Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by I dont work at Ballys View Post
    you said power walking burns more calories than running. would you like me to quote it for you? im sorry but that truly is ignorant. do you not see the huge error in that statement?
    I understand what I said, apparently you don't. I said it burns more calories than running. That's a fact. However in my next post I just said that I don't think power walking is going to become the cardio of the future. That's because most people don't enjoy doing it, including me. I think only one of us is looking ignorant.........and like I said earlier, your forum signature is perfect for you. LOL. Peace.
    2007 Lightweight Masters National Champ

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by drjoe View Post
    I understand what I said, apparently you don't. I said it burns more calories than running. That's a fact. However in my next post I just said that I don't think power walking is going to become the cardio of the future. That's because most people don't enjoy doing it, including me. I think only one of us is looking ignorant.........and like I said earlier, your forum signature is perfect for you. LOL. Peace.
    the fact that you think power walking burns more calories than running makes you a certified idiot. i dont even feel like trying to provide evidence to such a horribly misguided claim. enjoy being 5'4. LOLZ PEACE.
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drjoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the fact that you think power walking burns more calories than running makes you a certified idiot. i dont even feel like trying to provide evidence to such a horribly misguided claim. enjoy being 5'4. LOLZ PEACE.
    Well, I've obviously engaged in a conversation with an individual who is with a doubt spiritually misguided (and a few cards short of a full deck). I am therefore done debating with you. I believe that your bodybuilding accomplishments (which you have NONE) pretty much sums up the expertise that you have on the subject of training.

God Bless & Peace.
    2007 Lightweight Masters National Champ

chasn w8t's like its pu$y Jamps's Avatar
    Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000)
    you said power walking burns more calories than running. would you like me to quote it for you? im sorry but that truly is ignorant. do you not see the huge error in that statement?

Originally Posted by RU4A69 View Post
    What's with you lately?
    i haven't read too many of his post but if i was to go off of what he has said in this thread, then i'd say he's an azz give em one of these

PimPin Iron ain't easy, but i do it though...1 plate at a time. So watch how i Get'er done in my workout journal: http://tinyurl.com/

[][][]=\\=(>_<)=//=[][][]
    ................|
    .............../ \

mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    oh no he didnt

*triple finger snap*

I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jampsifit View Post
    i haven't read too many of his post but if i was to go off of what he has said in this thread, then i'd say he's an azz give em one of these

or you could just mind your own business and save your cartoon pictures for the teen forum.

Originally Posted by mAssholio View Post
    oh no he didnt

*triple finger snap*
    hehehe

Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000) Jamps is just really nice. (+1000)
    or you could just mind your own business and save your cartoon pictures for the teen forum.
    Or u can mind it for me in person...and i'll save my "cartoon pictures" for the teen forum when u stop acting like u from the teen forum
    PimPin Iron ain't easy, but i do it though...1 plate at a time. So watch how i Get'er done in my workout journal: http://tinyurl.com/

................|
    .............../ \

Thumbs down

Or u can mind it for me in person...and i'll save my "cartoon pictures" for the teen forum when u stop acting like u from the teen forum
    i dont even know what that's supposed to mean. "mind it for you in person" would you like to go on a date? sorry im taken sweetheart. if you spent any time here you'd see im one of the most intelligent contributors to the exercise section. i almost feel "cocky" saying it, but i dont because its true.

Registered User gountilfailure0's Avatar
    gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gountilfailure0 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    power walking doesnt burn more calories lol i guess it depends what u call running though

Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    who said the distance is a flat line? you're comparing apples to oranges.. OBVIOUSLY on a flat surface, slow walking isn't as effective as faster running.
    incline walking can easily burn more calories and be more intense than average speed of flat running..
    and at the end of the day, running is **** on your knees.
    I definately agree with this....incline walking can smoke you.

Originally Posted by Melissa01 View Post
    I definately agree with this....incline walking can smoke you.
    of course it can. the higher the incline, the more its like rock climbing. LOLOLOLZZ wow if you walk fast up a hill you burn calories. try running up the same hill. guess what? it burns MORE calories. all the semantics about how fast you're running and what incline you're powerwalking on is total horse****. try running a marathon and tell me how you feel when you finish. ok then.

i dont even know what that's supposed to mean. "mind it for you in person" would you like to go on a date? sorry im taken sweetheart. if you spent any time here you'd see im one of the most intelligent contributors to the exercise section. i almost feel "cocky" saying it, but i dont because its true.
    i was suggesting that i'd like to treat u to lunch sometime and yeah i know u contribute a junk load (or at least post a lot in here) since i usually just skim through various threads in this section rather than reading everything due to so much redundancy.

Also, Like i said in the previous post, if i were to just go off of what i read in this thread then i'd jump to the conclusion that ur an azz and sucker punch u...

................|
    .............../ \

Thumbs down

i was suggesting that i'd like to treat u to lunch sometime and yeah i know u contribute a junk load (or at least post a lot in here) since i usually just skim through various threads in this section rather than reading everything due to so much redundancy.

Also, Like i said in the previous post, if i were to just go off of what i read in this thread then i'd jump to the conclusion that ur an azz and sucker punch u...
    well that speaks volumes about you. k i declare this e-battle over. who ****ing cares....

Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Melissa01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Wink

of course it can. the higher the incline, the more its like rock climbing. LOLOLOLZZ wow if you walk fast up a hill you burn calories. try running up the same hill. guess what? it burns MORE calories. all the semantics about how fast you're running and what incline you're powerwalking on is total horse****. try running a marathon and tell me how you feel when you finish. ok then.
    well i think running is just too hard on my knees...I am trying stay fit without doing any extra harm is all.

well i think running is just too hard on my knees...I am trying stay fit without doing any extra harm is all.
    running (or jogging) is more natural and better for your joints than "power walking"

sorry, you do whatever you want. i just train people for a living, so dont worry about lil ol' me

well that speaks volumes about you. k i declare this e-battle over. who ****ing cares....
    i guess i should have added a smiley face @ the jump to conclusions part....

anyways, invite me to ur gym sometime when u get an extra/spare pass.
    Last edited by jampsifit; 09-28-2007 at 06:10 PM.

................|
    .............../ \

I agree w/ u....assuming that the individual is a female with certain features (like heavy up top and down below) or a person who is just heavy in general.

................|
    .............../ \

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    running (or jogging) is more natural and better for your joints than "power walking"
    Hear that folks? Stop walking and RUN your way to joint health!!!!!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

Hear that folks? Stop walking and RUN your way to joint health!!!!!
    dude you need a ****ing head check. (i usually agree with what you have to say, lets keep that in mind)

powerwalking places an extra stress on the knee joiint due to guess what....shear force, due to what....the pressure caused from stopping yourself abruptly from walking at a quick pace. jogging, or running, is the natural line of force for your joints. whether you want to believe that or not does no harm to me. i only ask you to open your mind to other possibilities...but by all means, do your thing DAWG.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    dude you need a ****ing head check. (i usually agree with what you have to say, lets keep that in mind)

powerwalking places an extra stress on the knee joiint due to guess what....shear force, due to what....the pressure caused from stopping yourself abruptly from walking at a quick pace. jogging, or running, is the natural line of force for your joints. whether you want to believe that or not does no harm to me. i only ask you to open your mind to other possibilities...but by all means, do your thing DAWG.
    So then, is it the "quick pace" which causes the joint stress, or is it the incline?

I was unaware that we had agreed that "powerwalking" must needs be at a quick pace; as just walking with a weighted backpack or at a steep incline needn't be quick to be taxing.

Sorry I was rude, I took your post to mean that running is better for your joints than walking at a regular pace. I don't understand how incline walking would disrupt your "natural line of force."
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

Exclamation

So then, is it the "quick pace" which causes the joint stress, or is it the incline?

I was unaware that we had agreed that "powerwalking" must needs be at a quick pace; as just walking with a weighted backpack or at a steep incline needn't be quick to be taxing.

Sorry I was rude, I took your post to mean that running is better for your joints than walking at a regular pace. I don't understand how incline walking would disrupt your "natural line of force."
    jesus christ this has to be the dumbest argument i've ever been in. you're right, im right, who ****ing cares.