Closed Thread
Page 101 of 334 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 9999
    The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by trapt1213 View Post
    Found an interesting note, I just thought it was funny not a Knowledge bomb because most of you probably already know this!

For those of you who watch what your eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans...

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans...

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION

We are ****ed for being American lol
    The reason we are so obese is not because of the above, its because:

#1 --- Americans are too lazy to ever think about their diet for the majority of the population. They would rather just pick something up while at work instead of spending two minutes making a sandwich instead of paying $1 for a double cheeseburger at McDonalds.

#2 -- Americans have no self concept of portion control. Look at the plates when you go out to eat.. look at the entrees and how much of a serving they give you. Most places will put up to 100-200g of carbs worth of pasta on a plate at a sitting. People will order dessert on top of this to only add to the rutkus.

#3 -- Choices for eating out are very limited to being healthy at all.. Whole Grains are slowly being introduced into some menu's, but for the majority of restaurants.. if you have ever worked in the food industry you would realize how many dish's are prepared and served. Working for Darden Resturants ( Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Smokey Bones.. etc) for the last 3 years really opened my eyes to why I prefer NOT to eat out, and why making my OWN food is not only cheaper, but 100% healthier and tastes better.

Bottom Line... American is not to blame for obesity, its the individuals, and the emphasis they place on their diets.. 90% of the people dont care, and only eat when they are *Hungry* and provide what they think is necessary just to get by. People who workout on top of eating a crap diet wonder why their results in the gym are also submax....If people ever considered how much bodybuilders or people who are into nutrition spend on groceries compared to an average American they would realize they could be saving more money, eating more food, and actually living a lot healthier life..

/rant after seeing three obese girls walking down the street smoking a cigarette...

trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    The reason we are so obese is not because of the above, its because:

#1 --- Americans are too lazy to ever think about their diet for the majority of the population. They would rather just pick something up while at work instead of spending two minutes making a sandwich instead of paying $1 for a double cheeseburger at McDonalds.

#2 -- Americans have no self concept of portion control. Look at the plates when you go out to eat.. look at the entrees and how much of a serving they give you. Most places will put up to 100-200g of carbs worth of pasta on a plate at a sitting. People will order dessert on top of this to only add to the rutkus.

#3 -- Choices for eating out are very limited to being healthy at all.. Whole Grains are slowly being introduced into some menu's, but for the majority of restaurants.. if you have ever worked in the food industry you would realize how many dish's are prepared and served. Working for Darden Resturants ( Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Smokey Bones.. etc) for the last 3 years really opened my eyes to why I prefer NOT to eat out, and why making my OWN food is not only cheaper, but 100% healthier and tastes better.

Bottom Line... American is not to blame for obesity, its the individuals, and the emphasis they place on their diets.. 90% of the people dont care, and only eat when they are *Hungry* and provide what they think is necessary just to get by. People who workout on top of eating a crap diet wonder why their results in the gym are also submax....If people ever considered how much bodybuilders or people who are into nutrition spend on groceries compared to an average American they would realize they could be saving more money, eating more food, and actually living a lot healthier life..

/rant after seeing three obese girls walking down the street smoking a cigarette...
    Oh I agree with you, I just thought it was funny. Because Americans probably spend the most on health and fitness equipment, gym Memberships but yet we are still the worst on the "scale" of health.
    www.CoachDireland.com

Trapt1213@Hotmail.com

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Spottydog View Post
    LOL
    More concerning is the effects on dopamine, really. as it is one important neurotransmitter.
    But again, this is 60g fasted. How many grams is Xtend again? (too lazy to get up and check container... just finshed killer back workout and death circuit in high heat, don't judge )
    There are 3.5g of BCAA per scoop of Xtend. So one would have to take 17 scoops of Xtend upon waking after fasting to repeat this posted study. For those that have worked with me you know I recommend 4-6 scoops of Xtend during training (3-4 for women) and an optional 4-6 scoops of Xtend throughout the day (3-4 for women). So you are looking at 8-12 total scoops max upon my recommendations.

