Closed Thread
Page 10 of 268 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast
    mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    I have the entire Atlantis US price sheet with me.

Poliquin Power Rack MSRP $2,195.00 Actual cost is about 10% off, so about $1950.00 That rack is by far an awesome deal for the quality and features.

Plate loaded 40 degree leg press: $3,695.00, + only 150.00 for the mod to widen the foot placement area. Again, subtract about 10% off as well.

The D-123 Lat pulldown: $2,850.00
    The D-132 Incline row: $3,295.00
    Standing calf $3,150.00

Those are some examples
    Thanks for that info. I'm surprised it's cheaper than the Collegiate, I'm really thinking about getting it now. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow or early next week and ask them about a few mods and delivery time. I quite like the sleek, but beefy look and that far bar is really nice. If you did any pull ups on it, did it feel nice and comfortable? Does their service impress you as well?

Again, thanks.

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some of the Sorinex stuff is mediocre, just like all companies have some winners and some losers... or else this thread wouldn't be here if one company made all of the best stuff.
    Yeesh.
    Having seen and used nearly every piece of Sorinex equipment available, I have to disagree with you. I dont recall ANY of their stuff being mediocre (referring to durability and quality construction).
    I do agree that other companies may have comparable/better pieces than Sorinex, but not because Sorinex's stuff is mediocre.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    Yeesh.
    Having seen and used nearly every piece of Sorinex equipment available, I have to disagree with you. I dont recall ANY of their stuff being mediocre (referring to durability and quality construction).
    I do agree that other companies may have comparable/better pieces than Sorinex, but not because Sorinex's stuff is mediocre.
    Mediocre means average in an overall sense. For example, Atlantis uses higher quality steel and thicker gauge steel more than any manufacturer, period. It allows them to do the hole spacing so close together on the Power rack like that. But Atlantis makes some mediocre stuff as well in regards to design and biomechanics compared to some other companies. Same is true with every company out there. And who determines which piece of a particular company is mediocre will be somewhat based on personal preference as well. (Some pieces may work better for taller users rather than shorter users; some pieces simply don't have the prestrech or adjustability of another piece; another piece may simply be better designed and have better resitance curves, etc...). But no one company excels on every piece for every person. I think that Seated Calf Tibia machine from Sorinex is a gem in terms of biomechanics and detail. I haven't been able to use the Hurricane yet either because their QC was poor and the plates won't even fit on the weight horns. They are in the process of making new ones and sending them back out to me. I also think it is strange that they use powder coated steel for the weight horns. All other companies use something different/more durable on the weight horns. I can tell you that Sorinex is otherwise using the same steel guage as Williams Strength/Elite FTS, same pad quality, etc... So it isn't about build quality as much as it is about design. Some designs are mediocre. Average is not bad, it is mediocre.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 02-10-2011 at 08:06 AM.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mroc17 View Post
    Thanks for that info. I'm surprised it's cheaper than the Collegiate, I'm really thinking about getting it now. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow or early next week and ask them about a few mods and delivery time. I quite like the sleek, but beefy look and that far bar is really nice. If you did any pull ups on it, did it feel nice and comfortable? Does their service impress you as well?

Again, thanks.
    I thik their next build cycle is to ship out the first week of March... I'd call asap. Agreed, that rack is Amazing and it is inexpensive relatively speaking. Better/thicker quality steel than these other guys. Yea, just get those attachments and mods. I think the custom height option is VERY COOL as well. And yes!! those fat grips are cool. I liked doing pullups on all three sides of that rack. They are all very useful.

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ten pages in and still no new pics of the equipment in your gym? Come on man you gotta do better than that!

Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    Ten pages in and still no new pics of the equipment in your gym? Come on man you gotta do better than that!
    Did you check 2 -3 pages back? there are a crap load of pics of my home gym: page 8

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Did you check 2 -3 pages back? there are a crap load of pics of my home gym: page 8
    nope missed it! sorry man, looks great, I've been checking this thread anticipating pics, I don't know how I missed that.

UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For my house. I've been putting in a lot of hours researching and shopping various pieces of equipment to purchase all at once in order to be able to afford everything I would like with the steepest discounts possible. It seems that even though multiple pieces may be purchased, presenting myself as a gym often promotes better discounts, more so than a home user.
    sounds cool man!

fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The Atlantis stuff is sweet and combined with everything else you will have a better home gym than basically any actual gym in my city minus the cardio equipment.

Did you check out Magnum's newest leg press? It doesnt use nylon rollers like the Atlantis but it's very nice for 2300. I'm considering picking it up if I have enough room once my Legend equipment comes in.

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Mediocre means average in an overall sense. For example, Atlantis uses higher quality steel and thicker gauge steel more than any manufacturer, period. It allows them to do the hole spacing so close together on the Power rack like that. But Atlantis makes some mediocre stuff as well in regards to design and biomechanics compared to some other companies. Same is true with every company out there. And who determines which piece of a particular company is mediocre will be somewhat based on personal preference as well. (Some pieces may work better for taller users rather than shorter users; some pieces simply don't have the prestrech or adjustability of another piece; another piece may simply be better designed and have better resitance curves, etc...). But no one company excels on every piece for every person. I think that Seated Calf Tibia machine from Sorinex is a gem in terms of biomechanics and detail. I haven't been able to use the Hurricane yet either because their QC was poor and the plates won't even fit on the weight horns. They are in the process of making new ones and sending them back out to me. I also think it is strange that they use powder coated steel for the weight horns. All other companies use something different/more durable on the weight horns. I can tell you that Sorinex is otherwise using the same steel guage as Williams Strength/Elite FTS, same pad quality, etc... So it isn't about build quality as much as it is about design. Some designs are mediocre. Average is not bad, it is mediocre.
    HealthNutMD,

Definately enjoy following your posts. However, your statement about Atlantis using thicker guage and higher quality steel than other manufacturers, I would at least have to question. The Atlantis Racks, if I remember correctly use 3x3 11 guage steel for the uprights and floor members and weigh about 400 lbs. The racks from Power Lift and Cybex's Big Iron Series use 3x4 7 guage steel with their power racks and weigh over 700 pounds. The Magnum Mega Series Power Rack is a beast that uses 4x4 7 guage steel that weighs over 800 pounds

I know that Cybex, for example, their quality control and material they use is top notch. Some would argue the industry standard. There is a reason why their equipment cost so much, but has a reputation of outstanding quality. That is not to say their equipment is the best. Just making a point only about quality. Certainly other full line companies like Precor and Life Fitness/ Hammer Strength would fall in the same class has Cybex.

By the way, that is not a knock on Atlantis, who has very fine equipment. Go to the Eleiko site and you will see the Atlantis Racks that you can get through them. And Eleiko is the standard when it comes to bumper plates and barbells and I don't believe they would sell a product that did not meet their high standards.

tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So, if I understand correctly, one could order direct from Atlantis? Healthnut we're both in the bay, did you inquire about their shipping? Were they pretty much in the norm? I haven't bought a rack yet and seem to be blowing in the wind between sorinex, efs and now Atlantis.

qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tjp15785 View Post
    So, if I understand correctly, one could order direct from Atlantis? Healthnut we're both in the bay, did you inquire about their shipping? Were they pretty much in the norm? I haven't bought a rack yet and seem to be blowing in the wind between sorinex, efs and now Atlantis.
    you used to be able to get stuff from a major cali manufacturer years ago out the back door for about 40% off if the cash was green.

fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by qaz123 View Post
    you used to be able to get stuff from a major cali manufacturer years ago out the back door for about 40% off if the cash was green.
    lol wtf does that have to do with atlantis?

gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Awesome Pictures! I have attempted to do the same on much smaller scale with mostly free weights.

Just out of curiosity have you looked into putting a manilla rope to climb from a tree outside?

Originally Posted by Skyaura View Post
    HealthNutMD,

Definately enjoy following your posts. However, your statement about Atlantis using thicker guage and higher quality steel than other manufacturers, I would at least have to question. The Atlantis Racks, if I remember correctly use 3x3 11 guage steel for the uprights and floor members and weigh about 400 lbs. The racks from Power Lift and Cybex's Big Iron Series use 3x4 7 guage steel with their power racks and weigh over 700 pounds. The Magnum Mega Series Power Rack is a beast that uses 4x4 7 guage steel that weighs over 800 pounds

I know that Cybex, for example, their quality control and material they use is top notch. Some would argue the industry standard. There is a reason why their equipment cost so much, but has a reputation of outstanding quality. That is not to say their equipment is the best. Just making a point only about quality. Certainly other full line companies like Precor and Life Fitness/ Hammer Strength would fall in the same class has Cybex.

