Closed Thread
Page 176 of 333 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 276 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,280 of 9967
    brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by maximuminc View Post
    Hi All,

Another ALL PRO's follower & on a clean bulk.

Just finished 2nd Cycle. Weights are excluding the olympic bar and in KG's

Bench - 55kg FAIL
    Squat - 55kg Pass
    Military Press - 25 FAIL
    SLDL - 50kg Pass
    Bent Over Rows - 25kg Pass
    Bi Curls - 30kg FAIL (not on olympic bar)
    DIPS - 10kg PASS

For the first cycle I passed all weights. I've been clean bulking while on this program, started at 66.3kg average weight for October (Started bulking begining of Nov) & currently average weight 68.6kg for current month. Calories started at NET at 2150, then December 2250 and now 2450.

Looking forward to a strong 3rd cycle - my aim is to replace my alcohol calories on the weekends with more nutrient giving foods...! Weight goal for next month is to finish on an average weight of 70kg while passing the Bench and Military presses.

Well done to all posting in here, some great results - keep up the good work.
    You think the dips might have assisted the failed BP and MP?
    If abs are made in the kitchen how come hardly any women have them?

maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by brake View Post
    You think the dips might have assisted the failed BP and MP?
    Yeah, very well could have - but I love dips so I've replaced the calve raises with them. I cycle anywhere between 300 - 600klms per month, so my legs / calves take a beating as it is.

If I don't pass the BP and MP this cycle I'll drop the dips.

brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by maximuminc View Post
    Yeah, very well could have - but I love dips so I've replaced the calve raises with them. I cycle anywhere between 300 - 600klms per month, so my legs / calves take a beating as it is.

If I don't pass the BP and MP this cycle I'll drop the dips.
    Dips are awesome, I love them too. Currently not doing them and its hard not to.

YOu going to repeat the same weight for those two?
    If abs are made in the kitchen how come hardly any women have them?

maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximuminc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As hard and as backwards as it will feel - I'll do the same weight again for the BP and MP.

With Christmas being in the middle of the second cycle I didn't get to do ALL of the Medium & Light days - so that may have caused the failures also.

Looking forward to the next 5 weeks though, can't wait to get back down to 8 reps...!

WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dcbawden View Post
    I am starting cycle 1 week 5 on Monday. My problem is a friend from work wants to start going to the gym at lunch for about 20-30 mins, I want to encourage this and his progress and go with him. My question is 20-30 min isn't enough time to do the whole routine so if I do part of it at lunch would I just finish it up after work? That would be an really short workout after work, is there something I can add after work to make it feel more productive?
    That's fine.

Add two sets of weighted crunches and two sets of hanging leg raises at the end of your workout to make it ''feel'' more productive.

WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TangoT View Post
    Hi i'm currently in cycle 3 of AP and it's going great, however I have noticed my right arm is getting bigger than my left and am wanting to fix this. I think this might be due to improper form using the barbells, perhaps bench press and OHP with dumbells? isolated left arm exercises?
    Drop the curls for the next cycle. Measure both arms at the start and the end of the cycle. Measure first thing in the morning cold and flexed. Post them here or PM me once done.

Personal Best: 18 miles runningregime's Avatar
    runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Changed my gym. Started this program today. I love it!

Squats: 5kg plates both sides, forgot the weight of the barbell.
    Bench Press: 35kg
    Bent-Over Row: 28kg
    OHP: 17kg
    SLDL: 28kg
    Barbell Curls: 12kg
    Calves: 5kg (It was a new machine, I didn't bother trying different weights. Pretty sure could do 15-20kg)
    It's just bodybuilding... y u heff to be mad?

Bulking on Candito Linear Program (Strength/Hypertrophy).

1RM Deadlift - 130kg
    5RM Squat - 110kg
    5RM Bench - 90kg (with spot)

666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm sorry for all the latest dumb questions, but i have just one more :-).
    Can't get my hands on a standard 0.5Kg weight plate, apparently it starts only from 1.25Kg here in Israel! will this have an effect on every cycle's weight progression? in terms of rounding up or down.
    the setting i currently have is 4X1.25KG, 2X2.5KG, 2X5KG, 2X10KG, 2X15KG= 70Kg total --> starting with bar's size so i can get the technique first...

steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 666pluto View Post
    I'm sorry for all the latest dumb questions, but i have just one more :-).
    Can't get my hands on a standard 0.5Kg weight plate, apparently it starts only from 1.25Kg here in Israel! will this have an effect on every cycle's weight progression? in terms of rounding up or down.
    the setting i currently have is 4X1.25KG, 2X2.5KG, 2X5KG, 2X10KG, 2X15KG= 70Kg total --> starting with bar's size so i can get the technique first...
    If you dont have access to micro plates, another option is to use chains. You can pick these up at your local hardware store and just weight out 250 grams of chain and put them on your barbell when needed.

Many others have gone through the program with no micro plates and have just rounded down when required(me included), but you could either use the chains or try and purchase some micro plates online and get them delivered for example here(im sure there would be lots of other places as well) http://gymequipment.uk.com/product/o...-micro-plates/

666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by steelmonkey View Post
    If you dont have access to micro plates, another option is to use chains. You can pick these up at your local hardware store and just weight out 250 grams of chain and put them on your barbell when needed.

Many others have gone through the program with no micro plates and have just rounded down when required(me included), but you could either use the chains or try and purchase some micro plates online and get them delivered for example here(im sure there would be lots of other places as well)
    great idea, thanks :-).
    i will use chains as micro plates, cheap & easy to find.

jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JMS72 View Post
    Have done both ways before - go for the heavier weight, if it feels to much change down and carry on - it's up to you really, it's not gonna make a big difference
    Originally Posted by MarauderBB View Post
    I round up on squats and sldl's, down on everything else.
    Thanks, for the input.

I understand alterations to the workout are strongly discouraged, but would it be possible to do my squats in a rep range that promotes strength (5-8) over hypertrophy (8-12)?

MackemSLAM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have started this routine at home, just done my first day yesterday after a couple of test runs to gauge the correct starting weights.

I have one problem in that I don't have a squat rack / stand and won't be getting one for another three or four weeks.

This means I can't squat as much as I would like as I have to lift the barbell up off the floor and over my head into the squat position, then do the reverse afterwards.

This means I can only squat 35kg when I'm fairly sure this would be 50kg or more with a rack.

How should I manage this? If my squat stand arrives mid-cycle, should I up the weight mid cycle? Should I increase the reps?

I think my plan at the minute is to not reduce the weight (for my squat only) on the medium and light days. Is that wise?

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MackemSLAM View Post
    I have started this routine at home, just done my first day yesterday after a couple of test runs to gauge the correct starting weights.

I have one problem in that I don't have a squat rack / stand and won't be getting one for another three or four weeks.

This means I can't squat as much as I would like as I have to lift the barbell up off the floor and over my head into the squat position, then do the reverse afterwards.

This means I can only squat 35kg when I'm fairly sure this would be 50kg or more with a rack.

How should I manage this? If my squat stand arrives mid-cycle, should I up the weight mid cycle? Should I increase the reps?

I think my plan at the minute is to not reduce the weight (for my squat only) on the medium and light days. Is that wise?
    No just redo your 10 rep max at the end of the cycle.

matt393 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Hi guys, just checking in as I haven't posted in a while.

Passed Cycle 4 Week 5 half an hour ago, really pleased as I failed overhead press and curls last cycle so I repeated the weight. Kinda surprised I passed actually as I've failed on them both again in the past couple of weeks.
    One thing I did change was a bigger rest in between sets, probably 2 - 3 minutes (hope this is ok...!)

Stats so far in kg:
    Squat - 49.5
    Bench - 48.5
    Rows - 48.5
    Overhead press - 30
    Stiff leg deads - 55
    Curls - 28
    Calf raise - 66

I'm looking forward to starting Cycle 5 next week doing only 8 reps (bliss).

My weight loss went in the wrong direction over Christmas, 4lb in the wrong direction to be precise. Lost most of it again now so I'm ready to start eating right again, my long term goal is my honeymoon in Hawaii in August this year. I want to be around 13 stone. After that I plan to start bulking and possibly wave goodbye to this routine and start Kelei's intermediate.

Keep up the good work fellas, some great inspiration in this thread.

Originally Posted by jampot1 View Post
    Thanks, for the input.

I understand alterations to the workout are strongly discouraged, but would it be possible to do my squats in a rep range that promotes strength (5-8) over hypertrophy (8-12)?
    You could start with any rep range and finish with any rep range you wanted. The reason for the 8-12 is to split the gains between size/strength. 4-8 or 5-9 will be fine.

johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnlou1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Break between sets

I am noticing I am getting out off the gym in under 45 to sometimes 30 minutes. I am attributing that to possibly low rest period between each set. But I'm concerned that somehow maybe I am doing it incorrectly? How much time does everyone here take between sets?

MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cycle 5 week 2 heavy day in the books, OHP was a struggle already all other lifts were no problem. I actually upped my BOR's by 20% this cycle as they started far to light.

Originally Posted by johnlou1983 View Post
    I am noticing I am getting out off the gym in under 45 to sometimes 30 minutes. I am attributing that to possibly low rest period between each set. But I'm concerned that somehow maybe I am doing it incorrectly? How much time does everyone here take between sets?
    It depends which day and what week you are in, however for me typically my heavy day is 45 minutes where as my medium and light tends to be 35-40. However once in the 11 and 12 rep weeks I am finding heavy days are pushing closer to an hour.

alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For those of you who have been on this pogram for a while (4+ cycles) was there a certain cycle that was really tough? really easy? all about the same?
    Trample the weak...Conquer the strong...Hurdle the dead

Former 400+ Guy

Current Program: Cycle 4 of AllPro's beginner routine

Dec 1st - Mar 1st Transformation Participant

Starting Weight - 393.2 lbs (Dec 1st)
    Current Weight - 351.6 lbs (Feb 24th)
    ----------------------------------
    Total Weight Loss - 41.6 lbs

Ending Goal Weight: 340.0 lbs
    Ending Weight: ???

PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by alacriTEA View Post
    For those of you who have been on this pogram for a while (4+ cycles) was there a certain cycle that was really tough? really easy? all about the same?
    I've completed 6 cycles, and every cycle was basically wave-like in terms of toughness. Weeks 1-2 would be fairly tolerable, week 3 would be tough, then Weeks 4-5 is where you are really put to the test!

Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cycle 1, week 1, Day 1 in the bag! I know it goes against all the advice, but I added 2 sets of pull ups - I'm prepared to drop them if things start going south, but I don't think I can give them up!

MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by alacriTEA View Post
    For me Cycle 2 was tough, I failed 2 lifts cycle 3 and 4 had no issues and now so fat 2 weeks into Cycle 5 and its been by far the most taxing.

Originally Posted by Jimmer74 View Post
    Cycle 1, week 1, Day 1 in the bag! I know it goes against all the advice, but I added 2 sets of pull ups - I'm prepared to drop them if things start going south, but I don't think I can give them up!
    Just make sure you do them at the end of the routine that way you are less likely to hurt other lifts, then worst case if you fail one of the sets its a minor issue.

jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jampot1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WestOz View Post
    You could start with any rep range and finish with any rep range you wanted. The reason for the 8-12 is to split the gains between size/strength. 4-8 or 5-9 will be fine.
    I didnt realise that. Ill do 4-8 for just my squats then. Thanks

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The only thing about changing the reps is that you are losing the volume. In previous posts All Pro recommends doing the program with the reps as they are for a few cycles and then reducing them to the lower rep range for the first four exercises. On doing this he states that you should add a third set for the first four exercises (to add the volume that you are losing) and drop to twice a week instead of 3x and lift heavy on both days.

As you are only wanting the lower rep range on squats, you may be able to just add a third set for them and keep the program as is.

Do a search under All Pro and rep range and you will get a number of posts that will help you decide what to do.

MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What are you currently squatting? The goal is to get around 25 reps - You could fry your CNS pushing heavy weights for 4 sets like that on top of 6 other exercises. You'll make decent progress up past 2 plates very quickly with 2x12. A lot of strength routines only do 2x10 or so as well.

kylenedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylenedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylenedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just finished my heavy day of my second week and during my squats something felt really weird on the inside of my thigh close to the crotch area I don't know if this is just me not being flexible or what's up? Any ideas?