Originally Posted by ironviolin View Post
    Hey Derek...just popped in to see if you could give me a few pointers on leaning the legs out...I'm five weeks out of the Lenda Murray show here...(VA) and will probably enter masters and the open...ended up putting on more weight than I thought most seems to be muscle..have been calipered frequently...eating tlapia, chicken and of all things gazpacho next couple weeks with oatmeal in a.m. and carbs after my two workouts...protein high...l.5 to 2.0 per lb lean mass body weight...I have series of pics taken last weekend to show where I'm at on my site: lesa is headed to the stage with music and muscle..(corny I know...) any ideas would be appreciated... doing cardio 2x daily treadmill slow in am and elliptical intervals later in day...thanks a lot...IRONVIOLIN
    The stepmill/stair stepper is now your new best friend! If you can replace your treamill sessions with stepmill/stair stepper sessions.

Originally Posted by Freakeee View Post
    I've been taking Xtend ( 6-8 scoops ) everyday for over a year now. I've put on 8lbs of lean mass in this time. I'm not saying that it's because of Xtend that I've gained this ,but it sure is a HUGE part of why I did it nice and slow without gaining any fat.

Now for the past 4 weeks i've lost 8lbs ( while still taking Xtend ) by lowing my cals and removing my carbs. I will hit 220 by the 24th to make weight and I owe it to Xtend for me not losing any muscle while doing so.

I'm getting more and more people drinking this stuff everyday just because of the proof I give . My father in Law is taking it and just did a 200km bike ride through the mountains for cancer. He loves it and swear's it's a major part of why he was able to go so far ( even during his training part ) without feeling ill or overrtrained.
    Awesome feedback!

Originally Posted by shinivan View Post
    marc, derek and anyone else here. Should i be concerned about artificial sweeteners like sucralose being too aparent on my diet. I mean with xtend and whey (pretty much all sweets i have in the day) since they are sweetened like that to keep calorie away. Ive heard so much that it screws your ability to process true sweets and may even impair to an extent your insulin sensitivity. Is this just media bogus? or is this true. Any clues or hints.
    Thanks
    I haven't seen any scientific studies show any negative effects from artificial sweeteners.

Originally Posted by Scivation View Post
    Nope. I eat sucralose like it is going out of style.

The ONLY issue is that there is one gram of carbs per packet. Buy bulk sucralose with no fillers.
    If artifcial sweeteners were bad for you Marc would be dead!

Originally Posted by asto_86 View Post
    is anyone besides me reminded of a no-bake cookie when mixing scivation sludge and oatmeal after a workout?? i love that combination
    Yup it tastes exactly like no-bake cookies!

lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Got a quick question for you guys.

I'm facing the issue right now where my left arm is close to .75" smaller than my right arm, and as far as I can tell it's mostly my tricep that's lacking, my left bicep is a little weaker but no by too much. At any rate, it sucks, but I'm not really sure of the best way to go about bringing it up to size though, so I'm wondering if anyone could offer any advice?
    HOLD UP BRO

I'm still curling in that squat rack.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lambpasty View Post

I'm facing the issue right now where my left arm is close to .75" smaller than my right arm, and as far as I can tell it's mostly my tricep that's lacking, my left bicep is a little weaker but no by too much. At any rate, it sucks, but I'm not really sure of the best way to go about bringing it up to size though, so I'm wondering if anyone could offer any advice?
    Utilize Uni-lateral work. Work more with Dumbbells and focus on bringing up that arm, maybe include a few extra sets of just that arm/muscle you are targeting, look into some occlusion training as well and strap up and pump it out to try and bring up one leg or the other.

I used this when I tore my MCL to try and bring up the strength in my left leg compared to my right which is superior in strength. I focus on doing 1 leg leg presses, leg extensions with one leg, Split squats with one leg, lunge with one leg etc etc...

Just bring what you can for your arms and hammer it out.

Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000)

This is actually perfectly natural. I would reccomend sticking to 2-arm exercises (barbell) rather than movements that alternate or let each arm work individually. This takes time to even out but if you get both arms working at the same strength level, their size will even out. In addtion, always make sure you squeeze with both arms equally and if you do choose to do some single arm movements, make sure you get the same number of quality reps with each!

