bif24701 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fat lose advice ICF 5X5+Cardio?

I am currently 31, 227lbs, 5'9" and looking to cut fat. I like the ICF program and have gained atleast 50lbs per main lift in the last month-5weeks. I feel strong. My problem is that I havent cut much fat or size that I can tell. Weight is about the same as is my belt size. I have cut beer (big one) and most sugars from diet, my goal is 2400 cal. and I am close to that. I get about 200g protein through out the day. I feel that my diet is mostly to blame as my tracking is not precise. I am a big eater and thats one reason I feel i have gained strength so well compared to my friends on the same program. I need to cut fat however quicker to pass my Air Force fitness test. I want to add 20min of jogging to my program, is that a good idea? when is best? after my lifting and a protein shake with carbs, or off days? I feel like jogging on my off days doesn't allow my body to recover well

All advice will be considered I have done much reading and just cant decided what is best for me.

Thank you.

Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sigurd94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bif24701 View Post
    I am currently 31, 227lbs, 5'9" and looking to cut fat. I like the ICF program and have gained atleast 50lbs per main lift in the last month-5weeks. I feel strong. My problem is that I havent cut much fat or size that I can tell. Weight is about the same as is my belt size. I have cut beer (big one) and most sugars from diet, my goal is 2400 cal. and I am close to that. I get about 200g protein through out the day. I feel that my diet is mostly to blame as my tracking is not precise. I am a big eater and thats one reason I feel i have gained strength so well compared to my friends on the same program. I need to cut fat however quicker to pass my Air Force fitness test. I want to add 20min of jogging to my program, is that a good idea? when is best? after my lifting and a protein shake with carbs, or off days? I feel like jogging on my off days doesn't allow my body to recover well

All advice will be considered I have done much reading and just cant decided what is best for me.

Thank you.
    Don't jog, i did that when i lost 30kg and i lost most of my muscle too, could be because my diet weren't in check also.. Do steady paced cardio 2-3 times a week or HIIT and eat in a 10% deficit & ofc continue the 5x5 ICF (Awesome program).

bif24701 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have to job/run in order to prep for my AF Fitness exam. I will need to run a 1.5 miles in under 12.30 min.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There is a cutting variant of the ICF program which is definitely a good idea to do if you are cutting calories and adding running...

Besides that, you MUST control your calorie intake, nothing else will work without doing so.

If appetite control is a problem, consider doing intermittent fasting as this allows you to spend most of the day without thinking about food - and then have 2-3 large meals instead of nibbling all the time and constantly stimulating your appetite. Stick to wholefoods sources - vegetables (roots such as potatos for carbs), plenty of meat, eggs, beans etc.

iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iviicrociot is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As far as fat loss goes I had the most success doing 30 minutes of cardio with hiit Mixed in and then doing a 4 day split with 4 sets of reps going 12 10 8 6 on my lifts... unfortunately after getting promoted and still being a student Ive found that 10-12 hour work days don't give me 2.5 hours to spend in the gym 4-5 days a week. I spent some time with 5x5 and honestly I feel the program works best on a recomp or bulk with strength gains being the focus.

The cut variation is 3x5 and to me the volume is too low unless you have your diet prefect and you're strictly aiming for muscle/strength retention.

What has been working for me is 30 min cardio/hiit followed by 30-60 minutes of push/pull supersets with a focus on hitting the whole body. The pace is intense, my heart rate is through the roof and I'm ready to drop from exhaustion when I'm done.

Yesterday my pull day was deadlifts/preacher curls, sldl/bentover bb row , bentover db rows/close grip cable curls, leg curls/ face pulls .then ab work 2-3 sets 8-15 Reps except dl Which was 3x5 heavy after warmups.