Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Registered User crazynewzealander's Avatar
    crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Sex before marriage - Let's Debate

Right, if you're gonna reply then lets like all be cordial and nobody disses anybody else for their own beliefs. Sex before marriage is a very touchy subject and some people believe in it whereas others don't. For me I have had the fact that sex before marriage is bad drilled into me from an early age (Christian upbringing) But I've always been an independent thinker and I though to myself "What's wrong with sex before marriage?" Well I dont think anything is wrong with it as long as you truly love the person, you keep it safe and both people are emotionally ready.

All opinions welcome.

Thanks,

Sam

Persecuted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Persecuted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Persecuted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Persecuted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Persecuted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Persecuted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Persecuted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Persecuted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Persecuted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Persecuted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Persecuted is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well I do think it's wrong, but i still do it.

So yes I am a sinner. I don't know how harshly this is viewed to be judged in the bible though...

Does anyone know any verses of fornication and judgement?
    John 3:16
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

1 Corinthians 15:14
    "And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith."

Samsonite! I Was Way Off! AceVentura's Avatar
    AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500)
    Sex is a personal decision, if you don't want to have sex before marriage, good for you, if you do want to have sex for marriage, by all means go for it.

But respect others' position on the matter.

There's no right or wrong answer, it's a matter of personal opinion.

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, what's wrong with it is that God forbade it and demarked it as one of the Major Sins. You cannot rationalize your way out of God's commandments. If it's important enough for God to prohibit, it's a big deal.
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500) AceVentura is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by SYRIANKID
    Well, what's wrong with it is that God forbade it and demarked it as one of the Major Sins. You cannot rationalize your way out of God's commandments. If it's important enough for God to prohibit, it's a big deal.
    So that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But since we don't live in an Islamic theocracy you have to respect other's decisions to the contrary. You can oppose it deep down inside, but if you come out and criticize someone openly, then you're out of line.

CoolGarrett is not very helpful. (-500) CoolGarrett is not very helpful. (-500) CoolGarrett is not very helpful. (-500) CoolGarrett is not very helpful. (-500) CoolGarrett is not very helpful. (-500) CoolGarrett is not very helpful. (-500) CoolGarrett is not very helpful. (-500) CoolGarrett is not very helpful. (-500) CoolGarrett is not very helpful. (-500) CoolGarrett is not very helpful. (-500) CoolGarrett is not very helpful. (-500)
    i think parents should teach sex before marriage because way to many kids are having sex at an early age and i dont think there ready for it

but i havnt waited to marriage but i wish parents taught to not have till marriage

Electronic Music Producer theredshirt's Avatar
    theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    there are certain health benefits for abstaning. but there are many health benifits for engaging. The way i see it, our 2nd biggest urge as a human can not be a sin. id argue that a very few percent of christians practice this rule. And far more have sex and then luckily get saved
    to listen to some of my compositions for free go here
    [url]www.mp3unsigned.com/theredshirt.asp[/url]

Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well you can't rationalize God's commandments, either, so that argument doesn't work so much. I think it's a personal decision, if you want to get into a sexual relationship go for it. It can complicate things sometimes, but usually one of the people isn't ready.
    bulking...lots of sushi, beef, chicken, oatmeal and milk everyday.

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AceVentura
    So that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But since we don't live in an Islamic theocracy you have to respect other's decisions to the contrary. You can oppose it deep down inside, but if you come out and criticize someone openly, then you're out of line.
    But you're doing exactly the same thing.

Something is easier permissible or it's not. Well to make the declaration that "hey bro, that's not sinful, do whatever you want" is exactly the opposite of "hey bro, that's sinful, avoid that". So there is no middle ground in this case. Telling someone there's nothing sinful about their actions is the other side of the fence, NOT middle ground. You are taking a religious stand by denying the sinfulness of an act.

So I would still caution everyone against intercourse outside of marriage.
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

Originally Posted by Hotbox4life
    well you can't rationalize God's commandments, either, so that argument doesn't work so much.
    Exactly, one cannot, that's why they are left to revelation, not personal opinion.

Registered User crazynewzealander's Avatar
    crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crazynewzealander has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Right, well where I live in NZ you get into serious trouble whether you are male or female if you have sex before the age of 16 and I'd say that after that age you're not too young for it. If you want to wait by all means wait but I think one night stands etc are wrong.

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Id say the main reason people think its "wrong" is because of religion. If you throw religion out of the argument, then most people probably wont be able to honestly say why they feel its wrong...
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theredshirt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by theredshirt
    there are certain health benefits for abstaning. but there are many health benifits for engaging. The way i see it, our 2nd biggest urge as a human can not be a sin. id argue that a very few percent of christians practice this rule. And far more have sex and then luckily get saved
    yep exactly, i think it is very fortunate for a lot of the christians who found jesus after they've had sex and drank in college and partied etc. I dream of a day where sex is not taboo on society, and can be widely talked about

Originally Posted by JAGERBOY
    Id say the main reason people think its "wrong" is because of religion. If you throw that out of the argument, then most people probably wont be able to honestly say why they feel its wrong...
    haha, well obviously if you disregard God's advice to you before you meet Him and are held accountable for your actions according to His instructions...then you wouldn't care. This is self-evident.

phat custom title yo desire4dumbells's Avatar
    desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) desire4dumbells has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haha, well obviously if you disregard God's advice to you before you meet Him and are held accountable for your actions according to His instructions...then you wouldn't care. This is self-evident.

^^ lol this guy drives me insane
    Move along, nothing to see here

JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The true question is, why do YOU believe its right/wrong....not what does your religion say about it.
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

Cybernetic Periodization KhanPaulsen's Avatar
    KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Id say the main reason people think its "wrong" is because of religion. If you throw religion out of the argument, then most people probably wont be able to honestly say why they feel its wrong...
    Too bad your reasoning falls short.

G-d commands it, yes, but as with a lot of His commands they do, in fact, have benefits when observed.

List EVERY positive benefit to sex before marriage, and then I'll go ahead and list the negative effects. Wait, I'll save you the effort on the positive benefits, since there's only one. The ONLY advantage is that the person gets sexual pleasure before marriage, outside of that there is no benefits to sex outside of marriage. I'll wait for you to come up with more, although they don't exist.

I can guarantee you which side, in fact, "wins". So even if you were to approach it from a secular standpoint, not having sex before marriage is extremely advantageous.
    Last edited by KhanPaulsen; 02-21-2006 at 08:12 PM.
    NSCA-CPT.

Originally Posted by desire4dumbells
    seriously though, he is very consistant with the teachings. cant blame him for being consistant

Originally Posted by desire4dumbells
    Ya, you and every other sane member of this board.

Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hotbox4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what if you have many wives? Are you allowed to sleep with your first wife before you are finished marrying the rest? Is this not sex before marriage?
    bulking...lots of sushi, beef, chicken, oatmeal and milk everyday.

The true question is, why do YOU believe its right/wrong....not what does your religion say about it.
    Since the definition of "right" and "wrong" is with God, it's wrong because God has made it wrong.

"Wrong" is not a personal opinion, like your favorite color or something. (I like green and white)

But you're doing exactly the same thing.

Something is easier permissible or it's not. Well to make the declaration that "hey bro, that's not sinful, do whatever you want" is exactly the opposite of "hey bro, that's sinful, avoid that". So there is no middle ground in this case. Telling someone there's nothing sinful about their actions is the other side of the fence, NOT middle ground. You are taking a religious stand by denying the sinfulness of an act.

So I would still caution everyone against intercourse outside of marriage.
    Well you are cautioning people against intercourse from the perspective that it is forbidden within Islam right?

Unless somebody is a Muslim, that obviously doesn't mean anything to them. I'd look at it from a different perspective. My personal perspective is that it's up to people to make their own choices and whichever choice they decide to make so long as it doesn't effect my ability to do the same is fine by me. So my personal position is that I don't have anything against sex before marriage, but overall I look upon it as a personal decision.

