Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Best and least harmful alcoholic drink

Ok so on the weekends I'm still a pretty big party girl..

I usually have a glass of merlot every night but I will totally cut that out.
    And then I only go out Saturday nights but when I do, I have a good 4 - 5 drinks consisting of either beer, mai tais, wine, or other sort of martinis... and I'm usually up until 4 am (at which point I am so hungry, I usually cant resist a good pepperoni pizza (all by myself!!)). Ok yeah, none of that anymore..........

What are some of the less harmful drinks to our diet and work out progress, IF THERE IS ONE.

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not a drinker... learn a hard lesson years ago... LOL But I red wine would be a good choice, and limited.

mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well mixed drinks are the worst. All the juices and sweet stuff, I take that back, anything with Baileys and Kahlua would be the worst. The beer, then wine. Clear alcohol usually has the least calories per ounce. I like crown and diet.
    Owen is here 10/31/06 8pds 2oz!!

Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Snowfly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I LOVE crown and pineapple..... damn

mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10) mom2adiva is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just don't drink too many You can still have them on occasion. My weakness is also Malibu and Pineapple or Purple Rains.
    Owen is here 10/31/06 8pds 2oz!!

beautifully broken spytechs_wife's Avatar
    spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i dont drink but ive seen people do diet sprite/sierra mist with a shot of malibu or something. the only cals would be coming from whatever amount of alcohol you put in.
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." - Phil 4:13

"The ultimate mystery is one's own self." - Sammy Davis, Jr.

Full service photography-
    offthecuffphotography.info

Training for Performance Angela R's Avatar
    Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

The fat storage dilema

The largest problem with drinking alcohol is that it takes VIP in your metabolism. Meaning, once you consume alcohol your metabolism stops burning and pushing the previously consumed and stored nutrients and concentrates solely on metabolising the alcohol. Which means the rest is being stored as fat.

I would agree with previous posts that alcohol without all the fuss would be the best choice. Anything with added juice and/or soda would have all that sugar. So on top of the alcohol you have all that sugar in your system. Which your body turns sugar 2-5 times more into fat than a starch.

So I would make your choices on your goals. Good luck. =)

So perhaps eat earlier in the day if you know you're going to be out drinking, so that your nutrients have by large been metabolised by then?

And I always get incredibly hungry after a couple of hours of drinking and as I'm 'coming down'.

Geno's Pastry Chef!!!! bamagirl's Avatar
    bamagirl is just really nice. (+1000) bamagirl is just really nice. (+1000) bamagirl is just really nice. (+1000) bamagirl is just really nice. (+1000) bamagirl is just really nice. (+1000) bamagirl is just really nice. (+1000) bamagirl is just really nice. (+1000) bamagirl is just really nice. (+1000) bamagirl is just really nice. (+1000) bamagirl is just really nice. (+1000) bamagirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like to drink, especially on the weekends. It truly hurt my feelings to find out that a Margarita has over 400 calories. Most of your grain ancohol has 64 calories a shot. I will chase it with water or diet coke. When I am out in a bar or resteraunt I will order it by the shot. That way I know exactly how many calories I am taking in. When you are on a 1200 calorie diet, it is easy to drink two meals in ancohol, so be careful!

I found this out this summer when I was no longer loosing weight and had not changed anything in my diet, except the amount of ancohol.

"Dogpile" a search on calorie counters. There are some very useful ones out there. After surfing around on one, it really opened my eyes and shocked me.

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Snowfly
    I always get incredibly hungry after a couple of hours of drinking and as I'm 'coming down'.
    that's because alcohol is a carb and a very fast-acting at that. your insulin levels will skyrocket and then plummet below normal levels. only an act of god can stop you from eating.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Gin and diet tonic....
    or champaine.
    Maybe once or twice a year anymore.
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was also curious about the less caloric drink out there. But when you go in bars and the bartenders are really busy and don't have much time and you ask for a rhum and diet pepsi for example..I just don't think they care what you say..I don't trust them
    And is there even diet tonic in bars?

I always drink a couple of coors light beers but beer is the worst ehn?

So what would be the best option really?
    WORKOUT
    M: Full body workout
    T: Off
    W: Full body workout
    T: Off
    F: Off
    S: Full body workout
    S: OFF

Walk dog 1 hour a day.

DIET
    Protein and good fats, low carb

Goal: Loose fat and gain muscle!

Just do it!
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated!
    You are what you eat!

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Angela R
    The largest problem with drinking alcohol is that it takes VIP in your metabolism. Meaning, once you consume alcohol your metabolism stops burning and pushing the previously consumed and stored nutrients and concentrates solely on metabolising the alcohol. Which means the rest is being stored as fat.
    Exactly.

Even if you factor in the calories from alcohol, you can't change the fact that the body has to metabolise alcohol first... so anything else in your system will just be stored.

syckgirlsfv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a glass or two of wine on the weekends...if I'm out with my fiance I will have my all time favorite...a Vodka Martini! No mixed drinks, the sugar is out of control!

Wait! If I'm in Vegas (which i try to be every few months) all bets are OFF!!!!! Martinis for me...and of course Sparks energy beer during the day!!!
    I'm just sayin'...

redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redhead75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Captain Morgan and Diet Coke!! MMMM tastes like Vanilla Coke if mixed right!!
    chocoholic

Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000)
    find something else to send you buzzin'

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My uncle owns a beer company (yes I can get free beer) and his selling point is that ONE bottle of beer is healthier (has more nutrients) for you than ONE can of coke

Just thought I'd share that with you

Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Red wine would be your best choice. Although drinking isn't good for putting on muscle, if you want to have a glass of wine every now and then as a treat, I personally see no major harm. Just make sure you don't have more than 2 in one night (as more than that is considered binge drinking) and try to eat a meal with the alcohol you are having because that will help with your sugar levels.

amarie1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i always drink either Bacardi and Diet which is advertised as NO carbs or sugar but not Capt because that is spiced and does have sugar OR I drink Kettle and Club Soda although it gives me the WORST hangovers!!!!

wannabswole123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wannabswole123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wannabswole123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wannabswole123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wannabswole123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wannabswole123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wannabswole123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wannabswole123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wannabswole123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wannabswole123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wannabswole123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    southern comfort

DamnILookGood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnILookGood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DamnILookGood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The clearer the drink....the less Carbs it has...

