Closed Thread
Page 98 of 333 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 9990
    nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bazak View Post
    Was yesterday a rest day? training day? and what's today?
    Yesterday was a training day (facepalm). Today is slated to be a training day - but could be a rest day - either way.

I don't calorie cycle, just a straight calorie deficit each day. I'm at ~10-12% body fat right now.
    'There is no sin except stupidity." --Oscar Wilde

alekkx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alekkx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alekkx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alekkx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alekkx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alekkx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alekkx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alekkx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alekkx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alekkx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alekkx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by heytred View Post
    Anyone want to suggest what they believe would be the best lifting program to follow on IF? Right now I'm trying to cut the last few lbs. (to reach my 'aesthetic' goal) and then I plan on following SS on a caloric surplus towards the end of summer.

Personally I prefer sticking to compounds almost exclusively and I'd just like some input. Any links would also be helpful.
    Heavy low volume on the compounds and adding a few accessory movements with a bit of volume wouldn't hurt IMO.

Yomamma777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yomamma777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yomamma777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yomamma777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yomamma777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yomamma777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yomamma777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yomamma777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yomamma777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yomamma777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yomamma777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hully1029 View Post
    1200pm...wake up
    100pm...bcaa
    130pm-230pm...gym
    430pm...bcaa
    600pm...meal1
    900pm...meal2
    1200am...meal3
    300am...meal4

I weight train 4 days out of week, 2 mile run 2 days, and yoga 1 day.

Run days and yoga days - above minus meal 2.

Weight days - ~2200cal
    Other days - ~1600cal

Maintenance is about 2800..

Trying to cut...above good enough??
    Critiques welcome. Thanks
    No expert here, but it looks like your feeding period is 9 hours, not eight.

JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ChinoZ32 View Post
    None with IF for me. Absolute zero temptation to. Eating clean and non-dense foods = more volume + kitchen creativity = leads to zero temptation. But that's just me.

I ditto this, but modified somewhat.

I AM tempted (unfortunately) to cheat on certain days of the month, and no amount of willpower -- short of a flat-out miracle -- can stop the cravings for "crappy carbs" at that time.

So. Since there's not much I can do about THAT, I try to look at it from the approach that those days will be my built in "high" or cheat (hate that word) days, a shakeup to my metabolism, and all other on-plan days of IF'g combined will hopefully keep me progressing.

If it weren't for TOM cravings, I would have absolutely NO REASON or desire to cheat.

Men? You guys have it waaaaayyyyy too easy. (insert evil snarly face)

JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JavaT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ophelia53 View Post
    I'm actually trying to finally take myself seriously. I tend to stop counting calories when I have a bad day (or stressful, or rainy, or bored, or whatever) and I need to STOP. So, I'm taking steps to basically eat really well like 90 percent of the time and then stop being so hard on myself. I think this is more a woman problem. Or do guys have this weird emotional thing with food, too?

This is DEFINITELY more of a woman thang
    (certain times of the month when food is emotionally AND physically gratifying),
    and there's pretty much NOTHING we can do about it to mitigate damage.

But ya got the right attitude: Try to eat well 90% of the time.

Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Guys Im wondering should I take the recomp path or a cut before that? Here is my current picture and its flexed. Would sure appreciate the feedback and your opinion.

nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Darkie View Post
    Guys Im wondering should I take the recomp path or a cut before that? Here is my current picture and its flexed. Would sure appreciate the feedback and your opinion.

First - blurry photo is blurry.

Second - where is yr musclez?
    'There is no sin except stupidity." --Oscar Wilde

JJ22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JJ22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JJ22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JJ22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JJ22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JJ22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JJ22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JJ22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JJ22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JJ22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JJ22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Darkie View Post
    It's always my choice to cut down to a desired level of BF prior to starting a mass gain phase.
    At some point in your life you had this idea of who you were going to be someday. That who you were going to be, secretly and unknowingly, starts to become a ball and chain behind you because it becomes who you could have been. Don’t let the burden of regret weigh your dreams down.

Intermittent fasting + DC Training/Myo-Reps Hybrid log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133062263

SNS log: Focus XT, Agmatine and DAA
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134105521

dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JJ22 View Post
    It's always my choice to cut down to a desired level of BF prior to starting a mass gain phase.
    I would second this piece of advice....

Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JJ22 View Post
    How do you feel this affects your gains? Do they tend to be more lean in general when you start from a lean basis?
    My recommended reading

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - great research review /w practical considerations!

http://www.biolayne.com.com/ - natural bodybuilder Layne Norton!

http:://www.bodyrecomposition.com - Lyle McDonald's site - tons of great articles!

Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nondualism View Post
    First - blurry photo is blurry.

Second - where is yr musclez?
    Hmm they are hangin in there Thats why I asked what to do...To cut down a few pounds then work my way up from there or just Recomp all the way?
    Tnx for the feedback nonetheless

sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jenslyn17 View Post
    How do you feel this affects your gains? Do they tend to be more lean in general when you start from a lean basis?
    Its easier to cut once and clean bulk than to constantly yo yo

I haven't got to the single BF range yet but I am cutting now and hoping this will be the last one I have to do for this long (3 months- shooting for 15lb loss)

To me it makes more sense to get as lean as I can once and then slowly add mass while staying in the single digits... that yo yo **** is losing game
    Intensity, Recovery, Nutrition, Sleep- the only things that matter.

Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sportyaccordy View Post
    Its easier to cut once and clean bulk than to constantly yo yo

I haven't got to the single BF range yet but I am cutting now and hoping this will be the last one I have to do for this long (3 months- shooting for 15lb loss)

To me it makes more sense to get as lean as I can once and then slowly add mass while staying in the single digits... that yo yo **** is losing game
    Definitely agree with that, but what I'm really thinking about is if being at a lower BF when bulking affects the rate at which you can put on lean mass. I hear a lot of guys feel that they add more lean mass when at a low BF, and comparatively more fat when you gain at a higher BF
    My recommended reading

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - great research review /w practical considerations!

http:://www.bodyrecomposition.com - Lyle McDonald's site - tons of great articles!

Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know there still aren't a whole lot of women showing off IF results, so... I'll add myself to that small crowd. I just finished 12 weeks of IF:

Don't get me wrong-- "finished" doesn't mean that I'm stopping. Just that I hit 12 weeks and now I have pretty pictures to show for it. -21 lbs. Can't tell you for sure how I did on retaining LBM, but I *feel* like I held on to it all. My shoulder measurement went up, my legs look more muscular.
    NFSC Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=663053791

** IF/IIFYM **

Amazing! Good job!!
    My recommended reading

You Are What You Eat. PeanutButterBan's Avatar
    PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Amazing! Good job!!
    x2 - For sure keep going, doing fantastic!
    Current Max
    1RM Deadlift: 175kg (385)
    1RM Squat: 150kg (330)
    1RM Bench: 121kg (266)

bulldog_3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Locavore View Post
    I know there still aren't a whole lot of women showing off IF results, so... I'll add myself to that small crowd. I just finished 12 weeks
    AWESOME! Great job!

sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Definitely agree with that, but what I'm really thinking about is if being at a lower BF when bulking affects the rate at which you can put on lean mass. I hear a lot of guys feel that they add more lean mass when at a low BF, and comparatively more fat when you gain at a higher BF
    I don't think there's a correspondence... if anything I would say at low BF putting on mass would be slower as one would keep the surplus lower to ensure minimizing of fat gain

I forget who said it... Lyle or Martin... but down in the single digits its advised to keep bulking at about 1/2lb per week, which makes sense- ~250 extra kcals per day, which is very small for the avg dude

Just makes sense.. u cut down to 6% and want to stay there, so u have to sacrifice all out gains to stay lean (esp if you've moved ebyond noob gains).

I know there still aren't a whole lot of women showing off IF results, so... I'll add myself to that small crowd. I just finished 12 weeks of IF:

(Excellent transformation pics)

Don't get me wrong-- "finished" doesn't mean that I'm stopping. Just that I hit 12 weeks and now I have pretty pictures to show for it. -21 lbs. Can't tell you for sure how I did on retaining LBM, but I *feel* like I held on to it all. My shoulder measurement went up, my legs look more muscular.
    Great stuff!
    Last edited by sportyaccordy; 04-13-2011 at 01:28 PM.
    Intensity, Recovery, Nutrition, Sleep- the only things that matter.

dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PeanutButterBan View Post
    x2 - For sure keep going, doing fantastic!
    x3 that's an amazing transformation!

Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wow, good job Loca

Once more into the fray.. IrishPilot's Avatar
    IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I know there still aren't a whole lot of women showing off IF results, so... I'll add myself to that small crowd. I just finished 12 weeks of IF:....
    Repped...well done!
    Team Never Full
    Craft Beer Crew

TheAnatomist is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAnatomist is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAnatomist is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAnatomist is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAnatomist is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAnatomist is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAnatomist is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAnatomist is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAnatomist is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAnatomist is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAnatomist is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Some advice please

Particularly if you started out with >20% BF and have had difficulty cutting fat using other methods but have been successful with IF:

30 years old, 5'9", 177 lbs, about 18-20% BF. Lifting high intensity low volume RPT style a la Martin Berkhan three times a week. I follow the Lean Gains protocol as closely as I can.

Rest days: 1620 cals (185 g protein, 45 g carbs, 80 g fat)
    Training days: 2190 cals (200 g P, 215 g C, 60 g F)

Have been having trouble losing fat for a long time. The above is working, just very gradually though my strength has either been staying steady or increasing week to week (with some visible mass gain, particularly in my legs).

What do you guys advise I do to accelerate my fat loss while ideally maintaining my lean mass?

Ideas I've come up with are to drop training cals more, or keep my cals the same on training days but mess with the macros a little. If anyone experienced can chime in, I would appreciate it bigtime!

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Two ways:
    - lower intake
    - higher output (activity)
    up tp the point where it just doesn't **** up your progress in the gym. Not a lot more you can do without performance enhancing drugs.

PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000) PeanutButterBan is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would take a look at rest day cals. I'm 6'2" 198 and my rest day calls are lower than yours; I found it helpful to think of energy balance on a week to week basis rather than on a daily basis.

Right now you're eating 6570 training calories and 6480 resting calories for a total of...13050 a week. You might try redistributing that a bit, based on BWx12 your daily maintenance is about 2124. On training days I would eat 25% more, 2655 kcal, giving you a properly anabolic environment. Similarly on rest days I would lower by at least 25%, so 1593 or less, I think you could get away with 1400. Thus totally 7965 training calories, and 5600 resting calories for a total of...13565. So you're weekly balance is still well under maintenance (14868) and you're maximizing anabolic potential on training days and fat burning potential on rest days.
    Current Max

milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkneggs786 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Incredible incredible progress!! Well done Loca!
    “No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
    -Socrates

hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    SEASONED IFers - does it matter how long I wait to eat after my workout to be most effective??

Originally Posted by hully1029 View Post
    SEASONED IFers - does it matter how long I wait to eat after my workout to be most effective??
    From 2 pages ago...

* When working with clients I am always open to compromising on the above rule. If your preference is to eat a larger meal in the evening instead of noon, or whenever you break the fast, it's no great harm. Some people prefer to save the largest meal on rest days for dinner with their family instead of having a large lunch and that's fine by me if it makes them enjoy and adhere to their diet better.
    Current Max

hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hully1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i know i may be asking repetitive questions, but i very much appreciate the help. THANKS!!

Originally Posted by PeanutButterBan View Post
    From 2 pages ago...

* When working with clients I am always open to compromising on the above rule. If your preference is to eat a larger meal in the evening instead of noon, or whenever you break the fast, it's no great harm. Some people prefer to save the largest meal on rest days for dinner with their family instead of having a large lunch and that's fine by me if it makes them enjoy and adhere to their diet better.
    ***Pain is just weakness leaving the body***

"A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - Walter Gagehot

ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JavaT View Post
    I ditto this, but modified somewhat.

I AM tempted (unfortunately) to cheat on certain days of the month, and no amount of willpower -- short of a flat-out miracle -- can stop the cravings for "crappy carbs" at that time.

So. Since there's not much I can do about THAT, I try to look at it from the approach that those days will be my built in "high" or cheat (hate that word) days, a shakeup to my metabolism, and all other on-plan days of IF'g combined will hopefully keep me progressing.

If it weren't for TOM cravings, I would have absolutely NO REASON or desire to cheat.

Men? You guys have it waaaaayyyyy too easy. (insert evil snarly face)
    I suppose but trust me you're not the first to mention that. :P

And that's a great way of approaching it. Especially when those certain days are workout days, hold off a little post workout, man that would work nicely to your advantage.

Call it 'free' meals like Lyle does

Flexible vs. Rigid Dieting
    Health and Fitness Blog (and other misc. things): http://chinoz32.blogspot.com/
    Current progress/timeline of body recomposition: http://chinoz32.blogspot.com/2011/01/follow-up-24-months-progress.html

ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome progress
    Well bloody done Loca!!!!
    Health and Fitness Blog (and other misc. things): http://chinoz32.blogspot.com/
    Current progress/timeline of body recomposition: http://chinoz32.blogspot.com/2011/01/follow-up-24-months-progress.html

Closed Thread