediate - 30-60mins
    Advanced - 60mins +

It really goes on your own personal level of fitness. I mean you don't have to push yourself so much that by the end you are dieing, but you should push yourself enough that you are fatigued.
    Lots of athletes do plenty of cardio each day, everyday.

Yea and he was also one of the few martial artist who believed in great physical fitness and not only technique. alot of the MA's of the time only believed technique would always win a fight. He even got praise from alot of great BBers like Arnie and a few others.

He also was know to hold a V-sit for 30 mins or more.

anyway, back on topic
    Yeah he was a machine.
    Apparently he died from an reaction to some painkiller he had or something.
    He was so strong, so fast and so healthy and something minor like that kills him. Poor guy.

I made this thread for Fitness Advice and Boxing Advice and I must confess something...

Today, Christmas day, I was the biggest hypocrite alive.

I don't think almost anything healthy has passed through my body today.

My meals have been stuff like chips, lasagne, chicken, potato salad, tim-tams, white-choc pudding, custard, rice cream pudding and egg nog and lollies and stuff.

I think my teeth are gonna fall out and my stomach explode.

You all about to see the fattest fitness instructor ever.

Haha Merry Christmas all!

RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    haha yeah I know what you mean, Ive been eating crap for the past two days, its christmas, time to give myself a break!

Im thinking of buying a boxing bag but I was unsure if i should get a normal boxing bag or a muay thai bag (not sure if thats there proper name, but the ones that stretch to the floor) what weight of bag should I be looking at getting? Ive got quite a solid/compact build so I was thinking not to light...?

Thanks for your advice!

PS: What part of Aus you from?

Originally Posted by RoryOC View Post
    haha yeah I know what you mean, Ive been eating crap for the past two days, its christmas, time to give myself a break!

Im thinking of buying a boxing bag but I was unsure if i should get a normal boxing bag or a muay thai bag (not sure if thats there proper name, but the ones that stretch to the floor) what weight of bag should I be looking at getting? Ive got quite a solid/compact build so I was thinking not to light...?

Thanks for your advice!

PS: What part of Aus you from?
    The kickboxing bags are more durable often because they are designed to take kicks as well. When you go shopping for one, the store should have a test-bag setup of each (Rebel Sport is very good. They have a model to tryout of each bag in store). Give each a go. Hit it. It should move enough that when left alone after being it hit, it will swing about 5 times. Even if they are little swings, long as you can see them it's aiight. If it's swing for like ages, then yeah it's to light.
    Also check to see if you get pain when punching it, in the shoulders, neck, etc because if you do then the resistance may be to strong.

I'm in Sydney, how about yourself?

RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoryOC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds like a good idea, Ive had a half hearted go at training with the bag at the gym (banana bags or whatever there called) and find that they feel kind of awkward to punch, might be cause the only time I have a go at it is when Im waiting on a bench or something and dont have gloves or wraps on. How much should I be looking to spend on a good bag?

Im in Armidale at the moment, spend quite a bit of time in sydney in darlington, between newtown and redfern.

saitham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saitham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saitham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saitham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saitham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saitham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saitham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saitham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saitham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok ive already started a thread about this, but i'm not getting many reps...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6226341

could you help me out?

thx

80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10) 80_Unframed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Joe Calzaghe believes lifting weights are evil and Floyd Mayweather simply trains with bodyweight exercises and little limited weight training as well, his daily training program is..

200 Sit ups
    200 Pushups
    200 Pull ups
    5 Mile Run
    30 minutes Rope jumping
    30 Minutes on the heavybag
    30 Minutes on the pads

Opponents of Calzaghe also lifted weights like Manfredo and Kessler. A science is more muscle can decrease stamina and speed and make you stiffer and less fluid.

What is your view on Old-school training, boxing coach ?

Gio132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gio132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gio132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gio132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gio132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gio132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gio132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what are plyometrics? do they give you faster punching speed?