Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am still alive. Back issues are not clearing up quickly. I have discovered they are related to poor ankle and hip mobility so all I am doing is working my ankles and hips, not much fun to read about. You know.... The song is true, everything is connected. If I lay with my legs out and bend my ankle with my toes toward my head, the pain shoots up into the back. Tightness all along the chain. That is what I am trying to work on these days.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry about the back issues.
    Glad you know the cause and have an action plan.
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HomeGymChains View Post
    Sorry about the back issues.
    Glad you know the cause and have an action plan.
    Thank you my friend. I am about 85% now. After some testing and experimenting, I have discovered I have what Dr. McGill calls, "gluteal amnesia" in my right glute that affects the entire chain from my ankles to my back. Mostly caused from sitting and over training the quads and not showing enough love to the backside. I have been rehabbing the glutes, hams and calves daily, lots of rolling, stretching and resistance work. I aggravated it earlier this week with the reverse hypers, leading me to my discovery. I have changed the way I sit, what I sit in and have begun doing as much study and computing standing as I can handle, also make sure I get at least one walk in a day. A correlation, though I am not convinced it was a cause, was my changing to a fullbody, 3 day a week, workout. I have had the least problems when I run a Push/Pull/Legs routine so I am changing back to that style. I had a push day yesterday and came away feeling the best I have felt in weeks. Not 100% but less discomfort and more movement. Today is walking and rehabbing, oh and a visit to the VET with the dog.

9/25/2019 Push Day

Bench Press
    45 x 10
    95 x 5
    115 x 3
    135 x 3
    155 x 3
    165 x 3
    175 x 3
    135 x 5
    135 x 5

Incline DB Press
    45 x 10
    45 x 10
    45 x 10

DB Incline Flyes
    10 x 15
    20 x 15
    20 x 15

Bench Dips

Seated Incline DB Hammer Curls
    30 x 12
    30 x 12

NOTES

One thing that you will notice is that, for now, everything will be back supported. I tend to hyperextend when doing any pressing and curling while standing. I will be pulling without support once I am back to 100%.

For my main lifts, rather than focusing on a goal, I am going to focus on the process and will be autoregulating using sets of three. I will work up sets of 3 as High as I can and then back off with 2 sets of 3-5 at at least 50% of the top set. Today, the 135 felt light so I did back off sets there for 2 sets of an easy 5.

Felt good just to do something. Looking forward to Friday.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    One thing that you will notice is that, for now, everything will be back supported. I tend to hyperextend when doing any pressing and curling while standing.
    I will occasionally have some back discomfort when doing standing overhead presses but never when doing seated alternate DB presses.

Regarding your visit to the vet, my daughter and SIL have TWO Corgis. Each cost over $1,000 and one of them just had surgery for kidney stones . . . an operation that cost $2,500
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thank you my friend. I am about 85% now. After some testing and experimenting, I have discovered I have what Dr. McGill calls, "gluteal amnesia" in my right glute that affects the entire chain from my ankles to my back. Mostly caused from sitting and over training the quads and not showing enough love to the backside. I have been rehabbing the glutes, hams and calves daily, lots of rolling, stretching and resistance work. I aggravated it earlier this week with the reverse hypers, leading me to my discovery. I have changed the way I sit, what I sit in and have begun doing as much study and computing standing as I can handle, also make sure I get at least one walk in a day. A correlation, though I am not convinced it was a cause, was my changing to a fullbody, 3 day a week, workout. I have had the least problems when I run a Push/Pull/Legs routine so I am changing back to that style. I had a push day yesterday and came away feeling the best I have felt in weeks. Not 100% but less discomfort and more movement. Today is walking and rehabbing, oh and a visit to the VET with the dog.

9/25/2019 Push Day

Bench Press
    45 x 10
    95 x 5
    115 x 3
    135 x 3
    155 x 3
    165 x 3
    175 x 3
    135 x 5
    135 x 5

Incline DB Press
    45 x 10
    45 x 10
    45 x 10

DB Incline Flyes
    10 x 15
    20 x 15
    20 x 15

Bench Dips

Seated Incline DB Hammer Curls
    30 x 12
    30 x 12

NOTES

One thing that you will notice is that, for now, everything will be back supported. I tend to hyperextend when doing any pressing and curling while standing. I will be pulling without support once I am back to 100%.

For my main lifts, rather than focusing on a goal, I am going to focus on the process and will be autoregulating using sets of three. I will work up sets of 3 as High as I can and then back off with 2 sets of 3-5 at at least 50% of the top set. Today, the 135 felt light so I did back off sets there for 2 sets of an easy 5.

Felt good just to do something. Looking forward to Friday.
    I try to do a lot of standing at the computer too. My job has quarterly cycles where I'll do about 6 weeks of field work and then 6 weeks of office work. The field work means lots of driving -- I guess I need a standing driving setup! The office work, well I do get a lot of boredom in that rear if I sit too much. But I never heard of gluteal amniesia before... Or if I have, I've forgotten it.

Glad you've got it figured out, and you know what to do!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    I will occasionally have some back discomfort when doing standing overhead presses but never when doing seated alternate DB presses.

Regarding your visit to the vet, my daughter and SIL have TWO Corgis. Each cost over $1,000 and one of them just had surgery for kidney stones . . . an operation that cost $2,500
    Vet visit was quick and relatively inexpensive. Dr. said that Cleveland is doing well for a 10 year old pup who was severely injured 3 years ago. Our pets can be expensive, but not half as expensive as our children. I guess it is all a matter of perspective.
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    I try to do a lot of standing at the computer too. My job has quarterly cycles where I'll do about 6 weeks of field work and then 6 weeks of office work. The field work means lots of driving -- I guess I need a standing driving setup! The office work, well I do get a lot of boredom in that rear if I sit too much. But I never heard of gluteal amniesia before... Or if I have, I've forgotten it.

Glad you've got it figured out, and you know what to do!
    Not sure I have it all figured out. For instance, I feel better after I have worked upper body, so there is a connection there that I am exploring.

I am in a phase of ministry right now where I have to do a lot of writing and study and that usually means sitting. I am keeping my times in that position short but focused and walking more. I am also changing chairs, so that I am never "comfortable." As I have said, I am getting there. Just trying to avoid tweaking it again.

Will post Friday's Pull session a little late today.

9/27/2019 Pull Day

Chest Supported Barbell Rows
    45 x 5
    95 x 10
    95 x 10
    95 x 10

DB 1 Arm Rows
    45 x 10
    60 x 10
    60 x 10

Behind the Neck Lat Pulldowns
    60 x 10
    70 x 10
    70 x 10

TRX Rows
    Overhand Grip - 8
    Neutral Grip - 8
    Underhand Grip - 8

Cable Curls
    70 x 10
    70 x 10

NOTES
    Finding Pulls that can be done protecting the back can be a challenge. I like the Chest Supported BB Row but need to work on the set up. My range of motion was limited by the bench. I may make some blocks to set my flat bench on and try Seal Rows.

I found a Cable machine on LetGo for only $30. My wife wasn't real thrilled with another piece of equipment in the garage, but that price was too good to pass up. I will still have to learn all the little idiosyncrasies of the machine but it should be a great help.

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

I found a Cable machine on LetGo for only $30. My wife wasn't real thrilled with another piece of equipment in the garage, but that price was too good to pass up. I will still have to learn all the little idiosyncrasies of the machine but it should be a great help.
    Congratulations on the cable machine! I have been using a home built cable system for a couple of years and would really miss it. Hoping to buy a power rack and will get one that can add a cable accessory.

ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congratulations on the cable machine! I have been using a home built cable system for a couple of years and would really miss it. Hoping to buy a power rack and will get one that can add a cable accessory.
    Of course it's homemade!

A cable attachment is one of only two more pieces of equipment that I'd like to have to make my gym as complete as I will ever need it to be. They're extremely versatile. Thirty dollars is a steal! Great find!

Mine will probably be a home-built job as well, once I can get a permanent spot for my gym.
    -Voltaire

Of course it's homemade!

A cable attachment is one of only two more pieces of equipment that I'd like to have to make my gym as complete as I will ever need it to be. They're extremely versatile. Thirty dollars is a steal! Great find!

Mine will probably be a home-built job as well, once I can get a permanent spot for my gym.
    I have been using a homebuilt set up but as Dave said, this was a steal! I couldn't pass it up.

