Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crossfit?

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)

Crossfit?

What do you guys think of it? I think its just another trendy circuit gimmick

barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've got a buddy who is doing this program. Seems like it's a pretty intense schedule. If thats not a problem, he's seeing great results. He was already a big guy but he's bigger and definitely a LOT stronger. I'm intrigued by his progress and might jump in on his routine. He had me do one of his back days once and my lats killed the next day. It seems like a legit program.

GROPEGRABOSHITWTFBBQ! Hard Drive's Avatar
    Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you actually looked at Crissfit?

Crossfit is a fitness revolution for getting elite fitness and for those already there needing to be challenged.
    Rice Power Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=332791061

Success requires single-mindedness of purpose.
    ---------------
    tofu/rice/ranch---no meat

Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    a fitness revolution. lmao.
    I am new.

My desire is to keep this hobby my whole life, and turn it into a career by going to school for something in the health, fitness and nutrition field.

Thanks for any help.

LOG http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7073471

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It is a very intense program, but not a bodybuilding program. It seems Crossfit's main focus is GPP (general physical preparation). They do a good bit of Olympic lifts and full body circuits with very little rest.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

jkd_stefan will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkd_stefan will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkd_stefan will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkd_stefan will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkd_stefan will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkd_stefan will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkd_stefan will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkd_stefan will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkd_stefan will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkd_stefan will become famous soon enough. (+50) jkd_stefan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Crossfit targets overall fitness and each work out you time yourself and try to improve every day.

Basicly Crossfit covers everything from strength to gymnastics to running. Crossfiter's goal is to improve performance, and hypertrophie is just a side effect. Routine is the ennemy, everyday is a random work out posted on the main site where people post their times. THe community is great and mature, you should read the FAQ and post on their forum if you have any mroe questions.

If you try it and read into it, you'll fall in love with it! so..what are you waiting for!
    Last edited by jkd_stefan; 01-18-2008 at 05:05 PM.
    Current training program is Power Based Routine by IC, since Jan/ 5th '09.

barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barrett30 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    It is a very intense program, but not a bodybuilding program. It seems Crossfit's main focus is GPP (general physical preparation). They do a good bit of Olympic lifts and full body circuits with very little rest.
    You're right, it's not exactly a bodybuilding program. The only arguement I might have with this is that my buddy who is already a fairly good sized guy, somehow managed to put on a good 15-20lbs of solid muscle while getting cut up as hell at the same time. In theory it doesn't look like an ideal bodybuilding routine but the results might surprise you a bit. I can't say too much more because I haven't followed the routine. I have only sampled what one day would consist of, and it kicked my butt. I was sore as heck the next day. If it doesn't look like your type of workout, give it a try for a two week cycle at least to change things up and then come back here and tell everyone what you experienced. it's not like you would lose muscle over that couple of weeks. I can't wait to give it a try.

Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justin_Haines is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by barrett30 View Post
    You're right, it's not exactly a bodybuilding program. The only arguement I might have with this is that my buddy who is already a fairly good sized guy, somehow managed to put on a good 15-20lbs of solid muscle while getting cut up as hell at the same time. In theory it doesn't look like an ideal bodybuilding routine but the results might surprise you a bit. I can't say too much more because I haven't followed the routine. I have only sampled what one day would consist of, and it kicked my butt. I was sore as heck the next day. If it doesn't look like your type of workout, give it a try for a two week cycle at least to change things up and then come back here and tell everyone what you experienced. it's not like you would lose muscle over that couple of weeks. I can't wait to give it a try.

roids.
    I am new.

My desire is to keep this hobby my whole life, and turn it into a career by going to school for something in the health, fitness and nutrition field.

Thanks for any help.

LOG http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7073471

mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i've been to a designated crossfit gym twice. From what i saw and did:

1. expensive as ****. 150 a month for unlimited visits but only at designated times (like 4 times in the morning and 3 at night)
    2. Harder than balls (the strength aspect was not hard but your muscle endurance is put to the test with tons of repetitions with no rest on a variety of exercises.....I can see puking being common. I almost puked my guts out after a 20 minute routine)
    3. Not a bodybuilding routine. Everyone that was there was like 30+ years old but seemed pretty athletic as in they could probably kick my ass in a cardio intense activity or repetitive exercises like pull-ups. However barely anybody was cut or muscular, even though alot of them were regulars for between 1-2 years

edit- this programs seems to be popular among law enforcement and military recruits preparing for their physical exam
    Last edited by mofugger; 01-18-2008 at 08:45 PM.

RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    there's no gimmick man. if you're interested in it, all the information is provided on their website for free. they list a workout everyday in a 3 day on 1 day off cycle. plus all the workouts are archived. there are links explaining each exercise. If you want a more detailed explanation you do have to buy the journal, but it's definititely legitimate. Mark Twight(trainer for 300 cast) from Gym Jones learned most of what he knows from it. I've met the most fit athletes in my life doing these workouts. It's not about specialization...it's general overall fitness. as everyone knows you can't be the best at everything, because when you specialize in one thing like running you lose strength. or just strength your cardio suffers. Crossfit is about being good at everything. Kinda of like a jack of all trades of fitness. It works. I've been at it for two years. seen some awesome results.

derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Most bodybuilders can't do what strict crossfit people do. Seriously.

It's a different ball-game for muscle endurance and strength, cardio vascular conditioning and stamina.

I do some stuff similar to crossfit while also doing heavy weights 4x a week.
    A tree can't grow to heaven unless it's roots reach down to hell.

RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10) RangerUpbitch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by derickonfire View Post
    Most bodybuilders can't do what strict crossfit people do. Seriously.

It's a different ball-game for muscle endurance and strength, cardio vascular conditioning and stamina.

I do some stuff similar to crossfit while also doing heavy weights 4x a week.

On the same token most crossfitters like myself can't throw up the weight that bodybuilders do either, and typical bodybuilders are highly specialized in building bulk EVERYWHERE. Crossfit is all about making functional movements and the applicable muscles stronger and last longer.

rusty1960 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bodybuilding vs CrossFit

Originally Posted by BC02 View Post
    What do you guys think of it? I think its just another trendy circuit gimmick
    It all depends what is one's objective. To illustrate, I was working out at LifeTime, about to start Doggcrapp, so extensive warm-up. I was doing low cable, single arm rows, geting the blood flowing. A trainer interupts, and says to propertly train the core, you must stand on one leg, move the opposing are this way, and row. The mistake is he never asked what was my objective that day. Crossfit's objective is overall fitness using circuit training, interestingly enough popularized by bodybuilders in gyms in the early 1970's. If your goal is to gain Lean Body Mass, increase resting metabalism, increase GH and T, than progressive weight training is the platform to use. CrossFit is appropriate when overall fitness is essential for your lifestyle and work. Carrying a victom from a burning building, one must be strong, agile, have core strengh, and internal fortitute to complete his job under extreme stress. However, performing ballistic moves will eventually cause excessive wear and tear on the joints, "you are born with finite miles on your knees and shoulder, used them up early, and pay the price later in life". So, if you want a toned body with muscles than bodybuilding it the key, if you want to prepare for battle in life or work, than prepare accordingly with CrossFit, Core Training, Weight Resistance Training, Circuit Weight Training, Swimming, and Running. Me personally, I like what Arnold said on Mike Douglass Show, "Having a pump is like having sex", can't argue with Arnold.
    Last edited by rusty1960; 08-17-2009 at 11:49 AM.

jhwilli2006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

crossfit

Hey guys and gals
    I haven't been traing in the last 16 months because I've been sick with Graves Disease and lost 40lbs! My dr has help me out alot and im at 162, I want to do a Crossfit style training but will it help me gain more weight cause all the diet for CF seems to be for weight loss! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sack-tastic is not very well liked. (-100) Sack-tastic is not very well liked. (-100) Sack-tastic is not very well liked. (-100) Sack-tastic is not very well liked. (-100) Sack-tastic is not very well liked. (-100) Sack-tastic is not very well liked. (-100) Sack-tastic is not very well liked. (-100) Sack-tastic is not very well liked. (-100) Sack-tastic is not very well liked. (-100) Sack-tastic is not very well liked. (-100) Sack-tastic is not very well liked. (-100)
    Read siggy.

I bet you 80-90% of so called "bodybuilders" will not even be able to finish that workout, let alone score a respectable time.

Like derickonfire said, it's a whole new game with new rules. Survival of the fittest my friends.
    Lifting is a lot like partying... sometimes you go way too big and regret it the next morning.

Genesis 2:4-
    "And on the 8th day after God had rested, he looked down upon his newly created weak and small human race and said, 'Let there be milk.' And there was milk. And God's people grew swole."

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jhwilli2006 View Post
    Hey guys and gals
    I haven't been traing in the last 16 months because I've been sick with Graves Disease and lost 40lbs! My dr has help me out alot and im at 162, I want to do a Crossfit style training but will it help me gain more weight cause all the diet for CF seems to be for weight loss! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CrossFit will certainly help improve your overall strength & fitness. When done properly, it's easily "scaled" to your level of ability and performance.

Diet should be treated as a separate element - if you need to gain weight, eat more food

jhwilli2006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks!

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Gimmicks are never 'just' gimmicks. Not even the shake weight, certainly not crossfit.

LordEly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nutsy54 View Post
    CrossFit will certainly help improve your overall strength & fitness. When done properly, it's easily "scaled" to your level of ability and performance.

Diet should be treated as a separate element - if you need to gain weight, eat more food
    In Cross-fit they recommended consuming more fats than anything.

aykillah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aykillah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aykillah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aykillah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    crossfit seems like the most bull**** thing i've ever heard of

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Will this stupid thread just die? Crossfit is a general fitness based regimen. If that is what you want, then fantastic & have at it. If that doesn't match up to your goals, do something else.

I did crossfit for awhile and it was about pointless for me. The only aspect I liked of it, was the social aspect by doing it with a few of my friends.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post

I did crossfit for awhile and it was about pointless for me. The only aspect I liked of it, was the social aspect by doing it with a few of my butt buddies.

ur ghey

wanna secks?

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well basically,
    2011 TCU=NATIONAL CHAMPS

2011 BOISE IS > ANYONE IN THE SEC,ACC,BIG EAST, BIG 12,PAC 10,BIG 10

AUB 27 CLEMSON 24 F OT. HAHAHAHA

utah utes=2008 NCAA cfb champs
    bcs champ=who gives a ****
    THE FLORIDA GATORS WERE THE BEST TEAM PLAYING IN AN AQ CONFERENCE, BUT THE UTAH UTES WERE THE BEST TEAM IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What the Utes did three years ago is neither here nor there when it comes to your gainz. Let it go, brah.

StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hard Drive View Post
    Have you actually looked at Crissfit?

Crossfit is a fitness revolution for getting elite fitness and for those already there needing to be challenged.
    Oh, are you talking about circuit training? Glassman is good for PR and not much else. He somehow took the idea of circuit training, which had been around for DECADES and rebranded it as the most awesome thing ever in the history of awesome, and people just smoke his hog like he's ****in' Thor or something. Amazing story of hucksterism.
    "Keep your blood clean, your body lean, and your mind sharp." - Henry Rollins

"There is no reason to be alive if you cannot do deadlifts." Jon Pall Sigmarsson

chazzy1866 is not very well liked. (-100) chazzy1866 is not very well liked. (-100) chazzy1866 is not very well liked. (-100) chazzy1866 is not very well liked. (-100) chazzy1866 is not very well liked. (-100) chazzy1866 is not very well liked. (-100) chazzy1866 is not very well liked. (-100) chazzy1866 is not very well liked. (-100) chazzy1866 is not very well liked. (-100) chazzy1866 is not very well liked. (-100) chazzy1866 is not very well liked. (-100)
    they do ghey pull ups

bud75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If done strategically crossfit can very beneficial to body builders. Personally I've gone to doing only crossfit. By applying crossfit principles to your regular routine you can build loads of muscle and crossfit is great for getting cut. Not to mention the average workout only takes 20-30 min. I usually do a heavy strength/skill set before I do the WOD (workout of the day). I will say that going to an affiliated gym is expensive but you can do 80% of the workouts with some kettlebells, a med ball, and a pull-up bar. The rest you can sub. I strongly suggest Crossfit for anyone whether you're a body builder or just someone looking to get in shape.

jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So, I go to a gym which is populated half by Oly lifters and half by crossfitters, in order to train and recieve coaching in Oly lifting. The gym has platforms and squat racks on one side, and a bunch of random CF stuff on the other. On the whole, watching the CFers from the Oly lifting side of the gym, CF strikes me as...pretty ****ing retarded. Their attempts to clean are pretty awful. Their snatches are even worse. A lot of the them have awful mobility everywhere and really shouldn't be squatting at all until they sort it out. They seem so enthusiastic about doing movements as fast as possible that they spend no time setting up, even for a complex movement like a snatch where it is important to ensure everything is positioned correctly. Sometimes you'll see them running around first doing an interval on the erg rowing like a madman (and with awful technique) before supersetting the interval with some deadlifts where they waste no time ensuring that they have set up a safe pull position. It seems like a bunch of random, unstructured BS with no purpose.

And if your snatch looks like this, you should kill yourself. You're already giving it a fair attempt anyway.

Last edited by jb4476; 11-30-2012 at 08:05 PM.

62Wolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 62Wolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 62Wolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 62Wolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 62Wolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 62Wolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 62Wolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 62Wolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 62Wolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 62Wolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 62Wolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by StrengthGeek25 View Post
    Oh, are you talking about circuit training? Glassman is good for PR and not much else. He somehow took the idea of circuit training, which had been around for DECADES and rebranded it as the most awesome thing ever in the history of awesome, and people just smoke his hog like he's ****in' Thor or something. Amazing story of hucksterism.
    EXACTLY!! I checked out a (WAY overpriced) Crossfit place some people were raving about and I thought the same thing: This is nothing more than Circuit Training repackaged. Hell, we were doing this back in the '70's as part of wrestling conditioning, but with good form.

FitMap has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Crossfit

I have been doing Crossfit for about 5 months. I do love the workouts, and the results are good for me. But the lack of times and flexibility are why I am ending my membership.
    CityWide Fitness- www.FitMap.com