scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Members of Bodybuilding.com I present to you an Article by DOCTORS, that disprove you

I don't want to start a riot, but I'm new to Creatine. I don't know who to trust. This bodybuilding site looks reputable, with lots of personal experiences n such. But then you got doctors condridicting everything you say. So you can see where I am right now....

I want you to read this article and give me your full opinion on what you think. My father does not want me doing this "loading phase" because of what he has read on here. Please just give me some good information guys.

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/34/1728_85767.htm

violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Creatine causes water retension, and I'm not sure where, but if its in your blood then yes it can probably cause high blood pressure. I'm not sure though.

bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Totally dated and with false information to boot.

That was a horrible read. I skimmed over most of it because I can't believe the junk in that article. If your dad's reading things like this, he'll really disprove about you working out.

KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500)
    "... He was creatine loading," Locker recalls. "He had taken 24 grams the night before. The body only produces 2 grams of creatine, so he was really loading."

Holy **** 24 grams the night before?

This kid was an idoit, also there is nothing saying it was creatine that made his BP high, nothing at all. It probably is a mere coincedence (sp)

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Creatine fills muscle cells with water. Adding more leverage. More leverage means more weight is able to be lifted. More weight that is lifted means more stress on the muscle fibers, meaning more potential for growth.
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scarface6590 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks guys, I was just wondering wTF is up with this thing

mmm....yeah no one else wanna share their opinions?

I thought this was a pretty hard hit on what bodybuilder's here say

timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50) timmy47 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you dont need to load. and as for blood pressure, i take creatine and my doctor told me yesterday that mine is perfect. so i dont think the creatine was doing it. altough, i dont load. i use about 10 grams a day: 5 before, and 5 after a workout.
    Last edited by timmy47; 02-24-2006 at 07:53 PM.

TS-BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TS-BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TS-BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TS-BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TS-BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TS-BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TS-BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TS-BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TS-BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TS-BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) TS-BB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by scarface6590
    mmm....yeah no one else wanna share their opinions?

I thought this was a pretty hard hit on what bodybuilder's here say
    Not really man I have a book by Dr. Nick Evans m.d. that states " Most scientific studies have praised creatine's safety record, concluding that short-term use of this supplement is well tolerated in healthy young adults." To ensure safety, it's wise to cycle your creatine use. For example, take it for 6 to 12 weeks, then go off it for 4 to 6 weeks to allow your body to return to normal."

So as long as your smart on your usage it will be a great thing for your future in lifting and getting bigger / stronger.

BTW- Dr. Evan's book is amazing

Mens Body Sculpting
    By: Dr. Nick Evans, MD
    - "The only thing that I fear is the thought that one day I may not have a dream, so I will not let this one go until I get all that I want. Take it. Be an Animal. F*ck everything else."
    -Animal Pak

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=7076443#post7076443

^ My Transformation

Height - 6'0
    Weight- 190
    Bench- 275
    Squat- 365
    Deadlift- 375
    Curl - 115

RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RiK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Morbid_Mind
    Creatine fills muscle cells with water. Adding more leverage. More leverage means more weight is able to be lifted. More weight that is lifted means more stress on the muscle fibers, meaning more potential for growth.
    Yes so when this moron says "And remember, when you stop the creatine, all the extra bulk disappears," he's talking ****e because we don't just take it for the water weight, it's too facilitate muscle building.

Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KMMuscle24
    "... He was creatine loading," Locker recalls. "He had taken 24 grams the night before. The body only produces 2 grams of creatine, so he was really loading."

This kid was an idoit, also there is nothing saying it was creatine that made his BP high, nothing at all. It probably is a mere coincedence (sp)

Seriously, any idiot who takes 24 grams of Creatine the night before deserves to have their BP off the charts.

Also doesn't Creatine pull water from body cells into MUSCLE cells leaving muscles STRONGER? I think alot of that article was wrong and newer people in bodybuilding need to do proper research. By proper I mean sure read the statistics by physicians, but also read the articles and stuff done by pros and other people into health and fitness.

Statistics and things like that recommeneded by physicians are for the "average joe". Not for some 200 lb, fully active athlete, on a proper diet and gettin proper rest. I do respect my doctors opinions but he doesn't put things into what I like to call "bodybuilder boundaries". He keeps them in the "average joe" range and I'm just not in that range anymore.

Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by scarface6590
    I don't want to start a riot, but I'm new to Creatine. I don't know who to trust. This bodybuilding site looks reputable, with lots of personal experiences n such. But then you got doctors condridicting everything you say. So you can see where I am right now....

I want you to read this article and give me your full opinion on what you think. My father does not want me doing this "loading phase" because of what he has read on here. Please just give me some good information guys.

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/34/1728_85767.htm

OH NO!!! *GASPS* "DOCTORS"?!?!

They didn't go to medical school for creatine supplementation buddy. People have a common misconception they're godlike. Truth is you might as well ask them to fix your car if you're going to ask them about certain things like this. And when they're not sure they'll always play it safe or they risk malpractice.
    "Adversity reveals genius, prosperity conceals it."

Think about what you want in life. Then ask yourself what you're doing to achieve it.

Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cell-Tech

They didn't go to medical school for creatine supplementation buddy. People have a common misconception they're godlike. Truth is you might as well ask them to fix your car if you're going to ask them about certain things like this. And when they're not sure they'll always play it safe or they risk malpractice.
    Could.... not.... agree.... more....

TUBESOCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TUBESOCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TUBESOCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TUBESOCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TUBESOCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TUBESOCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TUBESOCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TUBESOCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TUBESOCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TUBESOCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TUBESOCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Creatine can raise your BP. Its raises mine. I'm not saying to dangerous level.......and I'm not saying thats what happen to this kid. I am saying that when I use creatine my bp is higher. Of coarse lots of things have this effect! If you don't drink enough water, caffiene, tabacco, stress. If you really are concerned don't use! If you do use monitor your self!
    Just more evidence that crack don't smoke itself!

Showtyme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Showtyme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Showtyme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Showtyme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Showtyme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Showtyme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Showtyme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KMMuscle24

You guys know 24 grams is a pretty typical loading protocol right? Of course you're not supposed to take it all at once, it should be spread out through the day.

But there's nothing unusual about loading with 20 - 30g creatine.

Hero. Psycho. Insomniac. Skigazzi's Avatar
    Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There is no need to do a loading phase in the first place, thats pretty much agreed on, so just take 3-5 grams a day and be happy
    The Dark Knight...Rises.

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Cell-Tech

Truth

But they are better than nothing.....
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience