Page 154 of 325 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,620 of 9750
    joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x1337xNoobx View Post
    Haha, that's why Jared Jeffries is in the league for so long.
    Bingo haha

Originally Posted by jneller31 View Post
    anybody out there have some advice on how hard i can push my legs in a week. I play everyday, train everday, lift legs twice a week and my knees are toast. squats are outta the question so any good lifts to keep my legs big and my knees pain free?
    You need to have an off-season if you want to continue growing leg-strength. It is one or the other, endurance or strength, both at the same time won't work.

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    guys, i just want to check i'm not being stupid but i ruck is when 1 person joins 2 tackled players and is still a ruck when the tackler leaves even if its just one guy sealing and if your presenting the ball but your arms are stretched out is the ball still part of the ruck or is the ball in open play even though you have your hands on the ball. happened at training to tonight and i thought it would of been offside but everyone else thought the ball was out.....i was also lyining straight with the touchline and not the tryline so the player stealing the ball would definatley have to come round the side to get the ball.

Originally Posted by NeedGrip View Post
    at practive today I kind of ****ed up my foot should i just wrap/ice it?
    ice it and try mobilise it as much as you can.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by joakman View Post
    An elite level athlete that could squat 700 lbs at only 175 lbs would be winning power lifting championships at your age. There are MANY members on this forum who are much bigger than you who max off at around 545. You say you are not here to be an online hero, but you say you can squat 700 and run a 4.45, last I checked Vernon Davis wasn't on the forums.
    Vernon Davis actually runs in the high 4.3's.. if you really want proof of my 4.45 then here you go check out my highlight video below.. this was a few years ago when I was only 155-160ish and only 17 but I havent slowed down actually developed and got faster. I currently dont have proof of my squat but it's deff legit. I didn't come to be an online hero, I came to post my stats and try to figure out why I cant dunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndL9Anpnlc4

dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Its pretty obvious you are a super unexplosive guy!! IF you squat 700 and cant even dunk

joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What does a highlight have to do with you running a 4.45. When you are laser timed and run a 4.45 and squat 700 recorded at a combine, then you can preach it. Until then, it means nothing. I came from a HS that breads top level football players, one of the best programs in the country, no one squatted 700 besides a handful of lineman who got close and were/are MUCH bigger. If, IF you squatted 700 lbs you would be competing for powerlifting championships. And if your squat is that high, your deadlift should be higher than it, or around it.

This link says you squatted 450, which was about 18 months ago and judging by your post history here, you have had some time off and dropped to 148 lbs. Needless to say you have not increased your squat by 250 lbs in that time while taking some off time.

If indeed you could squat that much, you would not be asking questions about steroids either because you would know that it is possible doing it naturally.

Forgot link: http://www.tri-citycharge.com/Recent%20Signings.html

S&C Coach/ Rugby Coach GregNuthurst's Avatar
    GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thought I'd throw up something on the new interpretations.

1v1 Tackle

Tackler by definition MUST got to ground. So you tackle a guy and you are both on the deck. Previously you could simply get to feet and play the ball. Now you must get to feet and release the player (the rules haven't changed) before playing at the ball. You do not need to come through the 'gate'.

2v1 Tackle

Second tackler: same rules apply but you MUST come through gate, even if you don't go to ground as primary tackler.

Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hey guys, I'm starting to work out my legs for jumping. and was wondering if using a weighted vest would assist me. I plan on doing the basics covered in this thread, like box jumps, lunge jumps etc. would wearing a weight vest help me?

toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GregNuthurst View Post
    Thought I'd throw up something on the new interpretations.

1v1 Tackle

Tackler by definition MUST got to ground. So you tackle a guy and you are both on the deck. Previously you could simply get to feet and play the ball. Now you must get to feet and release the player (the rules haven't changed) before playing at the ball. You do not need to come through the 'gate'.

