gaguag5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Light Yogurt, Cutting??

I have done a little research in here about yogurt in a cutting diet.
    For the most part, I've not gotten that much positive feedback.
    Does anyone else agree with me that adding a cup of light yogurt(meaning low in sugar) to 1 or 2 of a 6 meal diet plan good?
    For me, it seems like a great balance of nutrition, as well as an essential part of satisfying a sweet tooth.
    Any feedback??
    Keep it in the short grass!!

-November 27th, 2004:
    5'11" 245 pounds, 30+ body fat
    -October 1st, 2005:
    200 pounds, Goal Reached!!
    -11/05/05: 197lbs, body fat decreasing!
    -12/30/05: 194.5, no weight gain during Holidays:)
    Slowly but surely
    New Goal: Shreaded!!

MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    light yogurt is not low in sugar it's low in fat.

Im such a yogurt fan that I have gone to the ends of the Earth to find something that works and doesn't interfere with fat loss. There are two options... you can A) go for a low sugar/artificial sweetener option such as low carb yogurt and deal with the 3 grams of fat....

OR

B)You can buy organic fat free plain yogurt, add Stevia* to sweeten it and mulch up your own fresh fruit to add to it. This avoids ANY unecessary sugar. The yogurt I buy only has the sugars of natural lactose - nothing else added. Lactose is fine (so as you not intolerant of course). The fruit sugars are fine as well. *Stevia is a natural sweetener that is calorie free and even has fiber - you can find this in your organic section of your grocery store.

I go for option B because it skips the fat AND the uneccessary sugar.

Nothing that says 'light' in terms of yogurt is truely light... trust me on this one. ;D
    Height - almost 5'10"
    Current weight - 152 - WTF?

Workout Journal... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=677394

[url]http://www.myspace.com/msnubility[/url]

Thanks for the advice! I guess that explaines the whole sweetooth satisfaction then. I'm the same way, can't stop eating yogurt! Any other alternatives? Trying to drop another 10 before xmas.
    Please don't say that Cottage cheese ****!

-November 27th, 2004:
    -October 1st, 2005:
    Slowly but surely

MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by gaguag5
    Thanks for the advice! I guess that explaines the whole sweetooth satisfaction then. I'm the same way, can't stop eating yogurt! Any other alternatives? Trying to drop another 10 before xmas.

Aye. That cottage cheese sh!t should be your God.
    But if you can't do it you can't do it. There are ways to get around cottage cheese though.. really but I don't have the issue - i eat it plain so I have no suggestion for that.

If you're having the winter sweet tooth like I am.... you could try protein pudding. JELLO makes this totally over processed fat free and sugar free jello pudding with artificial sweetener (aspartame) in it and if you don't mind that add two scoops of chocolate or plain whey to chocolate pudding (or flavor of your choice) and then 2 cups of skim milk and mix (the directions are on the box) and portion it out. I have the nutritional info in a spread sheet somewhere.... anyways. this sh!t is good and totally curbs those cravings and NOT TO MENTION is giving me some protein. I don't eat it every day because of the aspartame but a few times a month i'll whip some up.
    Height - almost 5'10"
    Current weight - 152 - WTF?

Workout Journal... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=677394

[url]http://www.myspace.com/msnubility[/url]

Nice!!! Your advice is truly heroic! Tough this time of year huh.....
    Acctually for the first time this afternoon, I mixed a scoop of my ON Chocolate Whey with a bowl of plain oatmeal, that was outstanding!!
    I'm slowly learning the ropes with those kind of mixes. I'll have to try the pudding.
    While I'm at it, any recomendations for a fat loss calorie intake formula?

-November 27th, 2004:
    -October 1st, 2005:
    Slowly but surely

IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IRCRomeo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gaguag5
    I eat two cups of yogurt a day as part of my first and second snack. I buy a store brand that is fat free and made with Nutrisweet, so it has half the sugar of name brands. Plus, it even has more calcium.
    Last edited by IRCRomeo; 11-21-2005 at 06:13 AM.
    View my Transformation of the Week story here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/trans37.htm