Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

scholarship for D1 baseball?

there was a kid about 100 miles away from me that graduated last year and threw about 88-89 consistenly and had hit 90 2 or 3 times. he was 6'2" 200lbs and got drafted in the 32nd round by the tampa bay devil rays 1022nd pick or something. If you want his name pm me. Anyway so he also had offers from arizona, texas tech, UCLA, UNM, and NMSU, he is right handed

I hear pitchers for righties have to throw low 90's and lefties could get away with mid 80's.

but from him you only have to throw high 80's?

also which do you think it would easier to get a D1 scholarship? pitching or a position player? thanks. also what are your guys opinions on weighted baseballs to increase velocity?
    Last edited by jamesh23; 12-16-2007 at 03:09 PM.
    Bench: 185 lbs
    Squat: 285 lbs

gendrste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gendrste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Buccaneers? Tampa Bay Rays. He was probably drafted because he is projectable. To go that low in the draft means that either he is raw and has tremendous upside, or he hada strong commitment to his college. I was drafted out of high school in the 21st round back in 2000 as a shortstop, but I also threw low 90's off the mound. I had a strong commitment to my college, Mississippi State, so it scared away the scouts. Teams used to be able to offer whatever monetary bonus to sign kids in any round, but now they have assigned slot money for rounds. So that being said, a 32nd round pick would probably be looking at a $1000 signing bonus. Did he sign, or did he go to college. Back to your questions, all recruited RHP probably throw high 80's to low 90's, D1. Lefthanded pitchers are different because their are not that many that pitch, and their ball has a natural movement. It is not easy to get a D1 scholarship as a position player or a pitcher, so get working. I feel that weighted balls are not beneficial, I feel like they are a gimmick and can possibly injure a player. There is not enough research behind them for me to warrant any of my kids using them.. Good luck.
    Don't hide the muscles, Show them. . . Show them the muscles.

metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I believe alot of D1 Baseball scholarships are partial scholarships considering a team only has a few to give out, unless the kid is an absolute phenom and wants to go to college

gendrste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gendrste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The mojority of scholarships are partial, each college, D1 has only 11.7 scholarships to give to an entire team. It is hard to get one of them.
    Don't hide the muscles, Show them. . . Show them the muscles.

stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gendrste View Post
    The mojority of scholarships are partial, each college, D1 has only 11.7 scholarships to give to an entire team. It is hard to get one of them.
    Yea schollies are at a premium. I just graduated from the University of Notre Dame. I was a RHP who went there at 88-90 hitting 93 but left at like 86-87 hitting 90. My mechanics went to crap. But yea the 32nd round is going to be horrible money.
    I'm an athlete

mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by gendrste View Post
    I feel that weighted balls are not beneficial, I feel like they are a gimmick and can possibly injure a player.
    Not only that, they can mess up your mechanics and make you develop bad habits.

To help increase your velocity I would suggest working all the muscles involved in pitching. When you exercise you should focus on exploding out really fast. This will do the same for you as a weighted ball but it will not mess with your mechanics since you aren't doing a pitching motion. Also I suggest working on flexibility, the more flexible you are the easier it is for you to throw.

stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here's the secret to pitching....repeat your delivery consistently and you will be successful. Obviously you need to have talent, but what I just said is a lot easier said than done.
    I'm an athlete

jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks guys its good to have 2 pitchers in here that both played D1, and yea i dont think he signed he wanted to play football too and UNM offered him a full ride to do both, so Im pretty sure he signed there.

Im a lot better hitter than pitching which should I focus on increasing? obviously I was thinking hitting. But im sure way more people are better at hitting then they are at pitching, i read at a site that someone gave me that a pitcher that hits 86-88 and has a great curveball he could be succesfull and get drafted.

Originally Posted by jamesh23 View Post
    Im a lot better hitter than pitching which should I focus on increasing? obviously I was thinking hitting. But im sure way more people are better at hitting then they are at pitching, i read at a site that someone gave me that a pitcher that hits 86-88 and has a great curveball he could be succesfull and get drafted.
    Here's the thing, in a weekend series you're going to use at least 7 or 8 pitchers. How many short stops are you gonna use? Exactly.

86-88 equals mid-level D-1 with a pretty good curveball. You might get high D-1 attention and you're definitely not getting drafted.

Do both in high school. I did. I could've gone mid D-1 as a 3rd baseman but I wanted to go where I had the better opportunity to get exposure. That was as a pitcher.
    I'm an athlete

Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000)
    i dont kno much about baseball or nothin
    but dont the bucs play football??
    **Canadian Crew**

what are you talking about? it was the tampa bay devil rays, there is a tampa bay buccaneers in football.

Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000)
    there was a kid about 100 miles away from me that graduated last year and threw about 88-89 consistenly and had hit 90 2 or 3 times. he was 6'2" 200lbs and got drafted in the 32nd round by the tampa bay buccaneers 1022nd pick or something. If you want his name pm me. Anyway so he also had offers from arizona, texas tech, UCLA, UNM, and NMSU, he is right handed

I hear pitchers for righties have to throw low 90's and lefties could get away with mid 80's.

also which do you think it would easier to get a D1 scholarship? pitching or a position player? thanks. also what are your guys opinions on weighted baseballs to increase velocity?
    what are you talking about? it was the tampa bay devil rays, there is a tampa bay buccaneers in football.
    are you an R-tard?
    **Canadian Crew**

Also, it's the Tampa Bay Rays. They changed their name.

Strike 3
    I'm an athlete

Originally Posted by Veeshmack View Post
    are you an R-tard?
    no, I just had my mind on a game that I was watching from the past lol and I put buccaneers instead of Devil rays, OR rays, when I looked him up last night it said he got drafted by the Devil rays.

no, I just had my mind on a game that I was watching from the past lol and I put buccaneers instead of Devil rays, OR rays, when I looked him up last night it said he got drafted by the Devil rays.
    no prob buddy, i can neg back
    **Canadian Crew**

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by stewaat View Post
    Yea schollies are at a premium. I just graduated from the University of Notre Dame. I was a RHP who went there at 88-90 hitting 93 but left at like 86-87 hitting 90. My mechanics went to crap. But yea the 32nd round is going to be horrible money.
    Not necessarily for a high school kid, the teams will generally offer them a bigger signing bonus than they will a college kid. The college kids picked after the 20th round all get like a $1,000 signing bonus but one of the high school kids picked in the 18th got $90,000. If they really want the kid they'll offer him some decent money, plus the new bargaining agreement means that the team also has to pay for college classes for most of the kids they sign.
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

Originally Posted by Jhawk Fitness View Post
    Not necessarily for a high school kid, the teams will generally offer them a bigger signing bonus than they will a college kid. The college kids picked after the 20th round all get like a $1,000 signing bonus but one of the high school kids picked in the 18th got $90,000. If they really want the kid they'll offer him some decent money, plus the new bargaining agreement means that the team also has to pay for college classes for most of the kids they sign.
    If they don't get the guys they drafted in the earlier rounds they can give more money to those guys. I had a teammate offered $1,000,000 out of HS in the 50th round.

The kids who get more money than they should in a certain round usually have a good reason for that. Also, sometimes the kids saying they got a certain amount of $ may not be completely honest.
    I'm an athlete

LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1,000,000 for 50th round? I agree it is more grouped then certain rounds after the 1st or 2nd. But I've never heard of 1,000,000 sure he wasn't pulling your chain? As far as 35+ rounds most players don't even get offered $. Most teams will say if you want to come out your invited to rookie ball but we'd even prefer to see you another year in College. (I've heard this mostly called Draft and Follow Up) Actually come to think of it my freshman year I knew a guy that got drafted in the upper 20's and they didn't give him an offer. (but maybe theres a 1,000 minimal fee or something I don't know but I don't think so)

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LeftyBaseballr View Post
    1,000,000 for 50th round? I agree it is more grouped then certain rounds after the 1st or 2nd. But I've never heard of 1,000,000 sure he wasn't pulling your chain? As far as 35+ rounds most players don't even get offered $. Most teams will say if you want to come out your invited to rookie ball but we'd even prefer to see you another year in College. (I've heard this mostly called Draft and Follow Up) Actually come to think of it my freshman year I knew a guy that got drafted in the upper 20's and they didn't give him an offer. (but maybe theres a 1,000 minimal fee or something I don't know but I don't think so)
    Baseball got rid of the "Draft & Follow" rule last year. I agree about the $1m for a 50th rounder, I know a second rounder that only got $890,000.
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cosmo34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The most I've ever heard someone in the late rounds was $1Mil and that was to Andy Laroche in the 39th. The only reason he got so much was to try and sway him from transferring to Rice from a JC, which is also why he fell so far. Signability concerns.

A friend got 560K in the 4th round, and another friend got 80K as a DNF in the 49th, though the only reason he got 80 was because a D1 came out of left field with an 80% offer, after he had already signed with a JC.

$1Mil for a HS in the 50th sounds a little bit outlandish. BA woulda been all over that

Originally Posted by cosmo34 View Post
    The most I've ever heard someone in the late rounds was $1Mil and that was to Andy Laroche in the 39th. The only reason he got so much was to try and sway him from transferring to Rice from a JC, which is also why he fell so far. Signability concerns.

A friend got 560K in the 4th round, and another friend got 80K as a DNF in the 49th, though the only reason he got 80 was because a D1 came out of left field with an 80% offer, after he had already signed with a JC.

$1Mil for a HS in the 50th sounds a little bit outlandish. BA woulda been all over that
    I'm actually not making it up. They probably didn't have anything "officially" out there for the commissioner to review.

"Highest-rated pitching prospect ever to join Notre Dame baseball program"

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today....php?id=453249

He will without a doubt make it to the big leagues.
    I'm an athlete

so lets say I throw 84-86 as a senior in highschool with pretty good command, a good curveball, and a good changeup at about 6' tall 185lbs? im just guessing would I get some looks from some D1 colleges? by the way ill be graduating when im 17.

LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeftyBaseballr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you locate real well I'd say absolutely

Locate WITH movement. Movement is huge!

I only threw 2-seamers and that's the reason I was successful.
    I'm an athlete

alright thanks guys, also I only threw 2 seamers up until last year so I have pretty good movement on my 2 seam fastball.

HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50) HomeRunKingAK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your gettin there bro. Im 17, ive been to 3 D1 scouted events. The AZ Classic and some here where i live.

Those are the best because the exposier give the college scouts the view and how much improvement you make. Stick with it.

One suggestion that has helped me a TON is to focus my weight harder on my core lifts that the isolation technics like a bodybuilder would do. My suggestion would be a program thats on the net called Unbreakable Abs (hope i dont get in trouble for suggesting). Its helped a ton. I play the 1 bag and my bat is my biggest asset. I went from mid 60' on bat speed and now im about 85 mph.

HIT THE CORE ITS THE BEST AND MOST DOMINANT PART OF BASEBALL MOVEMENTS!!!!

Originally Posted by HomeRunKingAK View Post
    Your gettin there bro. Im 17, ive been to 3 D1 scouted events. The AZ Classic and some here where i live.

Those are the best because the exposier give the college scouts the view and how much improvement you make. Stick with it.

One suggestion that has helped me a TON is to focus my weight harder on my core lifts that the isolation technics like a bodybuilder would do. My suggestion would be a program thats on the net called Unbreakable Abs (hope i dont get in trouble for suggesting). Its helped a ton. I play the 1 bag and my bat is my biggest asset. I went from mid 60' on bat speed and now im about 85 mph.

HIT THE CORE ITS THE BEST AND MOST DOMINANT PART OF BASEBALL MOVEMENTS!!!!

could you pm it to me?

zigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) zigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) zigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) zigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) zigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) zigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) zigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) zigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) zigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) zigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) zigz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    there was a kid about 100 miles away from me that graduated last year and threw about 88-89 consistenly and had hit 90 2 or 3 times. he was 6'2" 200lbs and got drafted in the 32nd round by the tampa bay devil rays 1022nd pick or something. If you want his name pm me. Anyway so he also had offers from arizona, texas tech, UCLA, UNM, and NMSU, he is right handed

i know a kid thats 6'2" 200 lbs that got drafted in the 32nd round by the Devil Rays (serious)

he's a CF though
    legalize

ArmstrongMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArmstrongMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArmstrongMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArmstrongMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArmstrongMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArmstrongMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArmstrongMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArmstrongMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArmstrongMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArmstrongMike is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArmstrongMike is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i know the kid that was a projected first rounder but got drafted in the second round, turned it down and then went to unc on scholarship. he's from CT if anybody wants his name i'l get it to you. he throws low 90's
    STRONGMAN in training...