It takes time!
    Last edited by Lando33; 07-21-2009 at 09:13 AM.
    Rob "The Reason" Moran
    Sales Account Representative
    Scivation, Inc
    WNBF Professional Natural Bodybuilder

Become a Fan of Scivation: http://www.********.com/pages/SciVation/159679338681

www.scivation.com
    www.primaforce.com

Questions? E-mail me at rob@scivation.com

Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Rob "The Reason" Workout - 7/20/09

Shoulders and Traps

Seated Hammer Strength Shoulder Press - 4 sets of 8-12 reps
    Seated Shoulder Press Machine (life fitness) 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Seated DB Lateral Raise 35x12 40x10 45x8
    BB Upright Rows 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Reverse Pec Deck Flyes 3 sets of 8-12 reps

Traps
    Standing BB Shrug
    225x15
    315x10
    405x8
    Standing DB Shrugs
    130x12
    140x10
    150x8

Cardio - 30 minutes of PWO cardio on treadmill
    Last edited by Lando33; 07-22-2009 at 07:59 AM.
    Rob "The Reason" Moran
    Sales Account Representative
    Scivation, Inc
    WNBF Professional Natural Bodybuilder

Become a Fan of Scivation: http://www.********.com/pages/SciVation/159679338681

www.scivation.com
    www.primaforce.com

Questions? E-mail me at rob@scivation.com

ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No it isn't. There are seven grams BCAA per two scoops.

I routinely take 10-14 scoops on an empty stomach and everything is fine with me. Nothing bad will happen. Hell, I probably take even more than that, LOL.
    MY apologies you are correct had a brain fart and threw the glutamine in there for some reason. So to get the 60 grams it would take 17 scoops.

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Beast Workout 7-21-2009

Deads+Delts+Traps

Deadlift
    445 X 3

DB Side Lateral
    50's X 8

1-Arm Cable Lateral
    60 X 8

Rear DB Lateral (Laying on Incline Bench)
    30's X 8

Reverse Pec Dec
    195 X 6

BB Shrug
    405 X 6

Xtend is the Greatest Scivation's Avatar
    Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Beast Workout 7-21-2009

Deads+Delts+Traps

Deadlift
    445 X 3

DB Side Lateral
    50's X 8

1-Arm Cable Lateral
    60 X 8

Rear DB Lateral (Laying on Incline Bench)
    30's X 8

Reverse Pec Dec
    195 X 6

BB Shrug
    405 X 6
    Two words come to mind...

"Photoshoot Bitches!!"
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On
    ********: http://www.********.com/scivation
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/scivation

MAX-OT-IVAN is just really nice. (+1000) MAX-OT-IVAN is just really nice. (+1000) MAX-OT-IVAN is just really nice. (+1000) MAX-OT-IVAN is just really nice. (+1000) MAX-OT-IVAN is just really nice. (+1000) MAX-OT-IVAN is just really nice. (+1000) MAX-OT-IVAN is just really nice. (+1000) MAX-OT-IVAN is just really nice. (+1000) MAX-OT-IVAN is just really nice. (+1000) MAX-OT-IVAN is just really nice. (+1000) MAX-OT-IVAN is just really nice. (+1000)
    My wife served me some of my own medicine this weekend and left me to work a show! She is Marketing Director for PGN Nutrition (www.pgnnutrition.com), a sister company of Scivation, and left me at home with the kids to go to Jen Hendershott's All Women's Weekend in Charleston, SC. WHAT A BLESSING! I am having the time of my life! Tomorrow we hit the zoo, but today we rocked the gym together (they LOVE child care there!), the park, a nature walk, baseball, running around like idiots, and also a long walk. They will sleep well! Here are some pictures from today with my kids!

Starting Monday, I pray that my wife will have the strength to live completely without me. I will be gone until mid October. I will list my schedule below. While I am flattered, this is all business and I am BOOKED, so I will not be able to roll with anyone. SORRY! But I am free to hang and roll and even get dinner at the Europa Super Show in Dallas. Hit me up at mlobliner@scivation.com if you wanna chill! Check this disaster and this shows that love and trust rule all, since my wife is always there for me and she trusts me. I am very blessed to have her. She is my life.

July 19-23: CT and NY with Europa
    July 26-28: Rob and I at VS conference in Orlando
    July 29-July 31: Houston with Nutrition Depot
    Aug 9-13: Boise
    Aug 13-16: Dallas at Europa Super Show
    August 17-21: GA with Europa
    August 24-28: N. FL. With Europa
    Aug 30-Sep 2: CANADA!
    Sep 3 -6: NC and SC
    Sep 7-9: MI with Europa
    September 14-28: ridealong with Kris in LA week before Olympia and then the Olympia
    October 5-8: Texas and Oklahoma with Europa

Kami LOVES green beans and ketchup!

Thomas GRUBBIN!

FUN TIME WITH DADDY!!!

LOL Awesome!!

Recipe for broccoli slaw,

1. Go to Wal Mart.
    2. Buy it.
    LOL Classic Marc
    -When there is no one left but God-those are the times we learn to know God-And REALLY know Him. The experience of loneliness is not easy to go through, but it is worth far more than the cost.

-I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun. Not because I see it but because through it, I see everything else.

-www.Scivation.com

-www.Scivationbooks.com

-Team Scivation

lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lambpasty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Thanks for the advice guys, I've got some ideas that I'll start applying taking that into account.

Also:

Originally Posted by Lando33 View Post
    Standing DB Shrugs
    130x12
    140x10
    150x8
    Yes jealous of 130lb+ DBs, my gym's go to 125
    HOLD UP BRO

I'm still curling in that squat rack.

Massive & Ripped @ 5'6" jacked in MI's Avatar
    jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by asto_86 View Post
    is anyone besides me reminded of a no-bake cookie when mixing scivation sludge and oatmeal after a workout?? I love that combination
    yummy!

Thanks for the advice guys, I've got some ideas that I'll start applying taking that into account.

Also:

Yes jealous of 130lb+ DBs, my gym's go to 125
    I only have up to 125's as well

neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I only have up to 125's as well
    My gym only goes up to 75's lol. What a joke.

P.S. Marc, Canada is a big place, could you specify where in Canada you are heading lol?
    Last edited by neilio85; 07-21-2009 at 11:22 AM.
    *Team Scivation Member*
    *Avid XTEND User*

Check out my Prep Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115952531

trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by neilio85 View Post
    My gym only goes up to 75's lol. What a joke.

P.S. Marc, Canada is a big place, could you specify where in Canada you are heading lol?
    It is for business, he probably won't have time to meet up and train ;p.
    www.CoachDireland.com

Trapt1213@Hotmail.com

neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neilio85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by trapt1213 View Post
    It is for business, he probably won't have time to meet up and train ;p.
    I was just wondering out of curiosity sake.
    *Team Scivation Member*
    *Avid XTEND User*

Check out my Prep Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115952531

Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was just wondering out of curiosity sake.
    Toronto area. I arrive Sunday and then fly home Wednesday and then I fly to NJ Thursday. Here is my updated schedule....

July 19-23: CT with Europa IN PROGRESS
    July 26-28: Rob and I at VS conference in Orlando BOOKED
    July 29-July 31: Houston with Nutrition Depot BOOKED
    Aug 9-13: Boise BOOKED
    Aug 13-16: Dallas at Europa Super Show BOOKED
    August 17-21: GA with Europa NOT BOOKED
    August 24-28: N. FL. With Europa NOT BOOKED
    Aug 30-Sep 2: CANADA! BOOKED NEED HOTEL
    Sep 3-4: Vitamin Shoppe NOT BOOKED
    Sep 7-9: MI with Europa NOT BOOKED
    September 14-28: ridealong with Kris in LA week before Olympia and then the Olympia NOT BOOKED
    October 5-8: Texas and Oklahoma with Europa NOT BOOKED
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironviolin will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking Moons Over my Hammies...

Hey Derek...took your advice...tried the stepper after my leg workout...will do another session tonight.. that and the diet I should have no problem getting ready for that show in five wks.. no worries...thanks for the input!!!
    NPA Pro Female Athlete of the Year
    2007 2008
    NPC National Level Qualified Competitor
    IRONVIOLIN1 Youtube channel
    Double-T Sports Femme Fatales

Massive & Ripped @ 5'6" jacked in MI's Avatar
    jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10) jacked in MI is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Toronto area. I arrive Sunday and then fly home Wednesday and then I fly to NJ Thursday. Here is my updated schedule....

