Closed Thread
Page 49 of 340 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 10171
    blink702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blink702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blink702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blink702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blink702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blink702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blink702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blink702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blink702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blink702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blink702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    how do i determine my starting weight for each excercise?

sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by blink702 View Post
    Lots of research has been done on this. So far, the most effective and scientifically-proven way to do it is to search this thread. Scientists don't know why, but somehow it works...

AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    Like most people you probably have weak spinal erectors and weak abs. They'll get stronger. Just so long as you're only experiencing muscle pain there is nothing to worry about. And if that's the case the pain will be very low and off to the sides, NOT on the spinal column. If it's on the spinal column take 1 week off and reduce the weight 10% for SLDLs. What are you doing for ab work?
    The pain isn't focused on my spine I don't think, it's just my entire lower back, I'm not doing anything for ab work to be honest>.<

TenMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does this thread's OP apply for people who have been working out on and off. I mean I've been in the gym before so I dont think Im a total beginner. But now that Im focused and commited i want to go back in fulltime. What would be more adviseable, going with OP's compound workouts for five weeks, or just going back to doing specific body parts on particular days?

jamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help!

okay so im kind of a nooby when it comes to workin out. I have a set of dumbells and no local gym. what can I replace the equipment related drills with in the beginners routine.

JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TenMac View Post
    Does this thread's OP apply for people who have been working out on and off. I mean I've been in the gym before so I dont think Im a total beginner. But now that Im focused and commited i want to go back in fulltime. What would be more adviseable, going with OP's compound workouts for five weeks, or just going back to doing specific body parts on particular days?

IMO the word "beginner" in this case refers more to body composition (muscle) then knowledge. In other words if you were the Olympic champion but took 10 years off then this would be a good program to start with.

This program is designed for max strength and max muscle combined, so only you know the answer to your question.

If your looking for strength then power lift, for muscle then body build , for both then try this program.

If your muscles are extremely large and you want to go deepen then work body parts on different days, or go on a cutting diet.

JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustWorkOut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AnhYeuMy View Post
    The pain isn't focused on my spine I don't think, it's just my entire lower back, I'm not doing anything for ab work to be honest>.<
    You may want to try some stretching on off days. Yoga has some really good back stretches that most likely will help you and also works your core as well.

TenMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JustWorkOut View Post
    IMO the word "beginner" in this case refers more to body composition (muscle) then knowledge. In other words if you were the Olympic champion but took 10 years off then this would be a good program to start with.

This program is designed for max strength and max muscle combined, so only you know the answer to your question.

If your looking for strength then power lift, for muscle then body build , for both then try this program.

If your muscles are extremely large and you want to go deepen then work body parts on different days, or go on a cutting diet.

I hear ya.. Thanks for the input

One more question, though. Say I am bulking and eating 4000 cals/day, my goal is to gain muscle mass; so would this routine be more appropriate for me then working body parts individually

I do want to have a developed physique with toned arms and shoulders and chest. Will this program aid in going towards that goal. These compound exercises are kinda general and all over. I mean it is missing shoulder workouts and some other things

In other words what im trying to say is are the selected workouts in the OP limiting? Do they hit every muscle forearms, triceps, etc. ?
    Last edited by TenMac; 11-26-2009 at 05:11 AM.

It is approx 75 % of your one rep max.

In other words, if you can barbell curl 80lbs once, but can not do 85lbs once, then your max one time rep for the exercise is 80lbs. This is because it is physically impossible for you to do more when you try.

So now we take 75% of 80. You can use a calculator if you want, but the answer will be
    3/4x80=60lbs.

So that is what you should start with.

So the first week you try 60lbs x 8 reps, the next week you add a rep until the 5th week where you do 12 reps. If this is easy, don't worry, it will get hard soon enough.
    If the weights are too heavy and you can't complete the reps, try a lower weight next time by reducing the weight by 10%.

Good luck!!!

Originally Posted by jamus View Post
    okay so im kind of a nooby when it comes to workin out. I have a set of dumbells and no local gym. what can I replace the equipment related drills with in the beginners routine.
    Right now I am doing this program with just dumbbells as well.
    I use powerblocks which are easy to change and here are the exercises you can do:
    You can google these by typing in "dumbbell squarts" or "dumbbell bent over row" etc.

Squats - hold dumbbells on shoulders
    BOR - dumbbells = better range of motion
    Overhead Press - can be done from a seated position - start with dumbells at sides and pick up to shoulders - now press - they can meet in the middle given better range of motion and each shoulder/ arm better individual workout
    sldl = may get a very slight better range of motion of dumbbells with these, other than that no diff
    Dumbbell curls - works each arm individually and better range of motion - highly recommended
    calf raises - may be difficult to hold a heavy weight, you can hold the dumbells up on shoulders

As you can see you are NOT at a disadvantage until you go very heavy.
    Now for the chest there are options, but you won't get the same results, but here they are:
    Lots of pushups
    Lying Dumbbell Press - Lye on the floor , THEN pick up carefully (you may want to google this) dumbbells and press. Range of motion is deceased due to the floor.

