ibanezmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are these 1000 extra calories a day good or bad?

A Honey Bun and a pack of two Pop-Tarts.

ok, i'll just explain really quick. Basically, I'm having a really hard time gaining weight. I use Mass XXX Weight Gainer each morning, which is an extra 900 calories. I've used it for a couple months and have gained only a couple pounds.... yesterday at work i decided to be the two above-mentioned things from the vending machine at work, and rejoiced at the amount of calories! I thought if I ate this every day, that would really help me gain weight, and it's only $1.60! But the nutrition isn't very good..... but then again, i'm thin and really need extra weight, whatever it takes because i've been lifting the same weights forever now and can't progress- and i suspect it's because i simply need to weigh more!

Weight Gainer + extra snack = 2000 more calories per day, doesn't sound so bad!

i'd really appreciate any thoughts, thanks.

jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jfla32033 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A big peanut butter sandwich or 2 on whole wheat bread would be much cheaper per day and can have more than 1000 calories per depending on how much peanut butter/banana/jelly/honey you put on it.

It's 100 times healthier and tastes waaayyy better.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Inquire about Zapnin SolidSteel86's Avatar
    SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm going to bet you just need to EAT.

You're probably skinny and weak, you need a real diet and a strong workout plan before you worry about adding massive excessive calories.

And get a real breakfast, Weight-Gainer 9000XXXz124-whatever-the-hell won't make up for other weaknesses.

A real answer, however, is that yes the extra calories could definatley help but they're trash calories, only acceptable after you've gotten plenty of real nutrition for useful sources.

I advocate dirty bulking for skinny ectomorphs but only in addition to a solid base.

I dirty bulk but I still manage to eat at least 2g/lb of protein from clean sources everyday, in addition to veggies, fruits, vitamins, fish oils etc.

Kinda long-winded, but trying to get you set straight.

Good luck man, if you have some more specific questions you can reply here or PM me and I'll try to help.
    I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor. -- Thoreau

ibanezmonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the replies.

Originally Posted by jfla32033 View Post
    A big peanut butter sandwich or 2 on whole wheat bread would be much cheaper per day and can have more than 1000 calories per depending on how much peanut butter/banana/jelly/honey you put on it.

It's 100 times healthier and tastes waaayyy better.
    i do have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, just about every day for lunch. I could possibly eat 2 without throwing up since i'm so sick of them...... we'll see lol

well, SolidSteel, i do eat very healthy so if you say it's acceptable if i'm already eating healthy, then i trust you that i can get away with just a little extra calories each day.
    i guess the only big mistakes would be when i have certain cereals for breakfast lol.... i should stick to the heavy wheat cereals definetely

bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SolidSteel86 View Post
    however, is that yes the extra calories could definatley help but they're trash calories, only acceptable after you've gotten plenty of real nutrition for useful sources.
    well put. Make sure you are eating mostly nutritious foods if you want to try this. I would advise going the whole-wheat bread peanut butter+banana sandwich rout, however.

C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    crap calories arent going to benefit you unless you want to look like the kid in the middle

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/04886...th_key=0488658

there are soo many other choices. this place is a plethora of knowledge, search around some