Cody89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

open for suggestions

sup everyone im cody. im 16, 6'5, 308 pounds. I realy didnt care that i was over weight till yesterday i stumbled on this site and seen some of the amazing transformations people have gone through, so ive set my mind on making my own trans. happen.

The only problem is ive NEVER cared about health so now that i want to be healthy i have no clue where to begin. So what i am asking for for suggestions on the fastest (yet safe) way possible to lose the weight.

Not what I use to be..... StrongEnough?'s Avatar
    StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Excellent!

The first thing I'm going to tell you, is forget the word fast. Now that we have that out of the way, let's give you some basics.

5-6 meals a day
    eat every 2-3 hours
    eat the same amount of Protein, Carbs, Fats (EFA's) IN EVERY MEAL!!!!!!! (This isn't nessessary, but a starters concept. There are some meals where I have no carbs at all), try to cut your carbs out in the evening, unless your workout is late.
    7+ hours of sleep
    Tons of water!

How much calories to take in?????
    Click on the first link. Take that number, and multiply is by one of the 5 selection of your daily activities on the second link. Once you have this number (Maintenance level), subtract 500 from that number when Cutting, and increase by 500 when Bulking.

Example : BMR = 2000, Activity level = 4, 2000x 1.725 = 3450 - 500 = 2950. This is what you should start your calories at. Seem high? These will drop as you lose more weight.

1st link ---- >http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
    2nd link ---- >http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...dict-equation/

Protein : Poultry, fish, red meat, cottage cheese, Whey, eggs
    Carbs : Whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread (100%, but be careful with store bought bread. Almost all Store bought bread contains HFCS. Look into ezekial bread). brown rice, rolled or steel oats, fruit
    Fats: Olive oil, fish oil, flax oil, nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts), almond and peanut butter (all natural)

Want to know about the different types of fat, and which ones are Good/Bad? --->http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/fats.html

Dairy: Fat free yogurt, skim milk, fat free cottage cheese, or soy milk

EAT YOUR VEGGIES! (They're low calorie/carb yes... but have you look at what minerals are in them????)

Pre-workout Meals: 60-90 minutes before workout
    Post-workout Meals: Within 45 minutes after lifting (Get a High GI carb, and a fast source of protein like Whey)

Cardio : 4-5 days a week, 1 hour tops (for cutting)
    1-2 days a week, 1 hour tops (for bulking)

**The 1 hour tops doesn't mean you have to do 1 hour every sessions. I personally keep it between 40-50 minutes, sometimes I'll only do 30. I just see so many people doing 90 minute sessions and don't realize that it's too much**

Lift Heavy!!! 3-4 days a week! Do not train the same muscle group every day, or every other day. Allow a good 48 to 72 hours rest before training that muscle group again. Keep reps between 8-10 range, 3-4 sets. This doesn't include a warm up set. Make sure the muscle group is nice and warm before hitting it hard. And let go of your ego. Don't stand there and curl 90lbs, or try benching 300 if you can't. Lower the weight, practice good form, and in time the gains will come. Don't worry about what the "other" guys are doing.

Once a week, enjoy a cheat meal (that's meal, not day)

Drink water, but not over doing it. Drink when you're thristy! Too much water will flush your electrolytes, and you'll feel/look like ****!
    Don't know what Electrolytes are? Read here --- >http://science.howstuffworks.com/question565.htm
    http://www.medicinenet.com/electrolytes/article.htm

Remember, you're not only doing this to look great, have washboard abs, and 18inch guns, but to be in great shape and very healthy. Eat Clean, Lift heavy. This is a lifestyle change, not a destination.

http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/recipes.htm <----The place for some great meals. Compliments of SpyTechsWife!

Cody89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    k if i follow this plan excactly how long will it take to reach my target weight. and also what would be a good target weight for me, im 6'5 and according to this chart that determines your build from the size of your wrist (8 3/4) im a large build, so would my target be like 200?

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For 6'5 with a large bone structure, I would say 240-255 with 12-15% bodyfat would be a good healthy "athletic built or not ripped" goal.

You can probably drop over 2 pounds a week at the start just by cleaning up your diet, then it will slow down to 1 pound a week the closer you get to a lean bodyfat %. So assuming you need to drop 60 pounds, I would give myself 1 calendar year to account for setbacks. If you can do it faster, GREAT.
    Last edited by nithos; 02-28-2006 at 06:03 AM.