SteveB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question I am new at this.... any tips

hey every body,

I am new to body building and there is a few things I would like to know.... first of all how do you all measure your body percentage for fat???? can you do it your self??

also I was wondering if any one noes how to work out the muscles on the sides of the abs... I dont no what they are called, but they are the flabbish (for me any way) muscle on your sides.... I have heard of them being called love handles.

Thanks for any help

cheers

Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leviathan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    this might help u 2 find ure bodyfat %

http://www.davedraper.com/bodyfat-calculation.html

and love handles aint muscles, love handles are excess fat

when u lose more fat they will start to dissapear
    The human body is the best picture of the human soul.

yousuf110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yousuf110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yousuf110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yousuf110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yousuf110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yousuf110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yousuf110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yousuf110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bump.

Ampeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ampeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ampeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ampeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ampeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ampeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ampeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ampeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ampeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ampeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ampeded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think their called obliques. Just look up excercises for them.

Edt: durr im an moran replying to this thread.

headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1) Most gyms can measure your body fat percentage for free if you're a member and they have calippers on hand. People measure their body fat percentage through scales, online calculators, calippers and water submersion. The scales are pretty innacurate as to your bf %, but they can be useful in determining how much bf you've lost or gained. The online calculators are pretty innacurate as well. Calippers work well and you can buy some for pretty cheap, or as mentioned above ask at your gym to see if they do it. The water submersion is the most effective way of measuring bf %, but it's uncommonly used and hard to come by.

2) Yes you can do it yourself through any of the methods above except the last one.

3) The muscles on the side of the abs are called obliques. There are many ways of working them out, including side crunches and oblique V-ups. Look up some exercises for them.

4) Your love handles will not go away with oblique exercises. Cardio and a strict diet will have you lose fat and in turn the love handles.

Good luck.

Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000) Dexter Morgan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by headhuntr View Post
    1) Most gyms can measure your body fat percentage for free if you're a member and they have calippers on hand. People measure their body fat percentage through scales, online calculators, calippers and water submersion. The scales are pretty innacurate as to your bf %, but they can be useful in determining how much bf you've lost or gained. The online calculators are pretty innacurate as well. Calippers work well and you can buy some for pretty cheap, or as mentioned above ask at your gym to see if they do it. The water submersion is the most effective way of measuring bf %, but it's uncommonly used and hard to come by.

2) Yes you can do it yourself through any of the methods above except the last one.

3) The muscles on the side of the abs are called obliques. There are many ways of working them out, including side crunches and oblique V-ups. Look up some exercises for them.

4) Your love handles will not go away with oblique exercises. Cardio and a strict diet will have you lose fat and in turn the love handles.

Good luck.
    Your post would have been very helpful 7 years ago.

Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by eglickman View Post
    Your post would have been very helpful 7 years ago.
    lmao
    "Something about your dick getting dirty from all the poop and crap..."

"So you shave yours?"

"One thing about scissors... They scare the **** out of me being near my cock... What if I make a wrong move and cut it open... "

-DavidtheFat

Currently doing Madcows 5x5, lets see how this goes.

vistra27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vistra27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vistra27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vistra27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vistra27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vistra27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vistra27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    get ze celltech
    it maked me get mascles!

marquez2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Start doing more cardio to start burning more fat and they'll go away eventually. and for faster results have a calorie deficit also

attackdarack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) attackdarack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) attackdarack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) attackdarack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) attackdarack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) attackdarack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) attackdarack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) attackdarack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) attackdarack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) attackdarack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) attackdarack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by marquez2013 View Post
    Start doing more cardio to start burning more fat and they'll go away eventually. and for faster results have a calorie deficit also
    How did you find a thread origionally from 2001 and bump it?