trojanball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Want to try the KETO diet need Help

I really want to try this diet, but can anyone help me on the foods I can eat and what I can't eat. I have read the sticky, but would like to know more from people that are using it now. Thanks Trojanball

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    foods to eat:

bacon, whole eggs, steak, chicken, lamb, pork chops, roast beef, cheese, hamburger patties, mayo, mustard, sausages, penut butter, salad dressings, olive oil, flax oil, lettuce, broccoli, butter

foods you cant eat:

bread, pasta, milk products (except for butter and cheese), alcohol, fruits, pop (except for diet), fruit juices, rice, potatoes, potato or tortilla chips, anything with sugar in it.

hope this helps

cheers

Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If i just did 3 mile of cardio

could i come in and drink a couple of glasses of milk?
    or does that throw me off?

musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool

Yes, drink a protein shake instead.

Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malgavito will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No acces to a protein shake

anything else good?

musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cottage cheese!!

Thanks,
    how much?
    I am taking this to aid muscles
    usually when i dont do post workout i am soar

but is the milk ENTIRELY bad?

I read post workout milk is good ratio of casein and whey?

am i wrong?

Terminator X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terminator X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terminator X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terminator X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terminator X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terminator X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terminator X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terminator X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terminator X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terminator X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Terminator X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sorry but yes milk is bad...i sure miss not having milk as a protien source... but it has too many carbs... i think its like 13 grams per serving.... most of that is lactose, which is certainly not good for a keto diet...

So how much Cottage Cheese would be good for a post workout?

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yes milk is a no no on a keto diet

Originally posted by Malgavito
    Sorry to quote..
    no one seems to know how much?

Blindfaith? Chi? fitnessman?

Does anyone know how much would be a good post workout routine,

anything good for cardio?

Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Malgavito
    you dont want to have cottage cheese for post workout nourishment... its mostly casein, which is a slow absorbing protein.. you should be taking in a whey/dextrose shake post workout...

if you want cottage cheese, then itd be good in your meal that you have 1 hour after the post workout shake (or any other meal throughout the day)... watch out for the carbs in it when yer in ketosis (4g/serving if I remember correctly), but its a good quality protein.. great in a before bedtime meal...
    Anxed

Pull another face
    rip another hide
    steal the waning moon
    from a dying bride
    all the world must die
    all the world must die
    ripped and skinned alive...

Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Angry

damnit... didnt mean to reply again..
    Anxed

Pull another face
    rip another hide
    steal the waning moon
    from a dying bride
    all the world must die
    all the world must die

Ok,
    So.. I'm trying to do Keto.
    I am trying to lose fat.
    And i do an hour of cardio

what would be good for post workout for me?

I don't have access to protein shakes...

So what would be good for now?

And what do i need to go look for?

I heard post workout is important and helps recovery, which is important to me.

Anyone?

thanks

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what would be good for post workout for me?

I don't have access to protein shakes... Some whey would make this so much easier IMO.

"I heard post workout is important and helps recovery, which is important to me."

A few oz of cottage cheese whould be ok, I guess, but it definately not the best IMO. You want a mix of High GI carbs and fast absorbing protein (which makes whey ideal postworkout)

Cottage cheese and a banana would work........but........
    some Dextrose or maltodextrose and whey is best IMO.

Post workout is MASSIVELY IMPORTANT on keto especially.

PEACE

Re: Wait a minute...........

Originally posted by Chi_town
    Chi screwed up............peace
    whoa... good catch... is right...
    Last edited by Chi_town; 11-14-2002 at 10:25 AM.
    Anxed

Pull another face
    rip another hide
    steal the waning moon
    from a dying bride
    all the world must die
    all the world must die