sal21r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Over 40 weight problem

I am trying to help my wife loose weight and have gotten her to loose 3 lbs. I tried the calculating the body weight x 12 to loose weight but to no avail. I did the same for me and was able to loose 10 lbs. She is 4'11 and works out with a lot of cardio at work and by the time she gets home she is dead tired. I gave her the 50, 40, 10 break down for fat loss, but like I said no luck. Is there anyone who can help.

Sincerely Ramirez
    The Good husband

ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sal21r View Post
    I am trying to help my wife loose weight and have gotten her to loose 3 lbs. I tried the calculating the body weight x 12 to loose weight but to no avail. I did the same for me and was able to loose 10 lbs. She is 4'11 and works out with a lot of cardio at work and by the time she gets home she is dead tired. I gave her the 50, 40, 10 break down for fat loss, but like I said no luck. Is there anyone who can help.

Sincerely Ramirez
    The Good husband
    Mr. Ramirez,

First off, props to you for seeking advice to help you an your partner in yall fitness journey. "Those who lift together, stay together". There is an incredible amount of information in this forum that could help you with your question. Although the female body is extremely different form their male counterpart, the basics are still the same. To lose weight, one must have a deficit in their calorie consumption vs what they spend. A daily 500 calorie deficit (3500/wk) will yield 1lb of fat loss per week.

Take advantage of the Stickys under weight loss or nutrition. one in particular is Nutrition For Newbies & Must Read Threads. It has some great information.

Best of luck to you my friend

Resident Craft Brewer Hooverville's Avatar
    Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ESCOTTI View Post
    Mr. Ramirez,

First off, props to you for seeking advice to help you an your partner in yall fitness journey. "Those who lift together, stay together". There is an incredible amount of information in this forum that could help you with your question. Although the female body is extremely different form their male counterpart, the basics are still the same. To lose weight, one must have a deficit in their calorie consumption vs what they spend. A daily 500 calorie deficit (3500/wk) will yield 1lb of fat loss per week.

Take advantage of the Stickys under weight loss or nutrition. one in particular is Nutrition For Newbies & Must Read Threads. It has some great information.

Best of luck to you my friend
    The 3500 calories per pound rule has been proven to be a myth. Consistent weight loss of a lb. A week is not that simple, too many variables.

Read the stickies.

Eat less and move more. It doesn't get much simpler than that.
    It's your diet.

*COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW*

ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) ESCOTTI will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=
    Eat less and move more. It doesn't get much simpler than that.[/QUOTE]

Hooverville- I completely agree, it is absolutely not that simple and the variables are endless. However, eating in a deficit (hitting your Macros) along with a good exercise program will result in weight loss. Another words, "Eat less and move more".

I'll be sure to read the sticky on the 3500 calorie myth.

Thanks man,

sal21r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks for the advice

Originally Posted by ESCOTTI View Post
    Hooverville- I completely agree, it is absolutely not that simple and the variables are endless. However, eating in a deficit (hitting your Macros) along with a good exercise program will result in weight loss. Another words, "Eat less and move more".

I'll be sure to read the sticky on the 3500 calorie myth.

Thanks man,

I have been counting all of her macros methodically. I will lower her calories and adjust her macros. I just thought it was a little odd that the tailored calorie and macro count didn't work as well as it had for me. Thank you for the advice.

JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator

Target daily calories at -300 of what the BMR comes up with & combine with exercise 4-5 days per week...should be good for .5 to 1 pound per week if you are disciplined and don't cheat.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823