2v1 Tackle

Second tackler: same rules apply but you MUST come through gate, even if you don't go to ground as primary tackler.

never new that i thought you had to come through the gate aswell. doesn't really make a difference for me when playing only when watching. as i'm sure come next aug there will be some new rules for me to play with ever since the 1st ELV's...no passing back into the 22 etc we have had new rules every year.....and still have ref's and coaches who are less clued up than the players. like my coach last/this year refused to believe that my team where moving to 'proper/full' scrumaging laws rather than u19's untill the first league game of the season and ive had a few ref's that thought we still played u19's scrum laws aswell. gota love lower league rugby.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500)
    What does a highlight have to do with you running a 4.45. When you are laser timed and run a 4.45 and squat 700 recorded at a combine, then you can preach it. Until then, it means nothing. I came from a HS that breads top level football players, one of the best programs in the country, no one squatted 700 besides a handful of lineman who got close and were/are MUCH bigger. If, IF you squatted 700 lbs you would be competing for powerlifting championships. And if your squat is that high, your deadlift should be higher than it, or around it.

This link says you squatted 450, which was about 18 months ago and judging by your post history here, you have had some time off and dropped to 148 lbs. Needless to say you have not increased your squat by 250 lbs in that time while taking some off time.

If indeed you could squat that much, you would not be asking questions about steroids either because you would know that it is possible doing it naturally.

Forgot link: http://www.tri-citycharge.com/Recent%20Signings.html
    I have recorded a 4.45 and that squat is from when I weighed 20 pounds less 2 years ago and wasnt working out seriously. I did to 148 at one point and now back up to 175. I may consider post a video to shut you up of me squating 500-600 multiple times but I don't like maxing out especially since the person video taping it would probably be me spotter haha. Like seriously looking at your pics you really arent **** and its funny you'd question me.

Thumbs down

Edited post, no need for drama. If you have an issue, you can contact me directly. E-stats/e-drama will not be tolerated.
    Last edited by joakman; 03-23-2010 at 10:26 PM.

BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000) BreezerD is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Goliath101 View Post
    argh didnt even take notice of this thread until now!!

So anyway long story short, rugby has always been the thing i've been best at my whole life. my career has been riddled with injuries (mainly my knees). I have played quite high level rugby, representing the state when i was 16/17(had my knee reco at 17)

After a dissapointing season last year (grade 2 MCL in the 2nd round of the comp), I had been doing a lot of thinking on whether or not to play in the 2010 season. About 2 weeks ago I decided it was now or never and started training, albeit quite a few weeks late haha.

Couldn't play in the first trial due to work committments, but played on the weekendin the blistering heat. Ended up playing all of 4ths and a half of 3rds. Glad to see my knees and body for that fact held up quite well except for the extreme stiffness sunday morning haha.

I've given myself the goal to get on tv playing rugby this year, which looks like my best chance in doing so will be playing for 2nds and backing up for 1st.

I plan to give myself the best opportunity to do so by training harder and more consistently both in rugby and outside of rugby, as well as improving my nutrition.

And for those wondering, I'm playing with Eastwood (as I always have).

Good luck to those also playing this season!! and go the Hurricanes and All Blacks!!
    Good luck. I'm playing Gordon Colts. Go the Stormers and Springboks

Edited post, no need for drama. If you have an issue, you can contact me directly. E-stats/e-drama will not be tolerated.
    Yeah you say that after you neg me.. just kind of ridiculous I try to post my stats and get advice but instead it turns into questioning my stats. People need to just face that some people are legit and some people aren't. Just cuz I don't "compete in power lifting competitions" doesn't mean I am not legit. Lebron James could play pro football but he doesn't because he plays basketball. Just because lifting in competitions isn't my thing doesn't mean I am fake, it's just not my thing. It's so stupid that just cuz some clowns post bogus 4.2 40's and other stats that it's impossible for anyone to actually have incredible stats for real. To be honest it's kind of a complement and makes you more proud of your accomplishments when people don't believe it. I am going to be in Germany playing football untill the summer but I live in Maine not too far from Mass and would always be willing to meet at a gym half way and prove you wrong.

