Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lmao, the only proof for him fulfilling any of these prophecies comes from the same book as the prophecies.
    Hey idiot, Im knot knowing his style. Maybe his free. Maybe the dog in his crew, perhaps not....im not God or psychic idiot. Experience my neg.

Kithra is just really nice. (+1000) Kithra is just really nice. (+1000) Kithra is just really nice. (+1000) Kithra is just really nice. (+1000) Kithra is just really nice. (+1000) Kithra is just really nice. (+1000) Kithra is just really nice. (+1000) Kithra is just really nice. (+1000) Kithra is just really nice. (+1000) Kithra is just really nice. (+1000) Kithra is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hobo4president View Post
    Lmao, the only proof for him fulfilling any of these prophecies comes from the same book as the prophecies.
    Strong this

And this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8kOQ...e_gdata_player

C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C-Winger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Who exactly made these prophecies anyways?
    "Originally Posted by dr. hamstrung
    oh i get it, not even god knows what women want so he has to resort to the first wish, which was previously deemed too difficult. the task of summarizing what women want made the first one look relatively easy" - Post of the month.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3708511

*If you need subs, likes, or whatever, aware me crew*

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the_coverick will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_coverick will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_coverick will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_coverick will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_coverick will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_coverick will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_coverick will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_coverick will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_coverick will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_coverick will become famous soon enough. (+50) the_coverick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DepressedBrahh View Post
    heres a list of the prophecies that were fullfiled by Jesus if anyones curious.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Misce...prophecies.htm

wtf, just read the first one and lol'd. not sure if I should even bother with the rest of them. all it says is that there was a god before anything else, then god became flesh. that is a prophecy that dozens of deities have fulfilled.

also how is this website laid out? is the Hebrew verse the prophecy and the new testament the fulfillment? if so none of these are even close to related, at the very best one of them were vaguely related to the allegedly corresponding text in the new testament. I understand the need for feeling like there is something more than just this universe, but I can't help but be amazed at the mental hoops people will jump through in order to justify their superstitions.
    Texas A&M Class of 2014
    Computer Engineering brah

I rep back everyone

current/goal by january 1st (in lbs)

Deadlift: 295/345
    DB Bench: 75'sx6 reps/ 95's x 8 reps
    Overhead Press: 105/ 160

DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dietcola View Post
    People who dont believe in Christ... Just wondering how that is not a factor in believing in who He was? I thought it was pretty compelling when I found that out. Just looking for the other side of the coin.
    Music is my religion. Why should I pray to some god who tbqh has never done anything for me. I did notice a few years ago that the less I believed in this "religious god" the better my life became. I refuse to rest my salvation or live my life by something who I have to completely depend on through faith. I do what makes me happy and I do what makes those I love happy. I don't care about reading the bible, praying, going to church, bible study, living by the word of some man who wrote a book....etc. This whole religious facade is simply idiotic in my eyes. You are going to build multi-million dollar buildings to "worship" a man whom you have never seen any hard-evidence to prove the existence of.....then you are going to have these pastors who make more than I do...begging for me to give them money so I can hear more stories about this diety can tell me not to do socially unacceptable things or I will apparently burn in the depths of hell?

I stopped believing in god the day my sunday school teacher was poking fun at mormons for their "false beliefs".

There is as much evidence to the existence of a mormons god as there is to a christians god. Life is so much more enjoyable and relaxing when you find something you love and just embrace it. Not finding something you accept and embellishing it. You have christians cheating on their spouses, stealing, murdering, self-injuring.....doing everything that you would connatate a non-believer to doing. The only difference is that the Christian will take a few hours out of his day to preach to some holy spirit about how much he appreciates all the good he can do in the world.

I live for music and music alone. Music is my religion. It keeps me grounded and keeps me whole. It helps me express a side of me I would never show to the world. It has changed my life in more ways than anyone on this earth could ever imagine.

I don't need to ask some guy who apparently lives above me to make my life better. I'll make my own life better and live my life how I would like.

I don't have a problem with religion.....but I do have a problem with the fact that 98% of christians only claim to be christian so they look good in the eyes of society.

this is how I view life

dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Archangel_Lost View Post
    bible says man was made from dirt

man was obviously not made from dirt

inb4 OP tries to claim it was "metaphorical". If that's metaphorical, then one must assume the entire concept of the existence of a supreme being is likely metaphorical as well.
    Strong username to post... I am not claiming anything. Just asking questions. It is amazing the hostility when it comes to religious questions
    We have moved into an age, where tolerance, is valued more than truth.

Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I understand the difference, but explain... Even if you discredit the Messiah predictions, there is still many more He fulfilled outside of religion.
    All ears
    ( ' ' ' ) MISC RUGBY CREW ( ' ' ' )

Jesus Christ is GOD! DepressedBrahh's Avatar
    DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DiamondSwagg View Post
    Music is my religion. Why should I pray to some god who tbqh has never done anything for me. I did notice a few years ago that the less I believed in this "religious god" the better my life became. I refuse to rest my salvation or live my life by something who I have to completely depend on through faith. I do what makes me happy and I do what makes those I love happy. I don't care about reading the bible, praying, going to church, bible study, living by the word of some man who wrote a book....etc. This whole religious facade is simply idiotic in my eyes. You are going to build multi-million dollar buildings to "worship" a man whom you have never seen any hard-evidence to prove the existence of.....then you are going to have these pastors who make more than I do...begging for me to give them money so I can hear more stories about this diety can tell me not to do socially unacceptable things or I will apparently burn in the depths of hell?

I stopped believing in god the day my sunday school teacher was poking fun at mormons for their "false beliefs".

There is as much evidence to the existence of a mormons god as there is to a christians god. Life is so much more enjoyable and relaxing when you find something you love and just embrace it. Not finding something you accept and embellishing it. You have christians cheating on their spouses, stealing, murdering, self-injuring.....doing everything that you would connatate a non-believer to doing. The only difference is that the Christian will take a few hours out of his day to preach to some holy spirit about how much he appreciates all the good he can do in the world.

John 3:36 "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."
    Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven.

How to be saved - see link below.vvv

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html

dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000) dietcola is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DiamondSwagg View Post

I live for music and music alone. Music is my religion. It keeps me grounded and keeps me whole. It helps me express a side of me I would never show to the world. It has changed my life in more ways than anyone on this earth could ever imagine.

I don't need to ask some guy who apparently lives above me to make my life better. I'll make my own life better and live my life how I would like.

I don't have a problem with religion.....but I do have a problem with the fact that 98% of christians only claim to be christian so they look good in the eyes of society.

this is how I view life
    Your life is your life.. Live it how you see fit. I understand there is MANY different issues with religion.. I am just asking about this specific topic. Really not trying ot get into everything else. We could go on forever..

CosmicButtBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CosmicButtBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CosmicButtBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CosmicButtBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CosmicButtBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CosmicButtBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CosmicButtBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CosmicButtBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CosmicButtBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CosmicButtBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CosmicButtBear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, so said most of them were fulfilled. If he was the son of God why didn't he fulfill all the prophecies. Did he change his mind? lmao

Originally Posted by Kiwi_Fella View Post
    All ears
    I listed some earlier, and someone posted a link to all of them. You can sift through them and see if their are any that stick to you. If not, then they dont..

AGhostBehindUs is on a distinguished road. (+10) AGhostBehindUs is on a distinguished road. (+10) AGhostBehindUs is on a distinguished road. (+10) AGhostBehindUs is on a distinguished road. (+10) AGhostBehindUs is on a distinguished road. (+10) AGhostBehindUs is on a distinguished road. (+10) AGhostBehindUs is on a distinguished road. (+10) AGhostBehindUs is on a distinguished road. (+10) AGhostBehindUs is on a distinguished road. (+10) AGhostBehindUs is on a distinguished road. (+10) AGhostBehindUs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bruh...life is about doing what FEELS RIGHT FOR YOU not trying to convince people whats good for them.

DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DepressedBrahh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Strong username to post... I am not claiming anything. Just asking questions. It is amazing the hostility when it comes to religious questions
    2nd Corinthians 4:4 ""In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." "

Satan influences the mind of the unsaved brah.

Ephesians 2:2""Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience.""

Attention K-Mart shoppers Archangel_Lost's Avatar
    Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hostility because this type of thinking is pervasive, and about as dumb as saying "If Santa isn't real, how did I get presents on Christmas", but instead of accepting the answer that your parents did it, they try to claim Santa is a magical being that possessed your parents and forced them to buy presents on his behalf.
    Lifts:
    Squat: 460x1
    Bench: 400x1
    Deadlift: 575x1
    OHP: 250x2
    Weight: 180 lbs.

Don't have heroes; look up to no one. Because as long as someone's leading the way, the best you'll ever be is second.

Originally Posted by CosmicButtBear View Post
    Ok, so said most of them were fulfilled. If he was the son of God why didn't he fulfill all the prophecies. Did he change his mind? lmao
    Not all the prophecies had to do with Jesus. I guess the original post was a little misleading. I believe that He fulfilled all the ones that pertained to Him... OH, I see your lmao... So dont know if you wanted an answer anyway..

Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If I don't believe what the New Testament says, why would I believe what the Old Testament says?

Originally Posted by CosmicButtBear View Post
    "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." —Matthew 5:18

they havent been fulfilled yet, but they will be. God ALWAYS keeps his promises.

"Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)" —Hebrews 10:23

Originally Posted by Archangel_Lost View Post
    Hostility because this type of thinking is pervasive, and about as dumb as saying "If Santa isn't real, how did I get presents on Christmas", but instead of accepting the answer that your parents did it, they try to claim Santa is a magical being that possessed your parents and forced them to buy presents on his behalf.
    I guess.. I dont see it in the same light, but I guess thats your perspective..

Kryzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kryzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kryzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kryzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kryzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kryzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kryzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kryzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kryzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kryzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kryzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    cliffs
    -one specific book has prophecies
    -said book has Jesus as main protagonist
    -book says Jesus fulfilled prophecies

I believe the problem most people have with it is that they are in the same book and there is nothing else besides the bible to prove these claims. But as I said before I have no doubt there was a person born 2000 years ago called Jesus because 2000 years ago that was a common name, but there is no reason to believe that he fulfilled any of those prophecies.

Basically some people believe and others don't and all kinds of jimmies get rustled when people from one side try to tell the other side they are wrong.

Originally Posted by Chupacabro View Post
    If I don't believe what the New Testament says, why would I believe what the Old Testament says?
    I dont know.. I give up. Why?

hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000) hobo4president is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DepressedBrahh View Post
    they havent been fulfilled yet, but they will be. God ALWAYS keeps his promises.
    Except God is a myth. The theory of his existence is about as valid as that of the tooth fairy, or santa, or the loch ness monster.
    Hey idiot, Im knot knowing his style. Maybe his free. Maybe the dog in his crew, perhaps not....im not God or psychic idiot. Experience my neg.

Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000) Molec is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So Im an apostle who lived a few decades after jesus' crucifixition, right...
    So Im aware of and well read in messianic prophesies written in the torah, right?
    So I'm about to author accounts on the life of jesus, fully cognizant that for him to be deemed messiah, these O.T. prophesies have to be fulfilled by him, right?
    How is this miracolous?

Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Chupacabro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I dont know.. I give up. Why?
    Kinda answers your question doesn't it? This thread is pretty redundant.

Originally Posted by Kryzz View Post
    cliffs
    -one specific book has prophecies
    -said book has Jesus as main protagonist
    -book says Jesus fulfilled prophecies

I believe the problem most people have with it is that they are in the same book and there is nothing else besides the bible to prove these claims. But as I said before I have no doubt there was a person born 2000 years ago called Jesus because 2000 years ago that was a common name, but there is no reason to believe that he fulfilled any of those prophecies.

Basically some people believe and others don't and all kinds of jimmies get rustled when people from one side try to tell the other side they are wrong.
    I agree..to a point. But in this writing it references prophecies fulfilled in the old testament, outside the Bible.

