Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do you work with fat in protein sources

I try to get as lean protein as possible, but when it comes to beef the leanest choice still has 8 g of fat (1 g sat) for each 100 g, I eat 200 g of this per serving. I am wondering should I eat an EFA on top of this or not?

Crossing the Rubicon Serpens Aeon's Avatar
    Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000)
    It depends on your macronutrient needs and goals. Personally, I like my meals with fats to contain anywhere from 15-25g of the stuff, so some EFAs might be a nice addition (a steak with sliced avocado is godly). I think it's better to shoot for less beef fat than that, however.
    "Glory, as anyone knows, is bitter stuff."
    -- Yukio Mishima

"[T]here is no inner man, man is in the world, and only in the world does he know himself."
    -- Maurice Merleau-Ponty

lifting for short people utjock12's Avatar
    utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utjock12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    saturated fats are only bad for you in excess, just like everything else. it probably doesnt matter if you are eating clean, just make sure it falls into your daily allowances and youll be fine.
    succeeding is not enough, others must fail.

becoming godsized! bodybuilder45's Avatar
    bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im guessing this is in the form of a cut of steak because extra lean ground beef can be found anywhere at 96% lean or higher. if its a steak cut, why not hand trim it yourself? i do this myselfwith beef tenderloin steaks and it cuts down the fat on an already lean cut. when i get done with it, its close to zero fat for a 6 oz serving.

Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alex_Kap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in Canada and i cannot find anything that says exact amounts of leanness of the product, just extra lean ground beef. On the label it says 8 g of fat, 1 g of sat, and 20 g of protein. What I still havent gotten an answer for is lets say ur eating beef and veggies, the beef itself already would have 8 g lets say 16 g of fat per 2 servings, so should you also eat peanuts for example or is it unnecessary because the meat already has the necessary fat amount for the whole meal?
    Last edited by Alex_Kap; 07-28-2006 at 11:57 AM.

chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris3g will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Alex_Kap
    I'm in Canada and i cannot find anything that says exact amounts of leanness of the product, just extra lean ground beef. On the label it says 8 g of fat, 1 g of sat, and 20 g of protein. What I still havent gotten an answer for is lets say ur eating beef and veggies, the beef itself already would have 8 g lets say 16 g of fat per 2 servings, so should you also eat peanuts for example or is it unnecessary because the meat already has the necessary fat amount for the whole meal.

that's about 90%

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Look for bison/buffalo meat. It is a very lean red meat choice and tastes great.

Also, if you grill any meat, I believe the fat amount will be lessened to some degree.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes make up the difference by adding the amount of fat u need for that meal.

Originally Posted by Alex_Kap
    I'm in Canada and i cannot find anything that says exact amounts of leanness of the product, just extra lean ground beef. On the label it says 8 g of fat, 1 g of sat, and 20 g of protein. What I still havent gotten an answer for is lets say ur eating beef and veggies, the beef itself already would have 8 g lets say 16 g of fat per 2 servings, so should you also eat peanuts for example or is it unnecessary because the meet already has the necessary fat amount for the whole meal?
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

becoming godsized! bodybuilder45's Avatar
    bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RipStone
    Look for bison/buffalo meat. It is a very lean red meat choice and tastes great.

Also, if you grill any meat, I believe the fat amount will be lessened to some degree.
    ostrich meat also rocks. its the leanest form of red meat available but buffalo tastes very similar to beef.