Me myself I prefer...Tequila Shots.

CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Kombucha is the best "alcoholic" beverage for you, though it only contains about a half of a percentage of alcohol, hehe.
    The BIG Yerba Thread (Yes it's Amazing)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=536452133&postcount=2863

I'm the Juggernaut Bitch! GIGANTOR's Avatar
    GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGANTOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

And then I only go out Saturday nights but when I do, I have a good 4 - 5 drinks consisting of either beer, mai tais, wine, or other sort of martinis... and I'm usually up until 4 am (at which point I am so hungry, I usually cant resist a good pepperoni pizza (all by myself!!)). Ok yeah, none of that anymore..........

What are some of the less harmful drinks to our diet and work out progress, IF THERE IS ONE.

My kinda girl, a whole pizza to yourself. nice!!!!!!
    Never Big Enough

6'4
    280lbs off season
    235lbs on stage
    19' arms
    27' legs
    Feel like a 12 year old vegetarian, B.Ph.E, B.A, B.Ed, M.S.E.D

WowWowWowWow ab-swing asianbabe's Avatar
    ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i've never been game enough to try it, but i've heard everywhere that the bloody mary is the healthiest drink

http://www.greatrecipesonline.com/dir/Detailed/28.shtml

your calories will be from vodka

otherwise,
    malibu and diet coke is nice
    midori and diet lemonade/soda water
    vodka and orange juice.

Hopefully you can sip on them slowly to avoid too many in the one night
    Basically stay away from pre-mixed "girly" drinks or "light beer" they do nothing for you if you want to feel the effects of alcohol, but buy drinks larger than the size of shot glasses - downing a tequila shot takes half a second and you'll be back for more

Remember You can still have fun without alcohol!! Force yourself to be the driver to overcome peer pressure of having to drink. Your body will thank you and goals will be achieved sooner =) Good luck girl!

OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont know, but I sure did a number on myself last night with the worst choices possible.
    *~L~*

"Don't give up on a dream due to how long it will take. The time will pass anyway."

21 yrs old

5'3
    March 05 - 89 lbs
    jan 06 - 102 lbs
    mar 06 - 102.5 lbs
    July 06 - 107 lbs
    August 06 - 109 lbs

"Weight doesnt matter. if i looked at weight id be hysterical, the more i work out the more i gain...but my gosh i put my pants on and theyre down to here..." -Jackie Warner

Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I understand your dilemma! I too enjoy having a drink or 2. The main thing I find is, watching how much you drink so it doesn't affect your ability to work out the next day and also not drinking so much that you pig out on unclean foods at 5 a.m.! I also don't like to use mixers. I love Jameson, but am always thinking of how it fits into my daily intake. I decided to look it up once. Here's what I found:

per 1 oz serving
    Calories (kcal)69
    Fats 0 g
    Carbohydrates 0 g
    Protein 0 g
    Fiber 0 g
    Sugars 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Sodium 0 mg
    Alcohol11.3 g

http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc1016.html

You mentioned merlot. Here's what I found about that:

Merlot red wine

per 1 oz serving
    Calories (kcal) 20
    Energy (kj) 83
    Fats 0 g
    Carbohydrates 0.8 g
    Protein 0 g
    Fiber 0 g
    Sugars 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Sodium 0 mg
    Alcohol 3.4 g

http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc366.html

I love Irish coffee, but the cream or Baily's is too high in fat, calories, and sugar. I will still have one on a rare occassion, but I really try to cut out the excessive calories when having a drink. I know, I'm nuts. I've tried to figure out how to be able to have a drink and still be counting out my calories! I try to stay away from juice mixers for the same reasons...high in sugar and calories. I stick with either the straight Jameson (or if that's too strong, put a splash of water and a couple of pieces of ice in it) or red wine. Just a few tips from what I've learned. Enjoy yourself out, but try to watch not to go TOO overboard!

-Star

carlaperone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my personal favorites

i also have a few on the weekends! i try to stick with red wine, or vodka with club soda (no cals in the club soda), or a bloody mary if it's during the day. if i get crazy and do shots, i would probably have a lemon drop shot (no sugar). i did read that with the wine it's better to have some protein at least while drinking. i also have a VERY hard time resisiting food when drinking! my friends make fun of me, because i'm very good ans strict with eating/working out all week, but one night with some drinks in me and i'll devour ANYTHING! haha! i guess you can call that night my cheat night?!

danzinangelx23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Bacardi Rum And Diet!

OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OhLea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    starts with bacardi/captain/anything in diet pop....

turns into miller lite

which turns into shots

which ends at whatever people are handing me.

uhg.

atleast it doesnt stop at pizza!
    *~L~*

"Don't give up on a dream due to how long it will take. The time will pass anyway."

21 yrs old

5'3
    March 05 - 89 lbs
    jan 06 - 102 lbs
    mar 06 - 102.5 lbs
    July 06 - 107 lbs
    August 06 - 109 lbs

"Weight doesnt matter. if i looked at weight id be hysterical, the more i work out the more i gain...but my gosh i put my pants on and theyre down to here..." -Jackie Warner