Page 11 of 325 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    fair enough but they are playing the lions lol(i have to lol whenever i mention that name) i think the game of the weekend will be waratahs/stormers

Currently eating

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ruga or anyone else wanna take a look at that in season routine i posted on the previous page, i think
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by monatu View Post
    Ruggabugga whats your schools in season weights routine like? does your school give you one?

ours is terrible, im just gonna do a modified version of Joe D's from his site

our SCHOOL in season is:

Monday/Wed (Game is on saturday)

Deadlifts - 8,6,4
    Squat/Leg Press/Lunge - Choose one - 8,6,4
    Bench - 8,6,4
    Chinups
    Power Clean (+Press for tight 5) - 8,6,4
    Dips 3 sets to failure

Thats it. Monday and Wednesday. Is it just me or is Max Deadlift/Squat twice a week in-season a completely stupid idea. Or does it actually look ok? I tried to do it today and just ended up completely tired after the Dead's/Cleans and everything else was done half ass and not up to proper intensity.

Mine (modified from de francos in season one)

Monday:

Bench 8,6,4
    Stiff Leg Deadlift 3x8
    Pullup 3x5
    Db Shrug 3x10
    Tri Pushdown 3x10
    Core

Wednesday:

Clean and Press - 5,5,3
    ATG Back Squat - 8,6,4
    Incline Db Bench - 3x8
    Lateral Raise - 2x15
    Seated Row - 3x8
    Incline Db Curl - 3x10
    Core

After 3 weeks I rotate the exercises. I think mine looks better. Max Deadlifts/Squats 2 times a week (with only 1 day in between) is gonna burn me out considering the amount of running we have to do in training and the game itself.
    Mate, our school gives us no training what so ever, no one in my team trains other than myself and i just use routines that i posted at the beginning of the thread, running bill starrs now...

Your school routine posted is **** in my opinion, for starters deadlift twice in 3 days, along with squats, bench and clean i the same session... lol what a pile of ****...

yours is better rep ranges seem fine, just a few things i would change
    i would do it something like this

Monday:

Bench 8,6,4
    Deadlift 3x5
    Pullup 3x8
    Db Shrug 3x10
    Dips 3x10
    Core

Wednesday:

Clean and Press/jerk - 5,5,3
    ATG Back/front(alternate each week) Squat - 8,6,4
    Incline Db Bench - 3x8
    Lateral Raise - 2x15
    Barbell row - 3x8
    Db Curl - 3x10
    Core

Currently eating

mattyj46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ruga buga View Post
    fair enough but they are playing the lions lol(i have to lol whenever i mention that name) i think the game of the weekend will be waratahs/stormers

Yeah that should be a cracker of a game that one. Sharks are giving the Crusaders a solid workout, 13-10 with 13mins togo.
    After spending 3 weeks in the USA and dropping back to 160lbs on December 26 time to muscle up again!

Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
    Yeah that should be a cracker of a game that one. Sharks are giving the Crusaders a solid workout, 13-10 with 13mins togo.
    sharks playing a bad brand of rugby the last few weeks, now 18-10 with 2 mins left

Currently eating

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mate, our school gives us no training what so ever, no one in my team trains other than myself and i just use routines that i posted at the beginning of the thread, running bill starrs now...

Your school routine posted is **** in my opinion, for starters deadlift twice in 3 days, along with squats, bench and clean i the same session... lol what a pile of ****...

yours is better rep ranges seem fine, just a few things i would change
    i would do it something like this

Monday:

Bench 8,6,4
    Deadlift 3x5
    Pullup 3x8
    Db Shrug 3x10
    Dips 3x10
    Core

Wednesday:

Clean and Press/jerk - 5,5,3
    ATG Back/front(alternate each week) Squat - 8,6,4
    Incline Db Bench - 3x8
    Lateral Raise - 2x15
    Barbell row - 3x8
    Db Curl - 3x10
    Core
    thanks for that Ruga.
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Anybody here playing 1st team schools rugby next year?

Originally Posted by ElWilson View Post
    no, the year after though, i hope...

Currently eating

ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Oof - I hear SA schools rugby is really competitive, like 8 teams per year? A few lads who play at my school went on tour with their club to SA and they said the facilities at some of the top schools are sick.

yeah school rugby over here is HUGE!!!