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by paella View Post
    Today I was playing tighthead and the loosehead was getting his head under my chest and pushing me up. When we engaged he wouldn't hold the shove then slipped under my shoulder to my chest. If I pressed him on the engage the ref would penalize us for not holding the shove. I can't push him down as our hooker swings of the prop and hooks with both feet - and he'll come off worse if it collapses. How can I deal with someone doing this?
    I do that a lot. As an undersized loosehead (102-105kg), I have to take every technical advantage I can. There are a couple things a #3 can do to even the odds.

First, he can lean. I'm outweighed by a good 30-50kg by every tighthead in my league. If I put my head into their sternum and they decide to just lean on me, it puts all of their weight on my shoulders and neck. I'm a pretty strong dude, but that will really put me off balance and take away my advantage most of the time. Once they start doing that, though, I have a counter that usually makes them play straight for the rest of the match.

Another thing you can do is after the engage, is to slide your bind from the back to the underside of the shoulder and pull. (I think that's what it is, but I'm always on the receiving end, so I'm not sure.) It's best to stay away from that one, though. If the ref sees it, you will be called for it.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    I do that a lot. As an undersized loosehead (102-105kg), I have to take every technical advantage I can. There are a couple things a #3 can do to even the odds.

First, he can lean. I'm outweighed by a good 30-50kg by every tighthead in my league. If I put my head into their sternum and they decide to just lean on me, it puts all of their weight on my shoulders and neck. I'm a pretty strong dude, but that will really put me off balance and take away my advantage most of the time. Once they start doing that, though, I have a counter that usually makes them play straight for the rest of the match.

Another thing you can do is after the engage, is to slide your bind from the back to the underside of the shoulder and pull. (I think that's what it is, but I'm always on the receiving end, so I'm not sure.) It's best to stay away from that one, though. If the ref sees it, you will be called for it.
    id love to be 102-105kg try being 96kg i can defantley notice the loss of the 7kg i used to have at scrum time. must get some big tightheads if they are all 130kgs.

if all you mean on the bind is move it 'up' you'll get away with that as i'm sure most refs unless they played prop just care about there being an actual bind. they'd have to be a pretty good ref imo if the watch you bind and then see you pull with your bind and ping for you for. the best bit of tighthead advise ive ever been given is to try and touch your inside ear to your binding arm elbow......doest work at losehead, if your playing a tighthead who is good at that this isnt much you can do....as a losehead you pretty much have to beat him on the hit and force him out of his bind........what i wana know is why i can never think of these things on a saturday. i might make a list of every trick i know and pick 3 or 4 and just do them every game.
    Last edited by toad1; 03-24-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chillcut will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i got a tough one...

About me: Played ball my whole life. One year at juco and one year as a walk-on (prep squad) at a D1 school, transferred for academic reasons.

Ive struggled with patella tendinitis since my last year in high school. It has gotten bad enough that I can really only play once a week or so. After like 4-5 drives and layins I find myself hangin out around the three point line for the rest of the night.

Do you know of any good exercises that help increase vertical and explosiveness that will not aggravate my knees? Or strengthen the quads to relieve pressure on the knees?

I lift legs once/twice a week (depending on how my knees feel)

I start out with squats (knees feel fine)
    Hamstring curls
    Calf press sited
    Leg curls
    Another range of motion hamstrings
    Calf raises standing
    Then something like some lunges (usually hurts) or leg press
    Calf raises sited

I destroy my calves and hammys every week hoping that will help but without plyos and other exercises that involve jumping (kills the knees) I don’t know what will help.

Any thoughts?

I would keep squatting if it isn't bothering you. I have the same issue with my left knee. I do 2 sets of warm-up squats.. 5/3/1 powerlifting routine.. then finish off with 5x10 working on good form. Best thing I have done, but if something like this makes the problem worse, I would say look into physical therapy.

balla6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balla6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got a problem with my jumpshot, its a problem that has been plaguing me from becoming a great player for the last 6 or 7 years. to describe what my shot kinda looks like in terms of shot preparation its kinda like ray allen. I put the ball in the center of my head about 6 inches above my head and my shot starts from my waste. My follow through is open handed and I only bend my legs a little so i just get a quick pop cause I have a 40 inch vertical, so leg strengths never been a problem. Obviously I'm no ray allen, I'm just trying to give you an idea on my shot form.

