Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looks like the yellow wins!!! have to say I will be changing from all whites to the whole egg, looking forward to it love the yellow

GOTTA LOVE WORDS OF WISDOM!!!
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by biggaz View Post
    Do you still do this ?
    NO!! hated it when I did I used to wash it down with beer.I would eat the raw eggs after working out with my gym rat friends back then.We would buy eggs and beer and sit around and see how many we could finish off before we couldnt hold them down anymore .It was a good laugh and we had a good time doing it.Very filling to the stomach raw eggs and beer you should try it!
    Last edited by BIG GUNNS; 02-02-2008 at 12:40 PM.

biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

Originally Posted by BIG GUNNS View Post
    NO!! hated it when I did I used to wash it down with beer.I would eat the raw eggs after working out with my gym rat friends back then.We would buy eggs and beer and sit around and see how many we could finish off before we couldnt hold them down anymore .It made for a laugh and we had a good time doing it.Very filling to the stomach raw eggs and beer you should try it!
    LOL. Hhhmmm. Raw eggs washed down with guiness ;-)
    THERE AINT NO CAN'T......
    Micky, Rocky II

dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dartol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    From what I have read, eating cholesterol does not raise cholesterol levels. Do a search for articles here on bodybuilding.com there is a lot of good stuff to read.

Darren
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

I'm back, visit my new journal! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=455993991

euroman is on a distinguished road. (+10) euroman is on a distinguished road. (+10) euroman is on a distinguished road. (+10) euroman is on a distinguished road. (+10) euroman is on a distinguished road. (+10) euroman is on a distinguished road. (+10) euroman is on a distinguished road. (+10) euroman is on a distinguished road. (+10) euroman is on a distinguished road. (+10) euroman is on a distinguished road. (+10) euroman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I read it's ok, if you have 1 for every 4 egg whites. I only eat 2 to 3 a week.
    Be true to yourself and don't live in fear.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm currently trying to drop my body fat. But I wanted to do it differently than before. I want to see if I can do it not only w/o losing muscle but actually gain a bit. In addition to lifting heavy and eating at a smaller surplus, I've been eating 6 to 10 eggs a day.

I've lost over an inch in my waist but my weight has only decreased by a few pounds. The last time my waist shrank that much, the corresponding weight loss was about 10 lbs... So I MUST be gaining SOME muscle. Plus people are telling me that I look bigger. I don't think it's 100% due to the eggs but I definitely feel they help.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eating the whole egg will not raise your cholesterol in spite of what some say. The yolk contains lecithin among other goodies, which helps to carry fat out of the body; it's a fat emulsifier, if I'm not mistaken.

I used to eat up to ten whole eggs a day years back and my cholesterol was actually lower at the end of a six-month period than when I started. And, as eggs DO come prepackaged in a nice little white or brown shell, I think that it's Mother Nature's way of saying eat the whole damn thing. Granted, the egg white does contain more protein, but I believe that both egg and yolk together have a synergistic effect and that's why they're so effective as a protein source.

Bottom line: Unless you're allergic to eggs, you should eat them whole. Fry them, poach them, hard-boil them; it's all good.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I recently stopped eating the yolks because in the past year my LDL cholesterol went from 113 to 146. I had to drop the yolks because they were contributing 5g of saturated fat to my diet every day. Dropping the yolks and adding in even more good fats and fiber is about all the tweaks left in my diet since I already eat very clean. We'll see in 6 months if it makes a difference.
    "Don't worry, you'll pass out before you die."

"Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win."

Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am pro yolk.

For those that love eggs, find a emu farmer and see if they will sell you those. My dad raised them on his farm in is twilight years and brought a couple home one time. I think we ate scrambled eggs for a week from one egg... lol

I guess what I'm saying is, I see everyone eating 10-12 eggs ina sitting. Try one emu egg for a challenge.. lol!

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you are going to eat a dozen eggs...It might make a difference. IF you only eat 3-4 for breakfast dont worry with it..jmho

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    There really isn't that much fat in an egg, 3-4g.

Look at a Snickers bar sometime
    Exactly .. the scare is mostly because they contain cholesterol
    but as more studies are done it's obvious that cholesterol ingested through food has little to do with the cholesterol in your blood.. they contain a little saturated fat but not more than a steak for example
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by biggaz View Post
    LOL. Hhhmmm. Raw eggs washed down with guiness ;-)
    In Jamaica it's called simply "stout".... Guiness , eggs and condensed milk
    nutritious and disgusting i prefer to have all that separately

Originally Posted by wubby View Post
    I recently stopped eating the yolks because in the past year my LDL cholesterol went from 113 to 146. I had to drop the yolks because they were contributing 5g of saturated fat to my diet every day. Dropping the yolks and adding in even more good fats and fiber is about all the tweaks left in my diet since I already eat very clean. We'll see in 6 months if it makes a difference.
    Egg yolks are the good fats ..

