Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Can OP tie his shoes?
    maybe read what I'm saying too...also simply following videos and recording myself would lead to injury

tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tybittz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    At my last two gyms they didn't have power racks with safety spotter pins like in that video, nor safety spotter arms on the dedicated bench stations, so I just used the dedicated bench stations and left the collars off the bar in case I failed a lift and had to dump the bar. (First time I did that led to something of a [predictable, if I'd thought about it ahead of time] surprise - lol. I can imagine that, with a lot of weight, it might even be dangerous, in itself.)

It sounds to me like your problem really is you lack motivation.

Like I said...

They are IMHO.

What's a "compound bench press?"

Why? I never have. I'm either able to push 'em out or I'm not. The presence of somebody there to cheer me on would make not one whit of difference.

We're all different, though. Do whatever works for you. But, I'm with radrd: A trainer just for watching my form, cheerleading, and playing spotter sounds like an expensive solution.[/QUOTE] the bench safety pin thing might be an idea. can't remember if my gym has that exact setup but I can look. I used to think a Smith machine was an alternative but I know it requires me to make it heavier by default. although I've heard from some sources that it doesn't have the same advantage as a regular barbell? I meant to say barbell bench press. I assume that still counts as a compound movement?(didn't mean to actually title it compound bench press lol) and yes the motivation has always been an issue for me I'll admit that. I realize there are days where I may need to work out alone but it's nice to have someone to go with.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    I don't know what's involved in engaging a PT but I'd expect that he's only responsible to what's in the contract. I doubt there are any performance goals like getting you to a 2-plate bench. It would probably be more that he would provide a program, measure your body fat once in a while, etc. In that, he's probably meeting the contract.
    were slowly trying to go up in bench weight but it's been tough because we're trying to correct my uneven bench. it sounds like he has progression in mind at least.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Exactly, Paul's a can do kinda guy.
    what I'm getting at is that a lot of sources and people working in fitness are telling me that compound exercises are essential.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You need to pick something and stick with it for at least half a year consistently

Stop typing

Pick

Do it

No one gets any profit from telling you this is all you need to do:
    Originally Posted by tybittz View Post
    and how do I know who to trust in the fitness industry if they're using inaccurate measurements?
    Read the stickys

This is the program you'll run
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=159678631

This is the nutrition you'll follow
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Come back when you're at repetitions of:
    1x Bodyweight Bench
    1.5x Bodyweight Squat
    2x Bodyweighy Deadlift

Should take you anywhere from a few months to a year

We'll help you on where to go after that

Im assuming you're lookimg to lose body fat,
    Lose up to 1% bodyweight a week on average
    Weigh yourself once a week amd post in here no matter what:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=184187633
    But that is all you need to do.

Stop typing and do it.

Stop typing.
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png