jdk01484 is just really nice. (+1000) jdk01484 is just really nice. (+1000) jdk01484 is just really nice. (+1000) jdk01484 is just really nice. (+1000) jdk01484 is just really nice. (+1000) jdk01484 is just really nice. (+1000) jdk01484 is just really nice. (+1000) jdk01484 is just really nice. (+1000) jdk01484 is just really nice. (+1000) jdk01484 is just really nice. (+1000) jdk01484 is just really nice. (+1000)

ON Wholly Oats Bars Review

I was one of the many lucky people to sample both flavors of the ON Wholly Oats bars. Here is a review of each, along with some overall thoughts.

Chocolate Peanut Butter - going in, I figured this would be my preferred flavor. I am a big fan of chocolate peanut butter anything. I would rate the taste a 7/10, good not great. The bars are very chewy but are not difficult to eat at all. I just didn't find it to be a true chocolate peanut butter taste, but supplement products of this flavor rarely ever are. Which leads me to say that....

Strawberries and Cream - I actually ended up liking this flavor better. While this is a flavor I would have never selected before trying these bars out, I thought it more closely matched the flavor it was intended to be. It really did have a strawberries and cream flavor. Obviously the same texture, but I enjoyed this flavor more, which was a pleasant surprise.

With 2 bars to try, I tried one pre-workout, and one post-workout (on different days). I found it to be a better bet for me pre-workout. Eating the bar about an hour to an hour and a half pre-workout gave me great energy in the gym. I felt like I had a lot in the tank. With carbs to burn and plenty of protein, this came as no surprise. Post-workout, I didn't think it was bad, I just prefer a shake post-workout for faster absorption.

Overall a great product that I would recommend. The taste is nothing spectacular, but I would rank it up there with any of the bars out there today, and better than most. Thanks for the opportunity to try them out ON.
    Pain of discipline. Pain of regret. Take your pick.

SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cool Coming soon>>>

this post will be replaced with a review - as soo as I'm done digesting :P
    Cellucor Black Ops

1Cor 6:19-20, 1Cor 10:31, Phil 4:13

wrapping: ProMera PéAK 400 & CON-CRēT (t=155116453)

past logs/reviews:
    P6 is Back in BLACK (t=153328101)
    ErgoShed + ErgoBolic = My Shortcut to Shred Secret (t=153380681)
    Will Anabolic Halo get me into heaven? (a MuscleTech story) (t=151254743)

SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SWelch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cool Maybe I'll just make it a new post.

Originally Posted by SWelch View Post
    this post will be replaced with a review - as soo as I'm done digesting :P
    I ate this as a snack, not pre or post workout - maybe i should (thanks for the tip JDK). Sounds liek a good concept; but, when I opened the box I was hungry. Go figure.
    Ingredients pros & cons:
    Pros - no Soy Protein- great! Which leads to - not the typical soy crisp texture of many other bars - including one of my faves (MetRx Big100 Apple Crisp). Good blend of fast, medium & slow burn. Oats - of course - love oats. Some real fruit pieces - way cool. could taste them. Oddly there are cranberry pieces in a Strawberries & Cream bar, but then again, there's beet juice powder in Strawberry Whey. Probably there for texture. Texture - big PRO. not too dense, and definitely not the crispy type - Probably my favorite part of the bar besides overall taste.

Cons - Sweeteners - Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup ( I hate even typing it), Sorbitol, Sucralose. The sorbitol and sucralose gave me that burning feeling in the back of my throat, an unfortunate distaste that I just have learned to deal with. If I could recommend something, it would be to use evaporated cane sugar or something - I'm a fan of natural. Soybean Oil - must be the HFCS of oils - i see it far too often. Is there an alternative?

Anyway, taste is great! I can't wait to try the ChocoPB. Good snack - fats are much lower than most bars in that size range. My only wish is that you could pump the protein up to about 30grams.

Most of the time I have a bar for a snack, but this bar would be an excellent 1 hour preworkout bar as the 20/40/5 macronutrient ratio would be well-suited. That sounds like a plan. Overall - I rated this an 8 of 10, and taste a 9 of 10. (10 of 10 would have to top the deluxe brownie)
    Cellucor Black Ops

past logs/reviews:

Unhappy Chocolate Peanut ho-hum

Well, I was supposed to eat this as a preworkout - but when I got home, there was plenty of work for me. So, unfortunately, this review will not include any effects on a workout 1 hour after eating like I had planned. I'm sure it is quite effective, as the good ole' PB&Choc bar left me satisfied for a good while but not overfull.

I wanted to like it better than the strawberry, but I couldn't get over the thickness like an old Tiger's Milk bar and the burning in the back of my throat from that sugar alcohols, sucralose, whatever which lasted longer than it did for the strawberrry.

I love oats and oatmeal, but I could not sense it much with this bar. I think they concentrated so much on making it moist that the oats texture got lost. The strawberry definitely is better in my opinion.

If you're a chocolate peanut butter fan, then this bar is pretty much like the others as far as taste & texture. So, the only defining factors are the types of protein and the oats. So from a nutrient standpoint this might be a good way to go if you want fast-medium-slow proteins and noy soy protein. Other than that - this just kinda hangs in the middle of the field and I can get 10more grams of protein for the same price on another.

The folks at ON/ABB have been kind enough to let me try their new PurePro 50, which I will review by next week... unless my wife has other plans!
    Cellucor Black Ops

past logs/reviews: