Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    ItFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Strawberry Tiramisu

Layered Strawberry Tiramisu
    Ingredients:
    1 pkg (8 oz) Fat Free Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    3 1/2 cups Fat Free milk
    1 pkg JELL-O sugar free fat free vanilla instant pudding
    2 pkg (3 oz each) ladyfingers
    1 tub (8 oz) fat free Cool Whip
    2 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
    A few small bars of Hershey's sugar free chocolate for grating

Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add milk, beating until well blended. Add dry pudding mix; beat on low speed 1 minute or until well blended.
    Line bottom of 13x9-inch pan with half of the ladyfingers; top with layers of half each of the pudding mixture, whipped topping and strawberries. Repeat all layers.
    Refrigerate 3 hours or until ready to serve. Sprinkle with grated chocolate.

It's pretty low in calories. I don't know exactly how many though. But if I had to guess, it would be about 150 calories per serving, maybe a little less (a serving would be about 4 ladyfinger's worth).

To make it more tiramisu-like, soak the ladyfingers in coffee before placing them in the pan.

It's so yummy!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/bellafit

Plan to succeed & you will. Fail to plan & you may not get to where you want to be.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Meatball Soup
    (Makes 10 servings, approx 13 cups)
    (Adapted from a recipe in Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook)

In a large bowl mix the following:

2 beaten egg whites, or 1 beaten egg
    1/2 cup quick (or instant) oats
    2 tbsp milk
    1/2 cup finely chopped onion
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    Add
    16 oz (1 lb, 450 grams) xlean ground beef sirloin
    and mix well. Shape meat mixture into about 70, approx. 3/4 inch, meatballs
    (you will need to cook in two batches).

Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook meatballs over medium
    heat about 8 min or until no pink remains, turning occasionally to brown
    evenly. Set meatballs aside. (Tip: I add about 1 tbsp of water and cover them
    while cooking inbetween stirrings.. they cook faster. Then when I they are
    cooked, I lift the lid off and let them brown)

Meanwhile, in a large pot, stir together:

2 tbsp beef instant stock mix (knorr) dissolved in 6 cups boiling water (boil
    in kettle) - or use 50 oz of sodium reduced beef broth (which costs a bit more)
    30 oz can diced tomatoes with Italian Herbs, undrained
    30 oz can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
    2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
    1 tsp italian seasoning
    1/2 tsp pepper
    Bring to boiling; add
    120 grams (approx 1 cup) small bow tie pasta or macaroni
    Return to boiling; cover, reduce heat. Simmer covered for 10-12 min, or until
    pasta is tender. Stir in meatballs and:
    10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
    Cook for 1 to 2 min more until frozen spinach is heated through.

Nutrition fact per serving:
    235 cals, 6 g. total fat (2 g. sat fat), 27 g carbs, 6 g. fiber, 18 g prot.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

cook, eat, clean...repeat catbaloous's Avatar
    catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50) catbaloous will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Santa Fe Soup

This stuff is yummy. I got it from the Eating For Life recipe book but I modified it a little. This makes a lot and since I am single, I freeze portions of it and it freezes well.

Main Ingredients:
    1/3 cup uncooked brown rice
    1 1/2 lbs of chicken breasts
    1/2 lime
    3 tbsp taco seasoning
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 clove of garlic minced
    1/2 onion chopped (i use one whole onion for extra flavor)
    1 4oz. can diced green chilies undrained
    6 cups or 3 cans reduced fat/sodium chicken broth
    1 can of black beans drained

Optional Toppings:
    Cilantro
    Low fat or Fat free cheese
    Light Sour Cream
    Chopped Avocado

1. Cook Brown Rice according to package directions. While the rice is cooking, coat chicken breast with lime juice and taco seasoning. Cook chicken until done...then let it cool slightly and then cut into small peices.

2. Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium high heat and saute onions and garlic until onion is transparent.

3. Add the cooked rice to the pot and saute for another 3 minutes. Then add the green chilies for another 2 minutes.

4. Add chicken broth and bring to boil.

5. Add diced chicken and can of black beans. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.

6. Ladle into bowl and serve with your choice of optional toppings.

This makes about 6 servings.

Total soup recipe is approximately: (without toppings)
    1700 calories
    28g fat
    105g carbs
    238g protein
    25g fiber
    Daily giving myself a swift kick in the A$$!!!

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."
    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we can chase perfection we can catch excellence."
    Vince Lombardi

You don't know SQUAT squat_princess's Avatar
    squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50) squat_princess will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Canned salmon burgers

2 7.5 ounce cans of salmon mostly drained
    1/2 cup egg whites
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    2tsp mustard powder
    1 tsp chili flakes
    7 crackers

3 cloves garlic
    1 tbs grated onion
    2 tbs parsley
    1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

heat lemon juice in pan and "boil/fry" the garlic and onion until it smells nice, then trow in the parsely for a few seconds.

pour into the flaked salmon and mix. ADd the egg whites and spices and stir until well mixed. mix in the 7 crackers (crushed) I would have used whole wheat crackers if i had them, but i didnt.

Spice it up with sea salt and pepper- Roll into 10 patties.

Spray a pan and fry them until they're golden on both sides. These fall apart easily at first, so be careful.

Serve over a salad! yay

per 2 burgers-
    186 calories
    9 fat
    7.2 carbs
    19.4 protein
    Last edited by squat_princess; 03-06-2006 at 12:18 PM.
    BodyByXenia.com
    AntiHeroFitness.com

energi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can't Roll Chicken Cabbage Roll - 1 serving

Complicated Version

4 oz chicken, diced
    1/4 c onion, chopped
    1/2 medium tomato, diced
    2 tbsp tomato paste
    1 packet sweetener
    1/4 c water
    1 squirt mustard
    1 dash black pepper
    1 dash garlic powder
    1 dash oregano
    1/3 c cooked rice
    2 c cabbage, shredded
    splash of rice vinegar

Boil the cabbage and drain the water. Mix everything else together and stir into the cabbage. Let simmer for a couple of minutes.

Easy Version (my way)

2 c cabbage
    glop of fresh salsa
    squirt of mustard
    splash of rice vinegar
    1/2 can cubed chicken breast

Boil cabbage and drain. Throw the other stuff into the cabbage and stir.
    Eat.
    Rebuilding my body after a hip flexor injury that has knocked me down hard.
    2014 will be a better year.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Banana Raisin Oat muffins (12 servings)

Mix in large bowl:
    1 cup white flour (or whole wheat)
    1/2 cup ground oats (use blender to grind)
    1 cup oats
    1/2 cup splenda
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt

Mix in medium bowl:
    1/4 cup oil
    1 beaten egg
    1/2 cup applesauce
    3/4 cup skim milk
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    2/3 cup raisins
    1 cup mashed bananas (approx. 2 med)

Stir into dry ingredients until just combined. Put into 12 muffin cups (they will be full). Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool on a rack.
    Store in the fridge (or they will go bad).

Per Muffin:
    Cals 176
    Fat 6g
    Carbs 28g (fiber 2g; sugar 9g)
    Protein 4g
    Last edited by terracotta; 03-08-2006 at 05:52 PM.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

beautifully broken spytechs_wife's Avatar
    spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Chicken Taco Soup

Chicken Taco Soup

24 oz raw chicken breast, diced
    1- 15 oz can organic kidney or black beans
    1 package low sodium taco seasoning
    1- 16 oz jar salsa (I used Newman’s Own medium)
    1 cup low sodium canned corn
    1- 11.5 oz can low sodium tomato juice
    3 cups organic free-range chicken broth

Mix all ingredients EXCEPT chicken in slow cooker, and cook on low for about 3 hours. In the meantime, cook diced chicken in a pan. After cooking, you can either leave the chicken diced, OR chop/shred it in the food processor. After 3 hours, add the chicken to the slow cooker and cook on low for 1 more hour.