July 19-23: CT with Europa IN PROGRESS
    July 26-28: Rob and I at VS conference in Orlando BOOKED
    July 29-July 31: Houston with Nutrition Depot BOOKED
    Aug 9-13: Boise BOOKED
    Aug 13-16: Dallas at Europa Super Show BOOKED
    August 17-21: GA with Europa NOT BOOKED
    August 24-28: N. FL. With Europa NOT BOOKED
    Aug 30-Sep 2: CANADA! BOOKED NEED HOTEL
    Sep 3-4: Vitamin Shoppe NOT BOOKED
    Sep 7-9: MI with Europa NOT BOOKED
    September 14-28: ridealong with Kris in LA week before Olympia and then the Olympia NOT BOOKED
    October 5-8: Texas and Oklahoma with Europa NOT BOOKED
    Hey Marc, so you will be in Michigan Sept 7-9? If so, will it be the Detroit area? Will you be meeting up with Sir Beast? -Jeff

Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000)

*cross-posted*

Guys, on Lean Mass CHA, if you find you're losing more than the 3-4 lbs initial water weight (like a lb in a week), what do you change first? Add 10g PWO carbs? Add another few oz meat and 10g more fat (e.g. 1 extra meal split in marcos with another)? Or just wait and see if it improves?
    (Derek, I sent you a PM, but again, you have so many people so I understand)
    KARMA; reps for life:
    matthor-derickonfire-ozfiz-xquick-meyer23-AllGenetix, Beast, Scivation, Lando33
    girl81-2 D-spot skater-djaeger3-in10city-Emma-Leigh-bballbrett5, jaim91, imfusio
    Not on the list? Don't worry! There's still plenty of chances to achieve good karma.

Originally Posted by jacked in MI View Post
    Hey Marc, so you will be in Michigan Sept 7-9? If so, will it be the Detroit area? Will you be meeting up with Sir Beast? -Jeff
    No clue.
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

Freakeee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by alaska21 View Post
    BCAAs work magic when dieting on low carb for sure. What was your dosage? I used do 4 scoops during workouts and 4 during cardio
    My dose then and still is 6-8 scoops ( depending on the flavor ) with 4L of water. I drink this all day and when that's done I use more.

Currently I'm on a low carb diet and water loading (for the next 3 days )with 2-3 gallons and each gallon has 6 scoops of Grape Xtend. Once my comp is over I will be going back to straight 4L with 6 scoops - I found this is the best for ME .

Sure does help me get my water in , especially when I need this much.
    Last edited by Freakeee; 07-21-2009 at 08:17 PM.

JGFN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Buy bulk sucralose with no fillers.
    Is $30 for 20 grams a good price? Or can it be found cheaper?

alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!

We always recommend 4-6 scoops of Xtend DURING training just as the study states and if you would like, 4-6 scoops extra throughout the day (optional!!) The Xtend study showed 9lbs lean mass gain and 4.5lbs of fat loss in 8 weeks with ONLY FOUR SCOOPS FOUR TIMES PER WEEK DURING TRAINING!! That is good enough for me!

Alaska is dead on. Listen to the man!!!

Yes! Saved me some typing! Beauty!

Yo Alaska, email you address to mlobliner@scivation.com. You get a FREE Blue RAZ Xtend on me for breaking it down with the knowledge bomb of the day!

For that matter, let's start a new thing. Everyday, the knowledge bomb of the day gets a free Blue Razzz Xtend. We will choose the bomb every morning.

Let's get smart up in here!
    Wow you rock man!! I will email you tonight (or tomorrow morning your time lol)

Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    Marc FTW! Too bad I am not a bio researcher like Alaska is....

-- I just noticed that I rock the same scale that you have for weighing food and the same one for your bathroom --
    Meh I'm a wannabe researcher working under PhD's hehe. You know your **** man!! Meant to tell you, this new PhD candidate came into our last a few months ago. He has a BS in organic chem, Masters in bioanalytics, getting PhD in biochem...and a 550 lb squat LOL. So sick to see other lifters at school! We talk about supps randomly and people wtf.