By the way, that is not a knock on Atlantis, who has very fine equipment. Go to the Eleiko site and you will see the Atlantis Racks that you can get through them. And Eleiko is the standard when it comes to bumper plates and barbells and I don't believe they would sell a product that did not meet their high standards.
    I am fairly certain that Atlantis uses nothing less than 7 guage steel. I'd have to ask Atlantis for clarification. Also, It is hard to compare weights directly because they have different designs. That being said, there are a ton of great racks out there. One of the first things I purchased with the least amount of research was the Elite FTS Collegiate Rack. Its certainly a great rack. I'd probably drive to Bakersfield at some point again and demo the atlantis rack again. Also, I think the Stanford Mens Basketball team weight room might have Atlantis racks, from what a rep told me. I'll have to check it again. Power-Lift is of course nice also.

Can't say enough about the Atlantis polequin rack though, in particular the hole spacing, the sleekness, and the awesome variety of pullup bars all around the top. Given the cost, it has GOT to be the best in terms of price/performance.

qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by fpc4ever View Post
    lol wtf does that have to do with atlantis?
    Nothing to do with Atlantis but he was asking about ordering direct from companies and I thought of this story... the ultimate buy direct from the factory option.

Originally Posted by fpc4ever View Post
    The Atlantis stuff is sweet and combined with everything else you will have a better home gym than basically any actual gym in my city minus the cardio equipment.

Did you check out Magnum's newest leg press? It doesnt use nylon rollers like the Atlantis but it's very nice for 2300. I'm considering picking it up if I have enough room once my Legend equipment comes in.
    I cancelled my gym membership at 24 hour fitness Super Sport. the pool sucks, the classes suck, and once this final batch of equipment arives, no use for it. I'll still join another gym though... probably the one up the street that is new and has good classes and a killer, clean outdoor heated 6 lane pool.

I haven't seen Magnum's new leg press. One amazing thing about the Atlantis stuff is how compact it is... If you remove the boltable weight storage horns on the 40 degree leg press, it will fit in something like 36" width or such.

Originally Posted by gp92089 View Post
    Just out of curiosity have you looked into putting a manilla rope to climb from a tree outside?
    I'll try to get some cross-fit related stuff also. This house is only a rental, so I don't want to get too crazy (oops, too late).

I just bought 2 more weight vests and also ordered a bunch more plates from Ivanko... equipment is too spread out so I ordered more plates.

I have a 50 lb V-Force vest already.

I ordered:

30 lb BOX vest (Cross-fit vest)

84 lb Xvest

http://www.weightvest.com/index.html
    http://www.amazon.com/Xvest-Fire-Fig.../dp/B003DQR1XM

I need convenience, so its easier for me to buy 3 - 4 vests and just have them ready to go. Human nature to get lazy sometimes... If you've got afew ready to go, no unloading weight packs and bullcrap like that.

I'll see how these 3 vests work out and go from there. Wo knows, maybe I'll get that 150 lb vest to do some dips with... unless it chokes me out or something
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 02-11-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Originally Posted by tjp15785 View Post
    If you want the best deal, I'd order one with my order if you are serious. you'll save at least $200.00 on shipping if it is part of my order. Its not too late to add on to my order that is shipping first week of March, but you'd have to PM me and make a deposit by no later than Monday, maybe tuesday next week.

mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I thik their next build cycle is to ship out the first week of March... I'd call asap. Agreed, that rack is Amazing and it is inexpensive relatively speaking. Better/thicker quality steel than these other guys. Yea, just get those attachments and mods. I think the custom height option is VERY COOL as well. And yes!! those fat grips are cool. I liked doing pullups on all three sides of that rack. They are all very useful.
    Thanks for that info again. I'm pretty sure I will be getting a Poliquin rack. I'm just gonna have them put on the top/bottom band pegs and maybe something else. One of my main attraction to the Collegiate rack was the monkey chin bar, but I like 3 sided pull up area a lot more and that fat bar is just great. I tried to give them a call, but I couldn't leave the hospital past 6pm for the past two days. Did you talk to the main NA rep for sales? I think that's who the voice-mail is directing me to. I'm free on Monday so hopefully I can order it by mid week.

A question I have for you is...would it be $1950 for anyone who purchased it or is it just because you have such a bulk order? If it's really about $1950 for that rack, I think it's too good not to buy it. I'm probably only buying the rack and maybe a 0-90 bench from them.

Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate your willingness to share and help.

Thanks for that info again. I'm pretty sure I will be getting a Poliquin rack. I'm just gonna have them put on the top/bottom band pegs and maybe something else. One of my main attraction to the Collegiate rack was the monkey chin bar, but I like 3 sided pull up area a lot more and that fat bar is just great. I tried to give them a call, but I couldn't leave the hospital past 6pm for the past two days. Did you talk to the main NA rep for sales? I think that's who the voice-mail is directing me to. I'm free on Monday so hopefully I can order it by mid week.

A question I have for you is...would it be $1950 for anyone who purchased it or is it just because you have such a bulk order? If it's really about $1950 for that rack, I think it's too good not to buy it. I'm probably only buying the rack and maybe a 0-90 bench from them.

Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate your willingness to share and help.

I was supposed to go thru the south california rep, but he stpped responding to calls and emails about 2 months ago, so that wa sa big reason this order was delayed for so long. I couldn't get any answers or replies. So basically the Canadian North American sales manager, Yosi, is the guy I have been dealing with. I am probably going to meet him at the International health sports racket association convention in SF in March. I'll probably offer to become a rep for them since they could probably use a good rep for this area. For this order, I am getting about 10% off MSRP thru Yosi. You may or may not be able to do better thru the Cali sales rep, but I haven't heard from him in months, and he is a Steelers fan big time, so not sure what happened to him. I met him in Bakersfield and we had lots to talk about. In any case, PM me if you have any questions. I agree the top of the polequin rack is awesome.

tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I appreciate that healthnut, but I got to wait on a tax return, IRS is delaying homeowners due to new tax laws this year, but I agree with the previous poster $2000 for that rack is too good to pass up but I worry that deal was just for you since you were making a big order, I called and emailed Atlantis today and didn't get a response. I would probably get their 0-90 bench as well. If you are in contact with them let them know you know some people that would like the opportunity to purchase from them, maybe they might be receptive that way.

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am fairly certain that Atlantis uses nothing less than 7 guage steel. I'd have to ask Atlantis for clarification. Also, It is hard to compare weights directly because they have different designs. That being said, there are a ton of great racks out there. One of the first things I purchased with the least amount of research was the Elite FTS Collegiate Rack. Its certainly a great rack. I'd probably drive to Bakersfield at some point again and demo the atlantis rack again. Also, I think the Stanford Mens Basketball team weight room might have Atlantis racks, from what a rep told me. I'll have to check it again. Power-Lift is of course nice also.

Can't say enough about the Atlantis polequin rack though, in particular the hole spacing, the sleekness, and the awesome variety of pullup bars all around the top. Given the cost, it has GOT to be the best in terms of price/performance.
    HealthNutMD

Much like you, I have done a ton of research on fitness equipment, mainly because it has fallen to me to outfit some of our gyms on a couple of occassions (completley out of my job description). As you point out, there are some fine fitness manufacturers out there. As far as racks are concerned, Power Lift, Hammer Strength, Legend, Cybex, Williams Strength, Samson, Atlantis to name some, make very good racks.

Power Lift has really penetrated the D1 and professional ranks with their racks ( a great marketing job on their part going back to the late 90s really pushed their racks to be bought up). Williams has outfitted a number of schools to include Auburn and South Carolina. Legend has been a big player in the collegiate and pro ranks (outfitted Ohio State and Cleveland Browns, to name a couple). Hammer Strength, obviously, is a big player and Samson finished a big job recently with the Oregon Beavers.

Cybex, however, may be the one ready to make a big move in collegiate and professional athletics. They have always been a pretty big player with their cardio and some of their strength equipment, but not their racks. The introduction of their new racks (look a good deal like the Power Lift racks) appears to be an attempt to get very serious in that regard. A few years ago they signed an agreement with the PGA too outfit their facilities and in the past few days Cybex signed an agreement with the NHL.

As far as bang for the buck, I know you speak highly of Atlantis, but in my opinion I believe Legend produces a great product for the price. As always, your posts are worth reading.

maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I read the first two pages and then jumped to the last one. Did you get a GHD machine? Have you checked out any of the equipment from Rogue to see how it compares?

Also, did you decide on a reverse hyper? Louie and Kelly Starrett talk so highly about them, I'd have to include one in a home gym with cost as no object.
    Aisle by Aisle Keto Shopping Guide ----> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117649931

View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) View 1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Skyaura View Post
    HealthNutMD

Cybex, however, may be the one ready to make a big move in collegiate and professional athletics. They have always been a pretty big player with their cardio and some of their strength equipment, but not their racks. The introduction of their new racks (look a good deal like the Power Lift racks) appears to be an attempt to get very serious in that regard.
    Cybex used to have a direct link to powerlift on their website, so now I am sure there big iron ( or whatever its called ) is built for them by powerlift since they look exactly alike.

Originally Posted by View 1 View Post
    Cybex used to have a direct link to powerlift on their website, so now I am sure there big iron ( or whatever its called ) is built for them by powerlift since they look exactly alike.
    You are correct about the link. Cybex and Power Lift entered into an agreement back in 2008. Essentially, Cybex wanted to round out it's strength equipment options and the primary focus was with the Half, Multi and Power Racks. In turn Power Lift could sell Cybex equipment in certain markets.

As I said above, Cybex has been a player in the athletic and performance markets, but they have been looking to have even a greater market penetration into those markets. Adding the Racks to their portfolio, pretty much makes Cybex a complete full line manufacturer (and with that exception, they pretty much already were).

Good Question, however, whether Power Lift builds Cybex's Racks. According to Cybex they manufacturer all their strength equipment (selectorized, plate loaded, free weight stations, etc) in their Owatonna, Minnesota facility. Cybex's treadmills, bikes and Arc Trainers are manufactured in Medway, Massachusetts. Cybex very well could manufacturer their own racks, but Power Lift provided the specs and manufacturing processes. I know Cybex's quality control is exceptional and they certainly take pride in that. That has obviously been a major reason why they have such a well regarded reputation as far as their equipment is concerned. All the raw materials are delivered to these two plants and the fabrication, welding, assembly, etc is done in these two facilities. So I would tend to lean toward Cybex manufacturing these new Big Iron Racks, but Power Lift gave them the blueprints.

There are a few minor differences between Power Lift and Cybex's racks. For example, Cybex has 12 weight storage pegs to Power Lift's 10, Cybex has 3 lower band attachments on their half rack to Power Lift's 1, Cybex's bar storage is different from Power Lifts, etc. But, essentially, they are very, very similar looking racks.

Originally Posted by maybesew View Post
    I read the first two pages and then jumped to the last one. Did you get a GHD machine? Have you checked out any of the equipment from Rogue to see how it compares?

Also, did you decide on a reverse hyper? Louie and Kelly Starrett talk so highly about them, I'd have to include one in a home gym with cost as no object.
    You missed a lot in between... You can see the Elite FTS Pro Glute Ham Raise and the Louis Simmons Reverse Hyper I picked up in the pictures in this thread.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 02-14-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Originally Posted by qaz123 View Post
    Between the backrest pad and the frame behind it (which sits at about 45 degrees).

If it feels good leave it but I did this to one at a gym I managed and 90% of people liked it better.
    I did my woodworking today and put in a spacer on the Hammer Strength Plate Loaded shoulder press:

Attached Images

I'm going to give them a call at the number they have on the website. Maybe they have some NE rep or a NY rep I can use. If not, I'll try and get in touch with Yosi. I'm just hoping I can also get that 10% off. I appreciate the offer to PM, I'll probably take you up on that. I'm pretty excited so hopefully all goes well, I'll let you know.

By the way, do you have any problems with the Elite GHD? Nice and stable? Do you like the standard non-split pad? I'm about to order one...was thinking just getting it with the standard pad. Elite seems to make them as well as anyone else, if not better. I like it's look and design a bit better than most places I've looked.

Again, thanks, appreciate it.

I was supposed to go thru the south california rep, but he stpped responding to calls and emails about 2 months ago, so that wa sa big reason this order was delayed for so long. I couldn't get any answers or replies. So basically the Canadian North American sales manager, Yosi, is the guy I have been dealing with. I am probably going to meet him at the International health sports racket association convention in SF in March. I'll probably offer to become a rep for them since they could probably use a good rep for this area. For this order, I am getting about 10% off MSRP thru Yosi. You may or may not be able to do better thru the Cali sales rep, but I haven't heard from him in months, and he is a Steelers fan big time, so not sure what happened to him. I met him in Bakersfield and we had lots to talk about. In any case, PM me if you have any questions. I agree the top of the polequin rack is awesome.

By the way, do you have any problems with the Elite GHD? Nice and stable? Do you like the standard non-split pad? I'm about to order one...was thinking just getting it with the standard pad. Elite seems to make them as well as anyone else, if not better. I like it's look and design a bit better than most places I've looked.

Again, thanks, appreciate it.
    Spend the additional money for the split pad and save your nut sack. As far as build quality and stability, its a beast. I'm very happy with it. I'm hoping the 30 and 50 lb weight vests I got will work well with it. I want to see how that X-Vest and V-Force vest compare and maybe I'll get a couple more vests as well. 150 lb vest for dips sounds good.

Closed Thread