Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by Hola Bola
    Whats wrong with training every day?
    Nothing big man! I can't help it. Every time I see my beautiful pearl power rack just sitting there looking all lonely I can't fight it. I immediately run over there and do a swan dive through the top of it and get to work!
    Last edited by DiamondDelts; 01-20-2006 at 12:31 PM.

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Still_Shruggin
    That is one crazy gym aqua. Although i refuse to do leg presses. Twenty years from now, i want to be the guy who says, "yeah, it IS possible to build your wheels up using only freeweights!"

-Grimface
    I just use the leg press for calf raises or hack squats. To be honest, I actually bought it because some female family members said they would use one. You'll rarely see me post anything about a leg press in any of my leg routines

Not that there's anything wrong with that *attempt to be politically correct*

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI
    Damn Aqua! I'm jealous! LOL....you have more room than me for sure....I have packed a lot into my space anyway, but you definitely have a lot of room there...will have to get some pictures up with my gym....
    Thanks John. I built it over a year ago... so finally all the equipment I had in my garage had a place to go. My wife was very happy to get to park her new van inside

I still want a cable crossover station, seated calf raise, and preacher bench, but I've added a Tbar rowing station and a few accessories since those pics were taken.

mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000) mike_d is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Hola Bola
    Whats wrong with training every day?
    I pretty much train everday

If you vary your intensity levels and can handle it, you'll be fine.

AZIronMine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZIronMine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Proud of my home gym. Pretty well equipped and in the garage. About 15 steps from where I sit right now.

I am trying to heal a torn rotator cuff (yeah, I know - healing will really never happen without surgery, but getting the inflamation down at least), combine with tears in my right forearm flxors/extensors. So where am I going with this ?

I have not worked out for a week. Will probably hold off one more week and then back at it again (with lots of post workout ice, NSAIDs, pain, and rest). Makes me nuts not being able to go out ther right now.

Having the convenience of it right there and really enjoying a workout makes it very tough not to hit it every day / multiple times per day. However, I do my best and even when working without pain, I try to only go 4 days on, 1 day (or 2 days) off.

I am an old guy (48), so rest is important too.

http://groups.msn.com/TheIronMineGar...ehomegyms.msnw

hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hailfire777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if i had a home gym i dont think i would be able to resist the temptation, but i mean its not bad as long as you know how to moniter your overtraining.

personally ive overtrained twice, so im very good at figuring out when im overtraining or not.

diet and rest have a crapload to do with it though.

Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Doenitz79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AZIronMine
    Proud of my home gym. Pretty well equipped and in the garage. About 15 steps from where I sit right now.

http://groups.msn.com/TheIronMineGar...ehomegyms.msnw
    Your home gym rocks man!
    My goal when I come in everyday is to make sure if somebody beats me,it is not because they outwork me. ~Layne Norton.

I sleep on a meathook iron_on_my_mind's Avatar
    iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What's wrong with training every day?

I can't believe the answer to that question isn't self-evident for some people.

It depends on your program. Some routines that require more rest and recovery, by their very nature, preclude consecutive-day workouts. While doing such programs, training every day will only cut into your gains.