8 teams per a year? for what?
    they have provincial tournament during july for the best players in the 18 unions and then they select 2 teams comprising of the best players at the tournament and these two play each other.... competitive as hell, but great fun

Currently eating

Yeah erm 8 teams per year from A-H or 1-8

oh yeah depending on what school but most major schools have 7-8 sides for u17/18 age group, usually about 4/5 teams per u16, 15, 14 age groups

Currently eating

Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    oh yeah depending on what school but most major schools have 7-8 sides for u17/18 age group, usually about 4/5 teams per u16, 15, 14 age groups
    Lucky bastards, there's probably not even eight players between 14-16 at my school. I wish i was south african...

Anyone got a favourite for the premiersihp this year?

I reckon its gotta be wasps, maybe Bath, but I can't see anyone else winning it.

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey guys, found another program that looks pretty good for rugby. Just DON'T(!!!!!!!) forget your conditioning.

http://www.southsrugby.com/docs/weightsprogram.doc
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DBee has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    sup

What type of speed training do you lads recommend for rugby? i.e should I be training for 50m speed or 10-20m speed?

symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    so I managed to dislocate my wrist this morning, hand ran over in a ruck :P

symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dickyw View Post
    Lucky bastards, there's probably not even eight players between 14-16 at my school. I wish i was south african...

I reckon its gotta be wasps, maybe Bath, but I can't see anyone else winning it.
    Moneys on my team... Wasps :P

Originally Posted by Dickyw View Post

Man, south african rugby is corrupt though with the whole black and white issue... Im going for bath

Originally Posted by Dom_88 View Post
    Hey guys, found another program that looks pretty good for rugby. Just DON'T(!!!!!!!) forget your conditioning.

http://www.southsrugby.com/docs/weightsprogram.doc
    looks interesting

Originally Posted by :D View Post
    sup
    o hai

What type of speed training do you lads recommend for rugby? i.e should I be training for 50m speed or 10-20m speed?
    what position?

Originally Posted by symphony-x View Post
    so I managed to dislocate my wrist this morning, hand ran over in a ruck :P
    shame mate, thats what happens when you get down and dirty

Currently eating

Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by symphony-x View Post
    Moneys on my team... Wasps :P
    I dunno Bath are looking tasty atm. Especially in the game right now lol 45-0 at half time against Saracens... :O Not a full strength sarries but still :O

Wasps vs Bath had better be the final, that would be succcch a good game.

yeah that would be a killer game....

bath are dominating saracens HECTIC!

Currently eating

Yeah, but you gotta commit if you wanna get good :P

yeah have to say Bath are looking impressive, but I hear a buzz in the air... its gotta be wasps all the way :P

playin 2nds team school rugby this year, but its my last year of school so yeh

got smashed today, something like 40-0 or something

first half they got 6 or 7 tries, but in the 2nd half we kept them to only scoring 1 try and we almost scored off a lineout drive

They had 2 state representative players in the team though, one of which was my opposition in the scrum - was surprised as he really didnt dominate me at all, he had a good running game though - lots of breaks through our backline.

KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Our boys won 10-7 in the first round of playoffs to make the semis. One of the greatest displays of heart I have ever seen, including a stand at the try line which lasted the last three minutes of the game. I do not know the official word but our defense almost broke down with seconds left but our best player ended up "holding up" the other teams player as he attempted to lay it down in the try line... it was absolute insanity when the final whistle blew everyone stormed the field.

First round of playoffs and we were seed #12 vs seed #5.

Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by big_addz View Post
    nice thread ruga buga.

i play league, but we can both live 2gether on this forum in peace cant we!?
    NO..start ur own thread

Originally Posted by scootcologne View Post
    NO..start ur own thread
    we all rugby players here leauge, union, 7's, touch... long as you love the game, here is the place

Currently eating

Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kollungr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    we all rugby players here leauge, union, 7's, touch... long as you love the game, here is the place

I can accept all....but what about rippa rugby?

I can accept all....but what about rippa rugby?
    care to explain

Currently eating

a new form of 'rugby' designed to make all new zealand children into soft cocks.

basically it is touch except the goal is to rip a flag off the side of the opponents shorts(that is the touch)

it was introduced as rugby in the lower grades was declining, so a new game was introduced in an attempt to introduce new kids to rugby, until they grow some balls and play the real stuff.

a new form of 'rugby' designed to make all new zealand children into soft cocks.

basically it is touch except the goal is to rip a flag off the side of the opponents shorts(that is the touch)

it was introduced as rugby in the lower grades was declining, so a new game was introduced in an attempt to introduce new kids to rugby, until they grow some balls and play the real stuff.
    oh right yeh

thats basically just touch rugby, its in Australia as well (Called Oz Tag). Only we dont replace normal rugby with it, just play it during say school lunchs/warmups at training/phys ed class