CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Beginner in need of exercises, please help.

After reading the posts and discussions on this board I've decided to change my routine.

My previous routine used to be Chest-Monday, Arms/Legs-Tuesday, Shoulders/Back/Traps-Wednesday, Rest-Thursday, A little of everything-Friday, Rest Sat/Sun.

Although my muscles don't feel sore after all this, it would appears that what I'm doing might be overtraining. So I decided to cut back my exercise routine to Monday, Wednesday, and Friday only. But I'm undecided as to which muscle group I should hit on those days.

Is it better to go: chest/triceps monday, biceps/back wednesday, shoulders/traps/legs friday, or isolate chest on monday and do more chest exercises and put tricep on wednesday so I can hit the whole arm on one day?

Also, since I am changing my routine I am also changing my exercises. I realized that doing 4x10 of each exercise and doing like 4 exercise for each muscle group is way too much. But since I am only a beginner I don't know which exercise is the most effective for each muscle group. So if someone could be helpful and give me a routine to try out that could hit my muscle group most effectively.

I'm asian with small frame body so it's unlikely that I'll get very big. But what I am aiming for is to do exercises that help me get some buffness but more emphasis on cut and form.

hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't say you won't get big, I mean you won't get to 230 cut natural , but you could get pretty big regardless and you will still look big. doing chest and triceps together is fine. do like 2 sets of a weight you can do 8x for each exercise. 3 exercises for each part. you should gain okay off of that for a while.

ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50) ja2001x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Check the link in my signiture, it has a list of excersizes that are BEST for adding mass. Compound movements are the best way to go, without question.

Train your split as you wish, I hate putting shoulders with legs but if you have to then you have to, right? If you keep the volume low and look into abbreviated training youll have better luck on a 3 day split, putting pull/press movements together, in my opinion.

Nutrition is a big part to bro, look into that.

1-2 excersizes per bodypart for 1-3 sets, low-moderate reps.
    Need info on abbreviated training? Follow the link below!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72579

Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brick has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

well...

I think legs should be on there own day as they tend to take alot of energy, just my opinion. As far as the other bodyparts go you'll here differant things 3-day, 4-day, 5-day, full-body. You can preatty much put whatever wherever. I prefer a 3-day split MON. CHEST\BACK WED. LEGS FRI. BIS\TRIS\SHOULDERS but this is my prefrence. You just need to try certain things to find out whats going to work the best for you, and yes it will take awhile so patience is a must. There's alot of good advice on these boards keep lookin and put together a routine try it for a few if its not working for ya try something else. And as for that last sentence, don't think that, think i can be as huge as i wanna be.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Beginner in need of exercises, please help.

Originally posted by CrazyEights

I'm asian with small frame body so it's unlikely that I'll get very big.
    Really? How about this for inspiration:
    Attached Images
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanx for the input guys. Wasn't that asian guy in Bloodsport with Van Damme? Oh and I hit the gym today and work on Biceps and Back together for first time and I realized NEVER to work on biceps before my back. It was such a killer working on my back once my biceps were worn out. Next time I will go with back then biceps. On friday should I work on my triceps first or shoulders first to avoid overworking? I think shoulders first and then triceps would be a good idea.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    not to sound like an advertising unit, but if you're starting off you may want to check out my book- i wrote it exacelty for people such as yourself(starting off, poor base, etc..). it could help save you a lot of trouble...atleast check out the sample

http://irondog.netfirms.com
    Booo

HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by amusclehead
    not to sound like an advertising unit
    sorry, too late for that.
    I think, therefore I am.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by HopkinsSTUD
    sorry, too late for that.
    *whistle* I don't know what you're talking about *whistle*
    Booo

drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do not have a day just to do a little of everything, no good will come out of this and you will overtrain

So this is what my new routine will look like, please critique:

Monday: Chest/Triceps/abs

Incline bench - 3x (8,4,failure)
    Flat Bench - 3x (8,4,failure)
    Decline Bench - 3x (8,4,failure)
    Wide Bench - 2x8
    Close-Grip Hammer Strength Bench - 2x8
    Skull Crusher - 3x (8,4,failure)
    Cable 1-hand pressdown - 3x8
    Cable Pressdown - 3x8

Wednesday: Back/Biceps/Legs

BentOver Rows - 3x8
    Weighted WideGrip Pull Ups- 3x8
    Cable Rear Pulldown - 2x8
    Cable Front Pulldown - 2x8
    DB Curls - 3x8
    BB Curl - 3x8
    Hammer Machine Overload - 3x8 (Middle, Beginner, End)
    Leg Press - 3x8
    Leg Curl - 3x8
    Leg Extensions - 3x8

Friday: Shoulders/Traps/Abs

Behind Neck Press - 3x (8,4,failure)
    Seated Military Press - 3x (8,4,failure)
    Shoulder Press - 3x (8,4,failure)
    BB Uptight Rows - 3x8
    Shrugs - 3x8

Ok this is what I have jot down as my new routine. Please give suggestions or comments on which exercise I should add or remove or change to provide most efficiency.

HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HopkinsSTUD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try this:

Monday: Chest/Triceps

Incline bench - 3x (8,4,failure) ; might want to sub. dumbells
    Flat Bench - 3x (8,4,failure)
    Weighted Dips- 3x (8,4,failure)
    Skull Crusher - 2x (8,4,failure)
    close grip bench- 2x (8,4)

Wednesday: Back/Biceps/Legs
    Weighted WideGrip Pull Ups- 3x8 ;or chinups
    BentOver Rows - 3x8
    Deadlifts: 3x6

BB Curl - 2x8
    ------------------------------
    Leg Press - 3x10
    Leg Curl - 3x10
    Squats/Front Squats - 3x10

Friday: Shoulders/Traps/Abs
    Overhead press: 3x8
    Dumbell Press: 3x8
    Upright Row 2x8 or bent over lateral raise

Abs: weighted crunches, cable crunches, weighted knee/leg raise.

there we go....much better.

I would only train abs once a week. Also, I dont think traps need to be targeted directly unless they are lagging, they get lots of work on back day. I would separate legs and back/bicep day. I dont see any calf exercises... add a few in. also dont forget rest days- (2-4 a week)- dont do any lifting one these days.

did i miss anything?
    I think, therefore I am.

Thanx Bro! But only 2 sets for bicep? Should I just stick with that or is it ok if I add 3 more set of lever machines or would that be overtraining?

Originally posted by CrazyEights
    Thanx Bro! But only 2 sets for bicep? Should I just stick with that or is it ok if I add 3 more set of lever machines or would that be overtraining?
    its hard to say exactly...everyone is different and weight lifting isn't an exact science. After back day, 2-3 sets is enough for my biceps, since they've already been worked with back exercises. if you feel like 4-6 sets would be more appropriate for you, go for it. but remember than quality is better than quantity. Listen to your body-it doesnt lie.
    I think, therefore I am.

Thanx for the advice bro!