Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    prioritymail will become famous soon enough. (+50) prioritymail will become famous soon enough. (+50) prioritymail will become famous soon enough. (+50) prioritymail will become famous soon enough. (+50) prioritymail will become famous soon enough. (+50) prioritymail will become famous soon enough. (+50) prioritymail will become famous soon enough. (+50) prioritymail will become famous soon enough. (+50) prioritymail will become famous soon enough. (+50) prioritymail will become famous soon enough. (+50) prioritymail will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    While this thread is almost 13 years old, it would be my guess that its brought a LOT of people to this site.

Its the first result for the search terms "how to get broad shoulders".

From what I've gathered, the basic formula is as follows:

Military press.

Upright rows.

Lateral raises.

Personally, my best gains came from the MP. To think, all that time spent on pulling exercises...

prighello has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Resurrected.

jthom405 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jthom405 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jthom405 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jthom405 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jthom405 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jthom405 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jthom405 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jthom405 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jthom405 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jthom405 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Lots of good info here, gonna try the behind style press on my next shoulder day.

HIT_Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HIT_Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HIT_Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HIT_Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HIT_Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HIT_Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HIT_Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HIT_Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HIT_Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HIT_Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HIT_Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try shoulder per-exhaust, first to a set of lateral raises to failure/fatigue and then with no resp do barbell presses to failure/fatigue. Rest and repeat 1 or 2 more times.
    Intensity is simply doing more work in less time.
    http://www.getbulky.com/high-intensity-training.html

alexvalls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BillGill View Post
    Obviously broad shoulders are good looking and attractive. However I do not possess them. I realize there is nothing i cannot change my skeletal frame. But i desperately need to know what I can do to widen them. Please, any excercises or just assurance would be welcome, i have a basic understanding on how to work the deltoids, but do the shoulders actually widen with excersice. Again any advice would be welcome as i am self consious about my body and worry NONSTOP about it. Thank you.

Rob
    Okay, so I can see that you're 30, and that makes things slightly more difficult because you've already gotten any natural shoulder width out of puberty that you're gonna get. Basically, your best bet for actually WIDENING your bone structure/cartilage is through two exercises: Cross-bench dumbbell pullovers and Reeves Deadlifts. Cross-bench dumbbell pullovers expand the ribcage, and since your ribcage can only expand forward to a certain point, the only other way to go is out (thereby increasing shoulder width). Reeves deadlifts are where you grab onto the edges of the plates instead of the bar, grip it, and rip it. These put a strain on the tendons and cartilage, stretching them out. Do these pretty light so you don't dislocate your shoulders m8. (I'm not responsible for any damage done by said exercises, do at your own risk brah)

So there's that, and basically the only other thing to do is add muscle to your shoulders and upper lats. Hope this helps, write me back if it does.

Peace brah

PotereAssoluto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PotereAssoluto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PotereAssoluto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PotereAssoluto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PotereAssoluto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PotereAssoluto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PotereAssoluto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PotereAssoluto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PotereAssoluto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PotereAssoluto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PotereAssoluto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Here we go again...
    14 and counting

SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Is there a way to know how wide my shoulders (the bone part at least) will be, I'm 18 btw.

LesbianGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LesbianGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LesbianGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LesbianGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LesbianGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LesbianGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LesbianGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LesbianGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LesbianGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LesbianGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LesbianGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Lateral raises

Wide shoulders are mostly genetic but you can squeeze a few inches of width by developing your side delts, the best for this are lateral raises.

Rear delts are also important for diagonal width perspective.