Egg yolk will help you boost HDL which basically picks up the fat left in your arteries by the LDL and therefore lower your LDL numbers..
    Last edited by BrotherWolf; 09-04-2008 at 09:08 PM.

struggling with diet Geoff Richards's Avatar
    Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    here in Australia I can buy stout or I can buy Guiness,the stout not having such a creamy head.
    I do love a stout with salt and pepper added

wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Egg yolks are the good fats ..

Egg yolk will help you boost HDL which basically picks up the fat left in your arteries by the LDL and therefore lower your LDL numbers..
    I agree the the yolks have some good fats in them, but they have a high ratio of saturated fat to the others.

Don't get me wrong - I love the yolks and agree that there are many other great things in them. I was just stating that as someone with a very good diet to start with and rising cholesterol I had to search out and reduce the biiggest saturated fat contributors.

My HDL is already high, and my triglycerides are very good. It is just my LDL and especially my serum lipoproteins that are elevated.

My Dr. wanted me to start on high doses of Niacin and start on statins in 6 months of my LDL and serum lipos did not improve. I chose to work on my diet some more for 6 months first by adding more fiber and reducing saturated fat.

Now instead of 3 whole eggs, I eat more whites and a handful of almonds. Here is the yolk/almond tradeoff:

Egg Yolks:
    Fat: 15.9
    Saturated 4.9
    Polyunsaturated 2.1
    Monounsaturated 6.1
    Protein: 8.4g

Almonds:
    Fat: 15.6
    Saturated 1.2
    Polyunsaturated 3.8
    Monounsaturated 9.9
    Protein: 6g
    "Don't worry, you'll pass out before you die."

"Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win."

KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000) KDHunter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cholesterol can be very much genetic. If you are predisposed to it than you will probably run higher anyway, despite what you eat. My family all run a bit high and it is not their diets. Mine runs a little high as well.

Anyhow, I eat 3 wholes and 3 whites in the morning and do not worry much about it. doing that has not changed anything on me. Oh and the raw egg thing.. Hell no.. No point really and why gamble on Salmonella?
    KDHunter

CHARGER FOOTBALL BABY
    O35 5/8" Crew

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh, my God, that sounds good.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Exactly .. the scare is mostly because they contain cholesterol
    but as more studies are done it's obvious that cholesterol ingested through food has little to do with the cholesterol in your blood.. they contain a little saturated fat but not more than a steak for example
    You also can't make Testosterone without cholesterol.

Originally Posted by Geoff Richards View Post
    here in Australia I can buy stout or I can buy Guiness,the stout not having such a creamy head.
    I do love a stout with salt and pepper added
    In the US there are different stouts. There's Guinness of course but also Smith's Oatmeal Stout, Saranac Stout, Stone Imperial Russian Stout...
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50) m1k3g0rd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KDHunter View Post
    Cholesterol can be very much genetic. If you are predisposed to it than you will probably run higher anyway, despite what you eat.............
    I have to absolutely agree. Most people don't seem to be affected by dietary cholesterol, but I can say from experience that if you are predisposed to high cholesterol genetically, it does make a difference. I tried eating a fairly high protein diet throughout the beginning of this year, including 3-4 whole eggs a day and my cholesterol went up 40 points. I'm now back to chicken breasts and veg for most meals and only egg whites, no yolks. Plus I've added psyllium husk to my daily oatmeal & red yeast rice to my daily supps. I'm not going to start paying for prescription statins.
    John McCain:
    "You know, I think you may have noticed that Senator Obama's supporters have been saying some pretty nasty things about Western Pennsylvania lately. And you know, I couldn't agree with them more. I couldn't disagree with you. I couldn't agree with you more than the fact that Western Pennsylvania is the most patriotic, most god-loving, most, most patriotic part of America, and this is a great part of the country."

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's gangster.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Check out the Omega 3 eggs in your grocery section....the yolks contain far more good fats through good 'ole genetic engineering!! lol When I eat whole eggs, those are the ones I go for.

domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Test your OWN body to make sure

People have different tolerances for cholesterol.

Some people can get elevated cholesterol eating an egg yolk with 4 egg whites.

SOme people can eat 4 eggs with yolks and not elevate their cholesterol.

You can always buy cholesterol tests at the drug store. This way you can monitor your cholesterol intake by systematically testing against the foods you eat. You need to keep a pretty good journal to get best results.

IMO, taking advice from other people is not a best idea.

If you do your own testing then you'll know better how your OWN body handles cholesterol.
    HST is my choice of training
    http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/index.html

domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by m1k3g0rd View Post
    I have to absolutely agree. Most people don't seem to be affected by dietary cholesterol, but I can say from experience that if you are predisposed to high cholesterol genetically, it does make a difference. I tried eating a fairly high protein diet throughout the beginning of this year, including 3-4 whole eggs a day and my cholesterol went up 40 points. I'm now back to chicken breasts and veg for most meals and only egg whites, no yolks. Plus I've added psyllium husk to my daily oatmeal & red yeast rice to my daily supps. I'm not going to start paying for prescription statins.
    Right on, the statins can have some serious side effects. Statin drugs maybe overkill in many situations. IMO, natural remedies at all costs, if possible.
    HST is my choice of training
    http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/index.html

oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Someday View Post
    Check out the Omega 3 eggs in your grocery section....the yolks contain far more good fats through good 'ole genetic engineering!! lol When I eat whole eggs, those are the ones I go for.
    I've been using Omega eggs and food a lot. These are a great source and should be implemented in every bber's diet!

Originally Posted by domineaux View Post
    People have different tolerances for cholesterol.

Some people can get elevated cholesterol eating an egg yolk with 4 egg whites.

SOme people can eat 4 eggs with yolks and not elevate their cholesterol.

You can always buy cholesterol tests at the drug store. This way you can monitor your cholesterol intake by systematically testing against the foods you eat. You need to keep a pretty good journal to get best results.

IMO, taking advice from other people is not a best idea.

If you do your own testing then you'll know better how your OWN body handles cholesterol.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good stuff!
    CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH "SIMPLYSHREDDED"
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/ed-cook-interview.html

2009 Bodyspace Member of The Year!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

Originally Posted by Mr. Someday View Post
    No actually I believe it's all about what they eat, they are not genetically modified.

It might not last long the egg farmers are using the omega3 label and apparently only the omega3 from fish and oily fish has the capacity or reducing cholesterol... just saying here not starting anything

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2966841.shtml
    and the other side(note this study was financed by a egg producer)
    http://www.nutraingredients.com/Rese...al-trial-boost

I say.. as long that you don't over indulge eat your eggs whole, eggs are supposed to be part of our diet but not if it becomes one of the main foods we eat. Too much anything will cause problems even veggies
    Last edited by BrotherWolf; 09-05-2008 at 10:52 AM.

oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No actually I believe it's all about what they eat, they are not genetically modified.

It might not last long the egg farmers are using the omega3 label and apparently only the omega3 from fish and oily fish has the capacity or reducing cholesterol... just saying here not starting anything

Too much anything will cause problems even veggies

That's my understanding as well on the eggs.

Funny thing about "too much of anything". I was watching the news a few years ago and a lady died from carottene poisoning! She was on a strict diet of carrot juice. They said she was the color of BRIGHT ORENGE when they found her!!!!
    CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH "SIMPLYSHREDDED"
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/ed-cook-interview.html

2009 Bodyspace Member of The Year!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

Originally Posted by oldsuperman View Post
    That's my understanding as well on the eggs.

Funny thing about "too much of anything". I was watching the news a few years ago and a lady died from carottene poisoning! She was on a strict diet of carrot juice. They said she was the color of BRIGHT ORENGE when they found her!!!!
    I rememebr that.. what an idiot.. she was trying to get a better tan

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I've been eating a couple dozen whole eggs a week for 15 years, and so far, no problems. I think it's genetic, whether or not dietary cholesterol causes a rise in blood cholesterol. It hasn't for me. And, as Mr. Bear posted, cholesterol is the raw material from which the body manufactures testosterone, among other hormones. Try doing without that!
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AloneIStand View Post
    What do you guys and gals think? I read conflicting reports stating that eating the yolks do NOT cause high chloestoral, then I read others that say they do.

Whta does everyone think on this?
    Yes, the yolk has more cholesterol in it than most foods out there. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't eat them.

The egg in it's entirety is a great food especially for it's protein content among other things. But... ah this is the part I like, NOT, I do have problems with cholesterol. I love eggs so it has been difficult cutting back on them a bit. The good news is by cutting back on them, watching my diet, and exercising more has really brought the numbers down.
    "Respect, Honor, Integrity!"

Originally Posted by wubby View Post
    I agree the the yolks have some good fats in them, but they have a high ratio of saturated fat to the others.

Don't get me wrong - I love the yolks and agree that there are many other great things in them. I was just stating that as someone with a very good diet to start with and rising cholesterol I had to search out and reduce the biiggest saturated fat contributors.

My HDL is already high, and my triglycerides are very good. It is just my LDL and especially my serum lipoproteins that are elevated.

My Dr. wanted me to start on high doses of Niacin and start on statins in 6 months of my LDL and serum lipos did not improve. I chose to work on my diet some more for 6 months first by adding more fiber and reducing saturated fat.

Now instead of 3 whole eggs, I eat more whites and a handful of almonds. Here is the yolk/almond tradeoff:

Egg Yolks:
    Fat: 15.9
    Saturated 4.9
    Polyunsaturated 2.1
    Monounsaturated 6.1
    Protein: 8.4g

Almonds:
    Fat: 15.6
    Saturated 1.2
    Polyunsaturated 3.8
    Monounsaturated 9.9
    Protein: 6g

If anything it's worth a shot ... anything before medications