willamD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Splitting upperbody work (?)

Well I've had a routine that basically looks like this past couple months:

shoulders/traps

back/legs/biceps

chest/triceps

with rest days in between, however my shoulders may be too sore when I go to do chest, or back too sore to do shoulders. Is it really smart to split uppper body work into seperate days? I can't really do any upper body work without exercising my back/shoulders in some way, and I dont want to overwork/injure myself. Is there really any correct way to split upperbody work into seperate days without over-exercising any specific muscle?

Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ochman44 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Think about it though. All of your chest pressing movements you use your triceps and shoulders to assist. Some back movements you use your shoulders to help as well. If you wanna try and not be as sore, just have an upper body vertical push/pull day with shoulder presses, high inclines, pull up and chin up variations and another upper body day with horizontal pulling and pushing with rows and flat bench dips and stuff. And make sure you space them out by at least 2 days. I know when I try and do shoulder presses and bench presses on the same day my shoulder presses are weaker than normal so I can't do them in the same day and get a productive workout from both so I split them up.

amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A 3 day split of push (chest, tris), pull (back, bis), legs is pretty common.

I'm suprised you spend a whole day on shoulders and cram legs, back, and biceps into one day. Your back and legs have the most muscle of anywhere on your body.