I have been training this week. Light rehab type training. I thought I was going to have to start all over on Monday. I was at Get Fit For The King, working the seniors. The bar was set up for a 100lb deadlift so I thought I would try a sumo lift. Sumo uses less back than my conventional lifting. I set up, grabbed the bar and started to pull. Immediate shot of pain and couldn't get it off the floor. Scared me to death, so I took a step back, thinking I had really hurt something this time. We actually went pretty good. Here are some highlights.

9/30/2019

Cable Pull thru
    40 x 10
    40 x 10
    40 x 10

Squats
    45 x 5 - with training shoes on
    45 x 5 - without shoes

Vertical Leg Press
    100 x 10
    200 x 5
    200 x 5

Glute Slides

Single Leg Glute Bridge Holds
    2 ten second holds per side

Glute Ham Raise

After the morning's experience, I kept everything light and tried to really focus on my weak glutes. Seems to have helped as the rest of the week has been pretty good.

10/2/2019

Bench Press
    45 x 5
    45 x 5
    115 x 5
    135 x 3
    155 x 3
    175 x 3
    185 x 3 - Bench Daddy used
    135 x 5
    135 x 5

Safety Presses
    4" off chest 115 x 10
    2" off chest 115 x 10

Linebacker Presses
    50 x 15
    50 x 15

DB Incline Press
    35 x 15
    35 x 15

DB Incline Hammer Curls
    35 x 12
    35 x 15

10/4/2019

Hex Bar Deadlift
    145 x 5
    215 x 5
    215 x 5

Hex Bar Carry
    145 x 40 yards
    145 x 40 yards

Standing Lat Pulls
    40 x 10
    60 x 10
    70 x 10

Hex Bar Rows
    145 x 5 - Pendlay Form
    145 x 5 - 45 Degree Bend
    145 x 5 - in between

TRX Rows

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    TRX Rows
    I haven't done these in a while, but I like them. They're just so "smooth," if that makes any sense.

I haven't done these in a while, but I like them. They're just so "smooth," if that makes any sense.
    Makes total sense. Great way to do back work if you are having lower back issues. The neutral, stiff, back allows you to work the upper back without any compression. You can vary the length of the handles and allow your body weight to affect the difficulty. I love them.

I noticed you're doing squats both with and without shoes. Is this an experiment, or do you just like the variety?
    -Voltaire

I noticed you're doing squats both with and without shoes. Is this an experiment, or do you just like the variety?
    I don't like the elevated heals of my New Balance Cross Trainers when squatting or deadlifting. I have been doing a little more in socks or barefoot to work on my foot placement, creating the tripod between big toe, little toe and heal.

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Finally a name I recognize. Glad to see that you're still lifting.
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

I don't like the elevated heals of my New Balance Cross Trainers when squatting or deadlifting. I have been doing a little more in socks or barefoot to work on my foot placement, creating the tripod between big toe, little toe and heal.
    I do the same thing. I don't know if it's bad form or not, but sometimes I literally feel my toes digging into the floor when I'm coming up from the squat.
    -Voltaire

Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    Finally a name I recognize. Glad to see that you're still lifting.
    Saw a post from you and the wife on ******** recently and thought about how you are doing. It was a fluke that I was on ********, that is my wife's domain. Welcome Back!!!

I do the same thing. I don't know if it's bad form or not, but sometimes I literally feel my toes digging into the floor when I'm coming up from the squat.
    Not bad form at all. Brian Carroll, 10/20/life author, calls it the "Monkey Grip"

So this week has been my first real week back since I tweaked my back over a month ago. While Wednesday's Push day was cut short by a 45 minute Theology vs Culture phone call from one of my officers, it was good to get back to lifting more like I am used to. I was a bit disappointed to see how much I have lost in such a short time. I feel like I am starting all over again. I guess I am.

I have made some schedule changes in the past few weeks and have tried to cut back on my computer time, hence my posting a week as opposed to daily posting.

10/8/2019 Leg Day

Squats
    45 x 5
    135 x 3
    185 x 3
    205 x 3
    205 x 3
    205 x 3
    135 x 5
    135 x 5

Cable Pull Thru
    40 x 10
    40 x 10
    40 x 10

Vertical Leg Press
    100 x 10
    175 x 10

- Time was limited due to ministry obligations. Still trying to workout when I van get in Dog House and give the most time.

10/9/2019 Push Day - Cut Short by 45 minute Phone call

Bench Press
    45 x 5
    95 x 5
    115 x 3
    135 x 3
    145 x 3
    155 x 3
    165 x 3
    175 x 3
    185 x 4 with Bench Daddy +1 rep
    135 x 5
    135 x 5

DB Flyes
    30 x 12
    30 x 12

2" Safety Pin Presses - These are essentially a Board Press. Tricep emphasis
    135 x 8
    Phone call, session ended.

10/11/2019 Pull Day

Hex Bar Deadlifts
    55 x 5
    145 x 5
    235 x 5
    305 x 3

Hex Bar Carry
    145 x 40 yds
    145 x 40 yds

Standing Lat Pulls w Wide Grip
    70 x 10
    70 x 10
    70 x 10

Hex Bar Rows
    145 x 6
    145 x 6 - added some reps - This is a different feel, not as low in the back as a straight bar row but not as high to the shoulder as a standing row.

Rope Knob Pulldowns
    70 x 8
    70 x 10

TRX Rows - Neutral Grip

NOTES
    Was glad to get back to a little more normal. Still frustrated with the time I have been able to get in the gym but glad to start squatting and pulling again. My strength is down, so I will be building it back again.

On my Big 3, or 4 if I can get to Overheads, I will do sets of three for my working sets, adding pounds until I can't complete 3 and then I will do dome back off sets. This will allow me to auto regulate, pushing up the weight when I am feeling good, getting some tough work in when not feeling as good.

I am experimenting with accessories to find the best and most useful selection I can find. This I know, I will keep the weighted carries until weather prevents me from doing so.

Send suggestions my way.

10-14-2019 Leg Day

Squats
    45 x 5
    135 x 5
    205 x 3
    225 x 3
    245 x 3
    255 x 3
    155 x 5
    155 x 5
    Superset with EZ Bar Curls
    60 x 15
    60 x 15
    60 x 15
    60 x 15
    60 x 15

Cable Pull Thru
    50 x 10
    50 x 10

Vertical Leg Press
    100 x 10
    150 x 10
    Cable Curl
    50 x 6 - set up was not working so switched to pushdowns
    Cable Pushdowns
    50 x 10
    50 x 10

Hex Bar RDL
    145 x 8
    145 x 8

NOTES
    Today was a good day. My back is feeling the best it has felt in months. Squats were worked up with triples. Heaviest I have been able to do in months. While I feel I have lost some strength during my rehab, I am excited about how these moved.

Thumbs up

NOTES
    Today was a good day. My back is feeling the best it has felt in months. Squats were worked up with triples. Heaviest I have been able to do in months. While I feel I have lost some strength during my rehab, I am excited about how these moved.
    Congratulations!

Weightlifting coach, Glenn Pendlay, who passed away last month said "Being healthy and injury-free is a good goal for older lifters." Your back, my arm, etc. I think Glenn was on to something

Congratulations!
    Thanks brother. Feeling good is a good thing.

Weightlifting coach, Glenn Pendlay, who passed away last month said "Being healthy and injury-free is a good goal for older lifters." Your back, my arm, etc. I think Glenn was on to something
    He was right, but I want more, to be healthy and strong. I see too much sickness and death, I want to fight it as long and as hard as I can.

Thanks brother. Feeling good is a good thing.

He was right, but I want more, to be healthy and strong. I see too much sickness and death, I want to fight it as long and as hard as I can.
    And you will. That IS the good fight! And you're right back again, the man in the arena.
    -Voltaire

Update from Last Week

10/17/19

Bench Press
    45 x 5
    115 x 5
    135 x 3
    155 x 3
    165 x 3
    165 x 3
    Standing Calf Raises
    45 x 5
    135 x 10
    185 x 10
    185 x 10
    185 x 10
    185 x 10

Viking Press (PWO)
    50 x 10
    50 x 10
    Leg Extension
    90 x 10
    100 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press
    115 x 10
    115 x 10