If I believe in something myself it doesn't mean I have to believe that everybody else should think the same way does it?

great f-in point. what is the reason sex is wrong before marraige according to the bible or whatever book you practice

Originally Posted by KhanPaulsen

G-d commands it, yes, but as with a lot of His commands they do, in fact, have benefits when observed.

List EVERY positive benefit to sex before marriage, and then I'll go ahead and list the negative effects. Wait, I'll save you the effort on the positive benefits, since there's only one. The ONLY advantage is that the person gets sexual pleasure before marriage, outside of that there is no benefits to sex outside of marriage.

I can guarantee you which side, in fact, "wins". So even if you were to approach it from a secular standpoint, not having sex before marriage is extremely advantageous.
    Theres one positive that out weighs all negatives....ITS FUCCING FUN AND I LIKE IT!

Case closed.

Originally Posted by Hotbox4life
    what if you have many wives? Are you allowed to sleep with your first wife before you are finished marrying the rest? Is this not sex before marriage?
    No, that's still marriage, an open and consenting marriage with witnesses, a social contract which is exited only through divorce etc. there are many other conditions.

You see, marriage is very easy, so there is no excuse for choosing fornication over marriage.

Cybernetic Periodization KhanPaulsen's Avatar
    KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Theres one positive that out weighs all negatives....ITS FUCCING FUN AND I LIKE IT!

Case closed.
    I rest my case.

STDs, unwanted children, inability to care for said children, dysfunction in the marriage due to lack of appreciation for monogamy and your partner (hey, with all this sex going around look at how many divorces we have nowadays!), and finally unfaithful spouses because they don't feel they `have` to have sex with you since they can get it elsewhere, etc.

Having sex before marriage establishes a precedent that's only reward is exactly what the clown JAGERBOY said. It's fun and he likes it, wow...such a deep reasoning.
    Last edited by KhanPaulsen; 02-21-2006 at 08:18 PM.
    NSCA-CPT.

Originally Posted by AceVentura
    Well you are cautioning people against intercourse from the perspective that it is forbidden within Islam right?

Unless somebody is a Muslim, that obviously doesn't mean anything to them.
    Actually, I'm cautioning them from the perspective of Islam AND saying that Islam is the Truth.

I'm not saying "intercourse before marriage is illegal for Canadian passport holders" I'm saying it's unlawful for ALL of mankind.

I'd look at it from a different perspective. My personal perspective is that it's up to people to make their own choices and whichever choice they decide to make so long as it doesn't effect my ability to do the same is fine by me. So my personal position is that I don't have anything against sex before marriage, but overall I look upon it as a personal decision.

If I believe in something myself it doesn't mean I have to believe that everybody else should think the same way does it?
    But your opinion is in fact a type of religious belief.

I rest my case.
    What case did you have? You had an opinion...based off religion that I dont follow, so your "case" means nothing to me.

I rest my case.

wewe kama wavulana little GEN-ButtNaked's Avatar
    GEN-ButtNaked is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GEN-ButtNaked is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GEN-ButtNaked is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GEN-ButtNaked is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GEN-ButtNaked is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GEN-ButtNaked is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GEN-ButtNaked is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GEN-ButtNaked is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GEN-ButtNaked is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GEN-ButtNaked is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GEN-ButtNaked is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

You gotta test drive the car before you buy it, otherwise your just plain nuts

List EVERY positive benefit to sex before marriage, and then I'll go ahead and list the negative effects. Wait, I'll save you the effort on the positive benefits, since there's only one. The ONLY advantage is that the person gets sexual pleasure before marriage, outside of that there is no benefits to sex outside of marriage. I'll wait for you to come up with more, although they don't exist.

it relieves stress, lowers blood pressure, lowers cholesterol, some studies link it to help reduce cancer. Burns many calories, overall happiness is higher, endorphins released. levels hormone levels keeping people more calm. It has many many benifits. That is why some argue that super religious people are always angry, they have hormonal imbalance (super religious = abstinant for life)