Originally Posted by MarauderBB View Post
    What are you currently squatting? The goal is to get around 25 reps - You could fry your CNS pushing heavy weights for 4 sets like that on top of 6 other exercises. You'll make decent progress up past 2 plates very quickly with 2x12. A lot of strength routines only do 2x10 or so as well.
    I can do 100kg for 2*5. I noted most strength program have fewer exercises, so I take on board your concern about over doing it. If its not recommended to reduce reps, ill continue as described by all pro in the orifinal post,

HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kylenedic View Post
    I just finished my heavy day of my second week and during my squats something felt really weird on the inside of my thigh close to the crotch area I don't know if this is just me not being flexible or what's up? Any ideas?
    I had this and it got worse and worse, turned out to be adductor muscle weakness. Time to hit the good girl machine at the end of your workouts. Or it's a hernia :P

dcbawden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just finished Week 5 after not keeping track of the weights or writing anything down (don't scold me too bad, i just wanted to see if i could keep some sort of routine for an extended period of time). So now I'm ready to get serious and keep track of my numbers and do this **** properly. I figured Day 1 of week 5 would be a perfect time to get my 10rep maxes, and start on the right track of writing everything down. If I could get some help analyzing my numbers and see what my weights I should start next week(8reps) with.

All in pounds
    Squats 45x10, 85x10, 160x12, 160x10 (could have done 12 but form started slipping, glad I stopped at 10 because afterwords*not during* my left knee was sore)
    Bench 45x12 65x12, 125x8(went too heavy), 115x10
    BoR 45x12, 55x12, 95x12, 95x12 (form slipped a bit on the last 2)
    SLDL 45x10 (I like to warm this one up) 115x12, 115x10
    OHP 55x12, 55x12
    URR 40x12 40x12 (could have probably done 50 but bar was in use and i was in a hurry)
    Calf 135x12 135x12

I was thinking about sticking with 160 on the squat because of my knee soreness, but I was thinking maybe using a knee brace may help.
    If it matters at all I'm 6'0 197lbs and 32years old (recovery is a bit slow at this age)

It is easy to figure out my new 10rep maxes on the weights I passed. My question is when you test on week 5 do you have to pass both 12reps? and also I only rest 45-60secs between sets, I don't have a lot of time to get this workout in after work.

krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by dcbawden View Post
    I just finished Week 5 after not keeping track of the weights or writing anything down (don't scold me too bad, i just wanted to see if i could keep some sort of routine for an extended period of time). So now I'm ready to get serious and keep track of my numbers and do this **** properly. I figured Day 1 of week 5 would be a perfect time to get my 10rep maxes, and start on the right track of writing everything down. If I could get some help analyzing my numbers and see what my weights I should start next week(8reps) with.

All in pounds
    Squats 45x10, 85x10, 160x12, 160x10 (could have done 12 but form started slipping, glad I stopped at 10 because afterwords*not during* my left knee was sore)
    Bench 45x12 65x12, 125x8(went too heavy), 115x10
    BoR 45x12, 55x12, 95x12, 95x12 (form slipped a bit on the last 2)
    SLDL 45x10 (I like to warm this one up) 115x12, 115x10
    OHP 55x12, 55x12
    URR 40x12 40x12 (could have probably done 50 but bar was in use and i was in a hurry)
    Calf 135x12 135x12

I was thinking about sticking with 160 on the squat because of my knee soreness, but I was thinking maybe using a knee brace may help.
    If it matters at all I'm 6'0 197lbs and 32years old (recovery is a bit slow at this age)

It is easy to figure out my new 10rep maxes on the weights I passed. My question is when you test on week 5 do you have to pass both 12reps? and also I only rest 45-60secs between sets, I don't have a lot of time to get this workout in after work.
    you failed 1,2,4 :-D by the book you have to repeat those (if its too heavy maybe you should remove 5-10lbs)

you need to get 10rm by doing it one time only (not 2 warmup 2 heavy), page 1 tells you how to get it.
    Cycle: 1 | Starting Weight: 200lbs
    Cycle: 2 | Starting Weight: 192lbs (+1 week, i finished in 6wks)
    Cycle: 3 | Starting Weight: 198lbs (Could be the holidays), I am also taking Nitrotech
    Cycle: 4 | Starting Weight: 198lbs (+2weeks on C2W5 insufficient plates), using Muscletech

"ad astra per aspera"

Closed Thread
Page 176 of 333 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 276 ... LastLast