Cable Pushdowns
    50 x 10
    50 x 10

10/19/2019

Hex Bar Deadlift
    145 x 5
    235 x 5
    325 x 2
    325 x 2
    325 x 2

Reverse Lat Pulldowns underhand grip - Don't know what these are actually called
    70 x 12
    80 x 12
    Behind the Neck Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns
    80 x 10
    80 x 10

Hex Bar Carry
    165 x 40+ yards
    165 x 40+ yards

TRX Rows
    8 over hand + 3 reps
    8 Underhand +2 reps

Hex Bar Rows - added 20 lbs
    165 x 6
    165 x 6

Both sessions felt good. I am taking things slow as far as adding weight and reps.

Looks good to me! Question about the calf raises— do you use a machine, barbell, or dumbbells? If free weights, how do you balance?
    -Voltaire

Looks good to me! Question about the calf raises— do you use a machine, barbell, or dumbbells? If free weights, how do you balance?
    I do my calf raises (both standing and seated) on the Smith Machine, with a 2x4 for my toes.
    Last edited by bamazav; 10-26-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Weekly Update

Been trying to cut back on electronics time, hence the weekly update.

10/21/2019

Squats
    45 x 5
    135 x 5
    225 x 3
    245 x 3
    265 x 3
    265 x 3
    225 x 5

Hex Bar RDL
    165 x 8
    165 x 8

Vertical Leg Press
    100 x 10
    200 x 10

Good Mornings
    135 x 8
    135 x 8

10/23/2019 Push Day

Bench
    45 x 5
    115 x 5
    135 x 3
    145 x 3
    155 x 3
    165 x 3
    170 x 3
    135 x 10
    Smith Machine Standing Calf Raise
    45 x 5
    135 x 10
    185 x 10
    205 x 10
    225 x 10
    225 x 10

Viking Press (PWO)
    60 x 10
    60 x 10
    60 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press
    125 x 8
    125 x 8

Rope Cable Pushdowns
    50 x 10
    50 x 10

10/26/2019 Pull Day

Deadlifts
    45 x 5 - sumo
    135 x 5 - sumo
    225 x 2 - sumo
    275 x 2 - sumo
    315 x 2 - conventional
    335 x 2- conventional
    335 x 2 - conventional

Reverse Lat Pulldowns
    80 x 12
    80 x 12

Seated Cable Rows
    80 x 10
    80 x 10

WG Behind the Neck Pulldowns
    80 x 10
    80 x 10

Pendlay Rows
    135 x 6
    135 x 6

Seated Cable Curls
    50 x 10
    50 x 10

NOTES
    Great week.

Squats - was able to work up to my heaviest squats since injuring the back earlier this summer. They felt good with no residual pain.
    Deadlifts - first straight bar deadlifts in months. Not a PR but I am happy to pull these with no pain.

Pull Day overall - This was a good session, may not seem like a ton of work, but I am feeling some DOMS already. I had some fun.

Playing Catch up.

10/28/2019

Squats
    45 x 5 - paused
    135 x 3 - paused
    185 x 3 - paused
    225 x 3
    245 x 3
    265 x 3

Seated Cable Curls
    50 x 10
    50 x 10
    50 x 10
    50 x 10

Good Mornings
    135 x 5 - a hold at the bottom
    135 x 5
    135 x 5
    Standing Calves
    205 x 10
    205 x 10
    205 x 10

Leg Extension
    80 x 10
    80 x 20
    Arm Blaster Curls
    20 x 10
    30 x 10

KB Swings
    15 x 10
    15 x 10

10/29/2019

Seated Pec Deck
    50 x 10
    60 x 10
    70 x 10

Bench Press
    45 x 5
    115 x 5
    135 x 3
    145 x 3
    155 x 3
    165 x 3
    175 x 3

Incline DB Press
    40 x 10
    50 x 10
    50 x 10

Seated Cable Row
    140 x 5
    100 x 10
    100 x 10

Chest Supported Rows
    80 x 10
    80 x 10
    90 x 10

Dips

10/31/2019

Glass OHP
    45 x 5
    65 x 10
    95 x 10
    115 x 10
    115 x 10
    115 x 10

T-Bar Rows (PWO)
    70 x 10
    95 x 10
    105 x 10

DB OHP Seated
    40 x 10
    40 x 10
    40 x 10

Deads - All Sumo Style
    135 x 5
    185 x 2
    225 x 2
    245 x 2
    265 x 2
    275 x 2
    275 x 2

11/5/2019

Squats
    45 x 5
    133 x 5
    221 x 3
    241 x 3
    261 x 3
    276 x 3
    183 x 5
    183 x 5

Seated Leg Press
    100 x 20
    200 x 10
    200 x 10

Leg Extension
    92 x 15
    92 x 15

Goodmornings
    151 x 8
    151 x 8

Plate Pullover
    35 x 20

EZ Bar Curls
    65 x 12
    65 x 12

Today 11/8/2019

KB Swings
    15 x 10
    15 x 10

Deadlifts
    45 x 5 - sumo
    135 x 3 - sumo
    225 x 3 - sumo
    225 x 2 - conventional
    275 x 2 - conventional
    315 x 2 - conventional
    Was struggling with these today. No leg drive and form was horrible. I have just recently gotten healthy so I wasn't going to press things

Lying Leg Curls
    50 x 12
    50 x 12

RDL
    135 x 10
    135 x 10
    Seated Cable Row
    50 x 10
    50 x 10

NOTES
    Schedule has been weird of late. I have big plans but the calendar is not working out. I will train when I can. I have set my eyes on the 100% Raw Masters Nationals on April 2. Lots of work to do between now and then.

Training Update

It has been over a week since I last recorded any sessions. Life and the busy time of the year for me have kept me off line.

11/11/19

Squats
    45 x 5 - paused
    135 x 5 - paused
    205 x 3
    225 x 3
    245 x 3
    265 x 3
    275 x 3

Plate Pullover
    35 x 20

Vertical Leg Press (PWO)
    100 x 20
    200 x 10

Leg Extensions
    70 x 15
    70 x 20

Good Mornings
    155 x 8
    155 x 10

11/12/2019 - Worked out with the Teens

Incline Bench
    45 x 5
    67 x 5
    87 x 10
    97 x 10

Chest Supported Rows
    80 x 10
    80 x 10
    80 x 10

Bench Press
    45 x 5
    115 x 5
    135 x 3
    155 x 3
    175 x 3
    185 x 3
    190 x 2 - Rep PR
    135 x 5
    135 x 5

Bench Dips

11/15/2019 - Worked out with Get Fit For The King folks

Hex Bar RDL
    105 x 10
    105 x 10
    105 x 10

Hex Bar Rows
    105 x 10
    105 x 10

Deadlifts
    135 x 5
    225 x 3
    275 x 2
    315 x 2
    335 x 2

Glass OHP
    60 x 10
    60 x 10
    70 x 10

11/18/2019

Squats
    45 x 5
    135 x 5
    205 x 3
    225 x 3
    245 x 3
    265 x 3
    275 x 3
    280 x 3
    225 x 5

Vertical Leg Press
    100 x 20

Leg Extension
    70 x 15
    70 x 15
    Superset with Smith Standing Calf Raise (PWO)
    160 x 10
    160 x 10

GoodMornings
    155 x 8
    155 x 8

NOTES
    Trying to work into a 4 day training plan, two days in the Dog House, doing lower body and back work, and two days in Church Gym with the Teens focusing on Bench, arms and Shoulder work.

Bench is moving forward. Yay!!!!

Squats also have turned upward the last two sessions.

Training for the 100% RAW Powerlifting Master's Nationals in April, 2020. Praying I stay healthy until then.

I'm lifting vicariously through you for now, Zav! Good to see your progress, even when it's just maintenance!
    -Voltaire

I'm lifting vicariously through you for now, Zav! Good to see your progress, even when it's just maintenance!
    Get better brother.

I am training for the Master's Nationals on April 4. Vicarious and any other help and support is greatly appreciated. I am enjoying the auto regulated plan, work up to top double or triple and then a back off set or two. I am feeling stronger and more confident. Not bummed if I don't hit some % or number, realizing for that day I did what I could do. I am starting to see forward progression on everything.

I pray you will be able to get back to work soon. Don't rush it, but do hurry, we miss your workouts.