FLAVIUS JOSEPHUS

Josephus was a Jewish historian who was born around AD 38. He served Roman commander Vespasian in Jerusalem until the city's destruction in AD 70. Josephus personally believed Vespasian to be Israel's promised Messiah. When Vespasian later became emperor of Rome, Josephus served under him as court historian. 2 In AD 93, Josephus finished his work Antiquities of the Jews in which at least three passages specifically confirm portions of Scripture:

But to some of the Jews the destruction of Herod's army seemed to be divine vengeance, and certainly a just vengeance, for his treatment of John, surnamed the Baptist. For Herod had put him to death, though he was a good man and had exhorted the Jews to lead righteous lives, to practice justice towards their fellows and piety towards God, and so doing to join in baptism. 3

...convened the judges of the Sanhedrin and brought before them a man named James, the brother of Jesus who was called the Christ, and certain others. He accused them of having transgressed the law and delivered them up to be stoned. 4

At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus. And his conduct was good, and [he] was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion and that he was alive;... 5

redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000)
    You do realize that Jesus didn't fulfill most of the key prophecies, including rebuilding the Temple and uniting the world or whatever. Christians get around this by saying he'll fulfill them in a second coming, but that's not fulfilling, that's just saying "nah he'll do it later when he comes back from the dead." which is ridiculous.

The other prophecies are pretty generic.

DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DiamondSwagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your life is your life.. Live it how you see fit. I understand there is MANY different issues with religion.. I am just asking about this specific topic. Really not trying ot get into everything else. We could go on forever..
    Whose to say that the history we believe is accurate? How do we know that people didn't alter it to how they see fit? How do we know that people didn't change hell from simply being a place without god....to a place that is burning in the fiery depths of the underworld? History is nothing more than fiction perceived to be fact. I don't care what happened 2000 years ago....I barely care about what happened 200 years ago. Before the age of communication between all civilization(the internet age)...history was easily manipulated. You could wipe out an entire civilization and nobody would even know.

I personally believe that this "Jesus" guy that christians often refer to was just a schizophrenic who convinced a bunch of people he was god....then after he died the stories of him were embellished to make him actually look like the messiah. Religion is nothing more than a large cult imo.

Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000)
    A true prophecy has to fulfill several conditions in order to be confirmed:

1) It has to be fulfillable by only a single event
    2) Highly specific ("a messiah will come" does not count)
    3) Not intentional or through human effort (Israel came into being through the joint effort of many people who actively pursued zionist goals)

redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000) redbinder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cinabun View Post
    A true prophecy has to fulfill several conditions in order to be confirmed:

1) It has to be fulfillable by only a single event
    2) Highly specific ("a messiah will come" does not count)
    3) Not intentional or through human effort (Israel came into being through the joint effort of many people who actively pursued zionist goals)
    Why are those conditions necessary for a "true" prophecy? Who has the authority to determine what is considered a prophesy and what not?

Originally Posted by redbinder View Post
    You do realize that Jesus didn't fulfill most of the key prophecies, including rebuilding the Temple and uniting the world or whatever. Christians get around this by saying he'll fulfill them in a second coming, but that's not fulfilling, that's just saying "nah he'll do it later when he comes back from the dead." which is ridiculous.

The other prophecies are pretty generic.
    Jesus already came back from the dead,

“For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he ROSE AGAIN the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time” (1st Corinthians 15:3-8).

he died, was buried, and on the 3rd day he rose up from the dead, proving he was the victorious.

and he WILL fullfil all the promises he made, God always keeps his promises.

The man, myth, legend CamelJockey's Avatar
    CamelJockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CamelJockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CamelJockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CamelJockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CamelJockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CamelJockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CamelJockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CamelJockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CamelJockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CamelJockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CamelJockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a highly religious cousin who tries to have the same kind of argument with me about Islam.....pretty much, whatever is written in the Quran is true, but when I ask for another source to back up his claim that something is true, of course he doesn't have one