Registered User WIDE_RECEIVER_7's Avatar
    WIDE_RECEIVER_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WIDE_RECEIVER_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WIDE_RECEIVER_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can I still add muscle mass with this?

Hello, for the past 2 weeks I have been using GNC'S Weight Gainer 1850 and I have gained 6 lbs however my msucle hurt longer because it doesn't have any GLUTAMINE it it but 100 % optimum whey does so I just would like to ask do you think I can still add muscle mass with 100 % optimum whey?

TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TurboGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WIDE_RECEIVER_7
    Hello, for the past 2 weeks I have been using GNC'S Weight Gainer 1850 and I have gained 6 lbs however my msucle hurt longer because it doesn't have any GLUTAMINE it it but 100 % optimum whey does so I just would like to ask do you think I can still add muscle mass with 100 % optimum whey?
    First how can make the claim that this weight gainer product is causing your muscles to hurt longer because it doesn't have glutamine. Pretty bold claim, considering the infinate other variables that could be at play.

Increase in muscle mass is going to come from stimulation of the muscles and adequate nutrition to support that growth. You can add muscle mass without any of the "stuff", you simply need to supply your body with enough calories and protein to support development of muscle. If one or both of those products helps you meet you necessary protein and calorie intake, then by all means continue using one or both of them. But the key to note is you don't NEED any supplement. Those gainers are just calorie rich liquid food, and protein shakes are just that liquid protein. You would be better off substituting them for whole foods, but shakes are much more convenient and cheaper.