kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

First time knee has bothered me - advice?

Okay; so yesterday in addition to my normal leg routine, I got on the hack squat machine at the end just to do something a little different at the end. It felt uncomfortable to me and I was going down very low, probably too low. At any rate, soon afterwards I could tell I tweaked my right knee a little. No PAIN as such, but defintely something is off kilter. Feel it mostly when I squat down to pick things up around the house, etc. Below the knee, to the outer side, feels kinda deep in it. Just like a tugging feel, more than a pain.

Anyway, I've never had any trouble with my knees and am not doing leg day until a week from now anyway. So question is, do I skip next week and let it heal even more. Do I do a light leg day and see what I feel like? Wear a knee wrap of some kind, which I've never done before? Or do I not worry about it?

Precursor to this, half a week before, I did a very strenous hike with a lot of up and downhill. The downhill made my knees kinda swell up after awhile, so maybe this gym injury was a result of a previously weakened knee?

Thoughts appreciated.

porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    chop off your leg

kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kross65 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wow; what a constructive answer! You're a hilarious guy. Ever think of being a standup comedian?

MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kross65
    Okay; so yesterday in addition to my normal leg routine, I got on the hack squat machine at the end just to do something a little different at the end. It felt uncomfortable to me and I was going down very low, probably too low. At any rate, soon afterwards I could tell I tweaked my right knee a little. No PAIN as such, but defintely something is off kilter. Feel it mostly when I squat down to pick things up around the house, etc. Below the knee, to the outer side, feels kinda deep in it. Just like a tugging feel, more than a pain.

Anyway, I've never had any trouble with my knees and am not doing leg day until a week from now anyway. So question is, do I skip next week and let it heal even more. Do I do a light leg day and see what I feel like? Wear a knee wrap of some kind, which I've never done before? Or do I not worry about it?

Precursor to this, half a week before, I did a very strenous hike with a lot of up and downhill. The downhill made my knees kinda swell up after awhile, so maybe this gym injury was a result of a previously weakened knee?

Thoughts appreciated.
    THe knee sounds weak and therefore probably 'slipped' for lack of a better and more technical term. If you say you bothered it hiking prior - it sounds like you stretched a tendon or something. The pain will go away and I wouldn't squat with a knee that hurts. If it still hurts, i'd wait.

Don't worry about wraps and such yet. Just make sure to not aggrivate it... squatting with a weak knee is pretty dangerous.
    Height - almost 5'10"
    Current weight - 152 - WTF?

Workout Journal... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=677394

[url]http://www.myspace.com/msnubility[/url]