traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need program suggestion

Hi guys and gals,

So I've been on 531 for a while, got injured, returned to it and obviously loving it. Been doing the standard 4 day a week version.

In the coming months my schedule is changing up and I'll only be able to do 3x a week.

I've heard Stronglifts 5x5 is a good program but just wanted to ask your opinion.

My goals are obviously getting stronger but building muscle too. I liked that 531 incorporated both the strength training and the 5x10 assistance. But with 3 days I won't be able to hit all my lifts.

Would 5x5 be my best option?

Or perhaps splitting the 4 day a week 531 into 2 days? ABABAB?

A: 531 squat/5x10 squat/531 bench/5x10 bench
    B: 531 deadlift/5x10 deadlift/531 press/5x10 press

Let me know and thanks!

traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) traineeh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bump!

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stronglifts is a novice program with progression every session.

5 3 1 is for guys beyond novice, with progression every nominal month/mesocycle/"cycle", which can be anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks.

Wendler advises that the three day a week template lets you recover better on 5 3 1:

Squat Mon

Bench Wed

Deadlift Fri

Press following Monday

Repeat wave starting Wed

You should know this if you ever, ever read the original 5 3 1 ebook or articles.

5 3 1:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._pure_strength

Because of the overlap between squat and dead, and between bench and row, and the respective upper body pulling exercises to balance all the pushing, you'll be hitting EVERYTHING every 4-5 days. So you hammer everything three times in two weeks. That's about perfect when beyond novice.

And you'll have 4 days of recovery from heavy lifting every week.

You can also improve things if you switch the 5 x 10 like you do for the 5 3 1 Boring But Big Challenge:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...onth_challenge
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).