Also for the overhead press, I prefer doing chinups/pullups just because, I like them.

I hear ya.. Thanks for the input

One more question, though. Say I am bulking and eating 4000 cals/day, my goal is to gain muscle mass; so would this routine be more appropriate for me then working body parts individually

I do want to have a developed physique with toned arms and shoulders and chest. Will this program aid in going towards that goal. These compound exercises are kinda general and all over. I mean it is missing shoulder workouts and some other things

In other words what im trying to say is are the selected workouts in the OP limiting? Do they hit every muscle forearms, triceps, etc. ?
    Only way to tell is try the program, once you do 2-4 cycles and plateau out, then maybe switch to something else mentioned in this thread, or go to a two day split.

Your not suppose to do this program for ever so what are your goals?? if they are long time fitness then trying something new for a few months shouldn't be a big deal.

As far as your shoulders go, you are doing bench press which work them, as well as overhead presses, so they DO get worked.

I'm on my 3rd week cycle one, and I can feel the muslces in my left forearm popping out from DOMS. LOL

Right now i feel it the most in my legs and back (on the sides) but everybody is different.

My left shoulder has "old" stretch marks turning red, so i know i am gaining muscle in that area.

Good luck!!!

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A 10 rep max weight or 75% of a 1 rep max.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Then it's your spinal erectors telling you they're weak and lazy and don't like what you're doing to them.

The only thing you'd loose by trying this program is 5 weeks.

superbad691 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superbad691 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superbad691 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superbad691 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superbad691 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superbad691 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superbad691 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superbad691 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superbad691 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Couldn't tell by the tread is ab work/cardio a must?? Should we do it will it benefit us more because i haven't been doing any ab work or cardio

AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000) AnhYeuMy is just really nice. (+1000)
    You may want to try some stretching on off days. Yoga has some really good back stretches that most likely will help you and also works your core as well.
    Sure, I'll try that out =]. It's true that I don't stretch on off days, I don't really do anything but eat loads. We'll see, thanks.
    Then it's your spinal erectors telling you they're weak and lazy and don't like what you're doing to them.
    So should I keep on doing what I'm doing until they're strengthened? Should I start doing more ab work on off days? Should I decrease the weight of SLDL's? (It's really the squats that gets my lower back, not so much the SLDL's, strangely)
    Thanks.

Getting my Durantula on FryDude's Avatar
    FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by superbad691 View Post
    Couldn't tell by the tread is ab work/cardio a must?? Should we do it will it benefit us more because i haven't been doing any ab work or cardio
    Same question I had, I play basketball on my off days high intense for close to an hour. I feel pretty sore after doing it so I figure that's enough for Cardio, not sure about my abs.

Sure, I'll try that out =]

So should I keep on doing what I'm doing until they're strengthened? Should I start doing more ab work on off days? Should I decrease the weight of SLDL's? (It's really the squats that gets my lower back, not so much the SLDL's, strangely)
    Thanks.
    If your back doesn't feel better after the lite work out ie, the next day, then you might want to see a doctor. The muscles should stop giving you grief within 2 days because your working a heavy, medium, lite system 3x per week. So if your lite work out was Friday and you're still in pain on Sunday, I mean real pain, 1 stop lifting, 2 see doctor. The muscles shouldn't be giving you pain 2 days after a lite work out. Your abs are the problem. They're weak and they're forcing your spinal erectors to do all of the work. A decline ab board and a weight plate on your chest on off days will deal with this. 3 sets 15-20 reps and you should be good to go.

gunnersrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gunnersrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gunnersrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gunnersrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gunnersrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gunnersrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gunnersrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gunnersrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gunnersrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gunnersrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gunnersrus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If your back doesn't feel better after the lite work out ie, the next day, then you might want to see a doctor. The muscles should stop giving you grief within 2 days because your working a heavy, medium, lite system 3x per week. So if your lite work out was Friday and you're still in pain on Sunday, I mean real pain, 1 stop lifting, 2 see doctor. The muscles shouldn't be giving you pain 2 days after a lite work out. Your abs are the problem. They're weak and they're forcing your spinal erectors to do all of the work. A decline ab board and a weight plate on your chest on off days will deal with this. 3 sets 15-20 reps and you should be good to go.
    the lite workout shud be easy i.e be able to lift all the sets of reps with ease am i right so, can u explain the reson 4 tht thn, y just not do the workout because are we actually working the muscle if we aint struggling abit??

explain plz

jpbrper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help!!!!

Im from Brazil and here we dont have great information about bodybuilding, so all the programs that I have doesnt work... After years my progress is insignificant and I really wish to see my muscles growing, but my financial conditions is poor... The dollar in my country is so expensive and I cant buy these books that I need
    So Im asking somebody to send me The Beyond X-Rep e-book and 3D Muscle Building e-book... It would be greatly appreciated and Ill be very glad...

This is my e-mail: jpgsmlv@hotmail.com

Please, somebody help-me....... I really love to train and I want to try the x-rep

Originally Posted by jpbrper View Post
    im from brazil and here we dont have great information about bodybuilding, so all the programs that i have doesnt work... After years my progress is insignificant and i really wish to see my muscles growing, but my financial conditions is poor... The dollar in my country is so expensive and i cant buy these books that i need
    so im asking somebody to send me the beyond x-rep e-book and 3d muscle building e-book... It would be greatly appreciated and ill be very glad...

This is my e-mail: jpgsmlv@hotmail.com

please, somebody help-me....... I really love to train and i want to try the x-rep
    spam?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????

Originally Posted by gunnersrus View Post
    the lite workout shud be easy i.e be able to lift all the sets of reps with ease am i right so, can u explain the reson 4 tht thn, y just not do the workout because are we actually working the muscle if we aint struggling abit??

explain plz
    1) Total tonnage. It keeps the system primed. The CNS freaks out and thinks you're going to hit it heavy again. The effect is called post activation facilitation. It can be used during a work out or during the week. Basically what it comes down to is that the muscles have recovered. The rest of the system hasn't.
    2) Work density. This can be used per work out, per week or per month. Hell Olympic lifters use it over the course of a year. Nobody in this thread is ready for something like that. With out work capacity and strength you have to spread the total load out over a longer period of time.
    3) Pump and flush. You've done a lot of damage. That's why you get D.O.M.S., delayed onset muscle soreness. It's usually worse 2 days after a work out because all of that junk is just sitting there irritating the nerve endings. Running liter work outs helps you keep the weekly volume high, increases work density and helps pump out all of the junk.

In order for size to increase total volume must go up and work density must go up.
    In order for strength to increase intensity must go up, total volume must go up AND work density must go up.
    Weight x reps/ time.
    I think twice per week per muscle, muscle group is ideal for intermediate to advanced lifters. This program isn't intended for intermediate or advanced lifters.

jpbrper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    spam?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????
    No spam....

Im serious need some help... I need information to train better and I dont have here...

can you help me???

It was the mediun day after the heavy day where it was still bothering me, and the only real pain was during the medium workout after the squats, and persisting through the entire workout. Now though, as early as Thursday (the next day), it feels much better. So I know it'll be okay for the lite day, and the weekend of recovery. I'll follow your words about the abs, thank you.

Edit --- Would this be one of those ab boards you were talking about about? I work out at home, so I'm looking to purchase one but not quite sure what it is. http://www.malibuwholesale.com/Exerc...-p7708389.html Look good?
    Last edited by AnhYeuMy; 11-26-2009 at 05:53 PM.

Oh, and happy thanksgiving all pro. Hope it's going good for ya.

Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight.

Can someone please explain to me what he means by this?

Also, do I do all 7 exercises on 1 day?

Originally Posted by Frankfrank93 View Post
    Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight.

Can someone please explain to me what he means by this?

Also, do I do all 7 exercises on 1 day?
    You know how you figure out your eight rep max when you first start this program? And you go at it fully on your heavy day, then %10 less on your medium, and %20 less on your lite day? Well take the max you're doing of each day, and before you lift all of that, do a warmup set first using 1/4 of the amount of weight (so if you were lifting 100 pounds that day for your sets, only do 25 pounds for your first warmup set) and then for your second warmup set use 1/2 the amount of weight for what your max would be (so once again, if you were lifting a max of 100lbs, use 50lbs for that warmup.)

Did that explain it correctly for you? I'm bad at explaining but figured I'd give it a shot for ya

Oh and yeah, do all 7 exercises on each day.

Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100) Frankfrank93 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Oh and yeah, do all 7 exercises on each day.
    Alright, and whats a good way to find what my max rep is without actually doing it? I am working out by myself, and don't want to end up killing myself haha.

Originally Posted by Frankfrank93 View Post
    Alright, and whats a good way to find what my max rep is without actually doing it? I am working out by myself, and don't want to end up killing myself haha.
    It's all good bro, I work out by myself usually too. I don't think you should actually go for your max, I've heard in this thread (and learned from experience) that it's much better to start with lighter weight on all the exercises. Find a weight you're comfortable with lifting for eight reps, even if you think it's a bit too little, and go with it from there. You'll either start really feeling a great workout in a couple of weeks once the rep range goes up, or if not, you'll get to increase the weight of everything after the fifth week

Closed Thread