Originally Posted by shinivan View Post
    marc, derek and anyone else here. Should i be concerned about artificial sweeteners like sucralose being too aparent on my diet. I mean with xtend and whey (pretty much all sweets i have in the day) since they are sweetened like that to keep calorie away. Ive heard so much that it screws your ability to process true sweets and may even impair to an extent your insulin sensitivity. Is this just media bogus? or is this true. Any clues or hints.
    On a second note, marc, for the scivation pancake and brownie, do you add any sweetener there (specially on the pancake) to make it taste more like a pancake or is this a no-no? I been using 4 packets splenda per pancake (so less than 4g carbs as label says) is this a bad sweetener?

Thanks
    Don't fret sucralose and aspartame man. I could type up pages of the chemical processes and studies as to why I am not afraid of drinking diet soda...but who cares? I can sum it down to ONE sentence: TOXICITY IS IN THE DOSAGE!!!!!!!

The dosage of sucralose you get from chugging diet drinks all day is still very very small. To see ANY kind of damage they had to give rats the equivalent of a human drinking like a few 100 diet sodas a day...and I don't even think that study is that great to be honest..

Originally Posted by Freakeee View Post
    My dose then and still is 6-8 scoops ( depending on the flavor ) with 4L of water. I drink this all day and when that's done I use more.

Currently I'm on a low carb diet and water loading (for the next 3 days )with 2-3 gallons and each gallon has 6 scoops of Grape Xtend. Once my comp is over I will be going back to straight 4L with 6 scoops - I found this is the best for ME .

Sure does help me get my water in , especially when I need this much.
    I am going on the CHA in August...and will likely go up in the 12 scoop range just to protect my muscles. When I have carbs around...6-8 scoops is plenty for ME.

I have no doubt in my mind that on a low carb diet- BCAAs are essential to muscle preservation. Perhaps thats why we see some people get such great results with megadosing
    Your achievements in life mean NOTHING without aesthetics

Update Chest and Ab Pic from Today at 200lbs.

PROOF that Derek is a GURU!!

How the f do you still look like that and weight almost 50lbs. more than stage weight? I don't even know what to say.
    *Team Scivation Member*
    *Avid XTEND User*

How the f do you still look like that and weight almost 50lbs. more than stage weight? I don't even know what to say.
    Hey, all I did was listen to Derek. I never, ever, ever slip on my diet and this super high volume training has been working wonders!
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

Originally Posted by jacked in MI View Post
    To better answer this, I have no clue where I will be. I MIGHT find some time for Derek, but he understands that I spend all day on the road and then have to do my CEO stuff at night and train in the morning....early!

For example, I am off to the gym now and it is 4:10am. I will train, come back, shower, eat and work, then I will be on the road until 8 or 9pm. I then come back, shower, work until 1am or so, then go to sleep and wake up at 3:15am to handle international business and train.

I love Derek, but without what I am doing now, we both won't get paid! Derek is a greedy bastard. I asked him if he would like to hang with me for a day or get a paycheck and he chose the paycheck! That greedy piece of crap!!!

The truth is that Derek is a GURU. I am not worthy of being in his presence. Seriously. He is responsible for me gaining 50lbs in 5 weeks of almost PURE LBM. The man is a freaking genius!
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000) alaska21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have to ask this...its like 4:17 east coast time I believe. Marc is up posting getting his **** done like a badass!!

How much you sleeping these days buddy? Makes me feel like I sleep way too much LOL
    Your achievements in life mean NOTHING without aesthetics

Originally Posted by alaska21 View Post
    I have to ask this...its like 4:17 east coast time I believe. Marc is up posting getting his **** done like a badass!!

How much you sleeping these days buddy? Makes me feel like I sleep way too much LOL
    I went to sleep at 12:30, had a LOT of business last night and some international calls from Asia. So about three hours.....

Got your email pimp! Shipping this week!

There were no good knowledge bombs yesterday. So today, let's get smart and SILLAY.

Back day, I'm out bitches!
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

Closed Thread
Page 101 of 334 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast