Page 88 of 131 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 3917
    VanillaWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanillaWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanillaWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanillaWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanillaWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanillaWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanillaWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanillaWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanillaWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanillaWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50) VanillaWhey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im considering a cutting diet, the macros will be as follows.

Calories 2551

Protein. 501.7g
    Carbohydrates. 100.6g
    Fat. 30.5g

thats over 10 meals a day + 1 shake.

just want to know what you think, its pretty much just lots of red meat and veggies.

Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackout is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by VanillaWhey View Post

Calories 2551

Protein. 501.7g
    Carbohydrates. 100.6g
    Fat. 30.5g

just want to know what you think, its pretty much just lots of red meat and veggies.

Obviously i am not Bob but that looks pretty extreme to me. You are 17 years old man, so unless you are prepping for a contest which requires such a temporary lifestyle and so many meals, I think a better balance would be beneficial in your life and allow you to cut just as quickly. Plus I don't know if 80% protein, day in and day out would be a sure fire win.

cyclonemagnum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Calories 2551

Protein. 501.7g
    Carbohydrates. 100.6g
    Fat. 30.5g

damn....that sure is lots of protein right there...
    that would cost whole lotta MONEY.....lol

albert1960 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) albert1960 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) albert1960 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by VanillaWhey

Calories 2551

Protein. 501.7g
    Carbohydrates. 100.6g
    Fat. 30.5g

damn....that sure is lots of protein right there...
    that would cost whole lotta MONEY.....lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Absolutely right. Way too much protein. Not only would cost you a lot of money, but uric acid buildup would kill your kidneys.

jmill128 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rambod's 7's???

Can anyone help me out with this new workout program. I've vaguely heard about it, and recently learned Jay Cutler is now switching to it. I understand it has something to do with 7 sets near the end of an exercise. Can anyone go into any detail about this for me...also, is this similair to German Volume Training?

Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Bob, are you still in the Rochester area from time to time? I noticed you were on Rockell's website, and I've been meaning to check that place out!
    NSCA-CPT, CSCS

Owner/Coach @ Balanced Bodybuilding

********.com/Balancedbodybuilding

kungfupanda has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfupanda has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfupanda has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfupanda has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfupanda has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfupanda has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfupanda has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfupanda has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jmill128 View Post
    Can anyone help me out with this new workout program. I've vaguely heard about it, and recently learned Jay Cutler is now switching to it. I understand it has something to do with 7 sets near the end of an exercise. Can anyone go into any detail about this for me...also, is this similair to German Volume Training?
    Jmill,

Go to www.fst-7.com and you will find all the info about the training principle.

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Pro Bob Chick's Avatar
    Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Eric-B View Post
    Hey Bob, are you still in the Rochester area from time to time? I noticed you were on Rockell's website, and I've been meaning to check that place out!
    I'm in Rochester every year for the Rochester BB championships

Great gym...lots of friends (and memories) there.
    Bob Cicherillo - IFBB Pro Bodybuilder
    IFBB Athletes rep

Kingkong ain't got nuthin Mtawali's Avatar
    Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jmill128 View Post
    www.haneyrambod.com

Too many programs not enough training these days.
    My favorite program is JFT.

BOB maybe we should start calling it JFT-5? the five is for number of days in the gym.
    IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A PUNCH DON'T THROW ONE!!

gr8trthan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Wayneizgod View Post
    What are some of your personal favorite exercises for shoulders that helped you get wide..Mine are very stubbern and it seems like whatever I do i just cant wide enough and whenever i do manage to get decent size,it just dissappears when im dieting down for contest..anything to help them??..thanks
    Yeah mine to. Standing Machine Shoulder press and Standing Military Press with wide grip and just force every rep does wonders for me.

Registered User Johnbodybuilder's Avatar
    Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bob what is your reason for not choosing a slow digested protein (casein) at pre bedtime. can you please state the reason?

Also ive got some flaxseed oil tabs, how often should i take. 1x with every meal?
    or 2x daily?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117460101

Follow the strength gains my log ^^^

Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Johnbodybuilder View Post
    Bob what is your reason for not choosing a slow digested protein (casein) at pre bedtime. can you please state the reason?

Also ive got some flaxseed oil tabs, how often should i take. 1x with every meal?
    or 2x daily?
    There is no real good reason to choose a casein type protein, and definately not advisable to those who are lactose intolerent....

Any kind of protein is fine, and actual food is suggested...use your supps during the day, when you have a tough time getting meals in.
    IFBB Athletes rep

french_pedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

dietary protein rocks

big bob chick, thanks for the dead on honesty re supp protein. too many companies pushing too many unregulated and un-needed products. get what you need from real foods and real veggies, not pills. rasta.

Kingkong ain't got nuthin Mtawali's Avatar
    Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mtawali is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by french_pedi View Post
    big bob chick, thanks for the dead on honesty re supp protein. too many companies pushing too many unregulated and un-needed products. get what you need from real foods and real veggies, not pills. rasta.
    MORE FYAH! BLAZE EM!
    IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A PUNCH DON'T THROW ONE!!

Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bob do you know of any current day pros who eat horse meat?
    It is with people like you that this sport will never grow. "When you say, everything and anything to be pro, do you mean even to turn HOMO?...

- Serge Nubret

genfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bob when if ever are you going to compete ?

skeptic612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skeptic612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skeptic612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skeptic612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skeptic612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skeptic612 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bob,
    Due to current scheduling, I only get the chance to lift at 5AM. What would you do as a pre-workout meal? Would you recommend lifting after a meal a half-hour later or would taking a NO drink like Vapor on an empty stomach be OK?

Cyze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cyze will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bob,

I have been using this as my post workout shake the past three months...
    40-50g whey + 1 cup mangos + Water

I'm considering switching the water out for milk and maybe the mangos out or bananas.

Is there any reason using milk for a post workout shake would be bad for my progress?

bojanglesk8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojanglesk8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojanglesk8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojanglesk8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojanglesk8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojanglesk8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojanglesk8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojanglesk8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojanglesk8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojanglesk8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojanglesk8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What Is Your Bench Press Max?

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bojanglesk8 View Post
    What Is Your Bench Press Max?
    LOL....oh lord, here we go.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

genfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "its not how much you lift its how much you look like you lift." Chick

Iron Monster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron Monster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron Monster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron Monster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron Monster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron Monster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron Monster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron Monster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron Monster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron Monster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iron Monster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Calories 2551

Protein. 501.7g
    Carbohydrates. 100.6g
    Fat. 30.5g

Hmm, I like those numbers, but they seem hard to get. What exactly are you eating? It must be all chicken or fish.

Originally Posted by Cyze View Post
    Bob,

I have been using this as my post workout shake the past three months...
    40-50g whey + 1 cup mangos + Water

I'm considering switching the water out for milk and maybe the mangos out or bananas.

Is there any reason using milk for a post workout shake would be bad for my progress?

I would switch out the water or milk for egg whites...I'm not a big milk fan, but if your going to mix a shake...egg whites are a better source of protein.

Theyre available right here on BB.com

www.eggwhitesinternational.com
    IFBB Athletes rep

buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi bob, im currently in a cutting phase and trying to hold onto as much muscle as i can, i guess you could say im moderate to low carbs, i have carbs for breakfast and after workout in the evening, do you think i should have small amounts of carbs in every meal? and i was thinking of taking a protein shake midworkout as sometimes they can be lengthy what are your thoughts?..
    if you could give me some tips of holding as much muscle as i can during my cut that would be awesome.. much respect. - Jim

Also, ive been asking alot of my friends.. do you think i should cut down to a very low bf and sacrifice size and try and work on putting lean muscle, or get down to a decent bf and still hold alot of my size and try and get my diet cleaner and try and lean out while trying to put on some lean muscle tissue?, does that make sense?, thanks alot.. kinda stuck in a rut.

Originally Posted by buffgrk View Post
    Hi bob, im currently in a cutting phase and trying to hold onto as much muscle as i can, i guess you could say im moderate to low carbs, i have carbs for breakfast and after workout in the evening, do you think i should have small amounts of carbs in every meal? and i was thinking of taking a protein shake midworkout as sometimes they can be lengthy what are your thoughts?..
    if you could give me some tips of holding as much muscle as i can during my cut that would be awesome.. much respect. - Jim

Also, ive been asking alot of my friends.. do you think i should cut down to a very low bf and sacrifice size and try and work on putting lean muscle, or get down to a decent bf and still hold alot of my size and try and get my diet cleaner and try and lean out while trying to put on some lean muscle tissue?, does that make sense?, thanks alot.. kinda stuck in a rut.

First and formost...make sure youre doing SLOW cardio....best way to insure holding onto all your hard-earned muscle.

Second, cut your workout time down, long lengthly workouts are counter-productive...may want to take a look at making the workouts more efficient...

Third...quit asking your friends for advices...too many cooks in the kitchen and theyll all have a different opinion, making it MORE confusing....

Depending on how far out of the show you are, you wont be building any muscle from the 12 week point...your focus at that point is HOLDING onto the muscle....building is for off season.

I suggest reading through this thread, as its loaded with precontest dieting, training, and cardio info people have already asked....any additional questions...feel free to ask

good luck bro!
    IFBB Athletes rep

gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    my bench routine sucks. All I am doing at the moment is bench press 5x8 and close grip bech bench 5x8. I do this once a week. I have no access to cables. Is this enough for chest? thanks

Originally Posted by crom_ View Post
    my bench routine sucks. All I am doing at the moment is bench press 5x8 and close grip bech bench 5x8. I do this once a week. I have no access to cables. Is this enough for chest? thanks

If ALL you have is a bench and a set of DB's...you could get a complete chest workout.

You could do:

Flat bench

Flat flys

Incline BB/ DB (even if the bench doesnt incline...you could set it on top a block of wood, or some plates)

Decline BB/ DB (by reversing your position)
    IFBB Athletes rep

Registered User BillabongVolcom's Avatar
    BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bob, is your pre-contest training the same as your off season training? Only diet and slow cardio is the change?
    I had all the normal teenage fantasies..cars, girls, money, blow. Then my parents left for a week, and all my fantasies came true!

lurch559 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lurch559 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lurch559 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lurch559 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lurch559 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lurch559 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lurch559 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lurch559 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lurch559 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lurch559 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lurch559 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question on carb cycling

Thanks for all the great advices Bob. When watching the war for the worlds videos, you mention that you had low carb and high carb days. In the last 4 weeks of your dieting, what were your carb levels on low and high days in ratio to your weight?

Registered User BillabongVolcom's Avatar
    BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bob, what does your current Back routine look like?
    I had all the normal teenage fantasies..cars, girls, money, blow. Then my parents left for a week, and all my fantasies came true!

Page 88 of 131 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast