powerlift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerlift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerlift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerlift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerlift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerlift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

im gonna do football for the first time next season, any tips?

ok im gonna be a senior next year and i was convinced by one of the linemen to play and right now i weigh 175lbs at 5'7" and today we maxed lifts and i did bench-245 squat-315 military press-140 deadlift-365 powerclean-160(yeah i hate this one!) i wanna play linebacker cuz theres some guys who are like 5'10" 150 at that position who dont have any mass or strength, just endurance its a joke!, and it sounds fun, i just wanna knock some heads on the field! any tips regarding nutriton?
    age 17 5'7" 185lbs

bench 295
    squat 385
    deadlift 420

tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnel00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    go on a huge bulking diet throughout the season, otherwise you'll lose a lot of weight.
    | ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
    ..Make the Misc Great..
    .Again - Donald Trump.
    |___________|
    `````\ (•◡•) /
    ``````` \ /
    ``````` ---
    ``````` | |

Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000)
    nothin on nutrition but work your legs. Try not to be too low of bf you dont want an injury.

EDIT 5'7 and linebacker d00d u will get smoked.
    Business As Usual

Annapurna II

Anyone can look big standing alone

SummitJag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SummitJag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SummitJag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SummitJag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SummitJag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SummitJag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SummitJag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SummitJag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SummitJag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SummitJag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SummitJag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You play washington football, so go ahead...it sux anyway. Texas football is the way to go

southernstunna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) southernstunna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) southernstunna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) southernstunna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) southernstunna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) southernstunna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) southernstunna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) southernstunna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) southernstunna has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SummitJag
    You play washington football, so go ahead...it sux anyway. Texas football is the way to go
    bump to that. my high school gets 10 thousand fans at the games.

That's going to be the thing I miss most about high school.

Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SummitJag
    Originally Posted by MetallicaMan88
    nothin on nutrition but work your legs. Try not to be too low of bf you dont want an injury.

EDIT 5'7 and linebacker d00d u will get smoked.
    Way to be supportive guys. I live in Texas, and yeah, high school football is a big deal here, but that's not going to say other states don't have their prospects, and they all do.

Your lifts are pretty decent, keep in mind this is high school football. IF everyone else on the team is as thin as you say they are, you should start no problem. Not every team has 6'0 200+ lb linebackers you know.

jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    spend LOTS of time in the weight room and dont stray from it. your not gunna kick ass if your a pussy. if you wanna be ok then workout when you have to. if you wanna be good then workout when you feel its needed, but if you wanna be great....then youll love liftin and runnin till you puke.
    Cursum Perficio

hall moniter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey i have been playing high school football for the past 3 years. One key to keep in mind is that u have to eat. U burn SOOO many calories at practice. I started at 210lbs when i was a freshman, and now im 245lbs (6'3) going into my senior year. Eat lots of carbs, and drink protein shakes, thats what i did to gain weight and mass.

Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It sounds like you would make a better running back at your size. I'm assuming you're pretty quick?

Kobe on his way to # 6 kobekobe's Avatar
    kobekobe will become famous soon enough. (+50) kobekobe will become famous soon enough. (+50) kobekobe will become famous soon enough. (+50) kobekobe will become famous soon enough. (+50) kobekobe will become famous soon enough. (+50) kobekobe will become famous soon enough. (+50) kobekobe will become famous soon enough. (+50) kobekobe will become famous soon enough. (+50) kobekobe will become famous soon enough. (+50) kobekobe will become famous soon enough. (+50) kobekobe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat a crap load, go to the gym.

with his strength he should be fullback, if he gains mass

port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) port_joey is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    lifting and eating doesnt make you a good football player.. it helps a hell of a lot but you can expect to start just cuz you are stronger then the next guy. make sure your doing football specific drills.. i like some of the NIKE sparq training, or just go to the football section of BB.com

study the position, study the game, lift hard, run hard, and you better learn to love cleans(maybe try hang cleans those are better for football)
    height-5'6
    weight-175

bench 275
    squat 360
    dead 365

"i'm one of the baddest mutha****as of all time-one of the best singers and one of the best lookin mutha****as u ever seen- hold my drink bitch"

jrsoxfan18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrsoxfan18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrsoxfan18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrsoxfan18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrsoxfan18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrsoxfan18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrsoxfan18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    work on the basics like your stance, explosiveness, technique, hand position... Theres a lot to learn.

Yea, in florida, the SPARQ combine is saturday, i cant wait. And a lot of positions are mostley teqnique, so u can easily get beat by a weaker kid.

k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50) k9nacl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    at your size there is little chance you'll play LB unless you're fast and smart as hell, especially your first year. you're strong but no where near as fast/experienced as a good LB needs to be, a first year player won't get stuck in that position.

you won't be as good as you think, either. you may think you can just run out and play and crack heads your first game, it doesn't work like that. with your size/build you'll maybe be on O or most likely D line if you're kinda quick and smart, tackle of some sort.

SPARQ is a great program to work, as well as just working on power and explosion, especially if you're playing line.

powerlift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerlift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerlift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerlift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerlift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerlift247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah actually we attract 10-20,000 per game here too, were 4A we play at the big stadium not at school cuz we dont have lights. ya i know i may not be that good starting out but i still wanna hit some people but i need to learn more about the game first, and what position to play, im too small for lineman, too slow for reciever/db, maybe too short for lb, im quick and have strength but im not super fast so idk what position i should play.
    age 17 5'7" 185lbs

bench 295
    squat 385
    deadlift 420

Registered User jaggernatfighta's Avatar
    jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    California is badass 2
    Originally Posted by SummitJag View Post

Registered User jaggernatfighta's Avatar
    jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaggernatfighta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Play fullback you said u wanna open a can of whoop ass on some1, well FB is the best job to knock off ppls dicks. i mean your blocking you run the ball and u go out for passes. alls u have to do is have the willing power to destroy, and play after play put your heart in it. Maybe the coach will put u there, also id bulk up if i were u.
    Originally Posted by powerlift247 View Post
    yeah actually we attract 10-20,000 per game here too, were 4A we play at the big stadium not at school cuz we dont have lights. ya i know i may not be that good starting out but i still wanna hit some people but i need to learn more about the game first, and what position to play, im too small for lineman, too slow for reciever/db, maybe too short for lb, im quick and have strength but im not super fast so idk what position i should play.

ccolditz20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ccolditz20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ccolditz20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ccolditz20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ccolditz20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ccolditz20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ccolditz20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ccolditz20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ccolditz20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ccolditz20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ccolditz20 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    western pa football is sick to. look up some of the present and former players that have came out of western PA the list is sick

Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Galindo62 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You got to work on power clean man! That's really important for football players. You need the explosiveness.

Also your going to hear it alot from your coaches to eat as much as you can.

Remember your gear is going to weight probably over 20lbs.

Average football players loses atleast ten lbs throughout a season.

Have fun! Be aggressive.

Snufflez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should be fine; I'd focus on explosive workouts. Like what was previously said, lifting helps but doesn't really make you an automatically good football player.

A type of saying I remember is "Whoever gets lower wins." and is normally true. That being said, 5'7 isn't too short to play linebacker depending on your coach's defensive scheme. I'm from a school of only about 800-900 people (Can't remember which Division right now) and our linebackers last year were 5'6, 205 and 5'5 200.
    Last edited by Snufflez; 05-24-2009 at 10:44 PM.

k-leg will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-leg will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-leg will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-leg will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-leg will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-leg will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-leg will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-leg will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-leg will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-leg will become famous soon enough. (+50) k-leg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    strong 3 year bump

sninh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sninh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sninh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sninh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sninh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sninh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sninh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sninh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sninh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sninh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sninh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if you have hands you could also try TE

AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000)
    Uh, OP is going to be a college junior now.

Just sayin'...
    forum rule
    Discussion of illegal, banned, or controlled substances. This includes but is not limited to: steroids, FDA banned substances, pro-hormones, illegal drugs (United States laws apply), and prescription drugs. If it isn’t a product currently sold on Bodybuilding.com take caution in discussing it.

>= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) >= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) >= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) >= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) >= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) >= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) >= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) >= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) >= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) >= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) >= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Texas football is intense from what I hear. I also hear the freshman go through HELL in southern football programs.

jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by powerlift247 View Post
    ok im gonna be a senior next year and i was convinced by one of the linemen to play and right now i weigh 175lbs at 5'7" and today we maxed lifts and i did bench-245 squat-315 military press-140 deadlift-365 powerclean-160(yeah i hate this one!) i wanna play linebacker cuz theres some guys who are like 5'10" 150 at that position who dont have any mass or strength, just endurance its a joke!, and it sounds fun, i just wanna knock some heads on the field! any tips regarding nutriton?
    lol i read it wrong and i thought u said u did 315 milatry press and i was like wtf. But then i read it right.
    1000lb club by August

AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000)
    Guys, he doesn't need tips for his senior year of high school anymore.

He was class of '07 if I read his initial post right.
    forum rule
    Discussion of illegal, banned, or controlled substances. This includes but is not limited to: steroids, FDA banned substances, pro-hormones, illegal drugs (United States laws apply), and prescription drugs. If it isn’t a product currently sold on Bodybuilding.com take caution in discussing it.