Serve with crushed taco chips, fat free sour cream, and/or cheese! Makes 7 servings of about 1½ cups each.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION

TOTAL MEAL:
    CAL 1600
    FAT 11g
    CRB 168g
    PRT 201g

FOR 7 SERVINGS OF 12 OUNCES: (each)
    CAL 230
    FAT 1.6g
    CRB 24g (3 fiber)
    PRT 29g
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." - Phil 4:13

"The ultimate mystery is one's own self." - Sammy Davis, Jr.

Full service photography-
    offthecuffphotography.info

ItFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ItFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shamrock [protein] Shake to celebrate St. Patty's Day

1 cup fat free milk
    1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Mint whey protein powder
    1 sugar free York Peppermint Patty
    handful of ice cubes

Blend all of ingredients together. Tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream!
    http://www.myspace.com/bellafit

Plan to succeed & you will. Fail to plan & you may not get to where you want to be.

barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barnetjs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Almost Like Icecream

1 8oz of FF Strawberry Cream Cheese
    1 Tub FF Cool Whip
    1-1.5 Cups Strawberries - some food processed some bigger chunks
    1/2 Cup Splenda

Beat Cream Cheese & Splenda - add cool whip and strawberries - mix well - put into tupperware containers in the freezer. REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might need to nuke for like 7 seconds to make it soft enough to get spoon in - very very creamy.

I made this for the kiddos this weekend and put it in sugar cookie bowl - omit the sugar cookie bowl and low cal and fat yummy treat!

RoadPrincess Biker Mamma rayteresa4's Avatar
    rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by skiezik
    I do my protein pancakes a little bit differently.

1/3 cup oatmeal
    1/3 cup cottage cheese
    1/3 cup egg whites
    cinnamon and splenda

I then just cook in on a frying pan like you would anyother pancake. They are an awesome healthy treat!

Have you tried adding vanilla and cinnemon and a bit of nutmeg? Makes them taste like french toast.
    rayteresa4
    INBF Promotor/Director/Competitor
    www.unitedfitness.org - Wa. State Contest Information

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

With A Shield About Me - ALL Things Are Possible
    Blinders on, Eyes Forward, Running ALL the WAY to the END!

Blueberry syrup (yield: 1/2 cup syrup - 2 servings)

Microwave 1 cup frozen blueberries + 1 tsp splenda granular on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds.

Put into saucepan (including the juice).

Stir 1 tsp of corn starch into 2 tbsp of cold water. Add to saucepan.

Stir well, cook at medium-high heat until thick, stirring constantly. Pour into a cup with spout, or a bowl.

Nutrition (for FULL recipe)

90 cals
    1 fat
    19 carbs
    1 protein
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

RoadPrincess Biker Mamma rayteresa4's Avatar
    rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Tasty Treats and Meals

Here are some of my favorite recipes:

• Post Workout Drink: Drink/take supplements within 5 minutes of weight workout (if do weights and then cardio, wait until after done with cardio – do not drink if only doing cardio) – Mix in container with 16 oz water.
    o 10-20 grams – Protein
    o 5-10 grams – Powdered Gatorade
    o Approx. 8 grams – Powdered Glutamine
    o 1-2 grams – Powdered Creatine
    o 200 mcg – Selenium (pills)
    o 1000 mg – Taurine (pills)
    o 500 mg – BCAA’s (pills)

• Drink at least 1 gallon of water daily

Recipes:

• Oatmeal Pancakes
    o Old Fashioned Oats in blender (quick grind)
    4 large egg whites or ½ cup egg whites
    Cinnamon and vanilla

o 1oz -1/3c oats depending on the amount of carbs you want
    o optional to add 1-2tbsp fat free cottage cheese
    o cinnamon and vanilla to taste
    o Blend all ingredients well, have two (2) small fry pans warming up with Pam olive oil spray. Pour equal amounts in each pan, turn carefully – mixture is runny.
    o Top with small amount of sugar free jam or syrup – these are also good cold and rolled up.
    o For extra protein – add approximately ½ to 1 tbsp peanut butter on each one.

Makes two (2) pancakes which is one serving – or eat one pancake with some egg whites on side for variety.

Nutrition facts:
    Without cottage cheese and 1oz oats
    16g protein – 8g carbs – 0.5g fat (per serving 2 pancakes)

With cottage cheese and 1 oz oats
    22g protein – 8g carbs – 0.5g fat (per serving 2 pancakes)

Toppings are extra…being sure to count your numbers.

• Turkey Joes
    o One pack lean ground turkey breast, 1 cup chopped onions/green and red peppers, 3-6 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, Mrs. Dash extra spicy herbs (or favorite seasoning). 1 can of tomato sauce and a couple squirts of ketchup. 6 oz serving is approximately 23g protein, 3g fat and 8g carbs. You can eat just like this, or put on top of brown rice (measure) for appropriate carb amount.

• Meat Patties
    o Good with tuna (foil packed is best), ground buffalo, or ground turkey. Add egg whites, salsa of choice – mix and form into patties or meat balls. These may fall apart – so be careful when turning. Measure out 3-4oz meat according to the amount of protein required (after cooking).

• Meat loafs
    o Same as above, try topping with a can of tomato sauce and spices. Surround meat loaf with potatoes for carbs (measure) depending on amount of carbs required.

• Power Yogurt
    o Depending on the amount of carbs use either:
     Full container of fat free yogurt or ½ container plus your required amount of protein powder.

• Oatmeal with Protein
    o 1 package of instant oats or 1 serving of old fashioned oats
    o Add 1 package of sugar free hot cocoa mix and 20g of Protein powder plus to add a little fat, add 1 tbsp peanut butter. This is good hot or cold.
    o Add your numbers by reading what is in each item for protein, carbs and fat.

• Power Pudding
    o 1 pack of sugar free/fat free instant pudding mix – add the desired amount of protein and divide into servings:
     try this:
    • 1 Pkg sugar free/fat free pudding mix (chocolate)
    • 1 cup fat free milk and 1 cup chilled water
    • 25g chocolate protein powder (no carbs)
    • 50g vanilla protein powder (no carbs)
    Mix well in a bowl with whisk, divide evenly into 4 small containers and freeze – tastes just like fudgecycl.

Nutrition facts:
    21g protein – 3.6g carbs – 0g fat – per serving
    • yogurt/cottage cheese
    o Mix together for the desired amount of protein and carbs – use your imagination and pick your favorite flavors.

• Yams
    o Steam, bake or nuke!
    o Eat plain or top with a small amount of: fat free butter spray, sugar free syrup, cinnamon etc.

• Rice
    o Brown is best – eat plain or add bouillon cube while cooking (veggie, chicken, beef etc.) Or mix with your favorite veggies.

• Chicken and Dumplings
    o 22oz chicken breast – cooked
    o 1 can Campbell’s chunky (18.6 oz) chicken noodle soup or any other.
    o 1 small can peas – or frozen veggies
    o 1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup

Pre-cook chicken, and shred and add all items in a sauce pan.
    Top with low-fat bisquick mix (just add water) drop onto dish and spray with fat free butter spray and bake (go with bisquick temperature to cook) – don’t forget to NOT eat the bread for nutrition below or add numbers in for bread.

Nutrition Facts:
    Entire Dish: 183g protein – 74g carbs – 34.5g fat
    9 single servings each: 21g protein – 8.2g carbs – 3.8g fat

• Chicken Chili
    o 1 can 15oz white beans
    o 1 can 8 oz red kidney beans
    o 6 oz salsa
    o 10.5oz chicken breast
    o 3 or more tbsp cumin to taste

Pre-cook chicken then shred and add all items.

Nutrition Facts:
    Entire dish: 108g protein – 105g carbs – 14g fat
    Divide into serving portions to the desired amount of grams needed per serving.

• Cheat a Treat!!!!!!
    o 1 small dove dark chocolate (or milk if you prefer)
    o 4.8g carb – 2.6g fat
    o 1tsp to 1tbsp peanut butter
    o 1.3-4g protein – 1-3g carbs – 2.7-8g fats
    o 1oz of oats or less depending on amount of carbs
    o 1oz – 7g carbs
    Melt chocolate and peanut butter in microwave – add oats and freeze – tastes like a no-bake cookie – work into your numbers for the day…nice before bed snack.
    rayteresa4
    INBF Promotor/Director/Competitor
    www.unitedfitness.org - Wa. State Contest Information

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

With A Shield About Me - ALL Things Are Possible
    Blinders on, Eyes Forward, Running ALL the WAY to the END!

Chicken Rub: enough for 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast

Whisk together (can use a fork if you don't have a whisk):
    2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp salt

And rub into chicken.

I count the calories the same as 1 tsp olive oil for each 100-120 grams raw chicken

To calculate cals of chicken:
    ratio = (cooked wt)/(precooked wt)
    ratio* cooked value = uncooked value

To grill - you can grill in oven with rack in pan, it will take approx. 10-14 min EACH side depending on the thickness of your chicken. Check each breast with a thermometer, and cook to internal temperature 170 degrees.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Chicken Frame Soup (Makes 4 Servings)

Boil meaty chicken carcass in 5 cups of water with:

1 rounded tsp of chicken boillion
    1 large onion quartered
    2 stalks of celery, cut into 2 inch pieces

for 1 hour.

Strain over large glass bowl. Extract chicken meat, and put in a small bowl (if
    necessary, add enough cooked chicken to measure 2 cups). Skim fat off of broth
    with spoon. Discard bones and veggie matter.

Put broth, the 2 cups of chicken, and

14 oz can diced tomatoes in tomato juice
    2 medium carrots, sliced
    2 stalks of celery, sliced
    1 finely chopped onion
    1 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1 tsp italian seasoning
    1/2 tsp ground oregano

Simmer Covered 15 min.

Stir together 1 tbsp corn starch with 1/4 cup cold water in a cup, mix into
    soup.

Simmer Uncovered 15 min

Cool.

To each serving, add 1/2 cup cooked macaroni, just prior to eating, or
    reheating.

Nutrition info without macaroni per serving:
    131 cals
    2 grams fat
    6 g carbs (2 fiber)
    21 g protein

Nutrition info with macaroni per serving:
    242 cals
    3 grams fat
    28 grams carbs (3 grams fiber)
    25 grams protein

Nutrition info with whole wheat macaroni per serving:
    218 cals
    2 grams fat
    25 grams carbs (4 grams fiber)
    25 grams protein
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymjunkee01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Power Eggs

Here is a little concoction I came up with recently... really yummy!

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese
    1 cup southwestern flavored egg beaters
    3 oz cooked skinless chicken breast (cut up into small pieces)

Steps:
    Mix cottage cheese and eggs together in a bowl, until cottage cheese is dispersed. Pour mixture into pan, cook like you are cooking an omlet. Add chicken in once the eggs have cooked on the bottom a little. Continue to cook (like scrambled eggs) until the the eggs are done to your liking.

Note: because of the cottage cheese, the overall mixture is a little more moist than just plain egg beaters.

Serves 1

Nutrition:
    Calories 245
    Carbs 3g
    Protein 49g
    Fat 3g

For a cheesier option: Use 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese and 1/2 cup egg beaters.

Nutrition:
    Calories 230
    Carbs 6g
    Protein 43g
    Fat 4g

**Sodium is rather high (1010mg), but you could always replace egg beaters with plain egg whites and use reduced sodium cottage cheese.

gumbygirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Warm 'N Chocolately DIET drink

When I get a choco or sweets cravings but I'm at my calorie limit for the day or need something to tie me over to the next meal, I make up one of these yummy little drinks.

You can vary all the ingredients to your tastes.

1 TBS Unsweetened Baking Cocoa Powder
    1 Tsp Unflavored Gelatin (this thickens the concoction - and adds protein - to make it satisfying without any creamer)
    3 Packets Splenda
    **optional flavors**
    1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract (I'm cheap, so I use the imitation. If you use the real stuff, use less)
    1/4 Tsp Ginger powder (gives it such a nice kick and really wakes me up)
    cinammon/nutmeg/cloves on top

-- Boil 2 cups of water
    Add Cocoa and Gelatin to boiling water for just about 20 seconds (it will boil over quickly)
    Let cool for 2 minutes, add Splenda (and flavorings if you want them), and stir during this time
    Add a dash of milk or soymilk if you like it better this way. With soymilk, I usually find it more satisfying.

*** This drink ties me over forever - and it's so low-cal and healthy - definitely a staple when I need to carefully monitor calories

laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by redhead75
    1 or 1/2 frozen banana sliced(before freezing
    1 scoop chocolate or vanilla whey
    1/2 cup skim milk

put ingredients into blender and blend away

mmmm banana ice cream!!
    hey just done this ice cream , and i agree mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm thanks

laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) laracroft1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    creme cheese???? im going out to get the ingredients now, sorry but which is the creme cheese, not cheese spread is it ?????? is it where all the cottage cheeses are kept, sorry if this sounds a daft q .

Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi,

Does anyone know how to make a healthy and easy crust for pies like cheesecake, banana cream pie, pumking pie...?

Thanks
    Last edited by Antonio; 04-14-2006 at 10:12 AM.

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)

Carrot Cake?

Does anyone have a recipe for a relatively healthy carrot cake?

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Antonio
    Hi,

Does anyone know how to make a healthy and easy crust for pies like cheesecake, banana cream pie, pumking pie...?

Thanks
    If you scroll through the main recipe page here there are stacks of recipes for crusts that you could use.

eg:
    Crust
    3 small apples (sliced)
    2 cups rolled oats
    1 tsp cinamoon

Directions
    1.Boil apples in pan
    2.Add cinamoon
    3.Once the apples get mushy add the oats so they can get soft
    4.Take cookie sheet and spray with pam
    5.Add the mixture and set to 350 degrees for 12 mins
    6.Let it cool down when down
    or you could simply make a recipe for oatmeal cookies and instead of making cookies, make a pie crust!! It works just the same...!! So try something like these!

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ms_mac
    Does anyone have a recipe for a relatively healthy carrot cake?
    These are not mine (I picked them up somewhere and have them stored on my puter) so I don't know if they would work or not... but give them a go!!

Carrot Cake:
    2 cups oatmeal (ground to a flour consistancy)
    1 and 3/4c cottage cheese
    1/4 c skim milk (as needed for consistancy)
    250ml egg whites
    2tbs baking powder
    cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves as desired
    1/2 cup raisins (optional I guess)
    1 and 1/2 cups shredded carrots (blender works well - use less or more as desired)
    1/2 cup splenda (as desired for taste)

preheat oven to 350F
    blenderize oatmeal and place in a bowl. add baking powder and spices, mix.
    blend cottage cheese and eggwhites to smooth texture (may require adding some milk) and add to dry mixture until it is batter consistancy.
    add carrot and raisins. mix. add more of the cc/egg mix if required.
    place in shallow nonstick cake pan and bake for around 30-45 mins (I forget exactly!)
    makes about 8 servings
    85 cal (no raisins)
    1g fat
    9g carbs
    9g protein

112cal (with raisins)
    1g fat
    16g carbs
    9.5 protein

'icing'
    1 cup cottage cheese
    3tbs sf syrup
    splenda as desired
    milk as required

blend in blender until smooth (may take several attempts) and spread on cooled cake.
    I also added strawberries to the blender and made a pink icing too, yummy! even better! the fruit makes it even more icing-like.

27 cal (per serving)
    0.25g fat
    2g carbs
    4g protein

The cake is a bit dense, but still moist and pretty danged good for a clean cake!
    Oatmeal Carrot Cake Bread
    1 cup quick or old fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
    1/2 cup skim milk
    2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
    1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
    1 Tbs. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. salt necessary
    1-1/2 cups carrots, shredded
    1/2 cup raisins
    1 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
    4 egg whites, or 2 whole eggs
    1/4 cup (your choice) oil
    1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom only of a 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine oatmeal and milk in a bowl. Mix well and set aside. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in another bowl and mix well. Stir in carrots and raisins. Combine reserved oatmeal mixture with pineapple (including juice), and remaining 3 ingredients. Mix well. Add to dry ingredients and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 60-75 minutes, or until tester inserted in center comes out clean and crust is golden. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan. Cool completely.
    Carrot Cake:
    3 C. Flour
    1.5 C. Sugar
    2.5 tsp. Baking Soda
    2 tsp Cinnamon
    1 1/3 OJ
    3/4 C. Egg Beaters
    2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
    4 C. Grated Carrots (approx 8 carrots)
    1/4 C. Raisins

Cream Cheese Frosting
    1 C. FF Cream Cheese
    1.5 C. FF Ricotta Cheese
    1/2 C. Sugar
    1 T. Lemon Juice
    1.5 tsp. Vanilla Extract
    2 T. Instant Vanilla Pudding

Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon and mix well. Stir in OJ, egg beaters and vanilla extract. Fold in carrots and raisins. Coat a 9x13" pan with spray. Spread batter evenly in the pan and bake at 300 for 50-55 mons. test to make sure center is cooked. Cool

Place all frosting ingredients except pudding in a bowl or processor and mix til smooth. Add pudding mix and process just until the frosting is mixed well. Spread over COOLED cake and refridgerate

16 Servings
    If you try one - let me know how they go!

Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks so much!!

Does anyone know of any good bodybuilding recipe books? I have a couple by Laura Creavella but I wonder what else is out there that is worth it.

Thanks for all

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    These cookbooks are AWESOME... http://www.fitnessfoodcookbook.com/ Perfect for the bodybuilding lifestyle!

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh
    These are not mine (I picked them up somewhere and have them stored on my puter) so I don't know if they would work or not... but give them a go!!

If you try one - let me know how they go!
    Thanks Emma-Leigh. My daughter ( the chef of the house, LOL) just made the 1st one you posted. It sure looks and smells yummy. Its for Easter dessert tommorow night, so I'll let you know what the verdict is!

Great!! Let us know how it taste.

Anyone knows any good, healthy and easy recipe for tiramisu?

Thanks

healthy susbtitutes for sugar, brown sugar and powdered sugar.

I found this link online and sounds really interesting

http://wheylow.com/products.htm

Do you guys think it would be worth getting them to make healthier and tasty cake recipes or would it be a waste of money?

fit123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Antonio
    I found this link online and sounds really interesting

http://wheylow.com/products.htm

Do you guys think it would be worth getting them to make healthier and tasty cake recipes or would it be a waste of money?
    It really sounds insteresting....all natural, low glycemic index....I would love to know what you girls think about this too

I wouldn't use it - Just looks like different blends of fructose + extra stuff (lactose monohydrate - to 'dilute it').

They are not lying because fructose is low GI and 'natural' (it is found in fruits) but table sugar (sucrose) is only a moderate GI (because it is actually half fructose and half glucose) and many people would not use that.

If you want to sweeten things with fructose - stick to real fruits (that way you at least get the fiber, vitamins, minerals and water as well)... Otherwise, if you want no cal/low cal options you are better off going for stevia.

Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh
    I wouldn't use it - Just looks like different blends of fructose + extra stuff (lactose monohydrate - to 'dilute it').

They are not lying because fructose is low GI and 'natural' (it is found in fruits) but table sugar (sucrose) is only a moderate GI (because it is actually half fructose and half glucose) and many people would not use that.

If you want to sweeten things with fructose - stick to real fruits (that way you at least get the fiber, vitamins, minerals and water as well)... Otherwise, if you want no cal/low cal options you are better off going for stevia.
    Thanks.

is there a healthy substitute for brown sugar and powdered sugar?