Snook Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snook Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snook Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snook Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snook Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snook Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snook Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snook Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snook Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snook Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Snook Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine - Pre - Post WO? Loading not loading?

Many threads and articles on the web. Very confusing!
    What are you fellow BBers doing that you think are working for you.
    I know this thread may open a can-o-worms but so be it.
    I would rather have a loaded gun in a fight than a big gun that wasn't loaded!

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ok, I'll pitch in...

I don't load.
    I take creatine monohydrate.
    I take it before and after my workouts.
    I buy it in 30-day containers. When I empty a container, I wait a week before starting the next one.
    It seems to help.

muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I usualy don't load, and I take it after my workout ( mix it in with my protein).
    "It really is as simple as Eat, Lift, Sleep, Repeat". Buckspin

Matt

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I load and I cycle it, on 4 months off 3 months and back on again.

When not loading I take it on workout days 5 grams before and 5 grams after.

When I get back on after the cycle I load again.

Thats is what I do, this is not open for suggestion it has worked for me, not saying it will work for you.

Do what works for you, I know some people that creatine doesn't do jack **** for them.
    On the list for Bannukah

Pencil-Legged Geek user1531320510's Avatar
    user1531320510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user1531320510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user1531320510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user1531320510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user1531320510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user1531320510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user1531320510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user1531320510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user1531320510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user1531320510 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user1531320510 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No loading, 5 grams creatine monohydrate after lifting days only in my post-workout protein.

I can't really tell if it's doing anything or not. Don't know whether to use more, stay where I'm at or cut the stuff out completely.

domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I take Phos****en HP or creatine/monohydrate occassionally.

In my situation creatine helps me with recovery in workouts. I do notice I get a great pump while taking it. Also, my body does fill up with water.

When I'm eating like a horse...all theright stuff, and taking supplements... and my butt starts to drag during workouts I take the Phos****en HP.

I load it for 5 days and then back off to 1/2 what is recommended. I stay with it for not more than 3 weeks and then I quit it altogether. If my butt starts dragging during workouts and I'm on the creatine I put up with it until I start getting achey in my joints. Then I quit for 2 weeks all weight training.

Taking a gallon of water or a minimum of 2 quarts a day is a must when you're on the stuff. You have to really chug the water, because the creatine is pushing water into the cells of your muscles. ALso, taking all that water is going to make you have to get up at night... to "ahem"
    HST is my choice of training
    http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/index.html

Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000)

I use Gaspari creatine

I take it post w/o with protein powder, in water.

On non-lifting days I take it as above in the am.

Just wondering:

I am considering mixing in either CEE or mono into my Gaspari brand, sorta to "cover all the bases" as far as getting the best effect. Anyone try this yet?

Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wooly_Ace has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by muttytwist View Post
    I usualy don't load, and I take it after my workout ( mix it in with my protein).
    x2. I use creatine monohydrate and whey protein.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I buy creatine mono by the kilo. Dirt cheap.

I don't load, just causes water bloat, and could be a problem for blood pressure.

I don't go over 5 grams per day, 'cos I am under 100kg and don't need any more. You excrete the excess, so apart from cramping, water retention, and elevated bp, all you get is expensive piss.

I take it in divided doses with food. Usually in warm milk. No cramps, since I started doing that.

My latest kilo has 20 percent extra free. I usually take 3-5 grams for insurance, 'cos I don't eat meat every day.

1200g creatine / 4 grams average daily consumption = 300 days supply.

Hope this helps.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

333...I am only half evil Fritobandito's Avatar
    Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fritobandito will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like creatine and respond well to it in all it's forms so I just buy the least expensive from a quality manufacturer. I take it post w/o since it is argueably absorbed better with carbs and my post w/o shake has a good dose of simple carbs.

-FB
    "Pride is a hard concept for some to grasp, because they themselves have none." - Sikboy

BlackFlag50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackFlag50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackFlag50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackFlag50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackFlag50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackFlag50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackFlag50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackFlag50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackFlag50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackFlag50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I was younger I used creatine throughout day for loading, but felt bloating, constant thirst, and crapping.

Now, I just use creatine mono in my post workout shake. I didnt stack as I figured I would be using long term.

jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jawter is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I use creatine Ester pre and post workout in conjunction with glutamine. I have found that I have a slightly better workout and faster recovery. Keep in mind that I only workout three times a week for about an hour each time.

Nayoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nayoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nayoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nayoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nayoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nayoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nayoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nayoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nayoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nayoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nayoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just take 3-5g a day.
    No loading for me.