Herman345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey guys - New here and have some questions.

Hey, I'm 19 and have been reading this forum for a few days, looking for new workouts and stuff. I'm not new to working out, but I guess you could call me "casual" when it comes to my programs...Causal compared to some of the people on this forum that is... I'm about 6'0, weigh about 180lbs, Max bench is about 300lbs, and I'm guessing my body fat is somewhere around 15%. I don't have a six pack, but I'm not fat either. I usually lift weights at the gym 3 days a week, and run in the days between. But after reading around, in the past week or so, I've become more motivated and decided I want to get more defined, fit, etc. Now, I'm pretty happy with my lifting stats right now. Simply put, I'd like to lose body fat but not lose any muscle. I've been reading about "cutting" and such, but unless I'm mistaken, a lot of these programs seem to suggest that your weight lifting stats might go down in the process.

I've recently started eating 6 times a day, which seems to be the general concensus on how to lose weight effectively while staying healthy. Right now, my diet is roughly like this:

Breakfast is usually pretty heavy in carbs, then a snack (Usually a protein bar) 3-4 hours from breakfast. 3-4 hours from then, Lunch (A tuna or chicken sandwich and milk,) then in another 3-4 hours, usually another protein bar or shake. Dinner 3-4 hours from then, which is sort of random since I still live at home. I usually try to make it something like a salad, some chicken, a turkey sandwich, etc. I usually workout sometime after dinner, and after that workout I'll have another protein shake, mixed with water to eliminate fat (From what I understand, eating before bed is bad.)

Recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Remember, my goal is to lose weight while still maintaining muscle. I should also mention that when I eat bad, I gain weight pretty fat. I'm not blessed with a super metabolism like a lot of teenagers. I was chubby when I was younger, and it's only through dieting that I've come to be in relatively good shape.

Thanks in advance.

Nothing? Is this just way too over-done?

Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    mix your night time shake with milk. fat will slow down the digestion, so also take a couple fish oils.

EDIT: and if your really worried about the fat, get fat free milk. but still take the fish oils because of the healthy fat.
    COD4 on PS3. PSN: G-Jimbo type "misc" in the message

Originally Posted by disturb3d15
    mix your night time shake with milk. fat will slow down the digestion, so also take a couple fish oils.

EDIT: and if your really worried about the fat, get fat free milk. but still take the fish oils because of the healthy fat.
    Really? So having fat before I go to bed will somehow help me lose fat?

Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dothackdewey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Herman345
    Really? So having fat before I go to bed will somehow help me lose fat?
    The benefits of fish oil are far greater than losing fat. read this.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/charles2.htm

Edit: Misunderstood, but yeah, taking something that slowly digests will keep you out of a catobolic state, and keep your muscle on you and not breaking it down. Thus, causing your metabolism to be higher and burning more fat. Plus the longer something takes to digest, the more energy it takes.

ON Reps and Sets athlete DannyStevens27's Avatar
    DannyStevens27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DannyStevens27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DannyStevens27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DannyStevens27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DannyStevens27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DannyStevens27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DannyStevens27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Watch what protein bars you have....refined sugars
    ON/ABB Sponsored Athlete
    Owner of Premier Fitness

www.danielstevens.net
    www.premierfitnessrockford.com
    www.optimumnutrition.com
    www.americanbodybuilding.com