I have a really bad hitch in my shot, and it causes my back to curve as i'm on my way up. so kinda like my head jerks back and my body follows. so if you were to look at me shooting from the side, my body doesnt go straight up.....my body goes like this bracket on the way up. ------> ) (so this bracket represents the way my body goes and the direction of the bball hoop in this case would be to the right)

I don't know how else to describe it i hope you understand what i mean. I know a hitch means not smooth. I don't know if I'm winding up too quickly or whats going on because I want a shot where I can just explode up as quick as possible.

Could you help me out??

Try shooting without jumping and adjust as needed. I would use your jumping ability to your advantage on shooting as well, no need not to. If you feel like you are winding up too quickly, it may be the case. I wouldn't start your form from your hip/waist, I would try starting higher and jumping as high as possible and go from there.

dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500)
    MY back hurts a lot of box jumping. It hurts when i hyperextend it. I think its bc when I jump i bring my legs up to land and it rounds my back really quickly bc of how fast the jump is. But I have only have had this happen twice and they were both when it was my first time box jumping in a few months. Do I just need to get used to the exercise? Am I unflexible? I box squat 4 inches below parallel fine and do tons of lunges and single leg squats with added ROM and go all the way down.

mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Had a short full contact game at training yesterday. Started at 8 which i have little experience. I'll probably stay at openside unless they go with their other loose set-up.
    I'm also a jumper/lifter in the multi-pod line.

One question though how long do tissue injuries usually last and is their anything I can do to speed up the recovery. I have one on each of my calves, one on my left upper arm and one on my right forearm. Thanks all.

butta914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i play basketball and really want to increase my vertical. Im basically at the point of dunking just cant get the ball in. But i want to increase my explosiveness when driving to the basket.

Any recommended programs?

halffttime is just really nice. (+1000) halffttime is just really nice. (+1000) halffttime is just really nice. (+1000) halffttime is just really nice. (+1000) halffttime is just really nice. (+1000) halffttime is just really nice. (+1000) halffttime is just really nice. (+1000) halffttime is just really nice. (+1000) halffttime is just really nice. (+1000) halffttime is just really nice. (+1000) halffttime is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mjoffball View Post
    Vernon Davis actually runs in the high 4.3's.. if you really want proof of my 4.45 then here you go check out my highlight video below.. this was a few years ago when I was only 155-160ish and only 17 but I havent slowed down actually developed and got faster. I currently dont have proof of my squat but it's deff legit. I didn't come to be an online hero, I came to post my stats and try to figure out why I cant dunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndL9Anpnlc4
    hahha there's no way in hell you're squatting 700lbs at 175lbs bodyweight..

Sabre2552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sabre2552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sabre2552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sabre2552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sabre2552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sabre2552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sabre2552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, I've just gotten into basketball, so right now I really suck at it, but it's a ton of fun to play. The problem is, my legs are just extremely weak; I can only squat around 120. Cause of this, my jump is awful, and I'm not able to dunk, and can't block shots very well against people half a foot shorter.

I'm starting Rippetoes now to try and boost my squat (and overall strength) a ton. I know I'm not supposed to do much cardio or anything, but basketball is so fun to play; I like to do some 3 on 3 with my friends afterschool for like 20-30 minutes a day. Is this detrimental to my strength gains? I'm looking to be able to dunk come Senior year.

I'd also like to just work on my shot to warm up my muscles a bit at the gym before working out, would this be okay? I really want to get stronger; I'm so weak right now it's embarrassing. But I don't want to give up having fun and playing basketball a bit with my friends to do it.

It would be fine to play and lift, but it may hinder strength games a little bit. At your age and raw size it shouldn't be much of a concern.

Warming up on the court is fine, just don't overdo it. Keep working and improve everyday.

Pontiusont will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pontiusont will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pontiusont will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pontiusont will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pontiusont will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pontiusont will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pontiusont will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pontiusont will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pontiusont will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pontiusont will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pontiusont will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Sabre2552 View Post
    I'm 6'5" with about a 6'7" wingspan, but my vertical jump is just pitiful. I can only tap the rim of a 10' hoop if I jump my hardest. I'm wondering if this is because my legs are really weak; I can only squat 120x5. If I work on my squat strength, will this help me to dunk? I'm also looking to learn power cleans to help explosiveness, would this contribute any?
    Yeah, you need to lift weights. I'm a bit taller than you, and when I was younger I could barely even dunk because I was so skinny. Please don't do any plyometrics until you put a decent amount of muscle on your legs. All that stuff does is condition your legs more for jumping, it doesn't add muscle since it's mostly all bodyweight exercises. At your size and weight, you will just mess up your knees. Just hit the weights, eat lots of food, and you will grow fast man.

TheWhiteFlight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheWhiteFlight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Pontiusont View Post
    Yeah, you need to lift weights. I'm a bit taller than you, and when I was younger I could barely even dunk because I was so skinny. Please don't do any plyometrics until you put a decent amount of muscle on your legs. All that stuff does is condition your legs more for jumping, it doesn't add muscle since it's mostly all bodyweight exercises. At your size and weight, you will just mess up your knees. Just hit the weights, eat lots of food, and you will grow fast man.
    I wouldn't say to forget about plyometrics altogether. Just start out with some of the lighter plyos. Tuck jumps, squat jumps, and two or one foot foot hops are all plyometrics for beginners. But definately hit the weights too.

S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10) S1XM4N is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by S1XM4N View Post
    No he really means the opposite foot. You will notice a lot players (especially in the NBA) that on free throws shoot with the same foot forward as their shooting hand. Although several players shoot high percentages like this it doesn't mean it is correct form. Reggie Miller shot a high percentage jumber but if I ever saw someone under 18 shoot that way they should be crotch kicked. The opposite foot forward is for ballance and allows you to use you legs while staying centered and ballanced for a correct shot.

B.E.E.F
    Ballance
    Eyes on Target
    Elbow Under the Ball
    Follow Through
    I have to correct myself here and eat the words that I typed!!! Shooting with your opposite forward is not recommended, that being said the shooting side should only be slightly forward. You can shoot with either foot slightly forward without effecting the shot but the most important factor is maintaining centered balance.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

"He that cannot endure the bad will never live to see the good!"

"Confucius says little boy with itchy butt wakes up with stinky fingers."

Jounal70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Took a couple days for me but i was able to read threw most the sites info! Your very knowledgeable..

TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    HEY GUYS!!

Sorry, but I am just finishing up my vacation in Hawaii and have not had too much internet access throughout the trip. I will promise each of you, that I will respond to ALL of your questions once I get a little time and get home from vacation.

Talk soon...

P.S. I have some great videos I will be making for my youtube channel to help you guys out a little bit...as always, post comment son my channel asking for what you would like to learn in a video, and I will try to get back to you with a vid.
    3K+ ~Misc Jumpers Crew~

Get Faster in just 3 minutes!! : www.twicethespeed.com

******** Fan Page (ask questions here): http://www.********.com/twicethespeed1

CSCS/SAQ Performance Specialist

TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TwiceTheSpeed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jounal70 View Post
    Took a couple days for me but i was able to read threw most the sites info! Your very knowledgeable..
    Thanks bud...stay tuned for more and check out my youtube channel
    3K+ ~Misc Jumpers Crew~

Get Faster in just 3 minutes!! : www.twicethespeed.com

******** Fan Page (ask questions here): http://www.********.com/twicethespeed1

CSCS/SAQ Performance Specialist

Page 154 of 325 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast